50 Floor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Small business culture, with big business performance
Operations Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2018
I started working at 50 Floor over two years ago.
Selling good quality products coupled with great customer service has made 50 Floor one of the most rewarding jobs I have had.

There is room for advancement, as well as a realistic opportunity to make 6 figures by the end of year 1.
Pros
independents, continued education, great culture
Great work environment , leads are given not paid for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 11, 2018
Most commission sales positions ask you to come out of pocket to work for the. Not 50floor. They took the time and money to train me. Leads are given out on merit and merit alone. If I didn’t have to move I would still be with them.
Pros
Flexible schedule, unlimited earning potential
Cons
Only 10 locations. I could not relocate with them.
Outstanding opportunity
Design Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 7, 2018
50 Floor provides a great work environment, a great system to be successful, and outstanding support staff. 50 Floor provides a great avenue and all the tools required to succeed and have a very lucrative career.
Strong advertising presence on tv and radio. 50 Floor has great structure from top management to bottom.
Great management from top to bottom, strong accountability, fun environment to work and be a part of. 50 Floor provides a great culture , extensive product line to offer customers many options. Trusted and reputable name brands of products.
When I joined 50 floor, this was a game changer for me. This is an outstanding career opportunity. Bonus programs , outstanding customer service center and call center. Great pricing of product line.
Pros
Great quality products, Six figure income potential, Great structure from top to bottom
Cons
Great pay with a good work-life balance
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2018
A typical day consists of running an average of 3 appointments, meeting with potential clients to discuss their needs, and present solutions. 50 Floor does a great job marketing with well known national, as well as local spokespeople to generate top notch appointments. The sales reps job is simply to show up with a smile. I have been in sales for over 15 years, and can honestly say that this is the easiest sales job I've ever had. The pay and schedule are great, and management is laid back and easy to work with. From day one I've had the training and support I've needed to be successful. I really enjoy working with 50 Floor and plan on being here for years to come.
Pros
Great pay, support and work-life balance
Ehh
Irrelevant (Former Employee) –  AllJune 6, 2018
50 Floor is an OK place to work if you are just looking for something temporary to pay some bills. But, if you are looking for a real job or a place to make a serious career move then you should avoid this place like the plague.You will never get a raise or be promoted. The benefits package is slim to none. The senior management team is incredibly inept, narrow minded, and unprofessional. Everyone of them has a "Me First" attitude about everything. The HR department is also pretty ineffective at everything from basic hiring to resolving employee disputes. This is a multi-million dollar a year national company that still tries to operate like it's a nickel and dime mom and pop operation. The office culture is pretty laid back. This is both good and bad. Good in the fact that you basically have free reign to do as you please with almost no repercussions. Thus, meaning you have very little stress. Bad in the fact that you basically have free reign to do as you please with almost no repercussions. Thus, meaning nothing gets accomplished in an efficient or timely manner. There's also little to no training. Just about everyone who works at 50 Floor who would be considered the "best" at their particular job got that way by figuring it all out on their own.
Pros
Laid Back Atmosphere, Easily Balance Work/Life
Cons
Poor Compensation, No Room for Advancement, Poor Leadership, No Training
As for a commission only sales position this is the best opportunity that can develop into a high paying career with advancement from within.
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
I have been with 50 floor in Atlanta from the early beginnings and this is the best company and the best opportunity where a sales person can create unlimited earning potential with company provided leads.This is truly the kind of company that will be there to help you succeed with ongoing training and support.With hard work,integrity and honesty work ethic you can succeed in the sales world with a true career path to financial success.
Pros
Great commissions, company provided leads, opportunity for advancement as company continues to grow nationally.
Cons
Can be long hours and long drives
Excellent Opportunity!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2018
50 Floor is not just a job it's an adventure. Yes this is a sales job and yes you are expected to perform but if you truly follow their process, take guidance from the managers and give 100% you pretty much have no choice to be successful. I came to this company with what i thought to be a ton of flooring experience but the things I have learned here have truly made me realize how much more I had to learn. Management is excellent, they are always there to support you and help when needed. They set up all the leads for you, qualify them as best as they can and give you everything you need for FREE! Management gives out the leads the night prior to the reps this way you can schedule your day around the appointments and 99% of the time I am only working for a short time of the day while running 2-3 leads a day. Other companies give you your schedule the day of and they have you running all over the state, not 50 Floor! They truly do their best at having your day and drive times make sense. Like all sales jobs there is competition but honestly I love it, it drives me to push myself harder and be as successful as I can!
Pros
six figure salary, top reps get taken out to amazing dinners, bonuses
Cons
Nothing I can think of at this moment
Fun environment and amazing team
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDApril 18, 2018
Worked as an independent sales rep that conducted direct home sales. Developed experience and knowledge in sales. Had intense training on products and company. The team was amazing and everyone worked together.
Pros
Great salary, flexible, network
Cons
Have to wait for pay and use of personal vehicle
Boring
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Call center is SO BORING! The management is dry and you even catch them sleeping cause it's so slow and boring. Call center handles more CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES than the customer service department does. 50floor has job postings every month for customer service representative and call center. Don't bother
Run!
Irrelevant (Former Employee) –  Sorry, StateFebruary 4, 2018
If you're looking for a job that doesn't offer any room for advancement or growth then this is your place. Pay sucks and management in Georgia sucks. The arrogance and favoritism is ridiculous!
Pros
Dress any way you want
Not enough leads and hiring more....
Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 10, 2017
Not enough leads to keep current sales people busy, but adding more monthly.

