A Finishing Touch

Working at A Finishing Touch: 11 Reviews

United States11 reviews

Stressful and must work blind

Company had no structure or procedures for new employees to follow do the work correctly. Quantity over Quality was the main goal, and customer complaints did not matter.

Pros

Employees were great to work with.

Cons

Owner of company

positive and motivating

Very family oriented company . Always understood if I had to miss a day for my kids. Occasionally got to work from home. I received several raises while employed here.

Pros

great people

A Finishing Touch insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness

Poor poor poor

A literal sweatshop CEO could care less says made in the USA on tag but ... i took off the made in China stickers run run as fast as you can away from this place

One of the worse companies I've ever worked for period

If it was up to me I'd tell you to stay away, but if you need a job the work is interesting and outside of the owner people can be nice as pie but you have to deal with the owner like it or not mostly not on a day to day bases and she does yell like you are a child so unprofessional it isn't funny that for me is a no no can't work here.

Pros

they do good work

Cons

The owner has got some deep issues and the staff gets the bunt of it.

It was a good job if you like to clean

I only worked the job because my aunt owned the company. However, I can say that she was an excellent boss, who puts up with a lot of stuff and is still able to treat workers fairly.

Not Good

The owner of this company did not inspire employees but belittled them. She never gave raises only when it benefited her furthering her own agenda, not based on merits. Some had worked there 7 years and had never received a raise of any kind. Employees never spent one minute taking a break which was state law but was never to be enforced due to worry of being fired if you were to do so

Pros

Very busy place, days went by fast

Cons

No benefits to working there

It made me happy to work there.

A typical day at work was very routine, smooth, and organized. It was always planned in advance. I learned to imper vise, figure out ways to accomplish what I needed to get done for the patient. That meant that I had to be patient, pay close attention, and listen carefully. I managed my time well with getting each task done and moving on to the next. Time always went by fast because I loved staying busy. The workplace culture was easy, comfortable, and very peaceful. It was nice to hear about so many different times in their history. The hardest part of the job was being strong for the client when they were in pain, but I reassured them I was going to be there to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I will always remember it. That was truly a once in a life time experience and some really good people.

Pros

I really enjoyed the companionship and the activities because we had a lot in common.

Cons

Remembering the patients medicine and food allergies. Food had to be specially prepared.

Hate this company

Before working at AFT i never knew what it was like to work in a slave shop. Managers do not let you talk and you have to stand up your whole shift. Many days we would open the garage door because the manager did not want to turn up the air.

Pros

Close to my house

Product Development

Communication skills from department to department were poor. I wanted to make new product not asked to copy what I saw on the internet.

Pros

Making new product

Cons

Communication between departments

A nice place to work but not enough hours.

Good for temporary and student only. No breaks, small break room,no vending machines, you can make your own hours, no drug test taken before you start work there,

Busy but always productive

The thing I liked most about this job is that, since it is a small company, all of the employees knew each other very well. I was trained in 3 different departments and found it interesting to learn how each of those departments affected our shipments and our orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Finishing Touch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits