A-TEK Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Okay company
Business Requirements Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2018
The company offers really good benefits, and opportunities to grow your career with a great stipend for education/certs. Atek has a really good on boarding process and is a very tech savvy company. They use tech to handle everything, including your W2 which is a plus for tax time!

Be mindful to document any occurrences of conflict while on contract, especially if there is a difficult subcontractor. Get HR involved early. Don't solely depend on management. Also, make sure to stay on top of your manager to company your initial 90 day review and have it put in the system. Mgmt really dropped the ball on this one. The CEO has to do mucj better with her upper mgmt team. The company has turnover in this regard and they also need to do better with showing employees that they have their best interest at heart while on client. Employees deserve to know they are genuinely cared about.
Pros
benefits, remote/telecommute options, salary
Cons
management
Good Transitional Job
Event Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 4, 2017
If you want experience working in a government enivorment and want the opportunity to further your audio visual education, then this would be a good fit. As far as career advancement, it is hard to do so. The company itself does take care of its employees and the management is great. The work enviroemnt is relaxed.
It was a very productive and fast paced job.
Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Hampton, IAApril 9, 2017
working at A-Tek was a very great experience for me. I learned to be a team worker, a leader, and help people. I learned how to operate machinery and do basic cleaning duties. I worked with very nice people and got treated well.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Worked late a lot
A good fit
Developer/Programmer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 4, 2017
I'm working full time as a web developer for A-Tek on a contract with the federal government, meaning I get benefits and avoid the downside of contracting. Most employees work on-site elsewhere, so the main office in McLean/Tysons is quiet and productive. Management is fairly hands-off, a good place for self-starters. The work itself is a great match for my skill set.
Fair
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 16, 2016
Pleasant environment in the corp office. High turnover in Exec positions but overall nice place to work . Good medical Benefits

Want to know more about A-TEK?

Ask a question