A-Max Insurance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
just in general is a great enviorment for this type of job field. The only thing that is not that great is the management but besides that it anyone that were to work will enjoy this field but most of all have a great experience.
Pros
benefits, raise, and flexability
Cons
Managment
Unlimited earning potential
SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
Flexible work schedules-two different shifts. Competitive hourly+commission-uncapped earning potential. Advancement opportunities-AMAX promotes from within and encourages employee advancement.
Just look a round
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2018
Provide customer care to insurance customers, listening attentively to promote the best service possible to each individual client.

Spanish speaking is a Must!
Clean and helpful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 4, 2018
Great typical days at work
Great service
Management cared for their customers/employees
Learned to manage a team
Hardest part was working until 6 pm
Lunch was good
most enojoyable part of the job
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Central, TXMay 31, 2018
my team mates awesome job was relaxed and stressed free u dont have to worry about any pressure and they understand emergencies and other family issues
low wages
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
be prepared to make $5 per hour less than all other insurance companies even as a manager. Hours are long and it is hard to get any days off. If you need to call in for an emergency they tell you it can wait and that they can maybe get you off tomorrow.
Fun
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at A-Max, however I did not see opportunity for advancement. The work environment could be a little stressful with the CEO's being directly involved with everything.
Productive, fast pace and competitive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
Very good company to work if you are a hard worker. Lots of opportunity to grow and make a career in insurance. Flexible hours to work and work with you during times you need them.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible and Good Pay
Cons
No 401k
Nice customer service
Lots of work
Good customers
Good hours
Helpful to your hours
not a tiring job cut extremely competitive.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
At first it was great but it didn't go as planned towards the end. My office manager was by far the best I've ever had, but the zone manager was not a humble man and discriminated based on looks. Every morning we received emails asking to over price customers in low income neighborhoods for our services and we would receiver an extremely low ( less than 1%) bonus at the end of the month compensating for our hard work and dedication for the entire month. The upper management is extremely un- professional treating this job like some form of high school with a ton of drama. I enjoyed my in office co workers.
Pros
They sponsor your insurance license and healthcare
Cons
upper management and overpricing
Wasn't the best job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2018
To work here you have to literally have no life what so ever. I was paid $9.00 hr , checks were terrible. Stop taking money, learn the job. Much love
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
Too much for one person, thats new to the field
Fast paced job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Working with AMAX Auto insurance is a very fast paced job, the benefits are not great at all ! I love working here but I do not benefit here . The customers are great but the management needs to be taught more on customer service.
worst experience ever
sales agent/ leader (Former Employee) –  rgv areaJanuary 19, 2018
they hire anyone not licensed! asked to forge signatures! you only advance if you truly kiss a** and dont of zone manager feels threatened by you!!!!
Pros
Cons
long lunches! terrible pay
fun environment
Agent/Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2018
This company had a lot of fun days going out to market and the events they held were some of the highlights working here. I was able to advance quickly within the company.
Competitive and Fast Paced
Agent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 5, 2018
On a typical day, you have customers coming in looking to buy auto insurance. So, you would have to explain the different types of coverage, who would be covered or excluded from each policy, and anything else the customer was being signed up for. I would also go marketing around Waco and surrounding areas.
Fast paced workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2017
Fast paced offices with heavy foot traffic. Co-workers were very friendly and would help one another if needed. Had daily goals to meet individually and together as a team.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2017
I worked at the call center and absolutely hated it. They give you way to much work and very little pay. They don't deliver on their promises. Commission leaves much to be desired. Upper management constantly fraternizing with woman employees. The company never fails to remind you how quick you can be replaced. And their whole operation is just a legal way of stealing money by charging bogus agency fees. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time.
Fast paced
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 13, 2017
A very great place to work, constant business. Very people friendly environment. Always busy so time would go by fast sometimes. And some days we had slow days.
Pros
Meeting a lot of people
Would not recommend
Insurance Agent /Office Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 5, 2017
Micro management at it's finest and poor managerial decisions high stress and unreachable goals just to not pay out commissions or bonus , quick advancement if you get along with the zone manager.
Hours
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work was either very slow or very over whelming. We dealt with customers on a regular basis which was not even the hard part. What was hard was the long hours. Other than that, the work was enjoyable.