50 Floor

50 Floor Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
1099 job with no flexibility
Negatives: Although is a 1099 job, it is full time job and it's non-negotiable. You can't choose your days or hours and your only day off is on Sundays. It can get old pretty quick. Your next day schedule is released at 10pm the night before. Very hard to predict how your next day is going to be. Also, they say that your leads will be around where you live but it doesn't happen like that in reality. Get ready to drive from 120 to 150 miles/day average.
Positives: If you are good in sales and don't mind the schedule you can make very good money! Paid weekly and fairly.

Good environment, nice people.
Great please to work!
I enjoy working for the 50 Floor company has an administrative assistant within the installation team. The company is fair and handles all employees with respect. I enjoy helping floor installers complete the on-boarding process and my co-workers are friendly. It's a wonderful change to work within a company that respects and values your hard work. Plus, the company is great in communicating with the flooring installers. For example, the floor installers are given jobs by providing them with customers and great 50 Floor high-quality flooring products for installs. The company process paperwork daily after floor installers turn them in on time. The floor installers checks are processed weekly. It’s a stress-free environment to work in; especially for floor installers. Because, as a floor installer you don’t have to spend your days chasing customers to pay you for work you have completed correctly or even have customers call you back for bad product you got from a big box store.
Was a great place to work. I realized a great many financial goals while there.
Enjoyed working with 50Floor a great deal.My income was great and I worked very hard.Always had plenty leads to run and we had some great products. I had to leave the company after 5years to help my son. I highly recommend them as an employer.
Self-centered management
Capital Heights MD branch. Worked there as an installer for barely 5 months. The IC’s practice favoritism. Looks like they got installers who bribe them for jobs. I’ll not recommend 50 floor for even my enemy. They deduct money from your retainer for no apparent reason. You’re informed of the next days job at 7pm. Installers are made to buy Quarter round stains from out of pocket. They only use installers when busy and dump them for their bribe paying installers when slow
You sell you get paid
Great company, higher prices than others but you believe it’s worth it and you will sell. Company always pays you. Have 2 months of savings b4 u start
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
small company
very small company that did not have very good management. The accounting dept was very underpaid and overworked. Work/home balance was great though, the management understood that I was a single parent and worked with my schedule as things came up.
Great for experience
Really had some fun at this job. Not only getting experience but perfection of customer service making sure we give the customer exactly what they needed.Very fast paced and hard work but great for future contracts of ones own.
Awesome company to work for.
This is a great company that really care about its people. Training was great and managers are always willing to help when needed. Products offered are top notch and installers do a great job.
Pros
everything
Fun, Dynamic, Great Culture, and Flexible Scheduling
I've been at 50 Floor, Atlanta Market, since 2017. This is a place that wants you to succeed and provides you every opportunity to do so, as long as you are willing to put in the effort. I had no flooring experience prior to 50 Floor. I did have many years of sales experience in the corporate world however. The management team is vested in your success and will help you all along the way. Earning are uncapped, the more successful you are and the more you apply
yourself, the more you will earn.

You are surrounded by a very diverse blend of sales backgrounds, styles, tenure and experience levels. Everyone there truly works as

a team and the culture is very good.

I will say that if you enjoy a place where you "clock" in/out, this may not be what you're looking for. But if you enjoy a unique and different scene each day, where you have freedom in your day, then you should check it out.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Uncapped Earnings, Great Culture, Pre-Set Appointments
Cons
Evening Hour Appointments, Amount of Miles Driven Annualy
In home sales rep
Top notch company with great products. Strong advertising on TV and radio provides solid leads. The installers are solid and you can be assured that what you sell is being done at the highest levels.
My customer feedback is the best part of the job and is very motivating. The sky is the limit as far as earning potential.
Pros
Time freedom and huge potential.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at 50 Floor?
Solid company
This company consistently stands behind their employees and earns the same in return. Company responds to and works to satisfy customers with actions instead of just words. The office works as a solid team with respect for all.
Pros
Work environtment, service to employees and customers
Cons
None currently
Professional Sales for the Professional Salesman
I began my career at 50 Floor 4.5 years ago. Let me back up for a moment... I have been in Home Improvement Sales for over 20 years. This is the one & only company where my weekly commissions are paid weekly & there was no chasing after money that was due. In fact more often than not I am paid more on jobs than I actually calculated. I have never experienced a Commission Sales Position before where I was not pencil whipped by greedy Managers. In the past I have had Managers tell me that my Sale had cancelled only to find out that they stole my commission. They claimed that my customer cancelled & they "saved" the deal so they earned the commission. That does not happen at 50 Floor. Here at 50 Floor everyone works together to ensure that a Salesman makes what he earns. The culture between Salesmen is supportive, not cut throat. Now we are competitive but that is the nature of a good Salesman. Our meetings are positive, we are sharing best practices & also working through road blocks. Our Sales Manager actually is a Professional Salesman so we can practice what he preaches. My income selling quality flooring is far above anything I have experienced successfully selling Sun Rooms, Windows, Siding, Water Systems,etc.
Pros
Excellent Training, Warm Leads, Flexible Scheduling, Bonus' & Spiffs
Cons
High Mileage but it's Tax Deductable!
Great Competitive Work place
If you're self motivated, disciplined and focused, the sky's the limit with 50 Floor. The management is focused on results and constantly is working to improve their process...this in turn helps you achieve your goals/targets within the company. The people are great and the work environment is fast paced yet still manages to feel relaxed.

