A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, had to move.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJNovember 16, 2018
Great place to work at if you enjoy doing your own thing. If you don’t want to deal with people this is a great fit. Hard work, physical labor, but worth it.
Saddle up if you're going in for framing.
Custom Framer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 16, 2018
Custom framing has a learning curve, and can be daunting at first, but if you love art, it's worth getting comfortable with it. You need to put together several component choices with knowledge of the correct methods applying to different types of art being framed, measure precisely, and incorporate that into the framing software. You work to frame a piece that the customer can't wait to see finished, and can't wait to see it on the wall.
Pros
Excellent management on store level, creative environment
Cons
Poor HR
Very part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 15, 2018
Not somewhere I would recommend for long term employment. Definitely need to know crafting and be a patient people person to best do the job. Most of my shift was spent cleaning up the store.
Love being surrounded by the creativity of A C Moore and interacting with creative and non creative customers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYNovember 11, 2018
I enjoy helping the customers find what they need and help them with their creative projects.

I learned patience from working at A C Moore. I've learned to interact with a wide variety of different cultures.

Management has too much too do. Work is not distributed evenly and sometimes not enough workers.

The workplace is laid back. no stress. We all help each other in what needs to be done.

For me, there is nothing hard about my job. The hardest part is getting paid more.

I enjoy working at A C Moore, its one of my dream jobs.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Pay is not enough to make a living.
Was fun at first but became hostile working environment
associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work involved cashiering, stocking shelves, straightening shelves, sweeping the store, cleaning bathrooms, taking out trash. I learned the products and became a very helpful salesperson. I learned to engage with customers, establish trust and commonalities. Manager(s) were wonderful, supportive and encouraging. Assistant Mgr was another story. So intent on impressing his manager, he often kept us extra late. Lacked creativity and became hostile as more pressure was placed on him. Workplace culture was mostly pleasant among coworkers. Hardest part of the job was signing people up for store cards, for a not pushy person especially. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they wanted, and cashiering because it gave me a chance to engage the customer and make them feel good about their shopping experience.
Pros
inspiring manager
Cons
short lunch breaks, but that's retail
average place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dickson City, PANovember 6, 2018
Good work environment, very nice people. I am a college student and have been given a lot of hours. The paychecks are good, some shifts can be long and overwhelmingly busy but at the end of the day it is a good job. Not hard at all. Hardest part of the job is learning how to change prices, enter coupons, etc into the register system.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
short breaks, doesn't take into consideration if you're in school and can't work constantly
Reasonable retail workplace Albiet a Greedy mindset of sales
CUSTOM FRAMING & SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYNovember 6, 2018
I was a Custom Framer for AC Moore. I would clock in, head to the custom framers desk, and check on orders. Any discrepancies with them, I would take appropriate actions. sometimes I'd have to call the customer to inform them of a delay, or email the production company, handling the framing, to reach a decision on the future of the order. Most days were slow, so you'd have barely much to do, other than what was stated. while I did enjoy working with customers to find a good combination of colors for their art. I did no enjoy the company mindset of how to sell framing. Pushing you to suggest to the customer multiple matts, fillets etc., regardless of what would look best for the art piece.
Pros
flexible hours and great coworkers
Cons
insentive to oversell
Sometimes slow and sometimes fast workplace with many outlying cons
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYNovember 2, 2018
Every day going into work, I never knew what to expect. I didn't know if it'd be a slow easy day so I can clean my section, or a fast paced busy day where I'm stuck at the register while my section is getting ruined. I always dreaded a busy day for two reasons. One, I am stuck at my register all day with customers that are very nasty. Two, while I'm stuck at my register, my section is getting messy. At the end of the day when it starts to die down and we close soon, I am finally able to get my returns and go clean my section. However, that's clouded by managers or FES's who give me an attitude for my section not being cleaned, even though they are the ones who put me up at my register all day.
Pros
Good pay, nice co-workers, clean environment
Cons
Unprofessional management, nasty customers
Front end supervisor
Front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Latham New YorkOctober 24, 2018
In charge of all the cashier on duty during the time I am working. This includes making change, helping with the customers, voiding out any errors made during cash out.
its ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 21, 2018
it's an ok job. low pay rate, some managers favor others. but it can be an interesting job if you do enjoy art and want to learn the different type of materials.
Pros
discounts, weekly pay.
Cons
Favoritism, management is not that great.
Such high turnover, for a reason
Custom Picture Framer (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVOctober 20, 2018
AC Moore only concerned with meeting their sales metrics, not about what is best for framing the art or what the customer wants. Acmoore only cares if you are selling high end materials, period. Also, you better already know how to frame, because there is very little training. The framers are made to do everything else in the store accept framing. What Corp tells you to do and what the mgrs tell us to do are totally contradictory and you are not set up for success.
Pros
Learned a lot about various craft supplies and materials.
Cons
Not enough hours or pay to live on, hours are cut to 15 or less if it’s not Christmas. Framing program provides little training, Corp is only focused on what you are doing wrong and never rewards exceptional performance.
Fun place to be creative
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 18, 2018
If you like to craft you will love ACMoore. You are encouraged to be creative while upholding the store brand. You do need to follow the store structure and standard operating policies, but encouraged to have fun,
Pros
Have fun, be creative, network, charitable
Cons
GM is the only exempt position so you work holidays
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work I would help customers with anything they need, I would also ring up their purchases and ask if they have found everything they were looking for. I would also work out on the floor stocking shelves and making sure everything looks good. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around all of the arts in crafts, and talking with customers and seeing what kind of projects they were working on.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Customer Service, custom framing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 16, 2018
Typical work day -

