A & L Great Lakes Laboratories

• Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Dirty job but fast paced

I liked working at A & L Great Lakes because it was a new experience. It was a fast paced job and it paid enough per hour for me to live on. Paid lunch breaks were a plus as well.

Im a great worker

I work very hard and take my job seriously. It was a great learning experience and im looking forward to my next job! I learn very easily and refuse to show up late . I wont let you down!

Structured

A typical day at work consist of properly performing the required duties in each department. I learned that farmers test their soil, plants, feed, and manure. Management was very helpful. Co-workers were fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was the large load of samples during a busy season. Most enjoyable part of job was seeing the different types of soil from around the country and some from other continents.

Good, fun place to work

The management are good and flexible with schedules. Treat employees well. Several days a week free snacks were provided.Management willing to help and do every job. Would not ask you to do something they wouldn't do. Enjoyable fun place to work

Pros

flexible, good management

Cons

low wage, lots of manual labor

Excellent Laboratory Environment for agriculture

A typical day included preforming extractions on up to 9,200 soil samples to later be ran on an ICP. After extractions were preformed, new solutions would be made, test tubes cleaned and the area cleaned up.I learned good time management as well as team work.The management was good, there were however a few issues with a lack of communication among higher up personnel in the lab.All of my co workers were hard workers, they all had great personalities and really cared about their jobs.The hardest part of my job would be the massive amounts of over time during busy season, 13 or 14 hour days with the massive work load. In addition on two days there was an issue with the extracting solution so we had to re extract almost a whole days run about 7,000 samples one day making the total over 12,000 and the next day doing about 4,000 re extractions.The most enjoyable part of my job would have been seeing process, and getting the customers the information they needed.

Pros

breaks

Cons

seasonal work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A & L Great Lakes Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits