7-Eleven logo

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

7-Eleven insights

Based on 2,836 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 86 reviews matching the search.See all 13,440 reviews

I got a lot of experience.

It a pleasure that I been work in 7-Eleven company and I just want to work another company to get more experience. I want to work in Manufacture because I want to have experience.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Break went eat lunch

my 7-eleven was a great place to work on

great management , great owner and great coworkershardest part of the job is working with rowdy and impatient customers.You have to take ownership at your work be productive you cant just sit on the register and do nothing

Pros

Free food and drinks, request a day off easily, pay is okay

Cons

no benefits?

productive and good workplace

I have worked at 7-eleven the main advantage is you will get fixed time and greet new people and also you will have fun with co workers.The disadvantage is you will have tough time with some customers

Pros

free food in some of the stores, Free coffe and free soda

Cons

No breaks, No healthcare

The work is not too easy. There is always something to do.

The challenge is to continue to work especially during the overnight shift when there seems to be nothing to do. But, of course, there is always something to do. So, I have learned to work without taking extended breaks. And, when I do take a few minutes to rest, my mind tends to dwell on what to do next. The hardest part of the job is when the store is very busy and one can't find enough time to do essentials.

Pros

Good pay, free fountain drinks.

Cons

sometimes, during the night shift, the store can be very lonely.

Good place to start off

Little benefits, but very flexible. Overall a decent place to work at if it’s your first job. The work load can get excessive if you’re the only one working. But it’s nothing too complicated.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Very good and funy places

7-Eleven is the company I got my self and shaped my everything. Because it was the firs company I started work.in addiction used this company as a language school.since it is popular company for entire of Americans.

Pros

Cons

Short break only.

None of the managers would appreciate your work and don’t even get paid the minimum amount

0 out of 10. They just get whatever they want from you. They make you do all the hard work and never get paid fairly. People who are new hired are getting paid more.

Job sucks

They pay you dirt and you have to bust your butt. They had me running graveyard by myself at 18 when you by law must be at least 21. Very unprofessional and illicit.

Good for a paycheck

I often feel over worked on the days when both trucks come. We do not get any benefits or any bonuses. Only aspect I like is the management. I think they are friendly. I don't get any designated break from work.

Pros

Free expired food if you work overnights, and somewhat supportive management.

Cons

No breaks, no benefits

A fast paced retail environment operating 24 hours with a lot of traffic.

Managing Seven Eleven Store requires the know how of all operating procedures involved to run a business including Handling customers, Ordering, Inventory control, Scheduling associates, Budgeting, financial management , merchandising and staffing. Making the store ready for daily business with well stocked, clean, and staffed with friendly associates makes the day easy for all. That's what I have experienced.

Jobs at 7-Eleven

See more jobs

Clean and fast paced working environment.

Team work to get the work done in a timely manner. Check in delivery trucks. Stock shelves. Replenish the drinks in the cooler. Ring up customers. Make the store is clean.

Ensure customer gets their beer or tobacco

Theirs no future when you work at 7-11. No benefits, no advancement, no raise. Your'e only benefit is a free slurpee. Try and get an education because these competitive jobs have no value on the resume.

stressful and useful at the same time?!?

I've learned a lot of things, that I know will help me out in my life, but The Stress and Pressure from it just gets exhausting after a while. The Management isn't bad, but when there is only 1 manager then it will get extremely hard, be but it's not good either. cause when someone leaves to go on vacation, they are leaving the rest of the work to the employees. the employees get sick of not having the ability to go on vacation or taking some days off to rest, there is never enough employees to work here. and speaking of the Customers you will either love them or hate them! there are some very good customers that will help us and we will help them, but the bad customers are just people who steal, leave a big mess and not clean up after themselves (pigs), and don't understand anything, they don't read the signs we put up and if we tell them you can't do that (like putting ice coffee into a Slurpee cup or putting Slurpee into a double big gulp, opening up stuff (like eating and or drinking it) without any knowledge of knowing how much it's going to be or if they even have enough for it. The customers always want it their way or else they will get very angry. Me and the other employees we just work here and we have to follow the guide lines and business protocols. The customers are going to give you a hard time! the employees CAN (not as if they could and or would) give you a hard time, but give them a break they are dealing with the hours, the stress, the customers! if it wasn't for the economy to be in bad condition, I would of just quit after a while, I've been working here -

Pros

good customers, get paid on time, 7-11 rewards card

Cons

no breaks, bad customers, stressful, so much pressure, no vacation days, short staffed

you be the the judge

overnights slow pace, independent work, "NOT MY PROBLEM " Manager when given the wrong phone number to employees to contact. was constantly being accused of stealing money when the manager themselves wouldnt do day close and money was always short. seeing the pay check and knowing i was doing it for mu future.

Stressful

No pay increase,no sick leave,very stressful,,16 or 8hours never relax or sit down for a second,customer have no respect just always cursing.Always stealing no shame in there eyes.

Worst ever

As an assistant manager, there should not be a reason why a cashier should get more hours just because they consistently slept with the store manager.

A good place to start career in hospitality

Although a good place to start one's career in hospitality but since the franchisee program was introduced it restricted individual growth. Employees working different shifts not always contribute towards the overall appearance, thus affecting the store image and reputation.

Fun and uptempo

A great place to stay busy and fly through the day, the people are nice and friendly and make it fun to be at work. I learned a lot of social skills and customer service, along with food service and safety.

Pros

Flexible hours, open 24/7

Cons

Demanding, may be called to cover a shift frequently

Back then it was good to work for 7-Eleven

I started from cashier, within 6 years I was promoted as a store manager. If you are hard worker they recognize your work. Back then I had been working in corporate environment.

Pros

8 hours shift

Cons

health care, long and shorterm disability insurance

Very routine job, systematic forces individuals to be able to time manage properly in order to complete task. Management is effective in providing employees skills needed to be efficient as well as that is what makes the job enjoyable the family like atmosphere.

Pros

System, routine, and people

Cons

Lack of benefits

Very intimidating managers

Not a very fun place to work. There was very small room to move up and advance in the company. No appreciation for employees and customers. Was made to work through multiple serious injuries and illness.

Pros

taquitos

Cons

5 minute breaks, no time off for illness, no appreciation from managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 7-Eleven.
Powered byComparably