7-Eleven Pay & Benefits reviews

32.2K
Found 1,634 reviews matching the search See all 8,418 reviews
It was ok.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CASeptember 20, 2018
It was fine for what you'd expect from a convenience store. It is a lot of different relatively easy tasks to deal with, but not too bad if you're willing to work.
Pros
Free Drinks
Just temporary and not a career choice.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDSeptember 16, 2018
The store has new owners that have no clue of what they are doing. You try to assist and explain how things are done and why and you get ignored. This is not a career choice.
Pros
My days and hours stayed the same.
Cons
Poor management, no raises, no benefits, no advancement.
Working hours is unpredictable, ii somebody called out manager will be the one to fill in
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 16, 2018
As a manager, franchisee offer no overtime, no holidays,no vacation fee,no sick fee,no 401k, no bonus, no gas allowance and no benefits like insurances
Cons
No breaks, no discounts
Good Workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CASeptember 15, 2018
Other employees were overall nice people. The managers were great. The place has a nice environment. The pay is not the best. Minimum wage with no benefits.
fun place , good teamwork .
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 15, 2018
well working there is actually not bad , management was somehow good , teamwork was awesome , easy way of payment no matter the fact that there is no overtime . salary is competitive .
where work
Marketing and Category Analytics Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
company motto is: do more with less. Constantly reducing headcount and putting more pressure on the employees remaining to pick up the work. There has been no increase in salaries either over the last two years. There is no career planning, training, benefits are terrible, or focus on a respectful culture.
Working for 7 eleven is a good job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MASeptember 12, 2018
7 eleven is a good place to be working in the coustemers are good and management is great. I enjoy surving coustemers and seeing them smile.my favorite part about working at 7 eleven was the keno players.
Cons
Short breaks
UC Santa Cruz is the largest block of customers; it was all good!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 11, 2018
My experience with the 7-11 in Santa Cruz was above average. The location of one of the stores dictated I be "bad cop" to the homeless and street population; the UCSC store was a vacation with a pay check! Management was receptive and responsive; they were quite fair. I would work for them again.
Pros
Great management
Cons
not enough hours; no chance of advancement.
Its a good place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, COSeptember 10, 2018
The store I work at is franchise not cooperate so they dont offer benefits or compensation for maternity or paid vacation. It's not a place I want to work for anymore I want something better for myself and my family.
Enjoyed working here.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJSeptember 9, 2018
When I came in the morning I relieved the overnight employee. started to take care of customers and did my daily ordering in between them. Once they were completed I did the back end paperwork to verify cash and lottery.

I learned how to manage time in an orderly fashion to get things done when they needed to be. Maintain fresh products and coffee to keep customers coming back.

Management was great to work with. I was the only manager for the store besides the owners.

The culture was good. Very well rounded.

The hardest part of the job was when the owners went back to there country for a few months I was running the store by myself with 4 other employees one with me, 2 on the second shift and 1 overnight. If there was a problem I had to go back in and correct it regardless of the time. I did not have an issue with it, with everything I had to do the pay was low. They would not give me a raise.

The enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making customers happy.
Pros
meeting new people. learning more management duties
Cons
no breaks were allowed.
A very hard place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 8, 2018
Management was very nice people to work for employees was nice people to work with .It was not a safe work environment.But for the most part good hours in good benefits
Good
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2018
Good to work here for me is easy I like it .have the hours that a need and day off perfect I recommend this gob for other people .I just like it good management.
Pros
Free lunch
A typical day does not really exist, meaning it's always something in a 24 hour job.as a store manager you are always on call you need to be able towo
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 4, 2018
As I said above must be able to change plans at the drop of a hat help does not always show up you need to be good at scheduling your help and to know their abilities. I always find it is good to build a team, you truly are only a good as your weakest link.
alot of playing around
2nd Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 4, 2018
customer is some employees last thought. Very hard to manage. Sometimes I felt like a babysitter. Very hard to get raises, A lot of complaining and blaming from one shift to the other.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Fast-paced work place
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2018
In downtown DC, the job requires you to not only be on your feet at all times but also on your toes. A workplace that keeps you active and alert. This benefits you when you come across an environment that demands a lot from you while also showing great customer service.
Pros
Discounted foods, flexible work hours
Cons
Downtown DC traffic
Stressful / Inconsistant employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 1, 2018
The job itself I enjoyed. But due to the low pay scale that 7-Eleven offers staff, it made it very hard to keep or to hire good and honest people.

The pay grade really needs to be looked at for staff which would help to have less staff turnover.
Pros
Great management pay
Cons
Work too many hours; work for those who call out. Interferes with home life.
It was just a job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oak Forest, ILAugust 31, 2018
It's just a job to help you out if in need of some money, doesn't offer much and I didn't expect much from it. Didn't take much away from this job other than I want to better myself and not work for minimal wage.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Nothing to gain
the most enjoyable part of working at 7-eleven
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 31, 2018
the most enjoyable part of working at 7-eleven was getting to see and try all the new flavors before customers. and how i got to change the gas price signs on our outside board.
Lack of good employees
Crew (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 30, 2018
Jobs not bad just low pay n lack of good employees plus no benefits along with only free drinks also the lack of employees hard to do your job by yourself when you need at least two people minimum
711 is a great place to start working
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, MIAugust 29, 2018
711 is an amazing place to work if you are trying to get a job that does not involve any schooling or skills to have. the management is great and will work with you if you have a difficult schedule and will work around your school schedule and if you other jobs as well. the employees are very kind and will help you learn how to do the specific tasks needed for the store.
Pros
coworkers are great, management is great, flexible schedule
Cons
no long term planning, no 401k, no benefits to really speak of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight