7-Eleven Employee Reviews

32.1K
Found 5,616 reviews matching the search See all 7,992 reviews
It was a good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, FLJuly 19, 2018
7-Eleven was a great first job for me I worked a great with my schedule with me having two kids the manager and owner was very understanding it taught me teamwork and also Independence.
tough job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAJuly 19, 2018
all hard working all day. always on call and supports the team,
no set schedule, issues with cash lottery everyday, pressure from FC and employees issues.
It was my 1st long term Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 18, 2018
You learn what you put into this job , it was a great opportunity I feel it challeneged me ohysically and emotionally, but thanks to this company I am sure I can work at any same level job or a management care within the retail,logistics, customer service and food field.
Pros
Free food, flexible hours
Cons
Raises, promotion, time off
good job experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2018
oportunity of provide customer service and lern about cash retail
demanding
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 18, 2018
often the job is very demanding, allot to get done, only you in the store and you always have customers. either servicing the store or customers you are always busy
I liked working there because you meet new people all the time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAJuly 18, 2018
I best part of the job was that you meet new people everyday. Also, a lot of the times the same customers would come in. That was the best part of the job.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Need to two people during the busy days
having to order something everyday
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
Its been over 5 years since I worked for this company, I did not like the bad management which was left over from previously acquired company. Thanks.
Say NO to franchises
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud Manor, FLJuly 18, 2018
Franchise owners have only one intention and that is to hire the cheapest labor possible. They strive on not paying any benefits in order to fatten their own pockets.
No real advancement
Sales Associate & Night Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2018
No where to go but where you are. Advancement opportunities were not there. If you wanted to continue your education it proved difficult. Managers were alright however, I wanted and have furthered my career since working there.
I loved working here
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJuly 18, 2018
Its a fasted paced environment and there was always something to keep me busy. I enjoyed working with customers and the location of my store was in a busy location.
It was an okay work place but employees leave other employees by them selves and managers don’t want to cover shift like they suppose to
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2018
I did not like working for 7-eleven it’s a good job for a college student or just graduating it’s not a career and I’m looking for a career that’s paying well I have great work ethics so any job I get I will give it 1000%
Not bad
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2018
Not a bad place to work, however there are always rumors about layoffs and there is a high turnover rate. Was lied right to my face about needing a special certification to become manager, but then the person they hired for that position did not have that certification, and I had more experience.
Would not go back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WAJuly 17, 2018
I would not go back to working at that 7 eleven the manager was very rude and he didn't like working with females. The manager also like to put money into his pocket and then tell the owner that the female employee was the one who stole the money. Not a good place to work at.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 17, 2018
I love working at 711 most of the time I just don't like when they don't give you breaks and when the next shift is late but other then that my owners are nice
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks
normal convenience store cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 17, 2018
Great manager and good hours during the day. Can be fast or slow paced depending on the day and time. Fun job though there isn't really a culture. Show up for work and do your job and then go home. Customers are always great and the job keeps you busy and time passes fast.
Pros
Interesting days
Cons
low pay
If you want a good starting point in the work force, this is the one (with thick skin of course)
Night Shift Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 17, 2018
Since I only did part-time graveyard, it was only a matter of tending to the customers while preparing for the morning shift crew.

You can do overtime whenever you want as long as it's only for a few ours after your clock-out time, which is great if you're looking to gain more experience and extra cash. Just make sure not to let anyone take advantage of you for that as the other associates see you as extra help.

The co-workers are a bit of a wildcard, then again I could say the same thing with everyone I worked for since my since my first job.

From my perspective being the manager for 7/11 is like trying to tend a jungle garden with rapidly growing vines latching at prized rose bushes. They have to be at their upmost quality of costumer service as the regular SAs while making sure the store itself is presentable at all cost, and if things were to go slightly bad (i.e. choirs, stocks, register), they will watch over you to make sure you're doing your job right.

Overall, It's a pretty relaxed environment, but it all depends on the Environment.
Work Life
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2018
For this employer it depends on the Manager that is assigned and the morale and vibe of the employees that work there. I was here for years and was promoted twice. I had a good experience there; but that was because my manager was very flexible with me while I was pregnant. It is not a bad place to work if everyone takes their job seriously!
Cons
Do not offer free lunch
Very busy place
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Kitty Hawk, NCJuly 17, 2018
All in all...its a great place to work...kitty hawk store is a franchise...so doesn't offer many benefits ..it is a very busy store so the time does go by very fast 6am-2pm
Coworkers a joy
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2018
Close day and open day, cook, keep coffee flowing, stock, order, greet customers. Help where needed. My coworkers are a joy to work with we laugh, best part is our customers, we have a great group of people who come in everyday what a joy.
Pros
coworkers and customers
Cons
a livable wage
Working for 711 was a new experience.
Senior Sale Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJuly 17, 2018
Working at 711 I was responsible for cleaning store on an hourly basis as well balancing a cash drawer. I learned a lot of new techniques for customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight