99 Cents Only Store Employee Reviews

Poor job
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 17, 2018
Good coworkers, but the location was very unpredictable and more was expected of workers than possible. There were never any repairs to anything and we dealt with a lot of stealing with no one doing anything about it. One thing I did like, though was that it was very relaxed.
fun fast pace
intern store manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 16, 2018
always a great place to work have fun time goes by fast the store manager is a delight to work for .everyone got along just fine and dm store managers and cashier always said good morning how are you if we need help all we had to do was as and we would get it
Pros
yes the store manager bought us lunch sometimes
Cons
health care, 401 k, dental
store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 14, 2018
its good place to start of with customer service. You start building your skills, your skills to talk to customers. You learn how to multitask, keeping your area clean. alertness you meet many different people.
Pros
calm place to work
Cons
security
Good hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 14, 2018
Very busy and fast paced. Always something to do which made the day go by fast. The work was easy just demanding. Management was questionable sometimes, there were favorites and sometimes unfair. You would get good hours but flexibility was limited if you had any other obligations.
nice co-workers
Front shift manager. (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 13, 2018
the work in the 99 stores only, it is very interesting, I learned many things, and I appreciate the opportunity to learn, it is a company that manages a wide clientele, the co-workers, all work with good attitude, and are very coordinated. in general a good opportunity, to learn more about the treatment of the client.
Pros
many things to learn
unstable position,
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAOctober 11, 2018
Poor management company, as is 99c same as your earnings. No organization, you live alone in the store, no people to recovery never the store when they pushing you to cut labor. Sad.
Pros
Nothing flexible.
Cons
Is like your taken care your own store without help
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CAOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working here because all the employees and managers were very nice and understanding about things. They helped me with anything. They taught me everything I needed to know and did anything they can in their power to help me.
productive
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Paramount, CAOctober 10, 2018
Once the 99 Cent Store truck arrives I unload the truck
I place the pallets in their proper area
I began unloading the pallet placing items in their correct aisle
Once I am finished I clock out and go home
Terrible place with worse management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaOctober 10, 2018
If I could give this place zero stars I would I worked here for 3 months and after my second week I started looking for another job horrible experience
Pros
Able to use phone during work
Cons
No hours
Se trabaja agusto
Cajera (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 9, 2018
Con respeto,beneficios y segurida. Muy bonita agusto
Pros
Descanso lunch
Be ready to do your job to the best of your ability
over night stalker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 9, 2018
It's a pretty cool job it's a little fast pace at times when you need to get things done. Like any other job you come to work not to play.Have a good attitude at all times
Pros
Bring or buy your own lunch
Cons
Customers are impatient at times
Rvp level and top level management disconnect
Mgr (Former Employee) –  CaOctober 8, 2018
RVP has been functioning as if it were there own company. Consistantly has plans that differs from corporate direction and creates havoc and mayhem to all those below there level when corporate direction has been executed to the letter instead of there own. Heck with it, Brent is a self centered
individual. If your in the room with him, make sure hes the "smartest guy in the room". If you know him you know this to be true... "With that said..." give it a break. Learn your people skills and your peoples skills. 3 DM's, and ridiculous amount of store managers quit. People dont quit companies, people quit leaders and bosses. And the replacements coming got a hard road ahead.
Pros
Some products and checks dont bounce. Yet.
Cons
The rest
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAOctober 8, 2018
There was 3 managers total and only one of them spoke English! Communicating was difficult due to the language barrier. Minimum wage and rude staff. No good.
Challenging workplace due to a silo'd environment
Enterprise Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 7, 2018
The company has good employees that want what's best for the company but the company is a silo'd structure where every group has it's own interests and do not work well as a team.
Pros
People are genuinely nice
Cons
Headquarter building is old, no free coffee, no frills environment
Overal it was meh
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 5, 2018
This job was my second job, it was my first job of the day then turned into my last job of the day. They were pretty laid back. I have no idea how many absenses that I left with. However, the food items are in poor condition, there are bugs and mice. One times there was a cat for a week in the store. Managers and coworkers are very friendly though. You will get those customers who complain about prices because while yes the name of the store is 99 cents only, the full price on 95% of the items are .9999 cents. So they will ring up as a whole dollar. Then there are items that are $2.9999 and up.
Pros
Flexable hours, weekly pay
Cons
Low pay, max hours is 5 hours a day.
it was good working experience
Cashier & Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 5, 2018
the stores were very busy with customers, so there was a task all the time and culture of the work place was an experience for me, the differences of interaction and communication of languages, between business and customer.
Great Place to expand your work experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atascadero, CAOctober 1, 2018
With in six months and hard work I was promoted to front end lead. Within a year I was again promoted to ASM. With hard work you can be promoted quickly. The 99 cent only company allows you to learn and grow. The more knowledge you have the more valuable you are the the company. The culture differs from one store to the next, depending on Management. Though my store's culture is very positive and had had great reviews from secret shoppers. As management it is important to make deposits as well as withdraws and show respect to all employees there. If you are looking for a company to grow with or to broaden your work experience then I feel the 99 cent only company is the right place to start.
Amazing Place to work!
Sales Associate /Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2018
Being employed at the 99 cent store is alot of fun, fast paced and you work with amazing people. The customers are alot of fun as well.The store managers are always awesome and easy to get along with. Your co workers feel like family in a short time. And the job is always changing as well as fast paced so there is never a dull moment.
Pros
The managers are given too much work load
Cons
The managers dont give their cashiers enough trust in responsibility
great place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CASeptember 27, 2018
i really enjoyed working at the 99 cent store, the management is great my fellow employees were really good people and the customers were also great..
The employees there are nothing but drama and you get treated poorly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 26, 2018
It sucked working there, you don't get paid enough for all the work you do and the general manager only cares about his bonuses not about his employees.
Pros
Customers are awsome
Cons
Work environment sucks, pay sucks and no advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 99 Cents Only Store. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

1.6Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight