A+ Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Featured review
A+ Federal Credit Union selected this as a representative review
Fun Place To Work.
Dealer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2018
Nice environment to work. People are very nice and live like a family.They work with your schedule if you still going to school.My manager is the nicest manger ever. Very cool people to work with.
Pros
Free Lunches, Birthday celebration and pot locks
Great Place to Work
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2019
This was a great company to work for. I started as a Teller Supervisor and ended up as a Mortgage Loan Officer. They were very helpful for me along the way and working here was a great experience.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
No a lot of opportunities to make $100k+.
July 8, 2019

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback, and the time you were with us as an employee! -- Tricia Lewis, VP Human Resources

Abundant Advancement opportunities, recognition for a job well done, and excellent code of ethics.
Member Services Officer III (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2019
I love working for A+ for an insurmountable amount of reasons. But if I left tomorrow it would be due to those whom have a consistent negative attitude at work that affects their team slipping by unscathed.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. And it seems unfair that employees who do everything right yet make a few errors worry more about their job than those who bring the whole team down. And I'm not just speaking for myself when I say that. You cant teach true customer service skills. And for those who have them, it's sad to see them carry the positivity and work load.
Pros
Positive Recognition, Great code of ethics, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Negative employees can get by and affect the team morale
Not productive, managers are sometimes not aware of surroundings
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 30, 2019
I believe this is a good place to gain knowledge of how a bank works but the workplace was a continuous place time wasting. At the same time, the training opportunities were amazing. This would be a great company to work at, the only issue is that the managers will fail under peer pressure and any higher-ups can do whatever they want (in terms of directing everyone else) even though it is inefficient (including more senior managers)
Awesome
Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2019
A+ FCU is a good company to work for. I would go back in a heartbeat. They were more like family! everyone was soo hands on and helping. The bonus structure was very generous compared to other bigger companies!
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Upper Management
April 25, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are thankful that you had a great experience here at A+! We wish you the best on your new journey! ~Tricia Lewis, VP HR

Friendly Atmosphere with room for growth
Contact Center Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2019
Hectic call volume, learned how to be patient and listen not just hear what people are saying. Friendly atmosphere with room for growth, many volunteer opportunities to help the community.
April 25, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you gained new and useful skills while serving our members via phone. Thank you for being a part of A+'s story! We wish you the best on your new journey! ~Tricia Lewis, VP HR

Friendly Coworkers
Member Services Officer III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 12, 2019
My favorite part of the job is my coworkers and our members. Depending on the branch you are at, you could have busy days consistently or slow days consistently. My only complaint right now is the annual reviews are really long and repeats it’s self. After you become an MSO III, there really isn’t much movement for you to go higher. None of the branch managers or assistant branch managers leave their positions so once you get right under them, you are stuck.
Enjoyable Financial Institution with good work/life balance culture
Member Services Officer II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2018
A+ Federal Credit Union makes it a point to invest in its employees. While this varies from manager to manager, overall, most employees can be expected to be encouraged to explore and find their niche. If you're working for a branch, expect to work at a high pace and have to adapt to learning various skills, policies, and procedures. Member service is the chief motivation for A+, and this can sometimes put stress on employees as we are prone to hand-holding our members. The hardest part about working in a branch is managing your time. Members come in for various needs at various times, and you are expected to be able to accomplish your operational tasks (cash preparation, account follow-ups, etc.) and be available to assist members. If you find yourself unable to balance this time, my experience has been that management will work with you on ways to give you more time. There is also a lot to remember, and the procedures can sometimes be difficult to find and interpret. Overall, A+FCU is a good credit union and one of the better entry level jobs available in the Austin area.
Pros
Matching 401(k), Matching HSA, Occasional lunches, Good employee development program
Cons
High Expectations, Lower pay (except for entry level), Poor interoffice Communication
April 25, 2019

