A. DUIE PYLE, INC. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

The job paid very little for the work.load given
Biller / customer service (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJJune 3, 2017
There is no room for growth. You can assure you aren't moving up in this job. I was there doing way over full time hours yet I was considered a part Time employee
Calm workplace, easy job.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYDecember 31, 2016
I learned a lot about the trucking industry. Co-workers were fine.
Customers a joy to deal with. Fixing problems with customers and drivers was my favorite part of the job. Many times I stayed past my shift to see a problem through.

They don't seem to recall all of the extra work you did and volunteered for if you are 5 minutes late.
Pros
Nice environment. Good training.
Cons
No real recognition or chance of promotion.
No employee development or advancement here
Customer service representative I (Former Employee) –  West chester, PAJune 5, 2015
I worked here in customer service for 2 years (part-time while finishing up my 4 year degree) and despite what they may tell you during the interview customer service is a dead end job at a dead end employer. At the corporate location in west Chester, which is where I worked, turn over is so high that we had annual meetings with management to discuss why people in non-driver positions constantly left. The people who quit had been there many years, worked in supervisory and managerial positions and left for better pay and more opportunities for growth.

If you're looking for a job while you finish up school, are coming back into the work force for a small pay check then definitely apply. $13 an hour isn't enough for what you have to put up with in a call center environment (call monitoring, being repeatedly cursed at, increasing work load with no raises, if raises are given they're arbitrary and are only 2.3%).

Save yourself a headache and hold out for another job. If you do decide to roll the dice and take a job there be aware that (1) there's a 90% chance you won't last a year (2) you can use them as a filler until you find something worth while
Pros
Some co-workers, paid vacation (1 week) for part-time employees
Cons
No advancement or opportunities for growth, favoritism among management, high turnover, getting rid of positions
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 6, 2015
A. Duie Pyle is a very enjoyable place of employment with a strong corporate culture. The transportation industry is extremely fast paced with little down time. Over the past 18 months at Pyle, I have gained invaluable work experience that will ensure my success as I wish to start my career. There is not room for much job advancement at Pyle, which is why I am looking for other positions to start my career and work from the ground up. The management was always positive, but was not afraid to provide constructive criticism.
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
Short breaks
Management Too Young and Inexperienced. Pay too low.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 16, 2014
I am a former employee who had seen unprecedented turnover of personnel..including me. The management in West Chester are knowledgeable but do not know how to handle people. I had seen situations where most of the workers would bust there behinds only for some be let go for trivial reasons such as putting a customer on hold or daring to argue with a manager if there was a difference of opinion. How is an employee who did a good job let go immediately without being given a second chance?

Another former collegue of mine told me she was never counciled about an error she made, was called into the managers office and let go. She said the manager was not sympathetic and even seemed pleased about letting her go.

Another issue is how hard the managers expected their workers work yet allowed a few "favorites" be allowed to walk around and visit others and then still I had noticed a group of people were constantly pulling their chairs together and have little fun pow wows. Managers never would tell "them" to get back to work. More favoritism.

It would be unfair for me to not point out some positives. Managers did have a lot of fun events for the employees and they also complimented when we did well.

As for pay, I know I worked very hard in my time there but the pay was surprisingly low. A job like CSR should receive at least $17 an hour. It is an unforgiving job and therefore the compensation should be higher. Again, turnover was high and low compensation was part of the reason.

Conclusion: Pyle needs more experienced management and to treat everyone fairly. Maybe pay
  more... should be based on performance. Then again I never had a review.

For me, leaving Pyle was hard but also the pressure on me was reduced. If you NEED a job, it's ok for awhile but keep a back up plan in your pocket.
Pros
Managers who are knowledgeable with the business.
Cons
Low pay, favoritism, managers don't know how to manage people
DONT do it! you WILL regret it!
customer service (Current Employee) –  tonawandaMarch 1, 2014
Tonawanda office is the pits! If you get a job here, you will feel as though you have been cursed! The office manager is very phony and she does not know how to do anything! If you ask her for help with something her response is "welllllllll how do you think you should do it??? Maybe you need to be re-trained" the rules dont apply to all, actually they make rules up as they go along and they change daily. It is an extremely negative job! Every call is a problem and reaching out to dispatchers and other depts is next to impossible. Bottom line... DONT get a job here you will be miserable! You WILL regret it!
What I learned...
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 10, 2013
I learned the logistics side of Transportation and all the work that has to go into picking up and delivering feight. Whether it is a box weighing 25lbs or a drum weighing 500lbs. In all it is a tough industry and I am glad to have contributed a little.
Pros
vacation time for part time workers.
Cons
full time by the state is considered 35 hours + but at pyle its 40+.
not run very well
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJuly 10, 2012
very trying place to work. was promised full time after 60days never given. Hrs are 37.5 per week. very unfair. only 3 days vacation and if you need time off for an appt they require a note. supervisors pick and choose who needs notes. one girls calls in once oer week and vever gets in trouble, ans was given full time so she could get health benis. they dont want ot give benefits!!!