A Plus Health Care Employee Reviews

fun
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXApril 27, 2018
I learned allot and had allot of fun it was easy to grasp on too was not hat hard I'm a very fast learner so I caught on easy the experience I can say was very good I know more or less what to do or what not to do
Busy headquarters for A Plus Health Care
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTApril 11, 2018
In my role as Human Resource Coordinator, I was on the phone with many employee, schedulers, branch managers working with them on helping solve problems, starting at 8:00 a.m. through to 5:00 p.m. Hiring/ data input: Exit paper work: Background and drivers license checks: Approximately 20+ daily. New hire packets; Creating new hire files, and filing all necessary paper work: Removing termed employees files to closed files. Payroll assistance for vacation and Paid time off: Workers Compensation cases and Insurance: FMLA:

What I learned through A Plus Health Care - I put on my HR ears and face, and learned to listen to both sides of the story.

Management was very very good.

Workplace culture: Good, everyone was extremely busy with their own positions.

I don't feel that any part of the job was hard.

I loved working with others, and helping other branches, and employees.
Pros
Great 8-5 position - Fridays we worked until 4:30 which was so nice.
Cons
The one hour lunch break - would have preferred 30 minutes
needed a change in Management
Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 11, 2018
Hard to balance the poor management with constant cut throat in the office, fair hostile environment, no one williung to discuss and correct any of the issues
A Plus Healthcare LLC Tacoma
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2018
A great place with great pay ,vacation and medical and cont education
Staff is great getting you shifts that you want with great facilities to work . Working shifts you want by being able to pick the shifts and facility you want to work .
Pros
Vacation, sick time and medical
Cons
High pace job
Great
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 1, 2018
It’s an amazing job, they are very flexible and in itself is very awarding, we are there to simpilize the life’s of those that need that extra assistance from simple task to more complicated that’s what we are there for !
clients were awesome
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTFebruary 1, 2018
t I loved some of the people I went a saw. I also learned how to cook better. I loved that I wasn't stuck in one place for the day I got to go to multiple homes. The breaks between houses sometimes took way to long and I didn't want to go back to work. Also communication was horrible.
Fun
Provider (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Job is fun and very cooperative with working around your schedule. Supervisors are friendly and super helpful. Learn many new things on the job from simple child care to adult management. Very educational job for those becoming nurses.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No paid vacations
Great home care management
Licensed Practical Nurse/Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTDecember 27, 2017
Wonderful people to work with and for. They really value their employees and will work with you if you are a student. I had the opportunity to work with some amazing health-care staff.
Fast Paced and Opportunity to grow
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at A Plus Health Care - must possess great organization skills and be able to prioritize in the order of importance. Constantly had to be on top of ensuring schedules were correct for employees to ensure great patient care. I enjoyed being able to work as a team to ensure all tasks and projects were completed. Enjoyed our pot lucks that we put on for the PCA's to make work fun for them
Therapist
Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
Long hours, unreasonable work hours, outdated tests, long distances between patients, no computer provided but expected to use personal phone to EMR document, electronic documentation does not work properly, no shows are always expected to be seen on weekends or late in the evenings
Pros
Friendly office staff
Cons
Long long hours, long distance traveling between cases, no work life balance, high pressure, questionable requests made by administrators
A plus home health care
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2017
I loved to work at APlus Home Health Care. They were very friendly and supportive. They encouraged us when we were at our witiez end. They workrd with us as well.
Was not the best experience
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJuly 12, 2017
Six months I went and found another job. Was hired part time with promise of full time in six months that was not fulfilled. Reason was budgetary. Staff members were fun to be around.
Extremely busy.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 3, 2017
Required to drive all over town. You never really have a set schedule but the people who work in the office are really nice. You really have to be dedicated to this job, would work for people who don't have kids because it is really rough working all day long and you're never sure when you'll be home.
Pros
Out of the house all day
Cons
Driving all over
Great exp
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2017
Great place to work. Flexible schedule, home with kids to make dinner. Rewarding career I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking to get into the nursing feild. The staff is great to work with
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Easy to work for,help is fairly easy to get from office
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Musselshell MontanaFebruary 25, 2017
I enjoy working for A Plus, there is usually someone there that can assist with any problems that may arise
.The nurse in charge is very helpful.
Pros
I always get my requested time off
Cons
Not alot of employees where my job is located
Quality care from A Plus
Client (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTJanuary 4, 2017
The Butte office is not well managed. What the Butte office hires is not well trained PCA's I find it sad when the client has to train PCA'S because management doesn't properly them before going into clients homes. The other thing is office management doesn't call clients to inform proper time to find coverage so that client is left without services when PCa's call off. Speaking of my personal experience and being a client of A Plus. Butte A Plus is poorly managed. Quality of services are very poor .
Pros
Client get to stay in their homes
Cons
PCA's don't show up
Very poor place to work dont matter the position!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTDecember 21, 2016
Need to look at why they are always going through the coordinators and managers, they don't care about anything but the all mighty buck. Owner is very cheap and even though she is a nurse, you would think there would be more care and compassion for their own staff.
Pros
Its a job!
Cons
You wont be there long, bad benefits and always blaming anyone but themselves!
A Plus
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Polson, MTSeptember 14, 2016
A plus Health Care was an awesome place to work at. They would schedule with awesome customers, and I enjoyed taking care of the customers as they were my own family. They gave me days off when I needed them due to either family emergencies, etc. A plus healthcare was a very helpful job and very understanding about a lot of things.
Pros
Awesome management
Cons
No benefits or working your way up
Not to bad
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 23, 2016
Had some scheduling issues but they are flexible, they always call you to work an extra shift.
The work itself is great I love helping people and that's the main part of this job.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Lots of driving required
Not the best company to work with.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2015
Assisted individuals with their daily living, provided safety, and comfort.
Provided assistance to people with basic tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming and eating.
Helped with home management tasks such as preparing meals, grocery shopping, and cleaning.