A-Max Insurance Employee Reviews

Productive and life challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Loved working there. Friendly environment, managers and co-workers attentive to employees on what they need help in learning the ways of insurance. Learn new skills.
Corporate Employee
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2018
No typical day is the same each day is a different challenge. During my tenor with the company I met and worked with some really great and unique people. Over time, I noticed they started leaving one by one and didn't quite understand why. As time progressed it was evident as to why the turnover rate is as high as it is and just a revolving door.
I firmly believe the management department needs serious looking into and either retrain or hire new management. The guidelines in which management wanted the department would vary from week to week. It didn't matter how good of a job you did, the feedback was always negative on the what could of's versus the good job.
What I learned from this company is too not believe into so much of what they tell you as it ends up being broken promise after broken promise. The pay is nothing short of a joke, management expected hourly employee's to work on weekends when they had salaried employee's for that but preferred the hourly employee's to do so. And if you finally agreed to it, you didn't get paid but rather a short day which never equaled to the work you put in.
The workplace culture was different but I never look into anything new with a negative attitude so I embraced the culture and understood some neat things.
The most enjoyable part of my job were the coworkers I worked along side with before they moved on. It is very evident that it isn't a "team" mentality but more of individuals covering their own tracks when mistakes they make happen and put if off on other employee's.
Choose what you decide to voice wisely as they expect
  more... you to hold up your end of the deal which was never a problem for me but on the other hand when it came time for management to hold up their end again it was broken promise after broken promise. The best way I can put management would be car salesmen mentality. Tell you everything you want to hear until you do it then it's smooth sailing for them and best of luck next time for you as their word could not be kept.
Overall, I think the company could have potential to grow bigger if they treat their employee's as they do their customers. When your employee's are being disrespected and talked down to but other offices for doing the correct thing, the only thing management did was say don't take it to heart or get used to it, very unprofessional. Your employee's dictate the success of your company so if you allow them to be talked down to and treated badly by other offices they are helping then don't be surprised when they don't want to perform at their potential because nobody cared enough to address those issues so the mentality always changed.
Pros
Met some great people who I now call friends
Cons
underpaid, expensive insurance, no 401k, and no sick days
Fun people
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2018
Managers have no respect for people’s emergencies and want you there even if the weather is bad and you can’t drive in it. I was in trouble for not making into the office in icy weather conditions
Great place to work! People and work environment was great.
Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2018
A day in A-Max was different everyday. You get to know your customers by interacting with them. I learned so much with A-Max by getting to know how each single Insurance have their own qualifications and requirements.
Pros
Once a year they would take us to Dave and Busters etc.
Cons
Not flexible with hours
Decent Job
CSR AGENT (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX Midland Tx Austin TxOctober 17, 2018
Worked in a few locations and your experience mostly depends on location along with your office staff. As you are not so much in touch with corporate.
Fast paced
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2018
Must know how to multi task because if you dont, this ain't the job for you. You will make changes through the phone and by person at the same time...
good job for someone who does not have family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
i worked with the company for almost 2 years at first everything was okay i enjoyed working, but the hours did not work out for me. I would have only one week off out of the week. I didn't enjoy my job after management changed. Hours are not family friendly there is no time to go out or have a lie outside of work. The only good thing i had was having an understanding manager who would work with me up until management go mad at her for allowing me to have a flexible schedule.
benefits
Cons
hours
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Great atmosphere, Management is Great, learning something new everyday, good commission, days off , great training, cool shirts to wear and we get to dress up 4 days of the week.
Nice if you have no life or children
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 9, 2018
You will always have other employees not coming in or quitting, leaving you in the situation where you will not be seeing very many days off aside from Sundays. You will also be required to clean up after everyone's typos and mistakes. Your commissions are only 5% of your agency fees, which should be more considering that you work so hard for a sale! No Christmas bonus, not very many perks to it all. Your best bet is staying an agent so that you can have the option of saying no to bouncing between offices and not getting time off.
Pros
Weekly paychecks
Cons
pay and management
csr agent
Sales CSR/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 6, 2018
I love working for the company. But too many hours. Need spend more time to myself and my children. The company really supportive and always willing help anything.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
too many hours
A day at Amax Auto Insurance
CSR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2018
My day at Amax Auto Insurance, well I would go in to Amax with a happy face, always with a happy face. I mostly exited about the sales and the customers coming in and they would love how I would treat them, with patience and respect and always answering there questions.
Pros
having one on one with my customers
Cons
my days off
Review
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy working for this company I really do, the way everything works its easy to learn and understand. There's always chances to move up as well. The only thing I dislike is the pay and commission. Other than that everything else is awesome.
supervisor and ran an office (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 21, 2018
On a daily basis I worked with 8 agents and made sure the customers were happy with the service. Did daily reports and made deposits to the bank. Had daily and monthly goals that were met.
Not flexible hours and unorganized management
Agent(call center)/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
When I started working, my only request was to have Saturdays off because of my religious beliefs and they agreed. I was never given one Saturday off.
Being a floater was not part of the initial agreement and they kept sending me from location to location, sometimes even 3 in the same week, without additional compensation.
I did learn a lot about customer service, sales, state laws, and working in different types of management within the company.
My best part of the job was making connections with people in upper levels, as well as customers. I enjoy meeting new people and helping in all that is in my legal power.
Over all I enjoyed working there for everything I was exposed to, growing my personality.
Pros
they accept people with little experience
Cons
expensive benefits
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
just in general is a great enviorment for this type of job field. The only thing that is not that great is the management but besides that it anyone that were to work will enjoy this field but most of all have a great experience.
Pros
benefits, raise, and flexability
Cons
Managment
Unlimited earning potential
SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
Flexible work schedules-two different shifts. Competitive hourly+commission-uncapped earning potential. Advancement opportunities-AMAX promotes from within and encourages employee advancement.
Just look a round
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2018
Provide customer care to insurance customers, listening attentively to promote the best service possible to each individual client.

Spanish speaking is a Must!
Clean and helpful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 4, 2018
Great typical days at work
Great service
Management cared for their customers/employees
Learned to manage a team
Hardest part was working until 6 pm
Lunch was good
most enojoyable part of the job
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Central, TXMay 31, 2018
my team mates awesome job was relaxed and stressed free u dont have to worry about any pressure and they understand emergencies and other family issues
low wages
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
be prepared to make $5 per hour less than all other insurance companies even as a manager. Hours are long and it is hard to get any days off. If you need to call in for an emergency they tell you it can wait and that they can maybe get you off tomorrow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-Max Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.