A is for Apple, Inc. Employee Reviews

Behavioral technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 6, 2018
Was promised advancement and after a year nothing. Serious lack of respect and communication from upper management. Had incidents where supervisors didn't respond appropriately. If you're looking for hours, expect to wait a long time before recieving any.
They will give you a strike any time you call out too.
We were given a raise then it was taken away. Several people fired and management changes that no one will mention.
Great families but not worth the stress.
Pros
Families
Cons
No advancement, no paid vacation
Rbt
Registered Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 4, 2018
Lack of communication with upper management. They gave us a pay raise to help techs with income for this area and then took the pay raise down within 2 weeks. The company was bought out and no notice was sent to techs. The company made changes without sending out emails to let employees know of the changes. Vacation time is really hard to come by and it is unpaid. If you call out sick you get a strike even if you use your built up sick hours.
Pros
Kids are great
Cons
Upper management lack of communication and vacation/sick time
Fun work place
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 13, 2018
Very fun work place stressful due to overlap reports etc was fun enjoyed working with my kids loved to go out with kids and do fun activities coming to there home and working with them was hard when senior tech or supervisor would come out very stressful overall good job
Pros
Rto and 401 k
Cons
Can't cancel get strikes get written up never have personal time for self
child environment
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 20, 2017
management needs improvement, but you are able to move forward in departments with minimal education. Management was very unprofessional but did give opportunity to improve
Not recommendable
Applied Behavioral Analysis Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 14, 2017
ABA Technicians were paid based on sessions served. Company does not have a stable 40 hour work week. Does not offer paid holidays and vacation, only allows 24 hours of sick leave per year
Pros
Cons
same as review
The management do not have any respect to people who works with
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAAugust 12, 2017
I do like my job and the reason I left my job because I moved to new place but in general, the company I worked was private and the manager does not care about employ that much. I have never met other people I worked with them. I just worked with client and I did not have opportunity to meet other people or share our experience and learn more. I 've never met my manager after she employed me or get any email about how I felt or check on me in general. She was not supportive or even care about improving the company
Pros
new experience and new skills
Cons
Not supportive or provide good manager
A Productive and Fun Workplace
Fax
Ring Central
Ergonomically correct keyboard
3X Data Entry

Could get up and go for a walk when I pleased.
Could bring kids or dogs to work.
Could eat at my desk.
Could listen to my phone with headphones.
Pros
Free Coffee, Donuts once in a while, lunches, company potlucks
Cons
Small work place, lots of destraction
Work with kids
Child Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 22, 2017
You will work 1-on-1 with children on the autism spectrum to mold their behaviors and teach them skills to become self-sufficient in society. You will also correct any maladaptive behaviors they may have. Most of the time though, you are just playing with the kid and having fun.
rewarding job
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Doing sessions with kids and be able to see improvement each day is such a wonderful feeling. You go there to help them but at the same time you learn a lot from them. You learn how to be patient and understand their needs. Helping parents learn techniques so they can apply them when technicians are not there. I love what I do.
Pros
milage
Cons
not very good comunication
Very Difficult Staffing
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 29, 2016
This company is always changing polices. At least one every two weeks. It is so hard to get in contact with any scheduling staff and you dont get that much hours to work.
Great families and rewarding work but horrible management
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 11, 2016
Working with young children showing development delays and their families can be difficult at times but looking at the bigger picture, this type of work is very rewarding. This job allows you to meet exceptional families with diverse backgrounds all over Santa Clara County. If the CEO and some of management showed more respect and appreciation to the workers this review would have been higher, but that is not the case.

