A. DUIE PYLE, INC. Employee Reviews

Fall in line and be a yes man or you're out
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 18, 2019
Really loved the owners and their vision. Couldn't make a decision on my own or pick my crew. Upper management didn't know the business, but does a good job getting rid of people that do. Long hours expected, even when not needed. HR made no sense. Was impossible to fire those that needed fired for all reasons, violating their own policies, yet quickly fore those they don't like. Doesn't matter what you have done well, if your not talking sports or going to lunch with them, your out; typical good ol boy's club.
Pros
Owner is sincere and the Pyle family cares
Cons
Long hours and too many sharks
Good place to work if you know how to play the game.
Operations (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 17, 2018
Definitely a good ol' boys network. Very little positive reinforcement for great work and a bunch of negative for average or above average. The benefits were awesome and the very top management truly seem to care, but as with most decent sized companies, middle management is a joke.
Benefits
Cons
Squeezed from both ends by middle management
Not a good place to work.would not suggest working here.
P&D Driver (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYOctober 23, 2018
Job is a joke,unless your their favorite!!!.managers are back stabbers and will throw under the bus.company leaders lie to you.benefits are a joke you have to do work on your time to keep benefits low.
Pros
Cons
Management is a joke
Great Family Owned Company
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  South Portland Gardens, MEJanuary 18, 2018
I was hired to work inbound/ overnights as a dockworker. Pays well above the minimum wage here and higher than any other entry level jobs I encountered. Most people seemed happy with the job overall, and I quickly advanced. They remind you a lot to enroll for things like benefits. The employee is really responsible for signing up for benefits, but, at least when I was hired, they were very sure to remind us several times to enroll within a set time. I don't like all the supervisors equally, but there were more I found outstanding than average or sub par. Before my initial raise, I was offered an opportunity to get my CDL and a promotion. I'm sure my experience is a bit better than average, but I know two drivers who were promoted just as quickly at this terminal.
Pros
Room for advancement, consistent overtime if you want it
Cons
Overnights are a little rough on work life balance, dirty job
No activities sponsored by the company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJune 21, 2018
Like most carriers the work day was quite long with little room for advancement.The pay was average with less than a cost of living raise each year. The commute was an hour long which makes it longer than average
Loving and very kind atmosphere to work at!
Biller (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 17, 2018
Management at A.Duie Pyle are amazing, everyone who works there are very kind and friendly. A typical day at work was fun, you are able to listen to your own music while working. They make you feel comfortable and people genuinely care about you !!
Please Be Careful
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West ChecterFebruary 17, 2018
A.Duie Pyle is not a bad company, it's a company full of mistrust. It's the good Ol boys club and if you don't fit in you certainty wont last long. They have a great company Culture however that only applies to some. The pay and benefits were good, but they really need to trust their Management team a little more.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Too much mistrust
OK place if you like 14 hour days
Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 22, 2018
I worked for this company for 3 years. It went down hill when they started getting more work than they had drivers & equipment. If you like working 14 hours a day, this is the place for you. It wasn't for me. Working from 12 noon, till 2 in the morning is not a good schedule.
Pros
Boss was great, tractors are new, drive through truck wash, OT over 40 hours
Cons
Long hours, sometimes worked weekends.
get hurt on job and still have to work or get fired
Linehaul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJAugust 15, 2018
managers will have you work over DOT hours. Managers will lie. pay is good, have certain people not working but sabotaging things so people can physically and careers can be damaged
Pros
Good paycheck
Cons
favorites
Working at A. Duie Pyle was and interesting experience.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAAugust 28, 2017
A typical day at work was driving a forklift and picking orders. I learned to drive a forklift. While I got along with the managment for the most part, I feel like sometimes their decisions and way of handling certain situations were poor. As far as the culture goes, there were plenty of guys who were nice, talkative, helpful, experienced, and very interesting and diverse, while there were plenty of guys that I didn't not get along with and kind of kept to themselves except when they decided to be mean or unhelpful. The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to pick and organize the orders. The most enjoyable part was talking and laughing with some of the workers.
