8x8 Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun workplace
Data Science Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 17, 2018
The company was fairly good and It helped me improve my business as well as data skills. The people were very nice. I had to relocate else I would not have left this company.
Fantastic company for advancement
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
8x8 offers a great mix of growth and stability. Real award-winning international products and services today. Amazing global expansion and innovation tomorrow. Plus, a vibrant, friendly corporate culture—and the chance to make a difference, with my unique talents.
Pros
Cutting edge global network
Cons
job burn out if you don't self manage your time commitment
Great Experience
Tier 1 Chat Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 22, 2018
Love that the company took the time to teach what they wanted their customers to experience. They had a training class to give steps on how to resolve the issues that the customer would experience. The floor plan with the staff was open which made with easy to ask questions. The people that the company hired worked well with each other and were willing to work and teach one another. I felt like the people I worked with were always willing to help their team win. The most enjoyable part of my job, is I got to find some great long time friends.
People are nice, Tech is trash.
Tier II Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 13, 2018
I did not agree with my supervisor most of the time. He was not technical so there was a lot lost in translation.The employees are really helpful. Steer clear.
Sales Engineer (Senior) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 12, 2018
I loved working at 8x8. It is in cloud-based telecom service space...THE place to be in the telecom industry. I was given excellent resources to be able to conduct business efficiently.
Pros
Remote workers
Cons
Management changes frequently
Great people
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 29, 2018
8x8 is a great place to work. A very collaborative place with great people always willing to help. It is company that has grown for a small company focusing on smaller customer that has been very successful in attracting larger accounts. Now as the demands of the customers have become more apparent, its lack of processes are posing potential problems and if not addressed quickly will lead to the loss of those new customers.
Pros
great people, access to executive leadership, collaborative environment
Cons
Poor processes, QA process, employees are not always accountable, pride of group and personal ownership
Boiler room
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2018
Hire 10, hope 2 stick, churn and burn. Newbies are at disadvantage as few leads they have get distributed .........evenly (cough cough) Answer the phone and pray it is more than a single user
Great people and a friendly environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time at 8x8. I was there near the beginning and saw it grow over time. We had many changes, both technical and administrative but there was a lot of support available.
Pros
free lunch Wednesdays Great colleagues!
Cons
Stressful at the end of the month.
fun productive work place
Training Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 28, 2017
I really enjoy working here. Great people and very dedicated to the job. Great benefits as well. Very flexible hours if you need it. i would recommend working in the training department.
Great Products
Deployment Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 1, 2017
great products, great ideas. Products not that well integrated. Management was a bit odd, not very modern, very much into all sorts of harassment. It will probably improve.
Management needs a change
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 29, 2017
Dog eat dog atmosphere. Some management will pin the blame on employees for their failures. Visa holders worked many hours with no incentives. If you speak up you will be ostracized. Some department heads are bosses and not leaders. Seen very good employees leave because of this.
Pros
Free lunches. CEO is trying to change the culture.
Cons
No real chance of advancement. They hire from the outside mainly.
Stressful
Support (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 20, 2017
Management cannot help their team. If anything is escalated to them, they will send it back and tell you to do something else with it, instead of helping you resolve the issue.
It was fine
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2017
I worked at 8x8 for a few years. It was your typical large company. It was sales driven and require a lot of time and effort. The management was intended on getting the results they wanted in whatever way they could.
productive environment
Lead Generation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 22, 2017
Very nice place to work and the environment is friendly. My role was being a gatekeeper and screener for customers and prospects. My manager would give me an agenda on everyday basis and tend to do check ins with me on a consistent time frame.
ups and downs
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 14, 2017
Good place to work as far as SaaS. Remote employees rarely see each other so Remote based teams are sometimes unevenly trained and supported. Managers are often added with no value.
Pros
Good team culture
Cons
Poor communication with Remote Employees
Na
Advance Technical Sale Support (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 14, 2017
Salary is below the market

Lack of communication between Support team and Sale team

No training on the products

No communication from upper management
Productive and fun work place
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 7, 2017
It was very profession work place, it was always communication between the employees and management.
Training course were offer to help with work flow.
Pros
Fee lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Allot of potential for the company
Advanced Technical Support (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 3, 2017
Management is terrible, but work environment is good. The company has very good benefits for the employees, if you have been with the company for a while then you should be ok, otherwise very difficult.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Terrible management
When I worked here it was fun but I've heard it's changed
Channel Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 20, 2017
There used to be great people that worked at 8x8, but I have heard that many people have left due to the executive teams inability to keep up with the times.
Pros
Kaiser insurance, Espp
Cons
Location far from everything
8x8 wasnt for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 2, 2017
while working here took around 50 calls a day for a client for VOIP phones. had to fix phone systems for companys that had the services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 8x8. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 8x8.

Powered by Comparably