A New Leaf Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Medical Assistant and Insurance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 24, 2018
Check in/out clients, take vitals, alert doctors client is checked in, insurance prior auth, refill scripts with pharmacy, reminder appointment calls, pull medical charts for following day, schedule new appointments
Pros
Free lunch, health insurance and learning
Cons
N/a
Employees were great to work with
Administrative Assistant- full time (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 30, 2018
Management is making communications better with all 24+ facilities of the company. With all facilities doing something different to accommodate clients and making employees more aware of facilities within may be able to clients within their own program.
great experience
Behavioral Clinician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 8, 2018
I worked with a diverse culture co-workers and population , learned a lot because it was my first counseling job, management was good , hardest part taking time off , enjoyable knowing my boundaries .
A lot of hiking, fishing and playing horseshoes
Lead Production (Former Employee) –  Weldon, CAApril 5, 2018
I was responsible for genetics in what we grew. Phenotype's, cloning and cross pollination. I organized and coded strains. Everything was production..
Pros
I worked independently
Cons
The owners had a bad falling out that affected workers.
Maintenance tech
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85302March 25, 2018
Standard apartment maintenance with standard befits and vacation time Pay rate fit the work responsibilities and commute was within my range for the pay rate.
best organic social work
Head Chef Beginning (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 21, 2018
big hearts! REALLY BIG!!! EVERYTHING FROM DISABLED VETS to homeless shelters. a really great company with huge hearts to spare. I will be sad to leave
Great Family atmosphere
Service Coordination (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 19, 2018
This is the best company, I have ever worked for. They are amazing people, with a positive, supportive and encouraging leadership team. They have a great mission, and are truly a caring group of people.
Thanks, but no thanks.
Youth Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 10, 2018
Management isn't very nurturing of the staff working with the general community. Staff often feels neglected and burnt-out given the lack of guidance from immediate management and lack of answers provided to staff regarding the office processes which discourages growth amongst it's workers.
My favorite company
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 7, 2018
This is by far my favorite in home care company. If you work hard and do your job they treat you right. It's a difficult job but rewarding. Management is amazing.
Great place to work with a family oriented culture
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 6, 2018
I am a Supervisor at the Behavior Coaching program and have been with A New Leaf for 5 years. All the staff are fantastic, love what they do, and make a difference every day! The culture of the agency is family oriented and they truly care about their employees. The work is rewarding but challenging at times. Thankfully, there are many activities and recognition events to keep staff engaged in the program and agency. Definitely a great place to work where you feel valued and supported!
Fulfilling job
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Nice place to work. You get to help the children and parents that live in the shelter. Everyone seems to care about their job and in helping others. Someone is always willing to help you better yourself.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Poor upper management and high stress
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 12, 2018
The company was not invested in the community behavioral health branch and it showed in a high turnover rate of the clinical staff. Supervision for new clinicians was not always consistent and the nature of the work would have required more active effort to create a community of support that was needed. Many of the therapists cared a great deal about their work and did everything that they were able to in order to assist the families that they worked with.
Pros
A lot of the staff really cared about what they were doing.
Cons
Did not want to make needed changes, low compensation, irregular hours
Great Co-Workers, No Support
Case Manager IV (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Co-workers are fantastic, but upper-level management makes decisions (including expectations, discipline, and days off) based off of favoritism. Employees are treated as livestock and are not considered as people (unless, as stated above, management favors them). Expectations for productivity are wildly unrealistic (9,500 per month), which management uses as an excuse for write ups and terminations.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Literally everything else
Poorly managed
Youth Care Worker West Valley After School Program (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 2, 2018
I was lied to about the position I accepted. Upper management makes no effort to support or ensure quality of care for clients and employees. The focus is on generating productivity at whatever the cost. I learned that I will not tolerate working for a company that does not take pride in what they do, and that allows directors who are not involved make decisions they know little to nothing about. There was no collaboration and it was a very poor work environment, to say the least. The best part of my job was working with the awesome staff I supervised and the kids that were in attendance at the program.
Pros
Awesome staff I supervised
Cons
Unsupportive managers who have no idea how to provide appropriate quality of care.
A New Leaf's job satisfaction is exceedingly high.
Marketing Associate & Grants/Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 22, 2017
Working at A New Leaf is the most rewarding job whether you work directly with clients, in philanthropy, marketing, grants or administration support. Working across all of these platforms has provided the diversity necessary to accomplish both organizational and personal goals. If there was a hard part of the job for me, it was also the most enjoyable part in that, as a Marketing guru and Grant writer, I find myself speaking with and writing or video taping clients who share the details of their lives prior to and after their shelter stay's at A New Leaf. This is among many rewards to working at a nonprofit, A New Leaf in particular.
If you like to help people, work here its a good cause plus you get paid
Bilingual Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 6, 2017
You work with foster kids, teens and young adults. The plan is to help them become productive members of our society by helping them modify inappropriate behavior
Pros
choose your calendar
Cons
use your own car
New Hire
Behavior Coach (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 1, 2017
II just began at a new leaf, but the company is very friendly and inviting. They really do care about their employees as much as they care about their clients. The benefits are awesome! I'm excited to start my journey with them.
Pros
lots of opportunity for growth, training, pay, benefits
Cons
Na
Productive fun working place
Bilingual Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 8, 2017
* Atypical day at work very fast answer phone schedule and cancel appt.

* Check in clients

*answer every day questions of what service and populations we serve

*Give community resources and information
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No career growth
Interesting work environment.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 28, 2017
A New Leaf is an interesting place to intern for if you want to learn human services. By being active with the clients as well as with staff, one can learn the do's and don'ts of the field.
Pros
Get to meet new people.
Cons
Low staff moral.
Case manager/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 6, 2017
A typical day insist of meetings with staff, clients and parents/providers. Setting up appointments, completing assessments and Intakes as a case manager.

As a Mentor, the day consist of meeting the clients wherever they are and processing with them.

I have learned the challenges within Behavioral Health system. Meeting the needs of the clients is rewarding after you are able to assist the clients with providing the services/resources that is needed per individual client.

Management changed a couple of times during my employment.

The workplace culture varied.

The hardest part of the job is the increased workload, due to continual changes.

The most enjoyable part was being able to provide the services needed for the client.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
limited breaks, closure of department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A New Leaf. Our community is ready to answer.