Great place to work and develope a career in construction sales and management.
Contractor Sales Representative (Former Employee) – Charlotte Hall, MD – July 11, 2018
• Responsible to serve as 84 Lumber’s first point of contact with numerous private and commercial construction contractors. Provides various construction trades with capable and proficient assistance on project material requirements, while establishing and maintaining cohesive customer relations.
• Works closely with the customer, ensuring customer requirements are clearly understood. Performs blueprint takeoffs for accurate estimation of material requirements and quantities required for all contractor construction projects, from start to finish, without delay or shortages.
• Conducts face-to-face consultations and meeting with customers, both at the 84 Lumber facility and in the field at diverse construction sites, in order to gain comprehensive insight into customer requirements. Superior communication skills enable cohesive relationships.
• Constantly explores new business ventures throughout the extended Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia communities, always on the lookout for potential customers to expand 84 Lumber’s private and commercial customer base.
• Rapidly advanced from entry position of Manager Trainee to Contractor Sales Representative after completing a company mandated intense self-study course. The course encompassed the full scope of the construction industry, completing the course with a 99% grade.
• Effective customer relations, approachable personality, and proactive leadership style consistently produces customer satisfaction and positive customer feedback.