A Safe Haven Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Education Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2019
A Safe Haven was a safe haven for not only the homeless, but the work environment is as close to comfort as you can get on a job. They provide 1 free meal a day from their own kitchen.
Pros
Free lunch and other Job benefits.
Great Mission, Little Room for Advancement
Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2019
Amazing mission with strong, although slightly out of touch, leadership. Doing the best they can with what they have. Not a great place for advancement or a long term career, more of a lily pad to something better.
Very nice company to work for.
Case Aide, Case Manager, Intake (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2019
The working atmosphere was beautiful and also they strive make sure all clients are ready to move back into self-sufficiency, Employment, and stable housing.
Experience guaranteed
Program Manager. I started there a (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2019
A great stepping stone, educational., I started there and work my way up the ladder I’ve been working there over 10 years the job experience has been great started there as a intake specialist work my way up to a program manager. My education began as a certified addiction counselor I went on to become a mental health specialist with gender specific endorsements. I also earned a bachelors degree in human services from Northwestern Illinois University as well as I am attending University of Illinois at Chicago for a Masters in social work degree.
I enjoyed working at safe haven doing part time
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2019
Safe haven is a very comfortable place to work the coworkers are nice the job is easy just make sure everything is clean neatly and it smells good at all times the pay is perfect you get paid every Friday.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Our break time was reasonable
Overworked and underpaid
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2019
Working at A Safe Haven, has been a experience. I appreciate all that I have learned and the mission of the organization. I feel that there is a lack of incentive and no recognition of those who go above and beyond to do their job. I feel that I will not advance no matter how hard I work.
Nice place to work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2019
Great job good people good learning experience.love the guys i worked with they give us rewards at the end of the season with a nice dinner it was really nice .
A safe Haven Foundation
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  2750 West RooselveltNovember 18, 2018
I worked for ASafe Haven through One Summer Chicago(OSC+). It was a temporary job only for the summer I enjoyed painting vi-docks and putting mulch on trees.
One Summer Chicago
One Summer Chicago Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2018
Slow paced working environment but a great learning experience in terms of time management and learning how to manage others. Very rewarding work that is bound to take over your life for the 7-week duration of the program. Hard program. Absolutely worth it!.
great working experience. Met alot of new people
Line Supplier (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILOctober 31, 2018
A day at work was like any other day. I learned how to line trim grass. Work on assembly line. Line supply assembly line. The management was great. We all worked together as a team. I learned team work. The hardest part of the job was keeping professional business apart from personal business. The most enjoyable part was getting paid and seeing my family.
Pros
free lunches. a place to stay
Cons
far from family
I would never work there again
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
They were very unfair to me when they fires me because I got sick. The manager and the supervisor was infair and very unprofessionals. Very big liars,
Opportunity to empower others
Case Manager (CCSATH/Men) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2018
A Safe Haven is a fast-paced relaxed structured environment, that is dedicated to working with individuals who are interested in changing their lives and re-connecting with family.
Great place of employment with many opportunities of being of service.
Case Manager, Social Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2018
As a counselor at A Safe Haven I provided direct services to residence/Clients of CCSATH {Cook County Sheriff Alternative Temporary Housing Program which Job duties included but not limited to monitoring men and women through the structure of the day. Individual Counseling, Treatment planning, Discharge Planning and continue stay reviews. Group facilitation; Relapse Prevention, Life Skills.
Pros
Self Disclosure
Cons
Self Disclosure
You have to know someone to advance even if one lacks education
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2018
Conducted Case Manager duties as a Case Aide 4+ yrs No room for advancement. Management no work ethics. Having to deal with management. 1% successfull client exit.
Pros
Learning hands on
Cons
Management needs more training
I enjoyed the community engagement
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
I really enjoyed the heavy connection with the community.The company seemed committed to opening up opportunities for their staff as well as community.
Inspiring and challenging work environment
GRANT WRITER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2018
Working at A Safe Haven was an excellent opportunity, I learned a lot from my manager and feel that the skills I gained are highly transferable across other fields.
Need a total overhaul
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
This place needs to see their clients as their customer and that they work for them and not the reverse. Work integrity is lacking.
There is a need to hire qualified people to work with a vulnerable population.
There is a need for Case Management 101. Case management is a specialty. This agency needs to ensure that quality case management is being performed.
Case Management should be verifiable and not "cookie cutter" case notes.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Employee work ethic
productive workplace
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2017
Attend to children at schools, businesses, private households, and child care institutions. Perform a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play.
My Review
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
A Safe Haven was a fun and learning experience for me. I learned how to do intakes, prescreens, record keeping, customer service, advocacy, and helping people get their lives together,
Pros
Servicing others
Cons
Advancement
I found working at A Safe Haven Foundation to be a great experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
Working at A Safe Haven Foundation is a place where you assist people in a crisis situation to aspire to transform their lives and obtain self sufficiency. There is nothing more gratifying than seeing someone helpless become independent.
Pros
Assisting people with transforming their lives.