The pay is competitive and the work-life balance is just that ..... Balanced.
Very fun place to work. Management is very helpful and knowledgeable
Best company you could ever work for. Don’t listen to the low performing haters that couldn’t stay the pace with the group and had to move along. Everyone has a great chance to make money and the pay structure is phenomenal.
Pros
Pay. Schedule, fun
Cons
A fantastic quality of life if you put in the effort.
I’ve been here over two years. If you work hard and care about your clients and your business this is a fantastic opportunity. If you take a passive role in your position as a sales rep your income and opportunity will suffer. The positive, competitive nature of our team is something that continues to give me fulfillment. I find the compensation to be extremely motivating when you are putting in the effort.
Pros
pay, quality of life
Best In-Home Sales Opportunity
Over the past 15 years I have worked for several in-home sales, home improvement companies and I can say from experience that, 50 Floor is the best in-home sales opportunity around. Many companies will advertise how great their sales opportunity is and how competitive their commission structure is but what they won't tell you is how few leads they have or how poor the lead quality is. As a Sales Representative, over the past two years, I have consistently received 2 to 3 leads per day. The leads are all generated through a massive TV & radio advertising campaign and never through telemarketing or neighborhood canvassing. When you meet with a 50 Floor customer, they are expecting you and eager to discuss their flooring project. A good sales person should easily be able to close 35% to 45% of their appointments. If you have great people skills, great work-ethic and a desire to be the best then a six figure income is very realistic.
Pros
Great money, Time Freedom, Fun Environment
Cons
I can't think of any
Terrible place to work
Management is a joke especially the VP. Prices are extremely high so leads are practically worthless. Customers can find better deals any place else. This is an independent contractor position ,100% commission ,so no benefits or money guarantees. You drive your own vehicle and are responsible for all your own gas and any other vehicle expenses. You must become incorporated and get a business license. All checks are made out to your business name so makes taxes more complicated. Avoid like the plague.
Cons
Atlanta sales rep several years
The leads are provided, however they are not evenly distributed. If you are a long timer, friend, or favored the leads are of much greater quality and quantity. Much Better. I have supported my family as a sales rep for many years. One rep at 50Floor with the same skill level as another will be favored and make twice the income. The company controls the leads. If you question this in any form in a meeting you are verbally attacked and put down. The favored value their lofty position greatly. Some reps will get at least a third of their leads that the company knows are not sell worthy. The sells expense is completely out of the reps' pockets. Some reps are also sales managers and therefore pic their own leads and those of their buddies. Many days are long. I have worked over 16 hrs in days with lots of driving and a third of that on leads that were obviously trash. Trash, meaning that they are leads that are not even in the company's purview. These are leads that selling managers and those protected by them run few of or none. Even if you live in a good geographic area they will have you travel to bad unsafe areas and have 'protected' reps travel into your area on good leads. Because you usually get your list of unfairly distributed leads late the night before it's run you cannot make any personal plans. You might get 5. You might get 1. Might get none. They will and have asked reps to write good employment reviews on job sites. They have paid bonuses to reps who would get good customer job reviews. Management encouraged and paid reps to get the reviews even if the rep wrote - more...
Pros
money, good about giving time off when asked, good product and svc over all, samples/ leads provided.
Cons
favoritism, no control on leads, cannot reject a lead, no benifits, wait 3 mos for com. to start kicking in, no PTO
nothing is good
Haven't received a check for the work that I completed for them since I turned in samples. Will have to file a lawsuit to recover.

This place was completely dysfunctional in my opinion and I would recommend you stay clear of this company!
Pros
Cons
Incompetence
Small business culture, with big business performance
I started working at 50 Floor over two years ago.
Selling good quality products coupled with great customer service has made 50 Floor one of the most rewarding jobs I have had.

There is room for advancement, as well as a realistic opportunity to make 6 figures by the end of year 1.
Pros
independents, continued education, great culture
Great work environment , leads are given not paid for
Most commission sales positions ask you to come out of pocket to work for the. Not 50floor. They took the time and money to train me. Leads are given out on merit and merit alone. If I didn’t have to move I would still be with them.
Pros
Flexible schedule, unlimited earning potential
Cons
Only 10 locations. I could not relocate with them.