Turn over is very high. Management burns through people.

If you can’t go without pay for up to 60 days do not join this company.

Mgmt gives leads to the closers, when you’re new, it’s hard to gain momentum without making sufficient calls. If you aren’t making one call closes, you won’t get leads.

You are a 1099 employee. Straight commission. No benefits, no guarantees. Draw is only available once you’ve sold and got orders in house.

Schedules are posted the night before. You might have three, you might have none. You can’t plan anything because you’re in limbo til early evening waiting to see if you’re being ‘given’ a chance to earn money the next day.

Leads are handed out without regard to location. There can be a lead in your immediate area, doesn't mean you’ll get it. Some reps drive up to 1.5 hours to see a customer in your area while you sit.

Training quality depends on who does it. If you’re not somewhat knowledgeable about flooring, be prepared to figure a lot of it out on your own.
Pros
Great products. Interesting meeting homeowner, Great potential with better management of people & leads, corp support staff is very nice and helpful.
Cons
Scheduling is last minute and erratic, Stop hiring until you have your current sales people working, if you want to get rid of a sales person, tell them instead of starving them out by not giving leads to them.
Great Place to Work
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2017
The as a sales representative it is a fantastic company to work for. They give you pre-qualified leads and pay well. If you are willing to work hard, then you can be successful.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 1, 2016
A typical day for me would include printing out all of my paperwork for the day, walk around and tell everyone good morning as i get my duties together. I always put my invoices in first to get them out of the way so I can work on fixing problems within our department.I learned how to process a high volume of information with multiple tasks as well as no experience, which helped me become an asset for the company. The main thing I learned though this job is what I want out of life, this job has really driven me to want the best career for myself. Management is good, although I prefer a more professional environment, more so than personal due to favoritism and such, I work really hard and only want my work to be recognized as it should, I believe it is what i deserve. My coworkers are very great, and always are, I never have an issue in that aspect in my years of working. As for having a hard part in a job, I do not believe there are any, the way I work is I believe I am capable of anything and everything, if my car breaks down I figure it out, that is just how I am, nothing anyone can give me will be hard yes there might be days where the work may be overwhelming or people are not doing their part of the job which may cause some interruption on my part but overall I know it is all capable of being done and I will figure it out. Lastly, the most enjoyable part about this job to me is being in an office environment, I like to dress up and I love having work to do, it might sound like a little much but in all honesty I just love having a job, there is nothing more to it than that,  more... it is a very good feeling to wake up in the morning and have something to do. But, I will say I do like to take control over what I do and this company gave me leeway to do such.  less
Pros
I can take control, Laid back
Cons
stagnant, compensation, favoritism
New Company/Little Direction
employee (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work can be very confusing...I really love the atmosphere and the people that I work with...but there have not been any procedures or guidelines given, so often mistakes are made that can affect the company and more importantly the customer.
Over saw subcontractors and made sure that deliveries and installations were conducted in a professional manner and on time.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, North CarolinaAugust 26, 2015
I loved my job at 50 floor, they treated you like a person and gave you opportunities that I probably would have never had if they hadn't believed in me. I grew a lot from from working here and learned how much more goes into having a job with great responsibility and a good salary, and also the sacrifices you make to have these things. It was hard to be put into a mans position but it was also very rewarding to know that I could do this job and do it right. I believed in this company and gave them 150%, and they gave it back to me. I was offered a transfer position to headquarters in Atlanta but couldn't take the job due to personal issues. (Divorce)
Pros
Trust, being a team, believing in something whole heartedly, flexibility.
Cons
No benefits, sacrifice of family life.
Fun workplace
Office Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 6, 2014
The upper management was wonderful; Troy Tilton and Mario Jaramillo were amazing to work under. The both of them made working an absolute blast and provided lunch numerous times a week for their employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
department heads were not skillful enough