99 Cents Only Store Employee Reviews

Found 1,265 reviews matching the search See all 1,269 reviews
Work standards
Front End Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hiway 249 and bammel..Houston txAugust 14, 2018
Each stores has standards to go by but most aren't ran the 99cent way. Most are ran the way the manager want it to be ran. We have learning programs we are supposed to complete but the assistant manager completed the test for everyone. Not many follow the schedule. Most come in when they want and leave when they want. There is no structure
Pros
Cons
Lousy place to work...wages are low raises are small way below what shpuldbe paid
Great
Receiving manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 14, 2018
Cistomer service skills, recieving intake inventory manually and electronically.stocked shelves daily and trained new employees.set up interviews.dealt with all truck load intakes.
Fun, fast paced and friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZAugust 10, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company, and if they had a better rehire policy I would re-apply for my position back. The management was helpful and encouraged a good job performance. I was a Cashier and learned how to operate a cash register and become very efficient at Customer Service.
Pros
10% discount on all employee purchases
Cons
2 15 minutes short breaks, and a 30 minute lunch
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 9, 2018
Native Level Spanish Speaker
Knowledge: Microsoft office.
Office Equipment: Photocopy machine, fax machine,
Ability to learn new things and experience in inserting connectors and putting fiberglass
Awesome, fast paced, energic
Cashier / stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
This was my very first job. The store was just opening. I was a cashier and a stocker. I worked and went to school so i was just part time but they took care of me.
fast-paced wok environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at work was going in at 4:00 pm and starting to stock the refrigerator and freezer.,collect carts and make cardboard bails.Unloading the freight truck
Pros
weekly paycheck
Cons
not enough pay
Much work needed
Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAAugust 8, 2018
The people that work for this company are great. As far as the leadership a lot has changed in regard to taking care of their employees. From Health benefits being changed to people being put out of a job it was no longer a joyous atmosphere.
bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CAAugust 8, 2018
i dint like that there was poor management
they want the job to be done fast and they dont care about their employees. i wS WORKING THERE FOR 7 YEARS AND THEY DINT VALUE THEIR WORKERS NO JOB ADVANCEMENT
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no advancement poor management a lot of stress
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at the 99 cents store for me would be to clock in and go to the front to see where I will be for the day. I may be on the register, stocking, or fetching baskets.
I have learned how to ring up customers, along with using a code to ring up fruits and vegetables. Also I have learned how to stock and front-faced the aisles to be presentable for the customers. There is really no hard parts of the job, I’m eager to learn new things.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I interact with on a daily basis.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Amusing
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Ventura Ca.August 8, 2018
Hey what can I say it was the 99 cent store, fun times and not so fun times. Depending on the management at the time (company likes to move managers around, to different locations) it can be a real cool place to work.
A productive fun place to work at.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atwater, CAAugust 7, 2018
99 Cent stores is like home. A great place to work, friendly employees. Great deals. 99 Cent only stores has everything you can think of, whether it you're an employee of a customer.
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2018
its a great store to work at in riverside ca. They care about there employees and are also very flexible with time schedule. Very big location and clean.
Long time ago
cashier/backup head cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2018
I worked here when I was a teenager, I have always worked with amazing people. Do to that I did enjoy this job as long as I could. At the time it did not pay well, but times have changed and I hope so did their pay rate.
It was stressfull
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2018
Over all had a good experience working here over the years but left due to me havong a son. My husband asked me to leave so that i could take care of our son myself.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stress
Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2018
It’s an okay work place if you stay with your parents and you pay no bills this is the best job to have other then that you can’t live off of 8 dollars an hour
Poor management
Produce Stocker (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAAugust 3, 2018
Poor management workers deserve better pay I would not recommend working at the 99 cents only stores not a good pay for the labor they make you do not worth it
Great
Stalker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2018
It wasn’t my best experience working but it wasn’t that bad either. One of my first jobs and they did ask for a lot which didn’t equal the pay. Management was okay not too controlling
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Pay
Fun and relaxed
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2018
Working for the 99 Cents Only store is a privilege. Everyone is doing well on their positions. Workers are easily to work with, The management lately is getting a bit unfair when it comes to giving hours, but in general the workplace is steady and under the pressure.
Pros
Long breaks, discounted prices
Very Productive
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJuly 28, 2018
Working in this company was the most enjoyable even though it was fast paced and always busy. A regular day here is basically clocking in and hopping onto a resister and start checking people out. The location of the store always brings in a lot of customers so we cashier have to be able to move fast and as well bag the customers items. Once the Company decided to create a new position of having someone stand at the door to check receipts. I was the only one to do this position due to having experience in this field. So I would be switched around on and off the register and the door.
Pros
Awesome communication with Management
Its definitely not a job you want for the rest of your life.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 27, 2018
This is great for your first job maybe but eventually you're going to want something better. Sometimes the hours are not great and pay is alright. Management can be hard to work with at times but if you're cool with them and you do your job the way you're supposed to then you'll be fine. They're really bad a training people and making sure everyone does their job though, so good luck.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
poor management, cut hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 99 Cents Only Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

44out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at 99 Cents Only Store.

Powered by Comparably