A+E Networks Employee Reviews

Upper Management
Director, State and local Tax (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2019
Although the pay is average, upper management does not care about employees. In my department, work was not evenly spread. The VP only had an interest in one type of taxes. The tax responsibilities that fell under my jurisdiction did not get his attention and priority.
Toxic, Stressful, and Hostile
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2019
A typical day at A+E Networks, especially in the Technology department was extremely stressful, toxic, and hostile. Unfortunately, there is zero level of trust and respect between teams and management.

The management supports extremely hostile people,and believes in stepping on hard working people in order to succeed and promote others that only share the same unprofessional values and lack ethics.

There is no sense of unity or pride among the teams and the company motto is win as a team but fail as an individual.

Projects rarely find support from leadership, and funding often gets cut from projects. It seems that only aggressive people who will sabotage and entire team and project get hired and promoted.

There is very little satisfaction and pride in the jobs of employees here throughout the company. It seems employee morale is very low.

In the last 20 years of my working career, I have never experienced a company that thrives off disrespectful conduct and stepping on good employees. The turn over rate at this company is the highest I've seen in the industry.
Pros
Working with new technology from time to time
Cons
Culture is toxic, hostile, unrewarding, and miserable
Typical Day at work
Account Executive/Studio Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2019
A&E was back in my TV days - I loved it and loved my co-workers. The LA VP at the time was awful - abusive and eventually was pushed out of the company. Otherwise I loved working there.
Pros
Great Team, Great Compensation
Cons
LA VP was abusive - almost all employees had to leave the company
Great way to learn the inner workings of TV Network"
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2019
Great environment and people, very nice office, opportunity for growth depending on team, ample opportunities for lower level employees to have voice heard, company feels personal especially considering the size
Amazing !
Lead Cyber Security Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2019
I loved every day of work here. The people are great. Opportunities abound. Nice offices. A great creative buzz is in the air. You’ll meet wonderful people here.
Is a really toxic environment
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2019
The management dont have an understanding of the market. They are completely unprofessional and scream at each other in front of everyone. Everyone is out to get everyone .... you can trust nobody
Producer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 5, 2019
Work is challenging and interesting but very manageable with a great work/life balance. People are friendly and helpful and willing to take the time needed to train you.
Learned a ton!
Broadcast Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 19, 2019
A wonderful staff who was always willing to help and answer any questions I had. I was given a lot of opportunities to learn and although I was an intern, I was treated as a full time employee as well, in a really positive way.
Great culture but growth in role opportunities are zilch!
Supervising Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Medium sized cable outlet that is collaborative and a very cool place to work. Most of the folks are supportive and make for great colleagues. Network is very departmentalized and tends to lack uniformity in processes. There's a million different ways to "get things done" with different steps that vary from team to team, manager to manager. Onboarding can also be a bear as their is no succinct orientation for new employees beyond the standard HR basics. The greatest amount of frustration will come with growth in role opportunities and knowing clearly how to get ahead. There is no clear path, no review process, and a ton of people sitting at the top. Not grooming talent and promoting up. This - combined with lack of inclusion, diversity in voices and senior management team - will continue to erode the cable network.
Decent Place but no clue how IT is supposed to run
Citrix Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2018
They had more than enough developers when I was there but extremely unrealistic expectations with an incredibly small infrastructure staff. IT was driven by developers who had no understanding of how IT works. Basically, they tried to run a global IT organization with 5 people when they understood their application development team needed 150 people. Other than that the company was a great place to work! People are great! I would recommend working there.
I was there as a temp, so its hard to review.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
People were great. I was in a Accountant role. However it was temporary. I wanted to become permanent in the role I had. However, that opportunity didn't present itself.
Diverse work environment with excellent culture and people.
Manager, Int'l Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
Like many other cable networks, A+E has been faced with the challenges of the changing media landscape brought on by Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and other streaming platforms. My first few years there were great in that I was given a lot of responsibilities that served a purpose. There were a lot of perks including travel. It was a creative space. With the change in market came internal changes and hyper reactive decisions from management. It became uncomfortable. The work shifted from being innovative to being consumed with managing decline.
Pros
Casual, excellent benefits, good people
Cons
Zero stability, highly political, not much mobility
Great company but no room for growth
Integrated Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
A&E Networks is a great company but not much room for growth. Amazing PTO/benefits and work/life balance. Pay is low compared to other networks or I would have stayed here longer.
Pros
Days off, benefits
Cons
Pay
Contract job
QC Operations Coordinator/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 9, 2018
As a contractor you are given no benefits but the pay was significant. Work was routine and the people were nice. In all, A&E was an ok place to work.
Pros
Low stress environment
Cons
contract possition
Generally good workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
The company's culture and the work/life balance is good. However, I find that opportunities for advancement are limited and require a lot of hustle on the part of the employee.
Productive and Fun Place to work
TRAFFIC COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 7, 2018
A&E is a very team oriented organization which is great because teamwork truly is the recipe for success! The atmosphere is amazing and helps to keep the turnaround very low, however, the low pay is what drives most people out of the door.
Pros
great People
Cons
Low pay
Used to be a great place to work
Freelance Video Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2018
What once was a great place to work has now been turned to garbage because of real bad management. As far as pay went they were always on the low end but the volume of work made up for it. Unfortunately management has changed quite a bit over the last year and has made it an unbearable place. Most of the creative staff is freelance and they’re made to feel like they can be replaced at any time with anybody. It’s such a shame because they have some of the most creative producers and editors in the business working there.
Pros
Great creative staff with great camaraderie .
Cons
Low pay and really bad management
my department was terrible
Encoder & Digital Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 3, 2018
To be honest other people in the company said it was a decent place to work but the department i was in was terrible. Horribly unorganized, unrealistic deadlines, terrible leadership, antiquated workflow and equipment. To anyone in the digital media or encoding industry i would not recommend working there.
Great Team Work and Great Place to Learn
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
At A&E a person wears multiple hats. You will be able to work on multiple projects. You have the opportunity to learn about different areas of the business and work on different technologies. Teamwork is encouraged. Management is excellent and encourages people to do their best. People are very nice and while there is a lot of work it is often fun and challenging.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
I loved loved loved working for this company. Great place to work, great people, and at least at the time I was employed there, they had really good benefits that you didn't have to pay for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A+E Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss