A Better Way Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work!
Director of QA and Training Operations (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 16, 2018
Because of A Better Way, I was able to advance my career that no other place allowed. An incredible place to work, great benefits, supportive management, and family style approach. I miss it everyday!
Productive fun place to work
Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 23, 2018
ARS offers services to high risk families that are being evaluated by Family and Children services in Alameda County. A lot of on site training and hands on experience. Great place to work!
Best place ever to work.
Resident Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33127May 21, 2018
My time at A Better Way of Miami was the best time of my life. Even though I was not paid much, and did not get much hours, I still enjoyed helping the residents that lived there.
Productive workplace. Great learning enviornment
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2018
This was a great place to work. I gather my hours for MFT licensure. I would highly recommend working there if someone is working towards licensure for the MFT or LCSW
Great job, but stressful
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 23, 2018
Pros: Great clients, great experience, amazing co-workers, good support in training and supervision. Cons: lots of driving, difficult to advance, billing pressure.
Productive and supportive environment
School-Based Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 6, 2018
Excellent non-profit with great training options. Very positive workplace and great professional colleagues. Diverse professional opportunities and validating management style.
Pros
Training
Cons
stressful environment in some settings
Productive and fun place to work
Mental Health Clinician II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Competitive and fun place to work. Great clinical experience. If needing clinical hours and supervision this would be a great start. If you enjoy working with children this would be a rewarding experience.
I love working for A better way
Parent Partner (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 3, 2017
I can't say anything negative about this program. They are considerate and empathetic to employees lives as it pertains the working relationship with our families. My only concern is the low wage paid to the family advocates.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Low Wages
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 8, 2017
A Better Way empowers children and families to develop the insights, life skills, and permanent relationships that promote their social, emotional, educational and economic well- being.
Very unprofessional work enviornment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 13, 2017
This company is very unprofessional. I was brought in to help with the HR department, which turned into me running the whole department without receiving the compensation for it. There was no way to implement positiver and professional change within the organization, due to the CEO not respecting and undermining the employees that she put in place to make the organization better, and continuing to want to run the organization as the small company that it started as.
Pros
There are none
easy outgoing position
Parent Partner (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 3, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. My only problem was the supervisor. She never took responsibility for her actions. She supervised me and when thing went down hill she would use it to her advantage. When the discrepancy was taken to the next level there was always a repercussion. How can you work for someone you cant trust and who was fired from her last job for the same thing.
Pros
clients were great
Cons
management sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Better Way. Our community is ready to answer.