The company does try at times to be better but time and time again FAILS to. I carry much respect for the families, supervisors, senior technicians, some BCBA's, IT and of course the hard working behavior technicians but with little respect for higher management the whole company crumbles in my eyes. Management only cares about management, saving their own behinds and making a profit off of a vulnerable population.
Pros
Great families, Autism awareness, adorable and smart kiddos, experienced supervisors and senior techs, ABA knowledge and experience, average pay
Cons
Burn out, high turnover rate, disorganized, selfish management, low morale, health risks, no holiday or vacation pay for BT's, expensive reinforcement bag to maintain child’s interest, low pay for degree holders, stressful drive time
Great families and rewarding work but horrible management
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 11, 2016

The company does try at times to be better but time and time again fails to. I carry much respect for the families, supervisors, senior technicians, some BCBA's, IT and of course the hard working behavior technicians but with little respect for higher management the whole company crumbles in my eyes. Management only cares about management, saving their own behinds and making a profit off of a vulnerable population.

This review could continue on, some of the stories I could tell could anger any potential employee and call for law-suit after law-suit but I will end this review now and let karma deal with this company.
Pretty Cool
Certified ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, CADecember 11, 2015
The place offers great trainings. management is overworked. they do provide toys which is very helpful. company tries to listen to the employees which is great.
Helping autistic and disabled children
None (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 2, 2015
The employees are amazing!! Everyone is smart and fun to work with. Eating and pot lucks all the time! Seeing children improve.
Pros
Casual Dress, pets allowed
Great experiencce for a college student
Early Intervention Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2015
The typical work day for the majority of staff here (aba therapists) involves driving to clients homes, conducting aba therapy, and then heading off to another client. The work is 1:1, so there isn't much interaction with team members or other coworkers. Most therapists see 2-3 clients per day.

While this was a great place to get hands on experience in the field of mental health, the work itself was often very draining and required full energy both mentally and physically.

The management, while improving, was challenging for many therapists and other employees to work under. Some of the supervisors are very professional, respectful, and enjoyable to work with while others are not.

Overall, if you're looking to get experience in the mental health field, are looking to make a little more money than most aba companies pay, and want to make a positive, long-term difference in the lives young children and their families, this could be a good opportunity.
Pros
Good experiece & pay (for the field). Meaningful work
Cons
Challenging work, not much room for advancement (without a masters)
provide therapy to children in need
ABA Therapist/Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 24, 2015
ABA therapists need to be available from 8:00am to 6:00pm, therapy sessions are two hours in length. Full time is considered to be working 30 hours (3 sessions a day). Company is doing well and supports a great cause in helping children in need of therapy services. However, they do not offer sick or vacation time, no paid holidays and no raises which is difficult in this economy. Workers want to know they are doing well and one way of doing this is to offer 1-2 raises per year. I have learned DTT, PRT, behavior plan implementation, and many useful and interesting things that is needed to work with children and their families. Overall, the job is incredibly enjoyable, especially being able to see the children grow and develop. The hardest part of the job is having parents who are not consistent or do not follow program/behavior plans as well as some behaviors such as hair pulling and biting. The company does not offer the opportunity to meet other therapists and so the various therapists working on each team do not know each other. Speech and Occupational therapists also do not communicate with ABA therapists so it is often difficult to be on the same page and be completely consistent in teaching strategies.
Pros
helping children, providing therapy services
Cons
no raises, little benefits, no paid holidays, no sick or vacation time, no g
Rewarding and fun place to work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San JoseJanuary 23, 2015
I would have to say It has been and continues to be a great experience working for A is For Apple. Since starting here, my career growth and knowledge has excelled tremendously. the company culture is great, we laugh, have fun and I feel like part of the owners extended family. Everyone is smiling and enjoying what they do. For myself, I love what I do and the impact on the little lives we work with is incredibly rewarding. What helps more is being in this rewarding career and working for a company you love. The salary is very competitive or maybe in the top tier of this field. The benefits are great and the 401k plan is amazing. I truly love my job and so happy I found this place!
Great Coworkers, Love it here!
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 14, 2015
I really enjoy working here! The staff is awesome and the work we do is really rewarding!
Good Place to Gain Experience
Training and Development Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 20, 2013
My average workday involves working with families and therapists in our clients homes. I've learned much about working with multicultural populations, mental health services and delivery, multitasking, prioritizing, and training. The hardest part of my job is not making much money and dealing with daily challenges in the workplace but everyday I help to make a life changing impact for our clients and that's highly rewarding.