51Talk
Here to help
Coronavirus update

51Talk Pay & Benefits reviews

You managing your own schedule on paper sounds way better than it seems. The system has you setting up your free time on the schedule system they have. Whether students take the slots is the problem. You can end up waiting the entire day to fine out no one took any of your slots. Its a waste of electricity and time on the workers part. Students can schedule a half hour before the said free slot, which to me isnt very good time wise as well. Payment is also low which is another issue.
Cons
Problematic scheduling system and low pay
I'm always grateful for the experience they've given me. It boosted my confidence and trained me to become better in the teaching profession. They offer free online trainings and promotions are easy to achieve. You just really have to have a good and stable internet connection as well as a secure source of electricity, which I lacked back then. Without it, penalties would be stacked more than your actual rate per session.
Pros
Gives you a lot of training which are essential for your profession and promotion.
Cons
They have bigger penalty rate than your actual per 25-minute rate.
It is an awesome experience! I really enjoyed teaching students during my free time. Trainings provided by the company really helps a lot for self-improvement. I am confident and was able to deliver my lessons very well. 51 talk has competitive salary and incentives, great support system, fun work culture and reliable management.
Pros
incentives and compensations
Penalties are way too high and there's no consideration esp when there's a power outage and not entirely your fault. Promotions and tagging are delayed as well. You have to wait for weeks before they will tag your promotion. They won't even bother unless you contact or follow up the support team.
Pros
Convenient and fun
Cons
No benefits, penalty fees are very high, you are required to teach at night during peak hours
Job seekers rely on your experience.
51 Talk should fix their AC. Why? Because their AC is a trash. It is not their employees fault that they can not enter their class, its the company itself.
Pros
Experience, socialization, and improve.
Cons
AC is a TRASH, naughty kids, you'll get 1/4 of your student's payment as your salary and the rest is to the company, and lasty no justice when it is the student or company's fault.
You need lots of energy but they will pay you small amount of money.
Not so good company.

Not worthy.

Lots of penalties for teachers

Sometimes there are bad students and it will be very stressful for the teachers
51Talk provides competitive salary and incentives. They have an awesome support system. The environment is friendly and fun. Promotion is fast as well
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Competitive Salary and Incentives
Cons
None so far
Teaching here was fun and exciting! It really brought the inner child in me! The teaching hours are also flexible giving me the opportunity to balance my career and being a full time mom.
Pros
Incentives and Bonuses
Cons
I am currently working as a part time ESL teacher, but it seems like my salary from 51talk is good for a full timer. The company offers perks and reasonable basic pay to teachers.They offer free trainings too!
You can choose your own working schedule. The incentives are motivating and help the teacher in their career development. Gives free training that will hone the teachers' skills.
Pros
Good incentives
Overall the company is great, I enjoy working in here, relaxing and can work at anytime, and also a lot of free training's that you can book and you can enjoy everytime.
Pros
flexible working schedule
Cons
low booking rate, lots of deductions, less benefits.
I learned that we still need to learn more in order for us to be a dynamic teacher. I am thankful that 51talk has free trainings for teachers like me. The trainings helps me a lot to be a better teacher. I can confidently teach because Im in 51talk family. The management helps us alot from day 1. They are able to guide us and encourage us to do our best. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to experienced the fun in teaching kids. The hardest part of my job is to be able to work especially when there is a power interruption from our place. Despite of the pandemic Im still thankful that I have a job. 51talk helps me a lot and my family to survive this crisis we are facing. Looking for more trainings and become a junior teacher, someday. You also get to meet amazing people who are willing to help you in accomplishing your tasks. Salary is also competitive and is a great salary for fresh graduates. 51Talk is great for both experienced and non-experienced online teachers.
Pros
free trainings
Cons
long hours of training
As an experienced Home-Based Online ESL Teacher. I can confidently say that 51talk has the best things an Online Teaching platform. . . . 51talk has competitive pay and incentives, great support system.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I found it a very convenient job because it's accessible even you are in your home. It's easy to access, especially this is just my part-time job. After I got home, I just turn on my laptop and teach.
Pros
incentives
Cons
lots of penalty
The work is challenging but rewarding. You also get to meet amazing people who are willing to help you in accomplishing your tasks. Salary is also competitive and is a great salary for fresh graduates.
Pros
Great salary, and work environment
Cons
Long working hours
51Talk is great for both experienced and non-experienced online teachers. The company has great training courses and they even offer free TESOL. The pay is also good packaged with great incentives. Overall I'm happy with 51Talk!
Pros
Flexible working schedule, Free Training, Hmo, Tesol, etc.
Being part of 51Talk as a home-based teacher was the best experience I've ever had. This experience helped me boost my skills in teaching through the free trainings and webinars that they offer. I also feel like I am my own because I can teach whenever I want to since 51Talk offers flexible teaching hours. And lastly, I am motivated to teach because of their compensation that is enriched with bonuses and incentives.
Pros
Flexible Teaching and Work-From-Home type of job setting
Cons
They have flexible plotting of schedule but there is no guarantee that all your open schedule will be book.I always experience low booking even though I open my slots on peak hours.The penalty is higher than your hourly rate.They should have consideration on the employees part.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low booking, No student, Higher penalty rate
working at 51 talk was a good experience and a tool to improve your communication, typing, internet skills. It is a good company but the salary is a little low
Very convenient, and the work hours are flexible! For a person like me who rarely wants to go out and deal with the hot Philippine weather, a job like this is awfully convenient! I usually work at night so I can spend more time with my family in the day which is great!
I used to work for Acadsoc for 2 years and the compensation I got is nowhere near how much I earn now with 51Talk. Everything has just been so good, so far - from the salary, benefits, and volume of students; not to mention the ease of the application process, it only took me 3 days to complete!

I couldn't be more happier to have made the switch!