A'GACI Employee Reviews

n'a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 7, 2018
nothing great at al from this company. they were very unprofessional and had a lot of favortism. I struggled with my schedule only because other people always got more hours.
Great environment
Part-time Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 24, 2018
Coworkers were fun and made me feel comfortable fast. They start you off low then pick you up after a month in order to get used to the store. Very easy.
A'gaci
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  HialeahOctober 24, 2018
Horrible experience. In the time I was a minor and I would work shift from 3PM to 4AM. Going to school. Poor management and no bonuses at all. No security.
Team-work enviroment
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXOctober 23, 2018
Agaci has a warm and friendly environment. The store functions with order and great management. I learned how to deal with Irate customers maintaining a professional demeanor. The hardest part of the job was learning to successfully balance my time with work and school. The best part of the job was teaming up with the cu-workers to provide the great customer satisfaction.
Pros
Enhancing Customer service skills.
Cons
Temp work
Fun and fast pace work environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 14, 2018
This is a great company. Must be willing to sacrifice time away from home. Holidays will be hectic and might be out of work really late. Other than that very fun place to work.
Bad pay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 9, 2018
I liked the job overall but the pay was terrible and they barley give you hours what I like about it was the people thier we’re very sweet and I liked helping customers .
Cons
Bad pay
Workplace culture
Sales Lead Associate/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work, our statement has always been " it's always a party at A'gaci" and its very true. everyday was something new, the environment of the store is always fun.
Great if you need retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
The promise of being promoted will keep you there longer than the barely minimum wage can afford. Management is highly toxic and forces sales associates to do ALL of the managerial work, including payroll.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Plague is curable, the low class attitude at A'GACI is not.
Pros
Never work more than part-time hours
Cons
They don't pay you for any work time over your 30 hours
Stressful
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 23, 2018
They would treat me like a slave, Making me work over 30 hours a week, and I’m only 18!! Management really sucked, as they would never help me when I would be the only one working at the shoes with 72632537 customers going up to me. All that I liked from working there was the discount and the nice employees.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, discounts
Cons
Everthing else
Poor rate of pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Rate of pay does not go by talent and performance, but tenure in the company. Very stressful in an environment where training/ developing is not a priority.
Overall Mixed Feelings
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 10, 2018
I was an associate here for almost 3 years. I loved most of my managers and they always tried to do what they could to be flexible with all of our hours. However with the company, they never really gave a raise until it we were supposed to get one, county wise. I was stuck with the same pay for 2 years. It took me awhile to realize I was putting in so much work for such little pay, but I always brushed it off because I made friends with the people I worked with. Nothing was hard, it was basically customer service, registers, etc. If you've worked in any retail store before, they're all basically the same.
Pros
Fun team, music was on point
Cons
No raise
Mixed
Store staff (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 6, 2018
constant management changes. Upper management seems to always be unsure of next steps to take. This results in passing the buck on to someone else. Very high turnover rate
Pros
Staff
Cons
Structure
always a party at agaci
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I loved working in an environment with loud upbeat music because it was a great motivation help upsell the merchandise sold at agaci. Team was great and I learned a lot from awesome great teaching managers.
Pros
great fun happy staff
Cons
work really late, holidays, and inventory
Great job with minor issues
Floor Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 2, 2018
I worked at AGACI for two years and I very much enjoyed it. It was fun and there was many opportunity to be creative and be yourself When it came to dressing mannequins working floorset or helping out a customer or just the dress code your personal opinion definitely mattered. The only thing is within my time of working there I learned a lot of shady things that was happening within the company itself. I learned about employees with wrong full termination and employees that were just doing things that were not morally correct. When addressing this issue to corporate they did absolutely nothing about any of it and completely turned the other way. Other than that the overall job itself was fun.
Pros
creative, room for advancement, always learning
Cons
shady cooperation
Productive work place
Sales Associate/Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 2, 2018
I met sale goals daily, helped customers find what they need and more, loss and prevention, cashier experience, multi-tasking, following company policies
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
rare breaks
Agaci
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 23, 2018
It's a very nice place to start your mission for success. The management has open door policy and tries to listen to the needs of the staff. As well as being accommodating with emergency issues.
Agaci
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 14, 2018
Working at Agaci was great. It is a good company to have as a first job, but since it doesn't have much benefits for employees in the long term it doesn't seem pleasant to keep working there. The company is based surely on customer needs and it does not take into consideration what the employees need. Hard work deserves to be rewarded.
Okay place to work. The place has a high school mentality
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 28, 2018
Agaci overall is an okay company. The specific location I worked at was very flexible when it came to my work schedule but the managing was very poor.
It was fun until store management changed
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TX 77494June 24, 2018
A typical day is about 5 hours and you'll be zoned to fitting room, floater, shoe department, or cashier. I learned many things such as how to do returns and exchanges, visuals such as changing mannequins, floor set, and inventory. Management was cool before they changed over to a new one. Management told employees she was there just for extra cash. There isn't a hard part of the job honestly. If you have no experience then it will seem like a bit much but once you get used to it, it is a breeze. The most enjoyable part is meeting new coworkers. One thing that was very annoying was managers only cared about making day and they would remind you every second to force customers to buy things.
terrible experience
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 21, 2018
management is lazy and unmotivating. things changing everyday, no structure what so ever. no room for advancement. high turnover rate. management picking favorites