Thank you for your review and for your feedback about our organization. I appreciate that our organization conducts a compensation analysis every several years to ensure that compensation for the various roles within the Credit Union are competitive! Additionally, the above average wage increases are very beneficial! Thank you for being a part of our team! ~Tricia Lewis, VP HR

A lot of change occuring
Specialty Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2018
Long time employee; each position/department/branch has its own different feel. Some areas are well managed and a good team; other areas have low morale and the managers nitpick every small detail. It's hard to find a balance between an enjoyable position, good management, and good coworkers. But the magical combination is there in different variations - just have to be very patient and work very hard to get noticed for promotion.
Pros
Ability to transfer positions internally
Cons
Inconsistencies accross the company
Member Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 4, 2018
I'd love to work there again. I miss it. I wish I hadn't left. Good people. Great training program. Awesome all around. Hope I get another shot with them.
Good company culture
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2018
I learned a lot working here. I had not worked for a Credit Union before. It is a much better atmosphere than working in a mortgage company. I liked the open door policy.
Pros
Allowed flexibility to make up time, i.e. doctor's appts
Cons
Info shared at monthly meetings with manager had little impact
Great place to work, great people to work with.
Loan Officer (Remote) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2018
All around a great place to work. Everyone is helpful and friendly. Management is great with communicating with employees. The job culture is very friendly.
Overall okay
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Overall ok .. you need to be able to work straight 8-5 in uniform. Location was okay. Management should be more open to new ideas and that all for now.
Unrealistic expectations for supervisor.
Loan Processor Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2017
I appreciate the opportunity for growth. I was expected to perform two fulltime jobs at once. My passion is customer/member service. Processing and funding loans within 24 hours. Restructuring that took place January 2017 prevented this from happening.
Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from new CLO
Depending on which branch you're at great workplaces!
Operations Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2017
I've worked at the Georgetown branch as a teller= LOVED now I work at a different branch = LOVE. Easy to move up if motivated. They have a great program to keep employees healthy & motivated. Overall great teams to work with!
Pros
Discounts on different things; big into keeping employees motivated and healthy!
Cons
Depending on branches / management ; not that flexible hours
A lot going on right now......
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2017
The lending division is going through lots of changes.Its just that the CLO is not a good leader and the whole place is scared every day because he does not care about people.

Which is surprising because its a credit union.
Pros
Cons
many
Great for learning and growing with the banking industry
Member Service Officer III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2017
There are many different aspects to a Credit Union, therefore many opportunities for learning. A+FCU is good about educating and training you. They even allow you to cross-train with other departments so you can better understand how each part of the Credit Union operates and how they all work together. They are good about promoting from within and offer opportunities for training and advancement.
Great Overall
Member Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXDecember 5, 2016
Loved working here. My branch was great. although i did hear that some branches were not as great. Pay is probably the best you will find, especially if you come from no experience.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2016
A very good place to work. A great CEO. Slowly working its way to becoming a bank though. It is just lacking the funding, as most credit unions do. If you like your weekends, then apply for a back office job. Anything in branch will have you working every weekend but one in most scenarios. Company has issues with being afraid of its own customers at times. This can cause major issues. Very high sales driven in branch. Be prepared to sell, sell, sell, while the company says that they are for the community and it isn't always about numbers. It is very much about numbers. Overall, it is a decent place to work. Most jobs on average for a full time employee range from $23k-$29k.
Stressful negative environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXAugust 12, 2016
I worked for this company for 1 year and 4 months and was only ever given negative feedback. They do a monthly review of your mistakes. Liked my coworkers but it's very cliquey. Lots of volunteer events. Very high sales goals and could get fired from not meeting them
Pros
Free food a lot, birthdays and such are celebrated, Christmas parties, high pay
Cons
No room for advancement, high stress, negative attitude
Relocated to home town.
Assistant Branch Mgr./MSO III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2016
Always an opportunity to learn something new, daily.
I gained a great deal of experience in sales, service, operations, business development and management.
Company was small enough to have close working relations across departments but large enough to grow with the demands of the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A+ Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

A+ Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location