A Better Today Recovery Services Employee Reviews

It was the best yet worst job I've ever had. The actual job itself was wonderful. The management and employees, not so much.
Client support staff (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 28, 2019
There's too much drama amongst employees. There is a huge need of better balance between employees that are and are not in recovery. Also a HUGE lack of communication and unprofessionalism with management. Alot of favoritism as well. Good experience to have on your resume, that's about it.
great place
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2019
it was an awesome caring company I worked for. if I didn't have to relocate its a place I would retire from. It cared for its patients, they provided group and individual counseling, outside 12 step meetings and peer counseling. The staff and management were very nice and helpful. I loved caring for the patients.
It’s fun yet stressful environment but the employees are dope
Client Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2019
I love working there sometimes I be over the job. Great work experience. You have to be head strong to work here and very dependable. The operational manager is cool. But won’t take no mess.
Decent Place
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2018
The management was incompetent. I believe this is why the place shut down its Las Vegas location. Really enjoyed working with the clients and other staff.
Pros
Starbucks Coffee machine.
Cons
"Pass the buck" mentality amongst management.
I was sad that they removed my position.
Case Manager, Client Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 17, 2018
I was sad that they removed my position. My boss was amazing. I was happy there. I learned a lot of different skills in my life that I would be able to use.
Fun atmosphere. Rewarding job
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 13, 2018
Management is awesome. Easy to get a long with. No micromanaging, no favoritism. This is an amazing job if you like helping people struggling with addiction
Pros
Management is amazing. The cause is noble. The hours are good
Cons
Emotionally draining.
Overall fun place to work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Fun place to work with clients. Management culture has become very Draconian in the last year. Uses the threat "we are going to write you up" a lot. Demoralizing to employees.
Pros
Working with clients is awesome
Cons
Draconian management
Unethical, Lacking Clinical Judgement
House Manager (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleSeptember 15, 2018
Upper management allow friends and family to receive treatment. Decisions and favoritism provided to them and not afforded to others. Ethics missing!!
Pros
Good place to start and learn
Cons
Lacks appropriate clinical supervision
Loved this job until they closed right before xmas with one wk notice
Lead Chemical Dependency Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2018
Love this job until lateral promotion with no increased pay or training. Asked several times for assistance and was not given any. The agency closed in December and gave employees one week's notice with option to move to Arizona to continue employment.
House manager
House Manager/SupervisorHouse manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2018
Was able to be employed for this company for just short of the year, I enjoyed working with patients giving back and showing others what recovery can do. I love to help people change their life and to a positive direction.
Gratifying and an opportunity to learn
Intake Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 23, 2018
A typical day for me is speaking to families and clients who wish to get help.
I have learned about many systems and about the ins and outs of how insurance works.
My direct supervisor is great and has taught me many things. I have also been able to grow within the company.
The culture in intake is very fast paced and intense, which I thrive on.
The hardest part of the job is change. Working in substance abuse and mental health treatment, there are always new modalities and evidence to learn. We are a growing company and that can have challenges as well.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing first hand that what we do is making a positive impact in people's lives.
Pros
Thought provoking, fast paced, spiritually gratifying, room for advancement
Cons
Growing pains
bad patient houseing
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 9, 2018
high stress dealing with patients that are combative, confrontational and unwilling to follow rules. some are willing to make changes in their lives and slowly start to work a program of recovery and that is when I felt I was making a difference. the good part!
Pros
good hours and great friendships
Cons
stress
Review
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2018
On a typical day I would clock and go to work during normal business hours and I would clock out for lunch time and go get some coffee or other tasty treats wherever i wished.
Pros
coffee
Cons
grumpy
Not Recommeded
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2018
In the year that I was employed with ABTRS, it was constant chaos from upper management and inconsistency. Their treatment of their staff is deplorable. My experience there was awful to put it mildly. This is not a company I would recommend for employment or substance abuse treatment. If I was able to give it less than one star, I would.
Pros
direct care co-workers
Cons
management
I worked overnight
House manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 27, 2017
I'd prefer to not say.I did not have a good experience working or this company. I quit after working there a few months due to a safety issue that was not taken into consideration nor my feelings or emotions.
Difficult and Negative Upper Management
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 26, 2017
The staff is very caring and the patient population is great to work with - the upper management is incredibly disorganized and is not supportive of clinical staff. The core of the programming is solid but the execution and organization is just not there.
Pros
Co-workers, client contact
Cons
A growing company with some opportunities for movement
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 15, 2017
This is a growing company and with that comes a lot of changes. If you want to grow and learn these type of situations are a good venue for creative freedom.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Unorganized management and lack of executive leadership
High School Clicks
Client Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 13, 2017
If you are in with the in crowd you will get special treatment if not you will see it. Management hangs out with certain people outside of business hours and no surprise those people get raises and better positions. The work is rewarding most of the time and you build strong relationships with those clients in the program.
Pros
clients
Cons
managment
Relaxed environment
SEO Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 16, 2017
Work with schedule for school and are very flexible. The environment can be stressful at times with personalities and drama floating around the office. Overall, an easy job.
Wonderful place to work
Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 13, 2017
A wonderful company to work for who really cares about the employee and the clients that they serve.They are dedicated to helping people overcome their addictions.
Pros
great supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Better Today Recovery Services. Our community is ready to answer.

A Better Today Recovery Services Reviews by Location