7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Found 6,638 reviews matching the search See all 9,470 reviews
Great!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVMarch 20, 2019
Great company! I was able to move up within the company and have a great career. Allow me paycheck to take care my responsibility and live comfortable.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No breaks
Personal Experience varies largely on manager.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 20, 2019
I worked for the company for four years, in multiple stores as an assistant store manager. Experiences vary from store to store. The job itself is fairly easy, simple repetitive tasks. The problem is poor management, very unprofessional and corporate doesn’t seem to care. Employees are often expected to do the work of three people while others do nothing. Management makes empty promises of advancement with no follow through. The company Itself is so large they truly do not care about any single employee, and job security is a joke. Their goal is to franchise all stores, leaving corporate employees jobless with usually less than 2 weeks notice. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Weekly direct deposit
Cons
No breaks, high stress, unfair treatment
Working with others as a team is effort
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIMarch 20, 2019
Working with is that will be as a team get things done the right way and everything done that is supposed will make everyone’s job a lot easier. Everyone to have communication
Pros
Get good skills on Communication
Cons
Nothing at all
Was fun to meet new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castle Shannon, PAMarch 20, 2019
Very busy gas station located on a busy intersection. Some days I had 100's of customers. Most times worked alone and never got breaks.Most customers were pleasant but there were a few who could be extremely rude and difficult. This job required more patience than any other
Poor managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCMarch 20, 2019
Stressful with making coffee and keeping up roller grill items. Truckers would come in and empty coffee urns with one cup and then you would have to go to a whole separate register system to ring them up for their gas. Drawers were constantly short at the end of shifts but no one knew why. Management was a mess and ended up getting fired right after I quit. Truckers were rude and vulgar towards women.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
no breaks
Productive a fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 20, 2019
Not a bad place to work not enough pay or hours no real advancement the pay is just bad down side is that u might have to work alone or pulling a double at the last minute
Pros
They will work with you on your schedule
Cons
No breaks unless you have another person with you
Love my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 19, 2019
Absolutely love the 7-eleven brand , and I love working for the company . Works with my family life. All around great crew to work with. I would refer more people to work here.
You’re never bored.
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 19, 2019
Working at 711 for almost 2 years was a great experience in retail. You catch on quick it’s not rocket science. It’s really easy money but you do start off at minimum.
Politics are critical career engagement for this company
Senior Real Estate Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2019
If you are tired of bureaucracy and politics, do not apply here. The redtape is thick and there is a lot of it. In every position, expect to put out fires with little reward.
Bad over all
Over-night sales associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 19, 2019
7-11 is not bad, the problem comes when you have store owners who are to mindless to realize they are breaking their own company and not taking care of their employees. They never gave us breaks and forced my shift to do almost all the work. I was suspended for a week for standing up for myself and ended up quitting because I'm not going to be forced to continue working for nothing.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
No benifits, lacking managment, not safe at all.
Great company
WHOLESALE FUEL DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2019
Amazing company. Till they gave our department to kenan. Business move understood. I wanted to retire with this company. Great working environment. Best benefits.
Pros
Cons
Notjing.
7-Eleven
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMarch 18, 2019
Being at 711 for a total of seven years, i had become a routine morning shift person. I was up at five am and my shift started at 6 am. This was my first job, I started in high school with shifts after school. I really learned a lot. I learned great customer service, and to instinctively say hello when I heard the front door chime. I learned about counting and placing orders for inventory, how to handle customer, and a lot of basic cleanliness for convenience stores. I had the same manager as well as the owner for my total time there. I hit a rough patch after a couple years in and my boss woke me up telling me maybe it was time to look elsewhere, I never did and stayed there for many years after. Hardest part of the job was having great customer service early in the morning, however I did have people asking me how I was so cheery at 6:30am. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the regular customers and knowing them by name. I met a lot of beneficial people there as customers and I see them and they still know me to this day.
Pros
great starter job
Cons
no breaks, no real advancement opportunities
What you put in is what you get out.
Field Consultant / Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2019
7-Eleven is a decent company to work for. If you work hard and care about your job you will be successful and fulfilled. The pay is good not the best in the industry but fair. Upper management talks the talk but does not always walk the walk. Like any big company they try and stay on point but sometimes the true emphasis and where the focus should be gets lost. Although US based operationally this is a Japanese owned company and US management answers to Japan.
An okay workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMarch 18, 2019
The place shut down so it wasn't great. I have nothing else to say really the place was okay until it was sold to a franchise and then it went to garbage and the guy would only hire ethnic people.
Here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 18, 2019
7/11 was a good company to work for it was a easy job customer service was great only problem I had was the management that I worked for she didn’t like me
Just like to get the job done.
Casheir (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2019
I would like a job with good down to earth workers, that work as a team on helping each other. I know there will be good days, and bad one's as well..
Can be interesting, corporate struture is lacking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 17, 2019
Daily interactions are great, bit corporate seems grossly disconnected with the needs of individual stores, much less individual employees. Sales targets are unachievable for some stores, and laughably simple for others. Thinking outsode the box to accomplish goals is not encouraged, but rather following all procedures properly. Not entirely a bad thing, but worth mentioning.
Pros
Free drinks while working
Cons
Company will do whatever it takes to keep you as close to minimum wage as possible.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAMarch 17, 2019
Loved this job. Loved the owners. I loved the location. Meet interesting people, locals are great awesome community. If you find yourself in Santa Cruz I recommend you stop by 7/11 (Laurel Street) for awesome customer service, a clean well stocked store. And just a friendly face.
Pros
Free food, best people i ever worked for, great location
it pays the bills kinda
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crestline, CAMarch 17, 2019
hours sometimes ran long, depending on what the shift before you actually accomplished the night could go well or very bad, and id have to ply catch up all night wile dealing with customers.
easy a.nd quick
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 17, 2019
it was fun easy learning experiance meet alot of people but not a job for lifetime career i got fired for the sting program i sold ciggerettes to a minor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
42.8K
32.5K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight