7-Eleven Employee Reviews

52.1K
42.3K
32K
Found 5,339 reviews matching the search See all 7,531 reviews
If you like Mundane jobs...
Team Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stallings, NCMay 29, 2018
Working for 7-Eleven is pretty straight forward. I took some online courses on how to work the store and got straight to work. It's the same thing every day (selling lottery tickets and cigarettes) but it's relaxing knowing that once you have your job down pack you pretty much can run it all on your own. The most annoying part of the job is making sure to keep others off your register and making sure your drawer stays at the correct amount.
What I learned
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAMay 29, 2018
I started working for 7-Eleven when I was really young due to the fact that my dad owned a store. At a young age, I was able to learn how a business should to be run. Communicating with customers every day made me break out of my shell; generating conversations with customers who became like family throughout the years. I've noticed that the reason why our loyal kept coming back was because we were always so genuine. We made sure the coffee was fresh, made specific orders to fit the needs of our customers, made sure the store was clean, and always welcomed them with a smile. Gaining experiences from a job, not only evolves your skillset, but your personality as well.
Pros
building customer relationships
Cons
individuality as a store
If your looking for long term or full time this might not be for you. This is good if you want something part time , or if your a student .
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  590 E Fordham Rd Bronx, NYMay 29, 2018
While working at 7 eleven as the "new person" you stuck with others co workers unfinished worked. They solely only care about the people thats been working there and the ones of the same ethnic background. I don't know whats worse working for corporate or working for someone who's owns their own store. Hardest part of the job was trying to catch all the thieves thats walked in while taking care of your job and the jobs of others.
Pros
discounted foods and free beverages
Cons
no lunch break, just short 10 minute grace periods from time to time .
Work together
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDMay 29, 2018
I like how we work there that’s perfect and I like it the manager and the employees we are all family that’s good for me to learn other things I like
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 28, 2018
Good job learned a lot with the position I worked on. Glad to be able to see the younger generation come into the company and be able to work and grow within the company as I did.
Wouldn't Return
Cashier or Checker Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2018
Bad working experience. i wouldn't return back their. They train you for a day and then they expect everything else to become natural to you. They are unprofessional and it was over all a bad place to work.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 28, 2018
A typical day of work starts by requiring me to mop the store, make all the coffee and be a slave to management. Then cook food, deal with ungrateful customers (not all customers) and lotto. Then have to clean any spills, stock the vault and make fresh coffee. Then clean every shelf in the store and clean anything else such as the cool air fridge and inside any machines such as the cappuccino machine or fix the slurpee machine. Not worth thirteen dollars in new york city and no lunch break. Def would not recommend. The only single enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers and building a relationship with them. The hardest part of the job is seeing other employees not work as hard as you and seeing everyone get paid the same wage.
Fast pace
Casher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, CAMay 27, 2018
Is good for fast pace n flexibility 24 /7 open and must have customer service skill and patience . cooked hot food know deliverys n how to place orders for store n communicate with vendors and accounts pay outs
Its a great place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 27, 2018
Its a great place to start your professional career. It gives knowledge about customer service. It teaches how to do multiple tasks at the same time .
Interesting
Assistant Manager/Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2018
Again you get all different type of people but more on over night you get the crazies some regular people but no matter what theu are still customer and treat them well.
productive
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 26, 2018
Come into work immediately start with deliveries of product while taking care of customers, preparing hot food, making sure everything is good with registers, taking several orders that would last atleast three hours to complete while continuing to take care of customers, stocking shelves from deliveries, and stocking cooler and answereing phone.
Also cleaning (deep) for inspections.
Corporate would come in once a week and go through cleaning process inside and out of store.
There was only one person on each shift to handle everything it would get very hectict we also got coffee ready for customers and make sure all condiments were stocked.
I would also have to make runs to bank for deposits and to get any change that was needed if safe wasn't full.
Also have to deal with slot machines and any jackpots that had to be paid out.
All my customers loved me.
I would work any and all shifts 7-3,3-11,11-7,and 4am-12pm

I was very loyal and dedicated to my job and i loved my customers.
And take trash out at the end of shift
Pros
I loved the customers and my job
Cons
in 10 years never recieved a raise
Working at 7/11
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYMay 26, 2018
I've worked for the company since it was Wilson Farms in my area. I loved it then so did most of our regulars. 7/11 is a good company room for advancement, benefits if you utilize them. My only thing is thry expect so much of the basic level cashier maybe its just my location and the manager
Fun place to work
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 25, 2018
I loved working for 7-11 due to the products like new items that I always bought and tasted and was able to tell the customers how the item tasted. I got fat eating everyhting that 7-011 got in.Off course I paid for everything but I would have stayed with 7-11 but I worked in a scary eniroment sometimes at the night shift.
Work you until you break
Field Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 25, 2018
Company needs to get with the times. 80+ work weeks aren't enough. Training is rushed. Expect to do more with less. Not an equal opportunity company, against their statements.
Didnt really work there long
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2018
My background is an issue for me so I didn't there long but the time I did work there I really loved going to work so that's always a good thingS yes I would recommend 711 to sum one looking for a part-time in customer service or sales associate
Terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, COMay 24, 2018
I could not be more confused, stressed, and scared for my own safety. The store I applied and was hired at seemed to not care about any sort of training. They put me in the charge the first day... Never again.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
TERRIBLE Management
7 eleven
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2018
good cowowrkwers like my customers they make my day at work and i try to make them laugh and feel relax at the 7eleven. easy job, easy to learn and good work.
Pros
7 eleven
Cons
no breaks
I work overnight at 7-Eleven
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 24, 2018
7-Eleven was a great job for me I was a young kid I worked overnight it was real perfect for me it was convenient I met new people funny people mean people good people so all around I met a lot of people it was very nice for me I am a very people person
The greatness of this job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMay 24, 2018
Working for this company was very rewarding and I'd work there again if given the chance and had the opportunity. I learned valuable management skills, problem solving skills, and how to better interact with customers. However, I can't support the management and their lack of responsibility and respect to their store and to their employees. I also feel they should have drug tested in order to qualify for any job at this company.
Not recomended
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lee County, FLMay 24, 2018
If you want to work somewhere that allows managers to play favorites, holds your equals to different standards allowing some to do all the work and others sit and play on the phone their entire shift, have the lowest hourly pay rate for a convenience store employee, receive bullying from your customers and more often from your managers and co workers, be forced to work sick despite company policy, or take direction from managers not properly trained. 7-eleven is the place for you!
Pros
Cons
Listed in my review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight