A + Athletics

Working at A + Athletics: 4 Reviews

United States4 reviews

Confrontational owner

Place is great, owner does not know how to interact with staff very well. He is a smart and somewhat nice person, just comes off as angry and disappointed all the time. Staff was intimidated by the owner. Overall a good place to work.

Pros

Fun working with kids

Cons

Owner doesn’t leave a great impression but manageable to be around.

Great starter job

The owner/manager is a great gymnastics coach and is great at making drills and breaking down skills. However, when it comes to running a business it is a bit of a mess. Our paychecks would be late, hours would not be correct and sometimes we would get hand written checks instead of a normal business check. Hopefully he has some better management since I worked there. The gym is very clean and in a great location though.

Fun environment and very educational

The kids were great but the teaching was not to my standard. Very unorganized but a fun job to have. The people who worked their were amazing and it got better but too disorganized with planning and their payroll.

Hands down a great gym to work for

The owner knows how to run a gym, and is very professional and mature about it. The classes were great, the kids were great, most of the staff was great. I was full time, got a lot of extra hours if I needed them. If I didn't have a baby sitter for a few hours, my boss let me bring in my step son to the gym and hang out until his dad got there. It was really nice.

Pros

great atmosphere

Cons

i had to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A + Athletics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits