A & G Fresh Market

Working at A & G Fresh Market: 5 Reviews

United States5 reviews

Family owned independent

Was responsible for all aspects of the store operations. Supervised all departments, pricing,sales programs, advertising and worked closely with owner partners on the daily store operations. Enjoyed the pricing and advertising aspects of the job. Worked with graphic designer on a weekly ad, set ad pricing and ad themes. Did all grocery, frozen, import and dairy purchasing. Set regular retail pricing and established T.P.R. programs. Worked closely with direct salesmen and wharehouse suppliers as well.

Pros

enjoyed the operational parts of the job.

Cons

long hours, but professional growth made it worthwhile.

productive and fun working place

My everyday would be come in clock in and go for my cashier box. Once that was done i would count the money to see what i started with after that i would go to the maneger to see what line i was getting.The rest was simple attend customers as best i could untill break. Go count before break hen come back and finis my day. Ending my day i would count my cash register and fill the papers u and clock out.

Pros

meeting new people and all type of foods

Ok first job, not a very good career

a typical day definately includes being yelled at either by a customer or managment. Co-workers were very friendly, though the CSR department would really cut short on said friendliness.

Good Start Up Job.

This store has a lot of potential but it lacks the push from managment to become better. The employees push to make it run well but lack the motivation from management.

Pros

good work chemistry

Cons

no insurance. Low pay

A & g

If you like long days...being treated like the scum of the earth and having to leave your cell phone with your supervisor when using the restroom... then this is the place for you...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A & G Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits