A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

Like family
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 13, 2019
The people i worked with were like family. Managment and upper managment are ok. They dont really focus on training for higher positions, you luck into the position or your naturally inclined .
it's retail
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 11, 2019
It was a typical retail job. Limited staff, long hours for management, pay bands and caps. Limited bonus potential. limited and inconsistent support from upper-management
fun and productive place
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 8, 2019
a typical day was seeing where you were assigned
register, or on the floor straightening or retrieving products from
warehouse
The workplace culture was an easy and fun atmosphere
The hardest part of the job was managers did not know what to assign you
also did not get any pay increases.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
short breaks-no pay increases
relaxed
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 8, 2019
It's a fun easy going job. But does not offer many hours. Hardly have any issues with customers. I like it just not enough hours. And have very nice managers.
Fast pace and always stay busy
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJJune 6, 2019
Always busy work alone unless other people r finished and then they help out.i k about 2,000 pieces a day and I always get done on time and haven't had help cause I haven't needed it.i am always getting complements on how fast I work and how polite I am.i learned that u always stay busy and make sure all boxes don't get stacked no higher then 6ft tall and try and get ad many on a pallet as I can
Pros
Nothing bad to say
Cons
Everything is perfect
A Nice Place to Work For
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 6, 2019
So at the time I got out, they were going through a lot of changes so I am not sure how relevant this review will be at the time of looking.
It's like any other retail job if I'm perfectly straight with you; It's based on getting along with the people who are there and doing your absolute best to make sure that the work environment is great for everyone who has to be there that day. It is in my opinion the most important part of a manager's job to make sure the place is welcoming and that the manager has the back of the employee.
I learned how to best use my customer service skills and how to properly coax angry customers into being nice ones (it's pretty much just agree with what they say even if you know it's wrong), and how to best market to an individual.
Pros
Very flexible, great atmosphere, lots of hard working people
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 5, 2019
If you enjoy working with people and have a high level of customer service, this could be a good environment for you. No two days are the same and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement if you work hard and have a good attitude.
Horrible Pay and hours
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 2, 2019
Would never offer overtime. I was a supervisor and people under me were getting paid more because they got hired at a different pay rate. Would not offer me more pay when i asked. Was not even giving me a full forty hours a week even though i was a supervisor. Would offer to promote me and never would. Evaluations you would get a mere ten cents raise regardless if you were doing a good job or not.
Cons
pay rate, hours
Non professional work place
Shelf Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, NYMay 29, 2019
AC MOORE was a nice place to work, getting involved with customers and learning what supplies would be used for art and design. Management was very laid back and usually almost never took control.
Not a great rxperience
Certified Custom Framer (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMay 29, 2019
Favoritism in scheduling and number of hours. The smarter you are, the less you will be listened to. Mediochre to poor experience for minorities. A good job for some.
Pros
Some nice co-workers
Cons
Substandard health insurance; part-time
Work here if you love to stand around and wait for people to come in
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 28, 2019
Working at Acmoore was a nightmare. The mangers my gosh there were 4 of them and none of them knew I worked there. I was hired by a Assistant manager and I guess she didn’t inform them of my employment because they literally didn’t know what to do with me on my first day. The people who also work here have horrible attitudes, we get you don’t like retail but my god they look so sad. Also I forget to mention part time people get less than 20 hours so you make absolutely nothing :)
Pros
Cons
Little hours, 15 min breaks, Slow paced, poor management
It's ok
Stocker and loader (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 27, 2019
They work around your schedules. Managers have no sense of urgency. They do not train new employees, they're just thrown in. Pay I very sub par as well.
Pros
Guaranteed schedule
creativity is not rewarded
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 26, 2019
The more creative you are, the less management cares unless they don't know how to do your job. Management is so two-faced, they don't care about the employees. Harassment by management is to expected and when reported is blown off. Drug use if rampant and known.
Cons
rampant drug use, nepotism, harrassment
possition should not be mentioned if its a "specialty"
Associate Team Member (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJMay 21, 2019
some tenants of the customer and store mission, are not always followed by management. Walking customers to product instead of pointing. golden rule!?
Pros
great people
Cons
inconcistancy
A lot of hard labor
Picker/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJMay 20, 2019
Ac moore isn’t bad at times. During Black our season is when it’s the most stressful. It’s very harsh on your body. You have to work at a certain speed and make sure you hit your numbers.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJMay 20, 2019
No advancement opportunities. Good medical benefits. Team members worked well together as a team. Management did not work well to make shift changes run smoothly
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities
stocking
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 18, 2019
My typical day at work is virtuous. I learned stocking and cashier. My management is a good person. He cares for people. He's funny, kind, good-hearted, helpful, caring, compassionate person. A workplace culture is co workers are treating each other respect. It's not the hardest job. It was easy. The most enjoyable part of the job stocking.
Pros
this job is relaxing and easy
Cons
Na
nopros any more just a job
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMay 13, 2019
their are no pros any more. This is not the same company I started out with. So worried about how many people use the rewards system that they basically tell their cashiers the have to basically force customers to sign up for it.
you should have to bully people into signing up for programs in order not to get in trouble. As a company they should be going back to their roots and offering good quality merchandise at a good price. everytime a department is updated you took out quality to bring in low value merch. go back to your roots!!!!!
Get used to seeing the same people
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  RoanokeMay 11, 2019
A lot of the same people come in every other day. We have to deal with the usuals that come off the bus. Theft is a pretty common occurrence but it's not that bad.Things break all the time so you get used to cleaning up glass but the job was pretty good to get in the retail pool. AC units are not working so it is super hot inside the store.
Pros
Employee Discount, nice older people
Cons
breaks aren't completed, So Hot all the time
Team members are great the corporate team and management is horrible
Front End Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2019
The corporation does not care about their employees (team members) but praise the GM who doesn’t do anything but bark orders while holding a cup of coffeee
Pros
The discount on top of coupons
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.