A Better Today Recovery Services

A Better Today Recovery Services Employee Reviews

I worked overnight
House manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 27, 2017
I'd prefer to not say.I did not have a good experience working or this company. I quit after working there a few months due to a safety issue that was not taken into consideration nor my feelings or emotions.
Difficult and Negative Upper Management
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 26, 2017
The staff is very caring and the patient population is great to work with - the upper management is incredibly disorganized and is not supportive of clinical staff. The core of the programming is solid but the execution and organization is just not there.
Pros
Co-workers, client contact
High School Clicks
Client Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 13, 2017
If you are in with the in crowd you will get special treatment if not you will see it. Management hangs out with certain people outside of business hours and no surprise those people get raises and better positions. The work is rewarding most of the time and you build strong relationships with those clients in the program.
Pros
clients
Cons
managment
Relaxed environment
SEO Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 16, 2017
Work with schedule for school and are very flexible. The environment can be stressful at times with personalities and drama floating around the office. Overall, an easy job.
Wonderful place to work
Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 13, 2017
A wonderful company to work for who really cares about the employee and the clients that they serve.They are dedicated to helping people overcome their addictions.
Pros
great supervisors
Great people
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2017
I love working with the clients and my coworkers as well. The job was stressful at times but overall was relaxed. I always wanted to be at work and loved my job.
A growing company geared to help people with substance abuse change for the better.
Life Coach, Hypnotherapist, BHT, Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 10, 2017
A Better Today was having some growth experiences when I worked there. They have since continued to grow and have become very competitive in the substance abuse treatment industry. The company can help you change your life.
Fun and rewarding
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 15, 2017
The RC is the place to work. People are awesome and its more client interaction. has its challenging days because of the field but the amount of people you touch in life is irreplaceable
nge lives
Client Support Staff (Former Employee) –  scottsdale arizonaJuly 10, 2017
The most enjoyable part f my job was working with the clients and being able to share my experience strength and hope with them and making a difference in their lives.A typical day at work for me was doing shift exchange doing client interactions on how their over all day was helping pass out medication doing unit searches doing a perimeter checks doing bed checks and then light house keeping making beds house laundry and also doing my shift report n each client on my track.The hardest part of my job was graveyard shift.
Pros
working with clients
Cons
graveyard and need more pay
Job helping better clients lives
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2017
It was a great experience working at A Better Today, helping clients conquor their demands with drug and alcohol abuse. The only drawback of this job was the emotion baggage that comes home sometimes after weeks long work.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Insurance
The best job I've ever had.
Social Media Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 18, 2017
I loved my work, and everyone that worked there. I had my work explained to me and they let me do my work and left me alone most of the day. The people there are all sweet and I would love to work with them again. The hardest part of the job was that we were dealing with people battling addiction, and watching them fail was the hardest, because you wanted them to succeed. The best part of the job was my co workers. Some of them are my great friends still.
objective
Primay Counselor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work was completing intake, facilitating groups and individuals sessions with clients, counseling individuals suffering form different lift experiences. i learned each individual had an out dated coping skill that wasn't working for them any more. i was the only one working in the office. the hardest part of the job was trying to convince the clients that they had the power to receive positive results. the most enjoyable moments was seeing them graduate the program with confidence.
Pros
Helping individuals in crisis
Cons
Traveling
Poor Marketing Management
Project Manager & Audio/Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 11, 2017
Ultimately, I left the Company due to poor management in the marketing department.

The company's goals and outlook were clear and easy to follow but unfortunately the Marketing Head's in-experience and lack of leadership skills was a large factor in my resignation.
Good program, complicated work environment.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AXOctober 5, 2016
Direct care staff were great, but overall the environment was unsupportive. Company is growing resulting in ongoing changes and disorganization, which hopefully will resolve soon. While there are some excellent individual staff, I would not recommended this company based on my experience there. However, you might have a better experience, and there is a large number of clients needing help.
Pros
lots of clients to work with
Cons
disorganized, poor benefits, stress
Good but no upward mobility
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 6, 2016
Loved this job, great managers, great work, but I'm having a child and need a better paycheck. I had a good relationship with my coworkers and had fun with my assignments. I also learned a great deal about the field of addiction recovery.
Ua Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2016
Great place to work friendly environment. Solid team great communication between departments and the client always comes first.
Always learning new tools
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2016
How to communicate effectively and work independently. Working with clients from around the world for a same common goal, not to use ever again.
Pros
Meeting new people and helping them with a new way of life.
Cons
Na
Call Screener
Call screener (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2016
I work in a very fast paced environment. People are very friendly. Management is absolutely wonderful. I've learned while working for ABT is that successful people have goals, but even if you have a career or are already in a professional position. A career is one of the most important things in your life, and with the properly planned career and career goals, you will be able to achieve what you want from your career in the most efficient way possible.
Pros
Helping other addicts
Cons
Not working weekends
Young company.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2015
I was part of the ground level growth that was a painful but beneficial. There are infrastructure dynamics that will take time to fix.
Professional and goal driven
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2015
Wonderful place to work! The best people you can find working in the recovery field. Emphasis on employee development and advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Better Today Recovery Services. Our community is ready to answer.

A Better Today Recovery Services Reviews by Location