A & W Construction

Working at A & W Construction: 3 Reviews

United States3 reviews

Enjoy Working for but no benefits or advancement opportunity or income security.

In a days time, I meet with clients, do walk throughs at job sites and devise thorough estimates , oversee employees and make sure they have the needed supplies and equipment. I have learned to be very organized, observant , detail-oriented and professional. Multitasking and staying on schedule while keeping my customers updated and happy. I not only know how to do the actual construction, I have also learned to supervise 10 to 15 employees, complete estimates, learned sales and customer service. Knowing how to manage my time and multitask are a must. The hardest part of the job is juggling several jobs at once while working around everyone's schedules. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my customers happy when a job is completed.

Pros

Being my own boss

Cons

Juggling jobs and meeting tight deadlines.

It's been a long road

I began with this company 10 plus years ago. In terms of wanting hours and driving experience the opportunity is plentiful. When thinking about supporting a family or saving for retirement you should think again. I am ready to step outside of my normal routine and comfortability. I am a good worker with a strong work ethic.

Pros

Hours, experience, life long friends

Cons

Pay, no over time, no benefits

A & W Construction insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Good Company

I learned a great deal from this company and was able to transition to my next career path easily with the knowledge I obtained.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A & W Construction?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A & W Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits