A Austin Enterprises SP for DHL Express

Working at A Austin Enterprises SP for DHL Express: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

The harder you work, the greater the work load

AAustin is a company that would pretty much hire just about anyone who was able to operate a cargo van. I ran a route out of Lexington Kentucky to eastern Kentucky/West Virginia region, extremely long hours with deliveries and pick ups. The pay is horrible, but the overtime is definitely there. Huge turnover rate. The presence of nepotism/favoritism is real in the Lexington location. Beware of you're a honest hard worker, they'll pile more routes/packages on you! You've been warned.The pros: flexible with schedule if you're firm on taking off. Cons: DriveWyze driver facing cameras, bad equipment, extremely lazy management including DHL onsite personnel are lazy.

Pros

Somewhat flexible with schedule NOT MUCH though

Cons

Hard workers carry the load, low pay, nanny cams

Poor management

Easiest job I've ever worked but the drama reminds me of high school with poor management. If you take a day off need a day off, expect to be "punished" the following day. Management cares more about themselves then their employees.

A Austin Enterprises SP for DHL Express insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Management couldn’t possibly be worse

Awesome place if it wasn’t for management and low pay…. Workers are treated badly at this office some people talked to like dogs will hire anyone to work there

Our crew is excellent group of people.

We care about each other and do our best to help each other out. The job has its difficulties, but they are small for this level of employment. Overall it is the best job I have had, I love coming in to work. The only real downside is the pay and benefits are lower than average. The plus side is there is no micromanaging. You learn your job and if you need help it is right there with a phone call, but otherwise you are left alone to work how you see fit.

It has its ups and downs. Unfortunately, the "downs" won.

I was hired to fulfill orders for shipping supplies, ordered by small businesses and corporations all over the United States. These orders ranged from a few document folders, to a pallet of individually wrapped 30lbs bundles of cardboard boxes taller than my head. The workload was always overwhelmingly large, or so small that it wasn't worth the drive.Supervision was minimal. Nobody seemed to care when I arrived or when I left as long as some work got done. I enjoyed this, but really that's it. Drivers did not have this same luxury. My manager was very nice and enjoyable to be around, but my department was treated as negligible unless there was a situation that was impossible to ignore. Nearly 4 years in, I finally became overwhelmed. There were just too many orders, and I was a part-time worker. I was alone and any "help" I had was borrowed from other departments or sent to them. there was no one else in my department full-time, no matter what their job description says on paper.I streamlined the job, turning a sloppy routine into a vastly more efficient process that everyone could benefit from. My reward for this? More orders. I ask you, what's the point?

The supervisors do not know how to address the employees and feel that they can talk to anyone any kind of way

The supervisors need to be fired and fresh supervisors who are there for the employees need to be hired. If you get sick, you can't call off. But if you have pets that get sick, you can take off for that

Family atmosphere and fun place to work

While the hours are long there is no better place I’d rather work the family atmosphere that is provided truly starts from top to bottom. Management is very knowledgeable on proper procedures and if they don’t know the answer right then they will get it to you in a timely fashion. The best part about this job is actually getting out there and being your own boss you come in get your route load your packages and hit the road.

Pros

Be your own boss

Long Hours Low Pay

Its fun to get out there and drive and deliver packages but the pay for work provided is not sufficient. Raises are few and far between and you only get a week of vacation that never increases no matter how long you work there.

Pros

On you own no boss looking over shoulder

Cons

Long hours during peak season bad pay

Horrible company

They do not care about the employees! Management is horrible they treat the employees like trash! The trucks are horrible and are always breaking down

Pros

Cons

Horrible overall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Austin Enterprises SP for DHL Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits