A. DUIE PYLE, INC. Employee Reviews

Loving and very kind atmosphere to work at!
Biller (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 17, 2018
Management at A.Duie Pyle are amazing, everyone who works there are very kind and friendly. A typical day at work was fun, you are able to listen to your own music while working. They make you feel comfortable and people genuinely care about you !!
get hurt on job and still have to work or get fired
Linehaul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJAugust 15, 2018
managers will have you work over DOT hours. Managers will lie. pay is good, have certain people not working but sabotaging things so people can physically and careers can be damaged
Pros
Good paycheck
Cons
favorites
Poor management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Westhampton, njJuly 10, 2018
The new manager ger for the back warehouse is terrible he doesn’t care for his employees. The pay for starting at a entry level warehouse isn’t bad but other then that the westhampton warehouse is a dump! The back warehouse manager is very rasits so if you are not up to his standards you will be kick to the curb!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
lack of staff, poor management
No activities sponsored by the company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJune 21, 2018
Like most carriers the work day was quite long with little room for advancement.The pay was average with less than a cost of living raise each year. The commute was an hour long which makes it longer than average
Long days
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 15, 2018
If you want a life don't work on a loading dock.The hours worked will take up your life during the work week,work and sleep is all your can do.Dock work is not for normal people.
Pros
Payed weekly
Cons
Pay is low
the company is a great place to work for.
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAApril 18, 2018
the facility was great id enjoy working with others ,id learn how to hook up trailers and drive them to to the shop to pm them .the management was good have no complaint , busy place all the time sometimes you would drop what are you are working on to eatheir fuel or handle a repair out off the shop. the hardest was to plow the facility when its snowing and not to able to finish or catch up with pm.
Cons
Be careful, revolving door mechanics and shop supervisors
Fleet Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJApril 11, 2018
Region management team is garbage. Seen many shop supervisors get let go because of a A Tech who is friends with region manager. Everyone else is wrong except him.
Pros
Occasional lunches are bought
Cons
No breaks, other shop locations get breaks
Flexible Hours | Forklift Driver
Outbound Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Carteret, NJApril 10, 2018
Great staff, managers and co-workers. Theiir work days are flexible and there are many oppurtunities of moving forward. You always have to treat product with care and be very careful transporting it.
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks
Please Be Careful
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West ChecterFebruary 17, 2018
A.Duie Pyle is not a bad company, it's a company full of mistrust. It's the good Ol boys club and if you don't fit in you certainty wont last long. They have a great company Culture however that only applies to some. The pay and benefits were good, but they really need to trust their Management team a little more.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Too much mistrust
Stressful. Hard to pay bills working for them
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJanuary 27, 2018
The trucks are governed at 60 mph and have the active vehicle collision so you constantly have the beeper sounding off. They pay Their Portland drivers more and give them paid days when Poland (nestle) cancels your work on short notice. They also require little driving experience and no tanker experience for them and guarantee them $68000 a year. Non of this is available for Massachusetts tanker drivers. If this sounds good to you and you want to be part of the high turnover. Come on over
It is what you make it
Shuttle Driver Linehaul (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 19, 2018
It's a trucking job, better than most. I have no complaints other than I want more money for less hours but who doesn't. Benefits are good, equipment is new and the money is there to be made. A lot of old timers still there which should speak volumes and the environment is comfortable. I'm happy and the bills are paid. The way vacation picks are done SUCKS! Especially if you have kids with limited time off from school, it's seniority based.
Pros
new equipment, good benefits
Cons
Vacation picks
Great Family Owned Company
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  South Portland Gardens, MEJanuary 18, 2018
I was hired to work inbound/ overnights as a dockworker. Pays well above the minimum wage here and higher than any other entry level jobs I encountered. Most people seemed happy with the job overall, and I quickly advanced. They remind you a lot to enroll for things like benefits. The employee is really responsible for signing up for benefits, but, at least when I was hired, they were very sure to remind us several times to enroll within a set time. I don't like all the supervisors equally, but there were more I found outstanding than average or sub par. Before my initial raise, I was offered an opportunity to get my CDL and a promotion. I'm sure my experience is a bit better than average, but I know two drivers who were promoted just as quickly at this terminal.
Pros
Room for advancement, consistent overtime if you want it
Cons
Overnights are a little rough on work life balance, dirty job
Nothing Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Devens, MADecember 30, 2017
This company was the worst I ever worked for, Upper management believed in coaching undesireable personnel. As a Manager you could not make disciplinary decisions which led to a very unstable and sometimes violent culture.
Pros
Cons
A lot
stressful
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Castleton-on-Hudson, NYDecember 20, 2017
opportunity to take the truck driving academy
management very poor
typical day at work P&D and trailer swaps, trucking braking down all the time
enjoyable part of the job was to satisfy the customers
Cons
Poor management. Constantly new management cant keep any
Long hours for operations
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJOctober 2, 2017
As a supervisor you work 12 to 13 hours a day, then when your done on the dock you have to do hours of reports that are useless . If you like long hours this is the place for you. Good luck
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Coming to work
Very Good Part Time Job
Outbound Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 15, 2017
For ADP being a part time job for me, I worked over 30 hours a week and the pay is very good for a part time job. Highly recommended as a temporary job while you're in school. The one downside is the long days. There were some days I would go in at 2 PM and not leave until 12 AM. The supervisors here are also very accommodating with hours if you are in school.
Great people to work with
Accountant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 11, 2017
Company is family owned which is a plus, the work/life balance is great. People are very friendly to work with.

Vacation/sick/pto time is not comparative to other companies.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
vacation time is not comparative to other companies
great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MASeptember 4, 2017
overall great place to work warehousing part could use some more work and little more pay for working 6/7 days a week.need to look at contract for the 3pl part of business
Enjoy working there good people to work for
P&d truck driver (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RISeptember 4, 2017
Good place to work long hours, off on weekends and holidays, paid well, you won't have a week day, work too late during the week, good management and dispatching
Working at A. Duie Pyle was and interesting experience.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAAugust 28, 2017
A typical day at work was driving a forklift and picking orders. I learned to drive a forklift. While I got along with the managment for the most part, I feel like sometimes their decisions and way of handling certain situations were poor. As far as the culture goes, there were plenty of guys who were nice, talkative, helpful, experienced, and very interesting and diverse, while there were plenty of guys that I didn't not get along with and kind of kept to themselves except when they decided to be mean or unhelpful. The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to pick and organize the orders. The most enjoyable part was talking and laughing with some of the workers.
Pros
Learned good skills and made okay money.
Cons
Long hours, tough work, poor conditions, and poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A. DUIE PYLE, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.