Play YouTube video button

A. Duie Pyle, INC. Employee Reviews

Featured review
A. Duie Pyle, INC. selected this as a representative review
Loving and very kind atmosphere to work at!
Biller (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 17, 2018
Management at A.Duie Pyle are amazing, everyone who works there are very kind and friendly. A typical day at work was fun, you are able to listen to your own music while working. They make you feel comfortable and people genuinely care about you !!
They do not care
P&D DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OH 44241August 14, 2019
They act like they care but will throw you under the bus. Look some place else! It is very sad that they tell you how much they care and treat u like family.. What a joke!
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
manager, managment, Do not care about you.
FORK LIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJAugust 1, 2019
Hood management
Supervisors were young and no experience in the field
College graduate
Should have so.eone who works the dock move up to supervisor like the old days then you would have a supervisor who really knows what's going on for the employees under them
As good as it gets!!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 22, 2019
ADuie is a good place to work,other companies are so dysfunctional it is a shame... company not a 10 out of 10 but in a world of 3 out of 10 they are a solid 7....truth be known they are very focused on being the best employer... they still have work to do...I appreciate the effort they make... I do not intend to leave any time soon.
Descrimination
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 11, 2019
Clear workplace discrimination. Its all about who you know. Employees with lesser job performance are not held accountable for their lack of keeping up. Treatment included daily berating in front of other employees and constant criticism of job performance when it was abundantly clear that I was carrying the load of two other employees. Was even given check list to complete on a daily basis (only person to have to do it) and berated even if it was complete. Leadership has no communication ability. Was not given proper training even after I was informed that adequate training was not provided by the employee who trained me. HR was no help in resolving the issue in the department and was never neutral during the "meetings". BEWARE!!! If you aren't "in" with management you have a long road ahead of you.
Overall good job to get you on your feet with little experience on a forklift
Inbound Freight/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIJuly 1, 2019
I think it is only a good job if you are trying to get your CDL license. i do not recommend if you are younger than 21 and just want a regular full time job working the dock
About Bronx terminal
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2019
Nice place to work. The management in the Bronx terminal need improvement, leadership and learn how to solve problems...Bronx terminal need New equipments they have a lot mac 20+ o
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Healthcare insurance not the best, old equipments 20+ years, need more eletric jacks
Stressfull and highly unprofessional
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 18, 2019
Highly unprofessional. Management showed favoritism towards certain employees and tried pushing their work onto others. Almost zero opportunity for advancement and the pay is sub par when compared to the competition.
Poor management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Westhampton, njJune 11, 2019
The new manager for the back warehouse is terrible he doesn’t care for his employees. The pay for starting at a entry level warehouse isn’t bad but other then that the westhampton warehouse is a dump! The back warehouse manager is very rasits so if you are not up to his standards you will be kick to the curb!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
lack of staff, poor management
Great people
OS&D Clerk & W&I (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJune 6, 2019
I adored the people I worked with. My boss was amazing, the drivers friendly, the people in my department great to work with. A few issues but a strong, single person could handle them.
Pros
Great people, family owned and involved
Cons
Some things swept under the rug and no communication from operations
Linehaul operations are a disaster
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJMay 27, 2019
My first 3 years as a linehaul driver were great. You would bid on runs based on seniority and most of the runs were great, you did a run to a specific terminal and turned around to your home terminal, extra runs were available if you wanted more time to make money. If you booked off for personnel reason you weren’t given a hard time and they worked with you. You weren’t strung out working 14 hours daily like they did my last couple of years. They had a former IT guy take over as the head guy over the companies linehaul operations. The guy new nothing about trucking and required drivers to utilize the 16 hour exemption every time he could just to pick up company freight. When weather was bad and a state of emergency was declared you were required to drive, those who fought back were written up or chastised. He did not want to work with drivers and gave them a hard time anytime they needed to book off work to take care of personnel matters. His mission was to work you till death or until you either quit or transferred to the day operations. After this joker left an existing dispatcher in the same department decided to be the bully and argue with drivers about driving hours and lie to them about having existing hours left to deliver freight when they did not have the hours causing them to go into violation. Drivers were always in violation. Your Cdl was constantly at risk dealing with this animal. You had to fight daily to stay out of violation. Shame on the owners for permitting this to happen, they try to promote a family atmosphere but the only family that concerns them is  more... theirs. I don’t recommend this company at all unless you like not having a family life and being treated like an animal. DONT WORK HERE.  less