Pros
Learned good skills and made okay money.
Cons
Long hours, tough work, poor conditions, and poor management.
fulfilling and rewarding
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 12, 2018
You would arrive, get a manifest, and go about your business and begin unloading your designated trailer after the shift meeting. everything accomplished throughout the shift was documented as you were handling customers merchandise.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
winter
the company is a great place to work for.
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAApril 18, 2018
the facility was great id enjoy working with others ,id learn how to hook up trailers and drive them to to the shop to pm them .the management was good have no complaint , busy place all the time sometimes you would drop what are you are working on to eatheir fuel or handle a repair out off the shop. the hardest was to plow the facility when its snowing and not to able to finish or catch up with pm.
Cons
over a good place to work
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDOctober 25, 2018
the company was good to me and gave me a chance to improve my self and to meet people outside of the business. they allowed me to show how good of a worker I was by following instruction, and getting my load there on time and safely.
great company
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 1, 2019
i love working for this company, however, i work for a dedicated account and sacrafice my weekends all year long. also, i get paid holidays but i also work on them too.
Great place
Warehouse Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAOctober 31, 2018
Great pay and learning trade. Large amount of overtime if you’re into working the extra hours.
Very busy from January to July for seasonal Accounts.
Will work with you on issues
Be careful, revolving door mechanics and shop supervisors
Fleet Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJApril 11, 2018
Region management team is garbage. Seen many shop supervisors get let go because of a A Tech who is friends with region manager. Everyone else is wrong except him.
Pros
Occasional lunches are bought
Cons
No breaks, other shop locations get breaks
Death sentence for Supervisors
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 12, 2015
If you like working > 12 hrs a day as a salaried employee, zero work/life balance and supervising drivers who make more than you, this is the place for you!! I dont blame the drivers for making more than supervisors-because they earn EVERY penny of it because of the extremely demanding expectations. Company makes lots of $ due to using part-time dock workers, who have no benefits and the turnover is very high. LINEHAUL DRIVERS BEWARE!! They use as much outside carriers as possible to save money and you rarely get your designated run as promised.
Culture is one of hypocrisy. Dont beleive the hype. You are just a number here, or a piece of the machine, and will be replaced as soon as you question anything.
If you absolutely need a job, dont work here!
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
Sell Your Soul To The Devil @ Pyle & Be Burned In The End!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Etna, PAApril 13, 2013
Extremely LONG hours with NO lunch most days! Unrealistic expectations of deadlines & appointment times! Injuries are a daily occurrence, freight is DOUBLE & TRIPLE stacked! Instant retaliation by dispatch if you call in sick. Management will NOT work with you if asking to be in early or a day off! Put in unsafe situations frequently such as being told to go over GROSS by thousands of pounds that can include HAZARDOUS materials. Home deliveries with NO lift gate in 53' trailers, bill says "will have help" but when you arrive there is none & customer was never called about it. Great pay but Don't sell your soul because if your NOT in the "Good Ol Boys Club" you will soon realize that "Pyle Culture" is indeed just that " A CULT"
Pros
great crew of drivers in pgh, helpful in every way.
Cons
management is destroying the drivers in every way!
Compensation good, but too many hrs per week if salaried employee. 63-65 hours per week typical and acceptable practice to upper management.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Typical day at work entails arriving at 9:00PM and leaving 9:30-10:00AM. That's right-13hrs to 12.5 hrs per day, which is about 63-65 hrs per week for a salaried position. What I realized was the hypocritical culture of senior management. They really don't care about the physical well-being of frontline leadership. Co-workers knowledgeable and hard working. Most enjoyable part of my day was the interaction with fellow team members and the different personalities that each has.Hardest part of the job was the 65 hr work and realizing the limited local advancement opportunities.
Nothing Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Devens, MADecember 30, 2017
This company was the worst I ever worked for, Upper management believed in coaching undesireable personnel. As a Manager you could not make disciplinary decisions which led to a very unstable and sometimes violent culture.
Pros
Cons
A lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A. DUIE PYLE, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.