A Forever Recovery Employee Reviews

enjoyable and competitive place to work
security office (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 22, 2019
This has been a very enjoyable and rewarding place for me to work thus far and I have been here a little over a year now. I started out as a security officer and have been able to advance already. Mt fellow employees are enjoyable to work with and I feel that we are all treated equally. Management is great and they care about you and always make themselves available to you if issues arise or if you are unhappy about any certain situation. They offer competitive pay and vacation time. They are very understanding about your family appointments they may come up. All in all I find this a well rounded company to work for.
Pros
great staff
Terrible Pay, management gossip, better hope they like you.
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 31, 2018
The hours aren't bad, they do not offer overtime, you will be wrote up if you get overtime. If management likes you, your golden, if they do not, you should look for a different job. You get paid the same as a McDonald worker, but yet have very important job duties that help the owners suck peoples insurance and get rich. No benefits, $7 for a meal that cost them 50 cents to make. Vacation time is terrible. Pay is absolutely terrible. Unfair treatment depending on who you are, staff or clients.
Pros
Help clients, feel satisfied.
Cons
Pretty much everything.
No upward movement
Withdrawal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 7, 2018
The company is disorganized and treats hard working employees unfairly. There is rarely opportunity for position change with a raise and there are no benefits.
Good, upbeat place to work.
Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 11, 2018
A Forever Recovery has been a great place to work. I get along well with most of the other employees which makes the work day much nicer. There's a lot to do there, a lot of people that go through rehab so there's always something that needs to be done or someone that needs help. It's good though. When I get home at the end of the day I know I helped people that day. The hardest part of the job is working with clients who aren't as happy to be there. Some change their minds a couple weeks in and we have to work with them to help them see that it's in their best interest to stay. That's always hard because you don't want to see people leave the facility when you know that it's likely they'll end up using again. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching people graduate from the program. You know you made a difference in their lives and it's a pretty great feeling. I also love hearing about them doing well when they go home. I like knowing that going to AFR really did change their life.
Pros
Getting to help people.
Cons
Hours can be long sometimes.
Fun and good place to learn
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 2, 2018
Yes great place to work I miss them all but one whom in my opinion has lost them good employees but the rest of the staff are awesome and the patients are great good people
Pros
Advancement
Cons
One, non understanding to a very serious emergency
Clients are awesome everyone else sucks
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 20, 2018
They claim they aren’t Scientology but they definitely are on a very fine line of being a place of Scientology. They play favorites. And the building is haunted. No wonder they have such a high turnover rate for security... under paid and under appreciated.
Cons
$7 if you want to eat a meal, upper management is rude
The work culture is hostile.
Christian Counselor (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 12, 2018
Although most employees do not stay long, a majority of them are hostile and willing to cut-throat each other for validation from management and for their own personal self-advancement: Overall, it is a very immature and unstable work environment.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Too many to list! Everyone leaves after a short period.
fun workplace
cook/gym facilitator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 6, 2018
this was a good job, I worked in the kitchen for a year as a cook then got transferred to gym as a gym facilitator. main reason I left was to search for better opprotunities.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
low advancement opprotunities
Development And Growth
WITHDRAW ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 15, 2018
AFR is all about growth and development not only for the patients but for the staff. The culture is diverse and allows you to be open to all diversities. Everyday presents a new challenge with handling patients wants and needs. A supportive encouraging staff is always present at AFR. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a patients life change for the better. To see growth within someone and to know you helped achieve that is something indescribable.
A nice place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 4, 2018
You have a very rewarding job at A Forever Recovery. Your able to assist people who are unable to help themselves. You can move up in the company very fast. You are able to help others in form of group therapy, one-on-ones and maintaining contact with support system.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
lack of benefits
very stressful
Withdrawal specialist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 27, 2018
unfair pay, overstaffed at time and not enough work to keep busy all day. Working with the clients can be very rewarding. Management very unprofessional.
High turnover rate, no advancement
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Would not work here. They don't value you as an employee, there is no job advancement or pay increases. Does not allow over time even when needed. There is no set breaks and management is inconsistent. The blind leading the blind.
Pros
Set schedule, meet some really great people
Cons
No breaks, no pay increase, no benefits, no job advancement, high turnover rate with employees
Horrible Place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 11, 2018
This company is shady low pay Security has no authority at all fly by rules are made on a daily basis client are treated like garbage just like the employees cheif of security sets bad examples for other security staff and has committed harassment on several female security officers.
Pros
Cons
Upper management is bad and shady.
Rewarding
Withdraw Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MichiganNovember 9, 2017
A Forever Recovery is great place to work. It is a rewarding place. You see the patients grow and overcome their addiction. The work can be stressful at times. We have our busy days, but we also have days that are slow. Most of the staff is very nice and helpful. Management, for the most part, is rude. I have had no problems with any patients coming through the program. The facility is old but it's meant to look abandoned for privacy purposes. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, staff, busy
Cons
No benefits, no paid time off
Unethical place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 7, 2017
Upper management bends rule when they see fit, especially when it comes to giving patients meds. If you do not do what they tell you than you will be written up or fired even if it the patient should not received an additional dose. They require you to chart on patients regardless if you see them or not. If you have any kind of license i would NOT work here. However, seeing the patients go thru each transition of recovery is amazing.
Pros
Work 3x per week
Cons
No breaks, upper management has no communication skills or experience, no paid time off, no benefits
Awful and ran by ammatures
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2017
This is the worst place to work on the entire planet, there policies change by the day, no over time pay, no holiday pay, no vacation time, they told me I was to have 10 dollars an hour and they paid me 9 dollars an hour, in my opinion do not and I repeat do not work there.
Pros
Some nice employees and clients
Cons
Low pay. No vacation time. No sick days.
Opportunity to Do Something Worthwhile
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 12, 2017
Busy company to work with. Never dull. Always something going on and the environment is busy and staff is nice. I like working because it had a lot of interaction with people. I don't like to be still too much. The company is easy to work with and I am glad I was given this opportunity.
Pros
Environment
Not busy if on night shift
Security and counsoler (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 29, 2017
in the day , the clients are awake and gong into there counseling sessions , break at noon for lunch then back to the rooms for more counseling , then dinner and free time, which was busy due to clients can walk off grounds . security had to keep moving to make sure clients were not leaving do to this facility is too close to the residents .
Pros
meet and help people
Cons
no breaks
This Place was Great I Like the BUSY Environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 28, 2017
I tend to like to work a job that is not monotonous and boring day to day. I have so many good things to say because for me I like a busy environment and the way things worked there kept me busy and upbeat and made the days go by quickly. I really liked the people and they are not uptight. You will do well if you do what you are supposed to do like any job out there. You also need to be really a good self starter there is not a lot of hand holding because you will be trained and trained well. But they will like it if you have a question to ask it so you get what you need to done right. I really liked working here and I am so glad to have been a part of this company. I hope that I can go at it again if I ever need to work there again. But I had changes in my life that required me to make changes. Not company related but personal because other than that I would still be there working today.
Pros
Environment
Great Place to Work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 16, 2017
I have worked at AFR going on 3 years now and love working here. It is fast paced but I like that. My fellow workers care about the work that we do and are also a blast to work with. There is room to move and grow with this company (I've been promoted twice now).
Pros
great people to work with. great management. room to expand with company.
Cons
can at times be a stressful environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Forever Recovery. Our community is ready to answer.

A Forever Recovery Reviews by Location