7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Found 5,918 reviews matching the search See all 8,426 reviews
7'11 is a good company to work for, i would again.
Customer Service/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working at 7'11 in Naples, my boss was great, I would have definitely stayed, there was room to move up within the co. unfortunately I had to come back to utah because of family, my daughter needed me.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparta, NJSeptember 21, 2018
I learned a lot while working there, many advancement opportunities, great staff and Manager. Fast paced environment, hands on experience, great learning environment.
It was ok.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CASeptember 20, 2018
It was fine for what you'd expect from a convenience store. It is a lot of different relatively easy tasks to deal with, but not too bad if you're willing to work.
Pros
Free Drinks
good for experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VASeptember 20, 2018
It's a good starting job for non-experience employee , most likely you will learn alot with management/communication skills/customer service/ lot of stuff.
I enjoyed working with that company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed very much working for that company. I learned a lot about customer service money handling Lottery money orders deposits as well as checking in vendors
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Little to no brakes
Decent work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2018
I worked at 7eleven for 6 years, through corporate and franchisee. It's not a bad place as long as you're self sufficient and motivated. Corporate does have some good growth.
Warm and friendly place to be.
CUSROMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  PRINEVILLE OREGONSeptember 20, 2018
Sho w up and go immediatly to work because the person ahead of me was usually backed up. Then its just a game of can you keep up. Myself and my co worker worked well together and made money for the company
Pros
My co workers
Cons
The lack of structure
Fun workplace that's not too fast paced.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 20, 2018
7-Eleven has a fun work environment and you do develop skills that will help you with future jobs, such as how to count registers, how to order inventory and micro manage the store.
Pros
Flexible breaks, free fountain drinks/expired food
Cons
Graveyard shifts
Hard
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 19, 2018
this Was a really hard place to work but they try to care a little but not at all. I believe, you should keep a little of the corporate in the franchise.
Fast-paced stressful environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sussex, WISeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work is full of customers both nice and otherwise, vendors, business reps, and all manner of repairmen, along with all of the regular duties you might expect. Management is always a mixed bag, here I've found that while not all managers see eye to eye with their employees it takes a good manager to try for common ground. The hardest part of the job is the customers for sure, but the most enjoyable part of the job can also be the customers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No breaks unless there's no customers
not the best place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work consist of cleaning, stocking, venders, and customer to work with. The only management there was the boss who has four other businesses. The hardest part of the job was the risk of being robbed or being shot during the graveyard shift, however it was nice to meet a few of the patrons.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
risk of life
7Eleven
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I was at 7eleven for almost 5 years and working there I felt like opportunities there was hard to achieve. I believe if I had a vehicle it would have been different because I would have been able to be an assistant manager.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working there.loved meeting people.the owner was a nice Man and would work with you.learned the cash register there.was alot harder back then.
Pros
Slow steady pace
Cons
Midnight shift
Ok place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Security is an issue. Open 24/7 be a problem. Overall job was easy. Customers at times could be a problem. I didn't like having to call someone in to work overnight when person scheduled called off.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at 7 Eleven would be cashing out customers, preparing food, stocking cups and lids, stocking the cooler and lottery. I learned the lottery machine a lot better and time management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with the customers and working with the employees.
Loved it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CASeptember 19, 2018
Loved where I worked just couldn't afford my own place in lake tahoe..u had to kick urself into gear, work the cooler very fast paced..so u have to be on your toes at all times..in mourning u would have to bake cookies so it smelled nice all day long
Pros
Loved customers and coworker
Cons
Cost of liveing
Fastpaced and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 18, 2018
I've been with the company for a few years, and I love it! I've met people from all over the world, and a few celebrity's also! I have enjoyed being a cashier
Pros
free food
Cons
Rude customers
Cashier at 7-Eleven
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work was relaxed for the most part but the management didn't care about their employees. The hardest part was satisfying customers, and the best part of the job was working alone.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Had to deal with homeless and drunks
Good Company
CEO of Diversified Maintenance Concepts (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 18, 2018
Good company to work for. Cares about their employees as well as takes good care of their customers. Always fair and has great customer service. Good company to work for
Productive and fun workplace helping and asssisting customers always.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 18, 2018
Productive and fun workplace helping and assisting customers all the time. Fast paced worked area for customers convenience. Learning and gaining experienced for advancements. Cleaning skills, and good to people not only co-workers but as well as customers.
Pros
Bonus, free lunch by management
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight