A Place for Mom

Working at A Place for Mom: 306 A Place for Mom Reviews

United States306 reviews

A Place for Mom insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great growth opportunities

Featured review

A Place for Mom selected this as a representative review
Working here has been an amazing experience so far! The people I work with are kind, helpful, and extremely talented. Everyone is welcoming and willing to help when you need. There’s so much opportunity for professional development and growth.

Good experience overall

Really liked how clear and concise management was with us. I get annoyed when I have to do a lot of guesswork, so having a clear set of protocols was great for me. My colleagues were stellar too. I had a good experience overall.

Sales Rep

Not sure what I was expecting, but it turned out better than I could have hoped. The company’s expectations are reasonable and they really encourage creativity in a capacity I haven’t experienced before. So far, so good.

I felt supported in my role.

Great organization and you learn a lot on the job. Support is good from management and I really enjoyed working alongside my colleagues. I felt supported by everyone on my team, as well as those in much more senior management positions.

Learn a lot in a positive setting

You can learn a lot while working here, and you get to work for a company that’s doing important work for the community. Before you begin working, you’re given a good amount of training to get you started. Sometimes you’ll run into new situations, and in those cases you can always refer to your managers for some guidance. Pay is good, it’s not the absolute best but it’s a rewarding job that I like, which is enough for me to stay here long-term. I’ve worked enough jobs that wreaked havoc on my mental health to know that money isn’t everything.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Love!

Love, love, love! Couldn’t have found a more perfect job for myself. I’ve already learned so much, and everyone’s been delightful. Wish people were this kind everywhere else I’ve worked.

I liked working here

I liked working here. It was my first “big boy” job, and it was more enjoyable than I expected it to be. Looks great on my resume too. After a few years I felt the itch to pursue my own passions, which is why I left.

5 stars!

*Work with wonderful people from top to bottom*Devote your time to helping others*See first-hand the fruits of your labor*Receive fair compensation and full medical coverage*Define your role on your own terms

Flexible schedule has been a life-saver

Sales quotas are high but nothing out of the ordinary. Just takes constant effort to reach them, which can be difficult if you’re easily distracted working from home. What’s cool though is that you can basically work whenever works for you, it doesn’t have to be a set schedule. It’s been a life-saver for me when things get too hectic around home and I need my work schedule to fit around my life and not the other way around.

Quick overview

Chill atmosphere and nice coworkers. Goals are clear and obtainable. Good communication from management.Decent pay and great work/life balance.Most clients are easy to talk to.

Excited for my future with the company

I recently joined the APFM team and I have to say that, so far, it’s been one of the best career decisions I’ve made. I’ve been looking for something long-term for a while now and everyone has been stressing just how important it is within the company culture to promote from within and invest in current employees, so I feel good about my prospects here.

Clients were thankful to have someone to talk to

I liked everyone I worked with, the job paid well and the people I helped were always so thankful to have someone to talk to. But eventually speaking with families who couldn’t take care of their parents or grandparents made me so sad that I just couldn’t do it anymore. I wouldn’t recommend this line of work to people who are too sensitive like me.

A Place for Mom is a good place to work, but may not have enough opportunities for advancement

As a copywriter there was some toxic behavior from management. They would complain to editors about copywriters work, but never address the complaints directly. It was rumored the Managing Editor wanted to fire me, so I quit. It was all a build up that didn’t have to be so hostile, but after a while it gets deprecating having to walk on egg shells about issues that could be easily resolved but management would rather escalate. As a copywriter I loved the work. It was monotonous, but ok. The pay was great, the company culture was mostly laxed and understanding. I’d work there again but they need to have less tyrannical management, that are really only there to intimidate workers and not see their full potential…

Pros

Good pay, remote work available, flexible working hours

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement, favoritism, toxic management

No wlb

Not encouraging place to work. Tight dead lines no enough resources very poor wlb, hoIgh stress. Micromanaging is every where. Every day hot fix. Dont recommend

Uplifting, positive environment

Easily the most uplifting, positive environment I’ve ever worked in. Patient care is a top priority, and management makes sure that the services we provide match up to their expectations.

Rewarding and uplifting

I can’t imagine a more rewarding job than helping people navigate the complexities of finding the perfect retirement home for their parents and grandparents. This is the perfect job for people with an abundance of compassion and patience.

Ethical, values-driven company

Working for an ethical, values-driven company that takes care of their staff as much as their clients is great.I haven’t run into a single thing I don’t like about this job, except that some clients are difficult to talk to, but most of them are respectful and appreciative.

ALL about the people

It is ALL about the people we’re helping here. Everyone from the CEO to the phone reps come to work every day with the exact same goal: to help people choose the best possible option for their elderly parents. It sounds corny just typing it, so it probably sounds even more corny reading it, but it’s 100% the truth. For that reason alone I’ll always be loyal to the company.

Remote work

When the pandemic hit, the whole APFM team was incredibly grateful to not have to worry about transitioning into a remote work lifestyle. Who would have thought that “pandemic-proof” would be such a selling point when considering a job position, but here we are. I already loved working remotely before COVID, but now I think it’s invaluable to have so much security and certainty when it comes to my career.

Enjoying work

They started me out with some training, which was super helpful since I’d never done this kind of work before, and from there on out everything’s been straightforward and simple for the most part. Really enjoying work thus far.

One of the best decisions I made for my career

When I first started working at A Place for Mom, it was kind of a random job I applied to because I’d just earned my degree and needed to start gaining real-world experience. This random job ended up being one of the best decisions I could have made for my career. I made a ton of great connections, and I learned more than I had in all my years in school. I’m so glad I had the opportunity to work here!

Common questions about A Place for Mom

Answered by current and former employees at A Place for Mom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Place for Mom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight