7-Eleven
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from 7-Eleven:

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA79 reviews
I got a lot of experience.
It a pleasure that I been work in 7-Eleven company and I just want to work another company to get more experience. I want to work in Manufacture because I want to have experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Break went eat lunch
Job sucks
They pay you dirt and you have to bust your butt. They had me running graveyard by myself at 18 when you by law must be at least 21. Very unprofessional and illicit.
Good for a paycheck
I often feel over worked on the days when both trucks come. We do not get any benefits or any bonuses. Only aspect I like is the management. I think they are friendly. I don't get any designated break from work.
Pros
Free expired food if you work overnights, and somewhat supportive management.
Cons
No breaks, no benefits
A fast paced retail environment operating 24 hours with a lot of traffic.
Managing Seven Eleven Store requires the know how of all operating procedures involved to run a business including Handling customers, Ordering, Inventory control, Scheduling associates, Budgeting, financial management , merchandising and staffing. Making the store ready for daily business with well stocked, clean, and staffed with friendly associates makes the day easy for all. That's what I have experienced.
Clean and fast paced working environment.
Team work to get the work done in a timely manner. Check in delivery trucks. Stock shelves. Replenish the drinks in the cooler. Ring up customers. Make the store is clean.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Ensure customer gets their beer or tobacco
Theirs no future when you work at 7-11. No benefits, no advancement, no raise. Your'e only benefit is a free slurpee. Try and get an education because these competitive jobs have no value on the resume.
stressful and useful at the same time?!?
I've learned a lot of things, that I know will help me out in my life, but The Stress and Pressure from it just gets exhausting after a while. The Management isn't bad, but when there is only 1 manager then it will get extremely hard, be but it's not good either. cause when someone leaves to go on vacation, they are leaving the rest of the work to the employees. the employees get sick of not having the ability to go on vacation or taking some days off to rest, there is never enough employees to work here. and speaking of the Customers you will either love them or hate them! there are some very good customers that will help us and we will help them, but the bad customers are just people who steal, leave a big mess and not clean up after themselves (pigs), and don't understand anything, they don't read the signs we put up and if we tell them you can't do that (like putting ice coffee into a Slurpee cup or putting Slurpee into a double big gulp, opening up stuff (like eating and or drinking it) without any knowledge of knowing how much it's going to be or if they even have enough for it. The customers always want it their way or else they will get very angry. Me and the other employees we just work here and we have to follow the guide lines and business protocols. The customers are going to give you a hard time! the employees CAN (not as if they could and or would) give you a hard time, but give them a break they are dealing with the hours, the stress, the customers! if it wasn't for the economy to be in bad condition, I would of just quit after a while, I've been working here - more...
Pros
good customers, get paid on time, 7-11 rewards card
Cons
no breaks, bad customers, stressful, so much pressure, no vacation days, short staffed
you be the the judge
overnights slow pace, independent work, "NOT MY PROBLEM " Manager when given the wrong phone number to employees to contact.
was constantly being accused of stealing money when the manager themselves wouldnt do day close and money was always short.

seeing the pay check and knowing i was doing it for mu future.
Stressful
No pay increase,no sick leave,very stressful,,16 or 8hours never relax or sit down for a second,customer have no respect just always cursing.Always stealing no shame in there eyes.
Worst ever
As an assistant manager, there should not be a reason why a cashier should get more hours just because they consistently slept with the store manager.
A good place to start career in hospitality
Although a good place to start one's career in hospitality but since the franchisee program was introduced it restricted individual growth. Employees working different shifts not always contribute towards the overall appearance, thus affecting the store image and reputation.
Fun and uptempo
A great place to stay busy and fly through the day, the people are nice and friendly and make it fun to be at work. I learned a lot of social skills and customer service, along with food service and safety.
Pros
Flexible hours, open 24/7
Cons
Demanding, may be called to cover a shift frequently
Back then it was good to work for 7-Eleven
I started from cashier, within 6 years I was promoted as a store manager. If you are hard worker they recognize your work. Back then I had been working in corporate environment.
Pros
8 hours shift
Cons
health care, long and shorterm disability insurance
Very routine job, systematic forces individuals to be able to time manage properly in order to complete task. Management is effective in providing employees skills needed to be efficient as well as that is what makes the job enjoyable the family like atmosphere.
Pros
System, routine, and people
Cons
Lack of benefits
Very intimidating managers
Not a very fun place to work. There was very small room to move up and advance in the company. No appreciation for employees and customers. Was made to work through multiple serious injuries and illness.
Pros
taquitos
Cons
5 minute breaks, no time off for illness, no appreciation from managers
n/a
Great place to work for. I enjoyed my time working at 7/11 for the interacting with customers and other co-workers. Manager was a pleasure to work with.
good payment
i need a job and being a stocker would be good for me beacuse i like to move things and i can move really big things so a job like stocking would be just fine for me
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Excellent company to work for. You meet so many different cultures in help so many people. The customer base is very diverse and the people are excell
excellent company to work for. The opportunities that they percent are second to none. They are the number one company in the world concerning the convenience industry. And they never close.
Good interview
It’s a great job to have Store are 24 hours so you can work different shifts they have great team members that you work with and if you have a good team then your Store will run smooth
Not Sure
My time at 7-Eleven was brief, and I was under a lot of stress at the time. My reflection of the company would not be fair to give, but the working conditions were somewhat fair. A lot of responsibility is thrust immediately upon a new employee, but they employees are very good at answering questions.
Pros
higher pay
Cons
location cleanliness, many responsibilities
Newcomers
It is the best place for newcomers in USA before they get their specific job field. Work hard and take pay fairly and weekly. Learn how to face different kinds of people behavior.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.
3.6K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 7-Eleven.