putting orders together for customers looking to take frames home. Helping customers to return items, or shop for their current project. I did customer service, so I coordinated with other stores and ordered inventory.
Great people
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYOctober 15, 2018
AC Moore employs a great group of people with whom I can shared my artistic interests. Scheduling is fairly flexible depending on vacations, school schedules, etc. Overall is a fine place to work.
Great Job...one of the best in my whole career.
Payroll Tax Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJOctober 11, 2018
Great place to work, friendly staff would still be there if not for personal reasons that compelled me to leave. If I could go back and work for them again I surely would.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
A very interesting place to work. A place that offered the opportunity to learn much about arts and crafts. A great place to interact with customers
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYOctober 11, 2018
A very interesting store concept. The management structure and how each store was run seemed to be a little loose, even lacking direction at times. More focus and direction would have been appreciated.
Pros
interesting concept and product line
Cons
poor direction and focus from management
If your into arts A.C Moore is the place to be
Store Front Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 10, 2018
I would travel about 45 minutes to work. I would get to work about 7:30 to open the and set up cash registers. I would schedule lunch, count the front safe and make such store is in order. My manger was good at her job and she got to know her employees. The hardest part of working at A,C, Moore for me was as the front end supervisor I had to deal with customer complaints. Durn the holiday seasons if you don't have tough skin good luck not quitting. The best part of my job was when costumers would come show me pictures of there art works or projects.
not supportive when a valuable logistics supervisor gets damaged on the job
Logistics Supervisor // Jacksonville, Fl (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaOctober 9, 2018
they should always take care of their valuable employees and all employees and not have them resign when out because they get hurt on the JOB
I loved my job at that facility I worked very hard at all times missed many breaks and clocked out for lunches but was still working I loved working at A. C. Moore they just needed better work ethics that would apply to all and not just SOME.
Pros
never free lunches unless I was buying for the team and I bought often
Cons
why offer health care, oh I know because their workers comp dont care and will not help
Soul sucking enviriamnet
Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2018
In my short time there I seen new workers come in with so much energy that by the end of a month it was like they were zombies. The mangers don't appreciate hard workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about