A&J TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

Delivery Franc sand to company’s Halliburton
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKMarch 21, 2019
Don’t work here unless u can get on one of the dispatch trucks. They treat u with no respect if u mess up on ur logs they well take ur line 5 away or the pc I just quit there they well do anything to keep u from getting the guarantee like paying a load out a week early or not paying for layovers
Pros
Cons
No family time
Productive, competitive in industry, and great place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKMarch 14, 2019
A lot of frac sand companies struggle during the down-turn in the oilfield but A&J seems to always do well because of their leadership and processes. The customers always highly recommend A&J because they have their stuff together always. They pay detention, layovers, breakdowns, etc to all the drivers. I will continue to work here until I see fit. They treat their drivers with respect and hold them accountable for their actions if it affects the rest of the fleet. They care about this place as a whole and not just individual people. Makes for a secure job. I highly recommend working here.
Pros
Leadership, management, dispatchers
Cons
High maintenance job
Successful and fun place with great people
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Working at A&J transportation was the most successful thing I feel like I've allowed myself to do. Working there allowed me to achieve my fullest maximum organization skills. It helped obtain a positive mindset and makes anyone feel top of the notch.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Small office
You get the minimun amount of loads here
Drver (Former Employee) –  Byng, OKApril 24, 2018
Only the trucks owned by the family members get above the minimum amount of loads. The rest of the trucks get about 10 loads a week. Every job in the office is a family member and they keep their own trucks running. Everything here is about favoritism.
Pros
None.
fun
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Byng, OKFebruary 7, 2018
Wonderful place to work at. The owners and managers are very nice people to work for.They are very accommodating to personal needs. I give this place 2 thumbs up and 10 stars.
Pros
wonderful
Cons
not any
Great People, Very Caring
North Carolina Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2017
I can not speak highly enough about A&J Transport and the owners. They paid all of their employees more than generously, had a very caring and family culture and have always been quick to help those in need while getting the job done. I respect this company more than any other I've ever worked with.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Work dependent on natural disasters.
no home time good pay
long haul over the road Driver/ local (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2014
this is a good place if you want to only work your never going to be at home and you never get to enjoy you pay but its a balance issue so it can be dealt with be management
Pros
good pay
Cons
never home
Sand Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKMarch 19, 2014
no no no no no i got along with GM but their dispatchers sucked.
Great place to work for 13 years, looking for change.
Shop Foreman/ Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 10, 2013
Working in truck shop is a fast pace job, which i like. I have learned a great deal about the transportaion industry. I could not do it without my two best helpers, my co-workers.
Pros
free lunch on fridays
Cons
on call 24/7
Productive & Good Service Shop
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Byng, OKOctober 3, 2013
Drive a truck to varies Frac locations to deliver Frac-Sand to customers. Paid while trained to operate Peunmatic Trailer! Great Co-Workers, always willing to lend a helping hand when needed! Good management & always try to keep there drivers busy. Hardest part of the job is being away from home for weeks at a time & not enough money to justify time gone! The enjoyable part of the job is seeing new places & meeting people!
Pros
Home When Needed!
Cons
Away From Home For Weeks At a Time & Not Enough Money To Justify Time Gone!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&J TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.

A&J TRANSPORTATION Reviews by Location