A-V SERVICES INC. Employee Reviews

Featured review
A-V SERVICES INC. selected this as a representative review
Productive Workplace - Innovative Techology
Team Lead / Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 5, 2015
Contracted to JP Morgan Chase once they decided to create an in-house Multimedia Service Desk regarding their Global Telepresence (video-conferencing).

Provided foundation for L1 support and creation of proper documentation, support guide and implementation policy.

Team Lead experience provided increased input and development into Incident management and Problem management guidelines and policy. Working with all Departments assisted in the fine tuning and further clarification of policy.
Pros
Advanced Technology, Training
If you need a job fine
AV Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
Working at A-V services had it’s pros and cons. Depending on which company they hire you to tech for your experience could vary.

Pros were that I had the opportunity to work with top AV equipment and my schedule was consistent.

Cons well they often don’t give you the tools you need to succeed, but when you recommend the tools that you need they will take them “into advisement”. But don’t worry “management is here for you.” They always have an open door policy, but it’s funny when people that do not have favorable opinions don’t tend to have jobs in 30-60 days following said opinions. There are great benefits and a robust PTO plan, but you need to have a substitute at your position to get an approved day off, which is difficult when you work at a single technician site. Which leads to poor work life balance and tech burnout. Especially with some required site maintenance on weekends.

They have too many meetings and most of the time they forget what the meetings are even about and they have more processes than they know what to do with and once you understand the process it changes...
Pros
Steady Schedule, Good Benefits
Cons
Poorly Managed, inconsistent
The job was good, my manager was a miserable jerk
Purchasing Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJMay 1, 2018
Everyone was great to work with except my immediate supervisor. When I voiced that opinion to HR, she told my supervisor and he fired me for that reason. My supervisor forbid me to talk to any co-workers.
He was a miserable person that hated everyone that we worked with.
I regret losing that job. Co-workers were great people.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
my immediate supervisor was a jerk
Don’t work here
AC technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2018
Management does exist on site. They constantly ask the stupidest questions and expect you to keep them updated at all hours of the day. If you’re a trailblazer and disrupter, you don’t belong. If you’re the status quo and do everything by the book, you’re welcome in the family.
Pros
Normal job hours
Cons
Nasty emails from managers, non existant support, must figure everything out yourself.
It's another AV company
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJApril 15, 2018
Left because of the shop manager. He was very unprofessional, lack leadership skills, always on E-bay or some internet site and if you are not his friend, you don't get treated fairly. Most techs in this shop lack the knowledge to be techs. I had to always pick up their slack in the shop and out in the field... Not fun.
Pros
401k, Health Benefits
Cons
Management, pay rate and yearly raises ($.50) (laughable).
Good
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Employees of AV Services can’t stop raving about the company’s culture. Rooftop meetings, friendly coworkers and a team-oriented environment in which each person is motivated by the company’s goals have inspired that praise.

Employees can also expect free meals at the headquarters, along with yoga classes and unlimited vacations for some. These and many other perks are not unheard of in the startup world.

Employees can’t stop talking about how they love working with other smart people. Workers rave about being part of a company that is doing something that matters in the world, and there is a sense that no one leaves until the work gets done.
Pros
good people
Cons
hours
Great place to work!
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 16, 2017
Great place to work! I enjoy coming to work everyday. The office environment is productive and fun. Everyone here is willing to help in any way that is needed and at times go above and beyond. I've been promoted two times in the six years that I have been here. Each time I needed some additional help getting up to speed and they were patient and took the time to help me succeed. I am proud to work for this company. I am proof that they look to advance employees from within. One of many benefits, I and each employee here have (ESOP) Employee Stock Ownership Plan that I will be able to collect on when I reach retirement. I could write so much more. If your ever in need of a job and can get hired here, I would!
A-V Services
Audio-Visual Multimedia Specialist, AV Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2017
Interesting workplace and opportunity to learn. Limitation on working hours due to client scheduling. There are some changes required based on clientele needs.
Pros
Locality
Cons
work hourus
Enjoyable work environment
Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Although my time was short at AVS I enjoyed working with the people in the company. Theres a real family atmosphere but they need to put their best techs on the big jobs.
Pros
401k plan
proceed with caution
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2013
Get everything in writing and verify accuracy of information & offer before accepting any position.
A-V Services is absentee management at it's finest, as they hire locals to service clients while they "manage" from New Jersey. No site visits are made to the physical workplace by AVS representatives. Management's knowledge of work environment is severely lacking. There is no accurate, clear or defined understanding of the client's expectations - or if there is, management refuses to disseminate this information to employees.
Although Facilities Maintenance, Catering & Convention Services, and IT workstation installation experience is not required for any of the job descriptions I've seen, these tasks are a regular part of an A-V Services tech's daily grind.

Just be sure you know what you're getting into before you jump on board!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
absentee management, undefined job responsibilities, downtown parking fee$