A&B Kia Employee Reviews

Keep an eye on your paycheck
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Benwood, WVApril 4, 2019
Commissions are not paid on time, sometimes not at all. They are not open or honest about how much you actually make. What they tell you your commissions will be and what you get are different. They do chargebacks, so If you sell a vehicle that has been through service before you sell it and the customer brings it back for something wrong, you get charged for it. Leads are given to you, you cannot approach customers and management chooses who the leads go to and they are not distributed in turn, Basically they give the leads to who they want to give them to. Realistically plan on making minimum wage as a salesperson until they decide they don't want you anymore and quit giving you leads all together.

Average salesperson stays less than 3 months.
Pros
Laid back enviroment.
Cons
Pay is unreliable
Work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Benwood, WVMarch 25, 2019
Managers were obviously chosen by who they knew. They can never answer questions you had.
One finance manager was always drunk At work.
You do not get paid at time of sale, you are paid only when they would receive the money from the lending bank. So you could sell cars and not receive pay for that car for weeks.
Just an overall miserable place to work. Was very happy to find new employment.
Pros
Comfortable environment.
Cons
Everything else.
Terrible people to work for
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  Benwood, WVMarch 2, 2019
Ownership is a joke. Owner and son treat employees like garbage. Money can only be made on used cars. Which are either salvage titles or auction cars that have been in wrecks. Management takes advantage of poor people with bad credit, so that they may buy their garbage used selection.

Only consider if you wish to get your foot in the sales door.
Great people to work for.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Benwood, WVFebruary 6, 2018
Was hired to help with a major remodel at the dealership facility. Did a variety of work including metal framing, drywall, painting etc. Project was supposed to run about a year. Job seemed to morph into something else as I found myself doing other projects like rehabbing a project house, travelling out of state to do personal projects for the owners family.. I got paid well for my time and expertise, but it wasn't what I signed up for and not really the direction I wanted to go in my career. Otherwise, I would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to work for these people, take it. They will treat you right.
Pros
Great people, nice work enviroment
Very stressful
Sales Manager, Finance manager (Current Employee) –  Benwood, WVDecember 2, 2017
Owner does not value the employees. He will fire anyone on the spot for no reason. Turn over is very high at A&B. It is hard to make money because they take so much money away from you.
Pros
Cons
Very sressful
decent
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Benwood, WVJune 14, 2015
It was a decent place to work. Pay was not very good and had too many techs to make any money. Hours were great M-F dayshift. Management did not seem to know what they were doing.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay