A&S Kinard Employee Reviews

Imbalanced working atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  250 North Zarfoss Drive York,PA 17402July 9, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone. The work environment was not favorable if you were a person of color. There was a lack of communication, organization, and they were highly bias. No one was held accountable for set actions. Highly discriminatory.
Pros
Customers were easy to accomodate
Cons
Prejudice, non-thriving enviroment, not compensated appropriately, lack of communication, disorganization etc.
Veru unpredictably
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 13, 2018
Very unpredictable not sure what's next. Constant change with upper management. Slip seat not mentioned without notice. I was very confused every day. Wasn't good feeling
Pros
Health
Cons
Unpredictability
Driver managers are not well trained...
Professional Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAFebruary 18, 2018
Driver managers should be better trained on how to relate to people. The pay leaves much to be desired. Overall i had a really nice situation/route but needed to make more money.
Pros
Newer Equipment, coworkers, Health benefits were good.
Cons
Pay, Driver managers, no pay raises indefinitely, if you have one sick day...no bonus either.
Ok but not what it used to be
Driver (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 13, 2018
There are some factors resulting in this company going down hill faster than many expected. Your day to day co-workers/drivers are pretty nice and good people however the overall culture from management leaves much to be desired. Also there are currently no raises for drivers
Pros
Drivers and day to day office staff are nice
Terrible management
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OhioJanuary 19, 2018
There is no leadership in the administration. The main office has begun making drastic changes in the benefit package, then wait for reaction from the workforce to decide when they have gone too far.

My local Driver Manager does nothing to support his drivers. He is completely focused on covering himself, while the drivers get stepped on. No suprise, we cannot get or keep drivers and are critically understaffed.
Pros
Plenty of hours available, whether you want them or not.
Cons
Poor management, poor resource management (long hours out/low miles driven)
long hours stressful
Driver (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 17, 2018
its ok but im really not into driving in the north east everyday very heavy loads in headache traffic every single day& tight places at all the cosignees
Ok place
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I liked my job but some of the workers did not care.
No one listened to issues and fixed them. People were hard to work with
People were all against each other.
Pros
hous
Cons
proole
Could have been better
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2018
This job was really not that bad of a job just that the local area manager had no clue what he was doing. He would always complain to me about the hours he was working but the way i seen it was always his own fault. When i would fill in for him when he was gone i would have the job done in half the time and on my home.
Pros
Cons
Alot
not a good company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYDecember 21, 2017
bad company they stink eqpt. is junk .its a revolving door . they tell you that you will work 50/60 hours a week you will be lucky to get 30 maybe 40 .most trucks have mis matched tires . no winter tires unless you badger them and then they put you in a worse truck . they suck keep looking else where
Pros
you can milk the clock
Easy work no raises
Driver (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 15, 2017
Home every night. Stopped giving raises this year if you miss one day you lose your bonus for the year and with no sick days it’s kind of impossible with a family.
I love kinard but management has really gone down hill
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 3, 2017
Always having management issues they don't care about the drivers when there are issues they say what you want to here at the moment but the minute you get off the phone they forget who you are
Good working atmosphere
Trcuk Driver (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 15, 2017
The driver manager that I had was very friendly and very helpful. Was always kept busy and never had to wait for a load. My co-workers were also very friendly and helpful.
Terrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  York paNovember 4, 2017
Once you get sick and file for medical leave they get rid of you so you don't have health insurance. The last thing they to you don't worry you can get insurance through cobra as they drive away in there Cadillac car. COBRA cost 900.00 a month. And don't think they can't fire you while your medical leave they know the loop holes in the laws. IF I were a driver I would stay away. The ceo won't even look at the employees he thinks he is better then everyone else. They treat you like your stupid.
Pros
They pay good
Cons
They dont care about the employees
Good pay no security
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  York paAugust 19, 2017
Felt I had a secure job but it was like all other companies employees are expendable felt like family atmosphere at first great benefits ended up getting a bad rating as company and work was lost
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of hours
Productive and fun place to work. Nice helpful coworkers
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 9, 2017
pre trip inspections, pick up paperwork for information on trailer and customer your delivering to. Hookup trailer, pretrip and travel to customer location. Drop off trailer or have trailer unloaded depends on customer and paperwork. Check QUALCOMM for my next destination. Enter information in the QUALCOMM as needed. At the end of the day, fuel truck drop off paperwork and park truck until next work day.
Only take this job for the experience.
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 11, 2017
I have 13 years of driving experience and took this job to relocate near my gf. At first the job was excellent. It had the perfect work/home life balance. I worked 50 hrs a week and was fine with that. Then I moved to days onto the Freedom account up in Hazleton Pa. My hours at work then jumped up close to 14 hours per day. If the company paid over time it wouldn't be so bad but they only pay out Straight time so the extra hours aren't even worth being drained and exhausted at the end of the week. I would be cautious with joining the freedom account as dispatch up there will want you to do things that aren't related to your job description, be prepared to yard jockey in a yard jockey truck that is constantly breaking down because they can't keep guys on that specific job. Also just be prepared to work close to 14 hours every day especially in the summer time when it gets very busy. The medical benefits have been the only reason I have stayed this long other than that I would have left months ago. Right now as I write this review I am currently looking for another job and have several opportunities that are way better than this current position. Do yourself a favor and find a different place to work, only work here if you definitely without a shadow of a doubt need the experience.
Pros
The medical benefits
Cons
Very long hours, Straight pay only, no ot pay, will make you do other positions that weren't in your initial Job description
Good company to work for.
Service Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PaMarch 27, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. It's a lot more trailer work than truck work. They get new trucks every couple years which are all under warranty. A&S kinard is involved in the community. They go to several events every year and always invite the employees to come out.
No respect for time away from work! I wouldnt give them 1 star.
Diver (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 20, 2017
Employed here now & can't wait to get out. No respect for drivers time, don't tell you there is no overtime until you get to orientation. Place is a joke
Pros
Cons
Love to run you because there is no overtime.
I was a port driver for A&S they gave paid lunches
Local class A port driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 27, 2017
It was a Good job only thing was once you got close to your 40 they keeped you at home. We would go to the ports of Long beach, to get good year tire for good year. then we had a drop yard where we dropped are loads. Then other times when we had the time we would take the loads to the good year in Victorville.
Pros
the nice thing about A&S was they paid for our 30 min lunch brake.
Cons
The only bad thing about A&S was they didn't give any over time
Unfair workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 26, 2017
Unfair environment poorl load planning overworked irresponsible dispatcher. A great company but irresponsible driver managers that don't take the blame for their midtakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&S Kinard. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5