Pros
Great terminal manager in Carteret, New Jersey.
Cons
Get rid of the present linehaul staff and promote some competent drivers to take over.
Bad management. Unfair work hours. Disrespectful/racial/derogatory comments
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 20, 2019
I started part time and worked for two on the outbound shift. They bumped me up to full time after two years and work a 12 hour shift (sometimes less or more depending workload). I started at 4 am and hated the hours. Pay was ok. Worked with all types of ethnicities. Derogatory and racial comments where made daily whether serious or joking. Stressful and demanding. Winters are horrible. Whatever temperature it was outside that's what it was on the dock...sometimes worse.
Pros
Decent pay and always work to be done
Cons
Bad management. Bad attitudes. Stressful. Demanding. Extremely cold during winter.
Management poor, pay poor
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 18, 2019
If your not in the good ol boys club your screwed, some employees are catered to while others are not, management lies to you constantly it's a worthless wonders paradise.
Pros
Cons
Most of the people you work with are idiots
Joke of upper management, loyalty not rewarded
Management (Current Employee) –  PAMay 16, 2019
This company used to pride itself on family, and looking out for one another. To be perfectly clear, theres a lot of great people. But, theres a failing leadership program, no room for loyal employees to advance unless upper management likes you, and no loyalty to long time employees. Overworked, underpaid, thankless job with applications for advancements ignored, or treated poorly by upper management that could not spend 2 hours doing the "lowly jobs"
Lies to get you in. Stay away do your research
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  NYMay 13, 2019
Management/dispatchers and even drivers all talk behind each others backs. Same as most trucking companies the good you do today will be forgotten about tomorrow. You think you just landed the greatest job in the world at orientation but thats as good as it gets. They spend hours during orientation talking about how they dont want anything to do with Union drivers so they can yell at you the way they want and let you go for no reason at all at anyrime. Any other company is just as good. In the end it wound up being a waste of my time and I suspected as such from the beginning.
Pros
weekly paycheck
Cons
managemen/dispatchers no paid time off
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 11, 2019
I feel the equipment is well maintained. If you put out your best effort, you are noticed. Pyle is a proud, family owned company and upper management remembers your name when they see you. I made the move to this company late in my career and wish I'd done it sooner.
Pros
Equipment and company reputation with most customers
Cons
Too many hours at times. It ebbs and flows.
Good Team To work with
Biller (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 17, 2019
I enjoyed my time with A. Duie Pyle and wish it could have grown into a full time position. My manager was easy to work with and answered questions without judgement and training was efficient and helpful. I liked it very much.
Everything looks great from the outside
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 11, 2019
Be prepared to be hired and fired without any notice
Everyone who works there seems to be nervous and always in fear of losing there job.

I’m just filling in words here not much more to say except buyer beware
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Indifferent management
Don't do it! Not Pottsville anyway.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAApril 5, 2019
Management is never honest or forthcoming. Always I'll get back to you. You'll never see 70,000 let alone 80. Most of us want out but it's the area. Overall it's just not worth it. Standing in a puddle to fuel a truck when you all get back the same time. It's another hour everyday you don't get paid for, just like when they want trucks to go to the shop, IN YORK!
Pros
Money is ok.
Cons
Management is horrible and always want you to go out of your way for them.
Productive and fast paced.
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 26, 2019
My day starts between 8/830, with 8-15 deliveries and pickups will vary depending on the area you are in. The dispatchers are good and listen to concerns.
In house Truck wash
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Carteret, NJMarch 19, 2019
A duie Pyle has an excellent working atmosphere and very family oriented management, excellent training programs including Hazmat materials handling, defensive tractor trailer driving course certificate.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Overtime after 45 hrs of worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A. Duie Pyle, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.