A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 18, 2018
All of the employees are great people including the managers, almost always busy, the attire is firmly to be black pants and shoes and a ac moore shirt.
Okay first job
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 17, 2018
If you need a first job, then this would be a great place to start, they don't overwork you unless you want to, they are very family driven, and if you are going to school and working, they will try to arrange your schedule around your school schedule.
Ac Moore
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MASeptember 14, 2018
It can be stressful at times. managers are required to close st least two nights a week including one weekend night. Six day weeks in November and December.
Fast paced job, mandatory overtime with little notice and no consideration of your responsibilities to family after work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJSeptember 13, 2018
I have only worked there for 6 months. I spend a lot of time in the truck moving trailers around. It has been an extremely hot and humid summer and the air conditioner broke at the beginning of the summer. The truck was taken a couple of times to get fixed but it was never fixed properly. When I complained, they said they did all they could do to fix it.
Managers within the company are young and generally do not know how to run things efficiently. When I made recommendations, they did not want to hear them.
Policy is to give "occurrences" (demerits) for almost everything. For example:You will receive an occurrence when you call out sick, even if you have a doctors note and sick time.
There is a great amount of turnover in the warehouse that I worked in.
Cons
See review
Fun place to work!
Cashier Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2018
I would work there again if given the chance, I wasn't on the rehire list when the store reopened at a new location. The original store I worked in closed and reopened at a new location a couple years later. Loved my job and working with all different crafty people.
Decent experience
Retail Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 10, 2018
Solid work experience, nice people. Management shaky at best. Hours are too short daily and the benifits and pay are not great. You certainly do worse for retail.
I had no trouble there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 6, 2018
I had no issue working at AC Moore. I was employed as a seasonal employee and enjoyed working with the customers and other employees. They were flexible with my hours so I could also meet the needs of my family.
Part time position to earn money for a 25th anniversary trip. Allowed my creative side to take center stage
Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 31, 2018
I was hired on as a part time temporary floral designer to help at Christmas earning money for a 25th anniversary cruise we were taking. I ended up staying for 2 years. I loved having creative freedom to create items for sale as well as building a personal customer base that requested custom orders. I had everything I needed to create floral designs in all price points and also custom designs and wedding arrangements. It was very fulfilling and was fun. I loved the interaction with the customers and I liked the people I worked with. The management was very motivational and complimentary which resulted in higher sales and production because the job was appreciated. The hardest part was working 2 jobs so I eventually had to resign because of burn out and lack of family engagement.
Pros
Creative freedom, job appreciation, extra money, customer interaction
Cons
working 2 jobs, late hours, lack of family involvement, burnout
Good for Expirence
FRONT END SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  East Norriton, PAAugust 30, 2018
Great environment when Management has been promoted within the company instead of hiring outside. Great place to start for Customer service experience, Also if your an artist it allows you to talk to other local artist, and crafters and learn new ways to solve problem issues you may have with your own art work.
Pros
Learning environment
Typical craft store.
Early Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 29, 2018
People were friendly. Ac moore is a good starter job for anyone in retail or any craft lovers. Jobs are easy. Atmosphere is nice. Good job overall. Management could use a little help.
Acmoore creative employees
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAAugust 23, 2018
Working at Acmoore was a wonderful experience for me. I do crafts but learned new ideas not only from employees but from Customer interaction. I would recommend working for Acmoore.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
It was retail....either you love it or you hate it.
OK first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 19, 2018
Good first job but it is very stressful. If you aren't on register for the day then you will constantly go back and forth between register and the aisles. Customers are extremely cheap and will use a coupon on an item that is $1 and they will complain about anything that they can. It is rare when breaks are on time because workers are constantly held up by helping people that they don't go on break on time and it backs up the schedule for everyone else. Customers are rude and complain about the same exact thing every time they show up and when you ring them up they always ask if you have a coupon for them because they "forgot their phone" or "left the coupon at home". Customers will also attempt to use the teacher or student discount when it doesn't even belong to them and they will act like it is the end of the world if they don't get the discount. Saturday's and Sunday's are usually the busiest and most brutal days. As for the holidays (mostly Halloween, Christmas, and Black Friday weekend) forget it. The holidays are the MOST stressful part and there is no breathing room. The store will put you in a section buts odds are you will be stuck on register all day because of how busy it is. Also if a front end employee quits or calls out there is a good chance that depending on your position you will always be chosen to cover in their spot. At least the managers for the most part are nice and willing to help and the other associates are very kind
Pros
Management is nice, good co workers
Cons
Coupon system is terrible, customers are never happy, shifts always changing
Work monday, and never work saturday.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 16, 2018
Hard work, a stressful environment, and low pay, makes this job low on my list. However, my bosses were all incredibly hard working, and were quite skilled at what they do. I rarely ever had a question for my superiors that they couldnt answer effectively. That being said, this job could be a nightmare when it was busy. During the holidays, we all mainly worked register and so the returns would stack up all through the night, leaving around 3 carts a day for the following morning crew to pick up when they could. Working this job gave me plantar fasciitis in my right foot and tendonitis in my left shoulder. This was a suprisingly brutal job at times. Though when it wasn't terribly busy, this job was great. In the end: work Monday. Okay pay for easy work. Never work Saturday, it ruins the job.
Pros
Monday is a breeze.
Cons
Saturday is brutal.
Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 15, 2018
A..C. Moore tries to help you when your first starting out, i learned a lot during working with them, the people are friendly, As long as you do the cleaning and help the customers, the job is easy, The hard part is trying to convince the customers to follow the coupon policy which is 1 per person not one per item.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Management is a little off blanced
Good and fair workplace
Remodel Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 14, 2018
Only being a temporary position, it was worth the time and effort for wages given. The most enjoyable part of the job was there were no formal uniforms required, and a typical work day consisted of general labor during the overnight hours so the time flew by.
Pros
Weekly pay
Decent job with bad managers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJAugust 14, 2018
fast paced job with managers that cant separate feelings from business. I did not have the best experience working for this employer. However, they do pay OK.
Assist Customers (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJAugust 13, 2018
In A.C.Moore always being on time was key. Beinh a great team was very important. Always had amazing leaders, always keeping station tidied, and restocking merchandise l.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fun people and good manager
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 13, 2018
I'm part time and would like to be full time or work more but there is rarely advancements and they really don't want anyone to be full time or have more hours. I love the atmosphere there and the people.
Pros
Discounts, great people
Cons
no real advancements
busy store with small staff focused on sales and customer satisfaction
Front End Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAAugust 10, 2018
A.C Moore was a busy store where customer satisfaction was the main goal. I learned from this employment how to work with difficult customers and how handle situations with fellow coworkers. The typical day at a.c moore was to operate a register and work on the floor helping customers.
Pros
breaks
Cons
low staff low pay
Super recommended
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 9, 2018
Managers were all really nice and had good communication with their associates. Everyone respects your availability. There was an opportunity to grow within the company. Really chill and nice job.
Pros
respect, sympathy
Cons
not many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about