A. DUIE PYLE, INC. Employee Reviews for Dock Worker

Flexible Hours | Forklift Driver
Outbound Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Carteret, NJApril 10, 2018
Great staff, managers and co-workers. Theiir work days are flexible and there are many oppurtunities of moving forward. You always have to treat product with care and be very careful transporting it.
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks
Great Family Owned Company
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  South Portland Gardens, MEJanuary 18, 2018
I was hired to work inbound/ overnights as a dockworker. Pays well above the minimum wage here and higher than any other entry level jobs I encountered. Most people seemed happy with the job overall, and I quickly advanced. They remind you a lot to enroll for things like benefits. The employee is really responsible for signing up for benefits, but, at least when I was hired, they were very sure to remind us several times to enroll within a set time. I don't like all the supervisors equally, but there were more I found outstanding than average or sub par. Before my initial raise, I was offered an opportunity to get my CDL and a promotion. I'm sure my experience is a bit better than average, but I know two drivers who were promoted just as quickly at this terminal.
Pros
Room for advancement, consistent overtime if you want it
Cons
Overnights are a little rough on work life balance, dirty job
Very Good Part Time Job
Outbound Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 15, 2017
For ADP being a part time job for me, I worked over 30 hours a week and the pay is very good for a part time job. Highly recommended as a temporary job while you're in school. The one downside is the long days. There were some days I would go in at 2 PM and not leave until 12 AM. The supervisors here are also very accommodating with hours if you are in school.
Standard warehouse
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAApril 8, 2017
8 hour days moving pallets on and off of trucks, nothing special, I was compensated $2.50/$3 higher than minimum wage. This makes up for the terrible air quality and obscure hours
Cons
bad hours
Good Company
Diver/Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Alot of hours in the busy season and not so many in the slow season.
Management is awesome. Great opportunities. Great opportunity to get your CDL if you do not have one.
Pros
Decent pay and okay benefits
Cons
No life outside of work
Terrible place
Dock Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 4, 2016
In my lifetime. The worst place on new York to work for..!! Everyday. Co-workers are like kids, the management is really bad, the place is a mess...
Pros
Pay
Very poor
dock worker (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJApril 14, 2016
working for them at westampton was the worst. forklifts always broken down or equipment did not work. they tell you that there is room to advance and when you go to ask questions about advancing they ignore you. even asking up the chain of command doesn't work because human resources passes it to a recruiter and then they pass it along but the result is still the same you still get ignored and swept under the rug. stay away from this place.
*Real rating: 0 stars* Worst company I've ever worked for!!!
Inbound Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJDecember 9, 2015
*****Be cautious applying for this company***** This company is very unorganized. Management is super lazy and acts like they do work when all they do is walk around and run their mouths all day long. I started out part time and was offered a full time position a month later. They never put me in for health benefits so after working there for 6 months, I still had no insurance. I got hurt on the dock due to an insane amount of rain that flooded the dock (they make you work in the craziest conditions and don't pay you well enough to do so especially in the winter time. They have heat on the dock and never use it because they don't want to pay the heat bill so you have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars buying gear to keep you warm which doesn't even work because no matter what you put on, you still feel the cold) and I was out for a month due to it. They lied to the insurance company and said they had light duty for me so I was never given any workers' compensation for the time I was out. I took a month loss in pay and when I returned to work for "light duty", which the terminal manager told me I'd be doing, turned around and had me do full duty. I just had my first child that was born back in September, she was born pre mature and the day i was supposed to leave the hospital they called me NOT EVEN TO CONGRATULATE ME, but to ask me when would I return to work because they were "busy". When I returned that night, it was normal production as always. They had no sympathy for my situation with my daughter. If I could give this place 0 stars, trust me I would. They favor drivers  more... the most and don't care for anyone else in different departments. There's too much favoritism in that company. I rarely use this word, but I HATE A. Duie Pyle.  less
Pros
It was a 10 min walk from home
Cons
Good
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 24, 2015
Pros

Coworkers and the benefits. Part time employees got a week of paid vacation each year (hours are based on the average hours worked per week)
N/a
Part Time Outbound Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAApril 29, 2015
I'm not allowed to share information about this company. The operation there can be easy and often complicated, it served its purpose while I was attending college full time.
productive work place with good people
outbound dock worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 6, 2015
a tpical day at work for me is simple. I clock in and get my tasks done on time. I set a goal for the day and try my best to meet that goal.
Great place to work for if you have no plans for a future
Dock worker (Current Employee) –  west chester paJanuary 20, 2015
The job itself is handson and a good time. There is no room for advancement though. Being a man looking for a career i realize this place is a dead end on my search for an enjoyable career.
Pros
fun work environment, okay pay
Cons
terrible hours. no room for advancement
great part time job
dock worker (Current Employee) –  altoonaAugust 24, 2014
Great part time job. They will work around your schedule. drivers are all great and management treat you fairly.
Pros
excellent compensation for a part time position
Cons
hot in summer and cold in winter
Warehouse
OUTBOUND DOCKWORKER (Current Employee) –  Carteret, NJMay 2, 2014
Loading and unloading trailers. Stage freights for loading as needed
Good place to work, respectful and caring supervisors.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAFebruary 1, 2014
Fast pace environment and excellent part time opportunities which can turn into full time jobs. Good supervisors and great team work.
Pros
Full time opportunities, employee diversity, flexibility.
Cons
The pay for part time positions is low.
very enjoyable place
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 30, 2012
learned alot , had a fantastic time .. management were awesome and performed great