7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Found 6,166 reviews matching the search See all 8,740 reviews
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 20, 2018
Working at 711 isn't a hard job but it also isn't easy. As long as you do everything right at a good pace you'll be good, customers can be difficult to deal with but working there more you get the hang of it.
I enjoyed my time there, and my coworkers were nice people
CONVENIENCE STORE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 20, 2018
I worked there for more then a few months, i was employed at the phoenix Oregon location wile it got shut down and had to be relocated to a shadier location. My coworkers and assistant managers where positive and we together we created a fun working environment that made it enjoyable to come to work. Its a shame i had to move thou, and couldn't get relocated fast enough.
Pros
You choose your own breaks
Cons
lots of crackheads and tweekers
working for 711
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 20, 2018
wasn't a big fan, worked for a month and 3 weeks.. the customers are very rude.. also the co workers often never show up for work.. plenty night i would work and have to run the store by myself , a typical day would be me going to work , working my whole shift and then leaving.. i was never the type to act out in public or at the job so i do my best to just follow instruction and use the right procedures until my job is finished.
Pros
everything was a tax, free drinks
Cons
bad customer service, lack of unity
A lot of favoritism, no equality
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sanford,FlNovember 20, 2018
This facility needs to be shut down the staff are not nice and the assistant manager never does her job The owner doesnt care about the employees and the pay is horrible
adjustable sales
Retail Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2018
adjusting to the flow of traffic in store sale production customer care liability.customer challenges with being right.front face the store .store rating upon mystery shop.
Informative and Fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 19, 2018
Throughout my time with the company, I was able to learn a lot that I was able to apply to my personal life and in the management of my personal finances.
Not Much To Be Said
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2018
7/11 operates much like any other store that sells multiple items with a small staff. The difference I find here, besides the fact that it is open 24hrs, is that there is no focus on the employees. Non in their education of job related tasks, outside the basics. It is a learn as you go process that doesn't account the just what employees should actually know before they begin.
Alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 18, 2018
Needs a higher starting pay........................otherwise coworkers are fun to work with and somewhat flexible hours...........I would reccomend to a friend.
Pros
Fun fast paced
Cons
Horrible pay
Very relaxed productive environment
Mainframe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 18, 2018
A typical day involves reviewing and responding to emails, documenting existing applications / processes / projects, keeping the team informed of task assignments, and maintaining a work / life balance.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefit package.
Cons
Contract ended
I liked how fast paced it was
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MANovember 18, 2018
Management needed help but it was a good place . My customers were awesome. The workers were always calling out... deliveries were a nightmare esp when I’m alone . Boss was cheap and didn’t want another person on
Pros
Free coffee

Want to know more about 7-Eleven?

Ask a question
Try It !
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CANovember 17, 2018
It was ok but not to work to long may be it was the location i was at ......it a good place for fast cash .....
I just say it not the place to make a career
A great place to get to know your neighborhood
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 17, 2018
The work is hard and the hours can be tough but you get to meet the people that live in your neighborhood. I have met many friends from working at 7-Eleven and used it to springboard into better jobs elsewhere in the community.
Pros
Fun and entertaining
Cons
low pay and hard work
I learned alot
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  USANovember 17, 2018
5am starts and 8pm ends so it was always very long days.
I learned how to use first aid, how to help the team and those working for the shop.
The hardest part of the job was the paper work.
Dead end job
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXNovember 16, 2018
Typical day: 8 hrs. on your feet, fast paced work, no breaks including no lunch break.
What I learned: No matter how good you perform your job, you will not be financially rewarded with raises after you reach the pay cap for your position.
Management: Inconsistant, at best. Frequent management changes due to buying and selling of franchised stores. Things (benefits, raises, consistant management, etc.) were MUCH better before the company started franchising operations.
Workplace culture: Eclectic, depending on who is working on any given day.
Hardest part of job: Being on your feet all day with no breaks.
Most enjoyable part of job: Interaction with the customers, especially the "regulars".
Pros
Dealing with the public and meeting new people
Cons
No benefits, no raises, no breaks, inconsistant management
nice company to work for,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2018
Atypical day at work starts greeting and serving customers fast and friendly service with a smile,making sure product is fresh and presented to sale,the most enjoyable part of my job was my customers,
Pros
working with people
Cons
health care benefits
Ny
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 15, 2018
keeping a clean, safe environment for patrons, ringing customer purchases using electronic cash registers, and giving correct change. - forecasting, ordering, and stocking merchandise throughout the store.
Very busy store
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 15, 2018
Very busy store with returning customers.
Conveniently located.
A lot of drug and prostitution activity in parking lot.
Very nice and thoughtful management.
Pros
free coffee and soft drinks
Cons
poor wages
Good job if you are single, or do NOT have younger children.
Management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2018
While the job pays very well, it also demands full control of your life. Especially if you are management, you are always on call. Middle of the night, all hour of the day, days off aren't guaranteed. I remember 18 day stretches with no days off at one point. They are strict as well. I never called in but I've seen them let people go for their second call in.

Really if you are determined you can move up quite quickly. They pay great. If you work hard and don't have small kids or a busy life outside of work, this is a job for you.
Pros
Healthcare, wages
Cons
No breaks, no set schedule.
cool place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 15, 2018
711 was a great workplace and i never had issues with them and the weekly pay was definitely a bonus. the hardest part of the job are the deliveries but its simple just some heavy lifting
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HINovember 14, 2018
I definitely recommend this place to work at. They are very flexible with your schedule and understand that you have a life outside of work. They help in any trading you would need and make sure that you have all the tools available for you.
Pros
Awesome management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.6K
32.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 7-Eleven.

Powered by Comparably