A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 18, 2018
Working here is really laid back and fun. Customers were fun to talk to and rarely rude, management is very nice and empathetic. Hours are phenomenal towards the end of year.
Great
Cashier/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 17, 2018
It is a great place to work when properly managed and staffed. I would recommend it as a job to everyone and the employee discount is a plus. The pay rate is fair
A really good job to work if you're looking to grow and get some experience under your belt.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work would be stock, cashier, customer service and clean the store. I learned a lot on how to address situations with customers. Management was really good up until fall of 2017. The hardest part of the job is seasonal months because it becomes very stressful and fast paced. The most enjoyable was getting to meet a lot of great customers and working with my coworkers.
Pros
breaks depend on the shift you work, good hours, pay every week.
Cons
no benefits for part time
Not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 12, 2018
I was hired as a cashier and made to help with remodel and then was let go when the store was finished. Not worth the time I spent at the job. They were very hateful.
Working with great people and talking with our customer.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJuly 12, 2018
Starting the day with cash reconciliation, then reviewing tasks needing to be accomplished for the day/week. Prepare for Team Members to arrive, morning huddle, then assign tasks to available cashiers. Hardest part of the job is balancing the tasks that need to be completed and the influx of customers. Customers are top priority. Every day is a new adventure, be open minded and cheerful. Enjoy working with the entire team.
Pros
Opportunity to learn something new every day.
Cons
Budget hours during the slow season
Best Job I Ever Had
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 3, 2018
AC Moore was a fun and fast paced environment. I was given the opportunity to be creative multiple times and my art degree was taken seriously. The people I worked with were amazing as well
Pros
great job
Fun people
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 1, 2018
Most of the staff is fun to work with but store and upper management is very poot. There is a slow advancement and not treated fairly. Its nice it you like to move up slowly.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Poor upper managment
Overall it's a fun store to work in and the people I work with are really great.
Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJune 30, 2018
The store has some great products, but the associates are not trained to assist the customers with all the products they sell.
It's a retail box store and there are never enough payroll hours to complete all the tasks to standard, and help the customers.
The technology is way behind the times, which makes the check out too slow, and customers complain.
Great Sense of Temwork
Sales Associate/Custom Framer (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDJune 24, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, the employee culture is fantastic, the managers are fair and reasonable, and when shifts get stressful everyone can laugh it off and find something to joke about to lighten the mood. I made a lot of excellent friends here, and overall I would recommend the experience to anybody looking for a job with a fun, supportive, and upbeat atmosphere.
Pros
Wonderful People, Good breaks, Nice Discount.
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work
Manager for wedding and ribbon department (Former Employee) –  North Plainfield, NJJune 22, 2018
In the morning I would put out my shipment for my department and stock the shelves. Order merchandise for empty holes in my department . Change end caps for new merchandise and holidays. Take special orders for special occasions . Cut ribbon for customers and make bows. Help the customers throughout the store. Keep my departments clean and safe. Do inventory.
Pros
Working with great employees. Caring management
Cons
Short breaks. No benefits
AC Moore from what's a great place to work it was in Burlington New Jersey can I have something to do with art and craft everything is box with it goe
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJ 08016June 21, 2018
The atmosphere was very relaxing and very very nice where everybody is always concerned about your well-being it's just was in Burlington County but to be part of the quality control inspector to analyze the cool bars that was on the box that was being shipped out was another great opportunity to learn something different than I usually do so I really liked it
Pros
What's the work good place to work
Cons
Again you didn't give enough hours that was the only thing about it
Great first job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 17, 2018
I dabbled in a bit of every department in the store and switched through all shifts offered. Hours are pretty strict and change a lot for the pay. Management is very laid back but makes sure everything gets done accordingly. A lot of grumpy customers come in but that's found in any retail job really so needing to know how to handle someone who doesn't read coupon dates or exclusions is important. It's a great job and co workers are wonderful.
Pros
Employee discount, wonderful managers, mostly calm enviornment
Cons
Strict hours, hours change, pay a bit low, advancement opportunities small
Fun place to work
Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 12, 2018
Everyone was so friendly and it was a relaxing place to work. Managers are nice and co workers made it feel they were family. After Christmas the hours are slimmed down immensely. I was cut down to two days a week and when I asked if it was possible to get more hours, the reply was, "If you can pay for gas and food then you're fine." Not what I expected from a manager.
Pros
Relaxing and fun
Cons
Hours depending on season
No hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 11, 2018
It was a part time job. When you get down to only getting 3 hours a week, you tend to find work somewhere else. 3 hours isn't even worth it to drive to work.
New manage has no management Skills
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEJune 9, 2018
Likes to pick favorites. Then plays games with the schedule and does not inform employees. Manager has poor communication skills. When asked simple dispute questions he responds "too bad"!
Pros
Interactions with customers
Cons
Poor management
okay place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJune 5, 2018
During my time there we had many different store managers. I had the opportunity to do many different things such as price changes and change the sale signs.
I enjoy being a cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 2, 2018
It is a good place to work. I like the people I work with. It is a relaxed paced job. Helping customers find what they want is one of the duties that I enjoy. I enjoy being a cashier.
Good people, work place great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 29, 2018
Good place to work, hours are great, the people are nice, hard work. Easy to learn. The hours are good. The management is very understanding. Good starting place
The biggest mistake I made was taking this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMay 27, 2018
I really can't say too much because the store manager told me after 2 days that the other employees told her I wasn't working out as a cashier. Really only 2 days!
It was strictly personal on their part. How can you screw up in 2 days.

Never apply to this store.
Favoritism Galore
Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 25, 2018
I lasted only a few weeks before quitting. Management and coworkers treat you like an idiot and accuse you of things you haven't done due to coworker gossip. Will get yelled at that you're not doing enough even after being the only one on register for 8+ hours while favored coworkers stand around and talk with each other and ignore customers. Management treats you more like a slave than an asset to their company. Not enough money for the amount of BS you put up with on the daily. Was put on for part-time and scheduled for 29.75 hours to avoid fulltime benefits at 30 hours. What a joke.
Cons
Managment, long hours on your feet, rude customers, rude staff