A-Max Insurance Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2018
Must know how to multi task because if you dont, this ain't the job for you. You will make changes through the phone and by person at the same time...
good job for someone who does not have family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
i worked with the company for almost 2 years at first everything was okay i enjoyed working, but the hours did not work out for me. I would have only one week off out of the week. I didn't enjoy my job after management changed. Hours are not family friendly there is no time to go out or have a lie outside of work. The only good thing i had was having an understanding manager who would work with me up until management go mad at her for allowing me to have a flexible schedule.
benefits
Cons
hours
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Great atmosphere, Management is Great, learning something new everyday, good commission, days off , great training, cool shirts to wear and we get to dress up 4 days of the week.
Nice if you have no life or children
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 9, 2018
You will always have other employees not coming in or quitting, leaving you in the situation where you will not be seeing very many days off aside from Sundays. You will also be required to clean up after everyone's typos and mistakes. Your commissions are only 5% of your agency fees, which should be more considering that you work so hard for a sale! No Christmas bonus, not very many perks to it all. Your best bet is staying an agent so that you can have the option of saying no to bouncing between offices and not getting time off.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
pay and management
csr agent
Sales CSR/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 6, 2018
I love working for the company. But too many hours. Need spend more time to myself and my children. The company really supportive and always willing help anything.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
too many hours
A day at Amax Auto Insurance
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2018
My day at Amax Auto Insurance, well I would go in to Amax with a happy face, always with a happy face. I mostly exited about the sales and the customers coming in and they would love how I would treat them, with patience and respect and always answering there questions.
Pros
having one on one with my customers
Cons
my days off
Review
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy working for this company I really do, the way everything works its easy to learn and understand. There's always chances to move up as well. The only thing I dislike is the pay and commission. Other than that everything else is awesome.
supervisor and ran an office (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 21, 2018
On a daily basis I worked with 8 agents and made sure the customers were happy with the service. Did daily reports and made deposits to the bank. Had daily and monthly goals that were met.
Not flexible hours and unorganized management
Agent(call center)/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
When I started working, my only request was to have Saturdays off because of my religious beliefs and they agreed. I was never given one Saturday off.
Being a floater was not part of the initial agreement and they kept sending me from location to location, sometimes even 3 in the same week, without additional compensation.
I did learn a lot about customer service, sales, state laws, and working in different types of management within the company.
My best part of the job was making connections with people in upper levels, as well as customers. I enjoy meeting new people and helping in all that is in my legal power.
Over all I enjoyed working there for everything I was exposed to, growing my personality.
Pros
they accept people with little experience
Cons
expensive benefits
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
just in general is a great enviorment for this type of job field. The only thing that is not that great is the management but besides that it anyone that were to work will enjoy this field but most of all have a great experience.
Pros
benefits, raise, and flexability
Cons
Managment
Unlimited earning potential
SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
Flexible work schedules-two different shifts. Competitive hourly+commission-uncapped earning potential. Advancement opportunities-AMAX promotes from within and encourages employee advancement.
Just look a round
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2018
Provide customer care to insurance customers, listening attentively to promote the best service possible to each individual client.

Spanish speaking is a Must!
Clean and helpful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 4, 2018
Great typical days at work
Great service
Management cared for their customers/employees
Learned to manage a team
Hardest part was working until 6 pm
Lunch was good
most enojoyable part of the job
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Central, TXMay 31, 2018
my team mates awesome job was relaxed and stressed free u dont have to worry about any pressure and they understand emergencies and other family issues
low wages
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
be prepared to make $5 per hour less than all other insurance companies even as a manager. Hours are long and it is hard to get any days off. If you need to call in for an emergency they tell you it can wait and that they can maybe get you off tomorrow.
Fun
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at A-Max, however I did not see opportunity for advancement. The work environment could be a little stressful with the CEO's being directly involved with everything.
Productive, fast pace and competitive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
Very good company to work if you are a hard worker. Lots of opportunity to grow and make a career in insurance. Flexible hours to work and work with you during times you need them.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible and Good Pay
Cons
No 401k
Nice customer service
Lots of work
Good customers
Good hours
Helpful to your hours
not a tiring job cut extremely competitive.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
At first it was great but it didn't go as planned towards the end. My office manager was by far the best I've ever had, but the zone manager was not a humble man and discriminated based on looks. Every morning we received emails asking to over price customers in low income neighborhoods for our services and we would receiver an extremely low ( less than 1%) bonus at the end of the month compensating for our hard work and dedication for the entire month. The upper management is extremely un- professional treating this job like some form of high school with a ton of drama. I enjoyed my in office co workers.
Pros
They sponsor your insurance license and healthcare
Cons
upper management and overpricing
Wasn't the best job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2018
To work here you have to literally have no life what so ever. I was paid $9.00 hr , checks were terrible. Stop taking money, learn the job. Much love
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
Too much for one person, thats new to the field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-Max Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.