9Round Fitness Employee Reviews

Be careful
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2019
Be careful. No room for growth in the company, no health benefits, little to no help from Owner. 9Round as a company is just a money train. All they worry about is sign ups and not actually training clients. They say the workout changes daily, that’s false. The workouts are the same every day, they just switch a few moves around on other Rounds and claim that’s different. They say you have a certified trainer every time, that’s false. Half of the trainers that were hired had no training background. 9Rounds needs to buckle down before someone gets hurt working out in one of their many gyms.Save yourself the time and stress.
One of the worst experiences I've ever had
Personal Trainer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 18, 2019
Ownership in Lexington, SC is unorganized, disrespectful, lazy and hypocritical. Many times, when ownership is on the schedule to work a shift, no one shows up. They are publicly critical to their employees, calling them out and shaming them on things that they do constantly. Ownership has had many outbursts towards employees that are completely uncalled for. The turnover is incredibly high because of their ownership style. Good luck...
Quick paced and fun
Junior Trainer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 18, 2019
All employees and customers are high energy and self motivated. Must be able to keep up with everyone and multitask easily. Very positive environment.
Fast pace and fun working environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 25, 2019
Always need to be upbeat and be involved with your clients throughout their workouts. Challenge your clients to move fast and for them not to be scared of trying new combos.
Not a place to work
Studio Manager/Head Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 19, 2019
I worked here about a year and half. The workout itself is a joke and lasts only 30 mins. Workout templates come from corporate that are repetitive on a daily basis. Once, this happens you are not allowed to change the workout due to policy.

Members would complain about doing the same workout.
poorly run facility
instructor (Former Employee) –  clintonville ohioJuly 5, 2019
clintonville area local run by a woman who "thinks" she s teaching correct boxing skills not even close rude ignorant owner actually just another form of cardio keep ur money train yourself
Pros
Cons
poor hourly trainers arent certified lol neither is owner
Fast paced and all about the people
Lead Kickboxing Trainer (Current Employee) –  Middletown, DEJune 30, 2019
Working here is always about the people. It gives you opportunities to better yourself and help others in their fitness and life journeys. Worth it despite the lower pay. Great job for part time students.
Nice if you like fitness & flexibility
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJune 28, 2019
Working the floor is the best part of the job - fast paced and a high level of multi-tasking skills required if all stations are being utilized. Management of course wants SALES so be ready for that aspect.
Pros
Workout and get paid, motivate others
Cons
Pay, no benefits, hours
Fun Part time job
Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 24, 2019
It is a great supplemental income type of job. If you enjoy being active and engaging with members it's a great place to work. Because it's franchised, the culture varies at each location, therefore each trainer may have different experiences depending on the management.
Pros
fun, easy, active, doesn't feel like work
Cons
salary
Fun place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Trophy Club, TXMay 5, 2019
Job itself is very enjoyable
I very much enjoyed Instructing kids to adults in something I have a passion for: boxing
My previous training in boxing makes me more than qualified to do my job, but my pay does not match the quality of my work
Pros
free workouts
Cons
early work hours
Great atmosphere!
TRAINER/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  natomas, caApril 15, 2019
9round is a place to help motivate others to work hard while also pushing yourself to become stronger and more skilled. It is more than a gym! It is fast paced, and exciting. The members are like family and your coworkers become your good friends.
Pros
get paid to workout
Cons
hard work on the body
stressful environment
professional Kick boxing trainer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 25, 2019
Wake up and be at work before 05:30, watch workout videos, and check members in that come to workout. If closing must clean off whiteboards, vacuum floor, and disinfect all bags. Also, must sell memberships.
Average
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 21, 2019
Management was lacking. The gym is closed now. The members are what made the job so much fun and enjoyable. The job keeps you buys the entire shift. Not much downtime.
Great part-time work for somebody looking for extra money and flexible hours. Would not recommend to somebody that is not already financially secure.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 17, 2019
First off, I would not recommend this job for ANYONE that is not already financially secure. This job should under NO circumstances be taken if you need it to make a living, only if you want a fun part-time job for extra money or you're a college student. With that being said, my experience with 9Round was complex, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't awesome. It was more so a good experience with problems, but this was only because I did not need this job as it was just extra money.
THE WORST PART OF THE JOB: Management
The job itself is easy once you learn the system interface and how our workouts work. Your job will be typically to demonstrate the daily workout circuit, clean and maintain the facility, as well as sell memberships. The job is easy, but management has at times almost ruined the experience for the employees. I mentioned that the working hours were flexible, but at certain periods they were flexible to a fault. The manager often required unrealistic sales expectations that determined the amount of hours you got there. The problem is, as a new employee you usually started out with minimal hours and membership acquisition was particularly hard because of the price and the location of the facility where standards of living are low. At times you could have been competing with two other employees, for hours, or five different people at the same time which decreased hours for everyone when the manager would hire too many workers. The management never had any realistic plans for sales growth, just saying their plan was for the employees to get more sales. The management has
  more... often exploited employees and the interviews in themselves where trial shifts would be required, were exploitative as the manager used people for free labor, often putting on unpaid trial shift people in place of his paid employees.

