6K Systems Employee Reviews

Exciting place to work - always fast paced and changing.
Director, Human Capital Management Consulting (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 13, 2018
The company is customer focused and ensures employees have the resources to accomplish tasks. Excellent at program management and ensuring client-facing staff is well credentialed.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Lacks HR strategy
Slow Pace
Junior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 26, 2018
No room for advancement, slow pace, poor management, received top secret clearance, however took almost two and a half years to obtain it, no moral, no motivation
Very slow pace, no room for advancement
Mid level Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVNovember 26, 2018
Very slow pace, no room for advancement, poor management, repetitive, top secret clearance provided, however took almost two and a half years to receive.
Ok place to work
Supervisor Anthony Harris (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2018
Work at a different site. Site was ok. I like the location and the environment. My boss was a little strange but other than that it was a ok place to work
Ok for a beginning position if you live with parents or other people
Junior Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190August 15, 2018
I learned people that work at the FBI don't get paid as much as people think they do. Not all actual FBI employees are happy that there are contractors working there with them.
Great Small Business
Director of Capture and Proposal Management (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 3, 2018
Enjoyed working with the 6K Team. The leadership strives to develop customer driven solutions. They welcome a formal process for opportunity identification through qualification. They make the necessary investments in key personnel and operational staff to ensure they can sustain new work.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
N/a
Same thing over and over each day.
Records Examiner/Document Conversion Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 31, 2018
This was working for the FBI which is all classified.
(Data Entry) Inventory of the deposited material and entry of request numbers, file numbers, and section numbers into a tabular order. Prepare records, documents and /or files.
Reassemble records, documents, and/or files to the central repository.
Review material for security classifications.
Cons
Productive great place to work
LEAD TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 17, 2018
Great Place to work, informed management staff and leadership. Mainly contract work for government. most employees are remote but the interaction with home office is good and you are kept well informed.
Poor managment on every level
Junior analyst/ Team lead (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVApril 24, 2018
Terrible company to work for. The management only cares bout themselves. The pay poor wages and literally would laugh in your face if you ask for a raise.
I had an energetic and productive team at the satellite location.
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDApril 7, 2018
Unfortunately my entire team was laid off due to the contract. A typical day included receiving medical learning material requests from various CMS agencies and medical facilities; in addition to maintaining the Medicare Learning Network system. I learned to trust my senior management team. The most enjoyable part of the job was my amazing team (both internal and external)..
Relaxed, no stress
Senior Records Examiner (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 27, 2018
I really like the company. Feel that they are fair with their employee. IT hard to get a hold of the main office at time, but they are willing to help in situtations.
Pros
breaks, helpful
Cons
don't see to often
Innovative self-learning environment
Director, Human Capital Consulting & Learning (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 25, 2018
6K Systems enables you to focus on building the culture and capabilities you need to deliver for the future so that they don't get stale in the context of today's ever-evolving business demands.
Pros
CEO management style
Cons
B2G environment
Challenging
Jr. Records Examiner (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 28, 2017
6K was a good company to work for; FBI trainer was difficult at best; found one individual during training classes and picked on them until they quit; if individual refused to quit a reason to fire them was created
Pros
Godd people, benifits
Cons
FBI trained
Very Flexible
Junior Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WV 26301November 21, 2017
As military they hired us for their contract solely due to our clearance but they do not pay us comparable to other contracting companies. Literally the same cubicle across from me at another contracting company makes 10k more for doing the same work. We get laughed at all the time for working the same amount and making that much less.
Pros
flexible schedule, good military co workers
Cons
bad pay, micromanaged, and boring tedious work
Productive/Family Oriented
Support the CFO and Sr. Accountant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 8, 2017
Support the CFO and Sr. Accountant. Duties include:
• Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
• Cutting employee expense checks
• Filing receipts
• Distributing and mailing employee paychecks
• Ordering and stocking office supplies
Pros
Scenery, location, Atmosphere
Cons
Traffic, close to Toll road 267/Rt.7
6K Systems
training specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 14, 2015
This small company is owned and run by a fantastic human being who is honest, fair, and brilliant. His company never discriminates and has a diverse group of individuals working there. The CEO cares about the integrity of his company, the work quality, and he cares about his personnel. I am saddened to learn that the government contract on which I've been working is coming to an end. I've enjoyed every minute of working at 6K Systems, and supporting the wonderful folks at the FAA. I used to travel quite a bit, and that was most enjoyable. Lately, I've been doing the editing on the project. I've learned that good things comes to people who work hard and care about doing a quality job.
Pros
Ethical
Cons
That the contract ended.
Flexible Place to Work
PM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 17, 2015
6K is a great place to work. I enjoy working with the team we have at the IRS...everyone is extremely personable even during the tough times. The team is super helpful. Above all, the working schedule is flexible...at least on the IRS contract. Overall, a great experience thus far.
Nice place to work.