7-Eleven
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

United States9,955 reviews

Found 9,955 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,081 reviews

I got a lot of experience.

It a pleasure that I been work in 7-Eleven company and I just want to work another company to get more experience. I want to work in Manufacture because I want to have experience.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Break went eat lunch

The owner is very concerned about you

If you don’t call out the owner is amazing. Working graveyard shift was fun to meet people who don’t sleep. I was able to succeed because of the lack of customers so I was able to do a great job sanitizing and making the day begin clean and organized for coworkers and customers

Pros

Free food and drinks

Cons

No benefits

7-Eleven insights

Based on 5,024 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Fun

The job was easy and pay was decent. Only a handful of the employees were actually good people. Management doesnt seem to care about anything. Card readers were often broken, awful employees were never fired. I had asked to not work with a certain employ that made me uncomfortable, but management never did a thing about it

Requires a lot of Patience but its good for what it is

I only worked there for about 5 months but to be honest, its a pretty relaxed job. The job is easy if you can handle customers my only qualm is the management. They like to cause drama and turn employees against each other and they dont communicate well together. If your willing to suck up to them then youll have a smooth time, if not you will probably get your hours cut. That being said the job itself is easy you have as set list of things you must do and your expected to do them. Simple. Your other employees are usually cooperative and due to the nature of the management end up becoming even more reliable. The Life balancing and flexibility is good if you need time off they are usually accommodating but if you are trying to get more then 40 hours a week... THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU. They dont like paying overtime at all.

If you desire to be married to your J O B, this is the job for you

If the staff you have working at your store call out, you are required to be there. Be ready to work 58 to 60 hours a week and training is mandatory regardless of it’s your day off.

Customers

The management is terrible. They don't give raises after 90 days. They cut hours and don't care about your outside life. Have you doing manager stuff at cashier pay.

Horrible hours, low pay, dangerous

Standing all dayLearned nothingManagement was carelessZero CultureHardest part - showing up to workDangerousConstant robberies Easily firedExtreme ResponsibilityLow PayLong hoursBenefits suckDental / Medical you still have to payPaid days off do not accumulateDays off must be approved or lostLow MoraleBad District Supervisors

Pros

Free food after it expires

Cons

Danger

Wouldn't recommend.

Horrible low pay. Employees are not a team no one covers if your sick. 8 hr shifts with little to no breaks. Spent all my time working by myself without help. Working Graves without overnight time.

Pros

Cons

Low pay and benefits.

Learn to work Independently and expect rushes.

There is a 7-11 University to help you learn the job but you will find that 9/10 people haven't had a single lesson done in it. Yet, they'll hiring you anyhow and hope you'll learn on the job. Hardest part of the job is doing doordash, counter, and hot food because where you need 3 people on the job at times. It's not a thing. Furthermore, CoreMark. The Deliveries.Nobody tells you when they're coming or they come late and you have to suffer with it.The most enjoyable part of the job is the repeat customers that see you as a person too. They accept you're tired or that the job isn't fantastic. Those rare few that don't walk to the counter with 'Marlboro red short' when you're handling something else on the other side of the counter.

Pros

drinks are free

Cons

what is lunch breaks?

Its a job but management is good

Great place to work, work life balance could be better. Lots of opportunity to advance. Management was helpful. Pay could be more but it is what it is.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Pay

Environment is a learning prosperous journey

Kitchen Manager is the best at Teaching and showing guidance. She shows how to learn and advance in roll and position and shows leadership. She is definitely a Gem for company. Great Manager. I process a learning experience that helps in and out of work environments.

Was a Great Company until 711 Oklahoma was bought out by Dallas..

It was a very great company to work for before the switch.. now corporate treats managers, and employees very poorly! None of my coworkers or managers were very dependable and everyone’s always late. constant times i was left by myself after my shift was over because no one showed but if I was to leave the store I would be fired…

Poor training and stressful work environment

Poor management and planning. No work/life balance. Preferential treatment. Stressful environment with little support. No consideration of circumstances when pertaining to number of hours worked per week/day.

Nice environment and friendly peoples all around,had decent customers come in most of the time,trouble free neighbourhood,would recommend to work there

The only good thing about working there was I met some very nice people.

Poor management, no accountability for anyone. Poor poor HR situation. One of the Top 10 most dangerous jobs in the WORLD and we are grossly under paid for what is expected of us . Working not only for 7/11 but door dash as well .

Pros

Free fountain drinks

Cons

Poor Management

Not a good place to work

No support from upper management and the higher up management doesn't care if you work 80 hours they only pay you for 40. But if you work less then they cut your pay.

A Good Job as long as your doing your job.

The love my job at 7 eleven, my boss is great and the people I work with are excellent. There are very few things that I can say I don't like about this job but besides that great place to work.

Pros

Breaks when you need them, pay is good, fellow employees are really nice and caring.

Cons

I get the delivery trucks the day before my off days and the day I return from my off days, you earn your paycheck on those days for sure.

Store manages

Store managers can talk all that talk about being this good perosn and how they like stuff done and how they like there store but would never help... Leave all the work for the others... At least help out a little and don't just be helpful the day the district manager comes..

Pros

Money and discounts free drinks

Cons

Store manager. Fake All talk Only work when the district manager is there.

Not much advancement.

You can work very hard for years if you make one small mistake you will no longer be considered for promotions. Unless the higher ups genuinely like you , you will not be moving forward with the company. A lot of managers are hired as managers, thus not giving much opportunity for people to work their way up. There are “pay caps” there are limits to how much you can be paid in your position. You may want a raise, you may be given more responsibilities but you will most likely not be given a pay raise.

Sales Associate

Mainly on the register. Each day you have a list of tasks to complete that you share with other people on the shift. Really easy to learn. First, you have to go through two 4-hour days on the computer watching lessons and regulations.

Great place to grow a career

First job out of college. I really learned a lot about running a business with this company. They have given me the opportunity to take on many challenge roles which has helped with my career development.

Common questions about 7-Eleven

Answered by current and former employees at 7-Eleven

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 7-Eleven.
Powered byComparably