THE BEST PART OF THE JOB: Clients

I talked a lot about negatives, but the biggest positive of the job is clients that care about you. I have rarely had bad experiences with clientele and 96% of them are genuinely nice to you and you become friends with them. Customer service here as part of the job is actually a pleasure and not a nuisance, besides making collections and past due calls, of course. Seriously, because of the toughness of this workout, you will see the clients struggle, but they struggle together as a team. It's a small gym where we all know each other and it's almost like a family-knit experience.

HOURS: As I described above, flexible, but can be a bit too competitive and unpredictable because it depends partly on who makes sales, and your hours can change dramatically week by week based on hiring or sales. The flexibility and the management's ability to work with limitations of your schedule should you be busy is fairly good, but also be cautious that it's hard to call out sick or for emergency because you have to get someone to cover for you.

PAY: Pay raises are hard to come by with this job with barriers being a difficult certification test, and with management wanting to actually give out raises in the first place. If you stay here long enough and do enough sales, you could potentially get small increases here and there.

PROMOTIONS: None. I don't think anyone has ever even been promoted since the business opened. Flirted with the idea of promoting people to managers, but the management has never done it except in specific temporary cases from my knowledge. If you want opportunities for advancement, look elsewhere.

I DO want to mention that management has gotten much better over the years but my criticism of this not being a job to make a living off of still stands. It's a great, fun, awesome, part-time job with great people to workout with but is a terrible job for anyone actually hoping to make this their full-time thing.
Pros
Fun job, relaxed working pace, flexible work schedules, great clientele that actually care about you.
Cons
Terrible management (has improved over the years though), low pay, low opportunities for advancement, too competitive for working hours, management has unrealistic sales expectations.
Very rewarding
Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 5, 2019
I really like being there with our members and helping them meet their fitness goals. There is alot of physical activity involves such as striking, core and calisthenics work involved.
Pros
Something I love to do
Cons
No benefits, low pay and laborious
Best Job ever had up to date
Manager and trainer, 9round kickboxing (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CAMarch 3, 2019
Every day you get to experience something new and challenging, but never negative. People truly appreciate who you are and what you do and it becomes a family. Management is always constructive even in criticism. The hardest part of the job is ensuring that most of every client will be happy but that is just part of the fun, and the challenge to push yourself to provide quality care and quality workouts.
Great workplace with amazing managers and coworkers.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2019
9Round has been a life changing job for me. The owner and management team are supportive and encouraging. Coworkers are flexible and team players, always willing to switch or help cover open shifts.
fun workplace, convenient for fitness lovers
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Overall 9Round is a great franchise that offers a different kind of fitness experience compared to other fitness programs. If management was better I would definitely keep my job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare
Fun and exciting
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCJanuary 27, 2019
Loved this job! Exciting got to meet and work with amazing clients. Love the owners and kept me in tip top shape. Training was absolutely spot on!!!!!
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Super long hours
Be careful!
Coach (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 8, 2019
Be careful and pay attention! I applied to 9Round, interviewed, and went in for a free class to assess whether or not I could complete the workout... I went through it twice and crushed it. I was praised and told how great I did and they asked me to come in to train the next morning. They sent me training videos/links and I binge watched them that evening. I was ready. The “training” day consisted of me running the class for 6 hours, no break. I was required to buy a tank for my uniform at that point. I had a great time, loved the class, the clients, and the culture. They had me train at another location the next day for about four more hours, on two other shifts (8+ hours) and attend a mandatory training staff meeting (on the record... no one would be paid for this... first red flag). I had one more shift where they asked me to open the studio. It was at this point, I asked when they were going to have me do paperwork and that is when they hit me with it... I hadn’t actually been hired, they called it an audition! Shame on me for thinking that being asked to work all of those shifts meant that I would be paid! I worked about 20 hours without pay, I ran the classes, signed up new members, called potential new members, and called existing members who had delinquent accounts. I WORKED, they just worked the system and didn’t pay me.
Pros
Could be good with right owner
Cons
I got conned. Never paid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 9Round Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.