A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there
CUSTOM FRAMER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 13, 2019
I worked there starting as a cashier and worked my way up to custom framing. the atmosphere was very nice, the workers were nice, and management was very professional . i worked there for three years and enjoyed it !
Friendly Environment with good skill building
Cashier and Stocking Inventory (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYFebruary 11, 2019
It was really great working at AC Moore. My Co-Workers were friendly and always giving advice on how things should get done efficiently. From the store I learned some skills that I hope I can take with me into the next job I get.
A.C. Moore was my Krusty Krab
Front End Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 10, 2019
It wasn't impressive or lucrative, but I LOVED working at A.C. Moore.

We were like a family of vagabonds selling art supplies in a run-down craft store, and it was a blast.
Pros
fun company culture, busy
Cons
low pay, lack of job security
costumer service
SALES ASSOCIATE/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYFebruary 5, 2019
working at acmoore was an entry level position to get me started in the working world. I started as an associate and quickly became a customer service representative. the hardest part of the job was the customers and that was not very hard at all .
Sales associate
Sales Associate AC Moore (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 28, 2019
The typical day of work was me starting out counting my cash resister. I would be on register most of the day but off and on I would put away stock and clean the store. This location was closing for good so I helped get the store ready for closing, The management were great, Very understanding. The culture of the workplace was very good and a very good company to work for. The hardest part of the job was me knowing that it was only for a month before they closed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I enjoy working with the staff and I loved my customers.
Decent company, no long term plans
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJJanuary 28, 2019
A.C. Moore is a decent company to work for. People are very nice and committed. A bit behind the times in technology, and career advancement potential
Pros
Environment
Cons
Low salaries, poor technology, outdated project structure
I loved working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJanuary 26, 2019
It was really fun, being around crafts and customers and coworkers who enjoy the place is always nice, some customers get snippy with coupons but that was the most problems i ever had
Fun Place To Work UnReasonable Managers
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 25, 2019
Fun Environmental Place To Work Meet Alot Of Nice Well Rounded People, Learn How To do New Things As Far As Crafts Go, Management Could Be More Professional And Explain A Bit More Thoroughly The Policy Of The Company.
I was hired into my position in June of 2018 and my position was eliminated in Jan. 2019 without notice.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 22, 2019
My position was eliminated do to a volume change.I understand how business works but I feel this was not the way to treat people who work hard for your company.
Store Team awesome Coporate isn’t
Manager (Current Employee) –  VaJanuary 17, 2019
Worked my butt off for years there just to get demoted due to some words down from corporate to be under appreciated. From no holiday pay due to expansion of the store, to saying that we had to make some changes within the store to accommodate the new stores.
Excellent training and development experience
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Learned a great deal about managing employees and interacting with customers in terms of professionalism and problem solving. Upward movement is not readily available.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
very slow upward advancement
Ok if you just need a part time job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 14, 2019
They have very few full time positions and give no benefits. They also dont want you to have any restrictions on your schedule. Nice people to work for but corporate (owner) is stingy and not nice.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Only part time
Great work environment for the most part but can have its downsides
Custom Framing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJanuary 12, 2019
As with any job, you'll have certain customers and coworkers who can be difficult. I can't speak for every A.C. Moore location, but the working atmosphere at our A.C. Moore is really great. Our general manager is very easy to talk to, most of the people hired are hardworking and easygoing. As with any retail outlet, there are certain seasons that are chaotic. Some of the customers though can just be incredible to work with. I do custom framing so the stories I get to hear and the history I get to frame blows my mind. Some things are deeply personal so I am honored to be entrusted with something so precious.

I believe the company at store level does a very good job at being fair to both the customers and the employees, which at times can be a very difficult line to walk. I will say though that I have not been impressed with decisions made at higher levels. There are some things that, although they're not ideal, make sense, such as cutting hours significantly after Christmas. There was, however, one time it was snowing and the person who gives us permission to close refused because we needed the holiday sales and he thought there was a conspiracy since every store in the area was calling for permission. The roads in my area that day were deemed unsafe at around noon. We did not close until 5pm. I was disappointed to say the least. Again, that's not at store level. My manager gave me permission to leave whenever I felt I needed to since I live in the woods and it would be harder to get to my house. I believe she would do the same for anyone else there. But the quality customer
  more... service and care for employees so evident at store level does not seem to be so at corporate, or at least for the manager in my region.  less
Pros
work environment, weekly pay, flexible hours
Cons
inconsistent hours, don't know your schedule until the last minute
Lots of fun staff and activities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 10, 2019
One of the best parts about working here is in the summer times if you are crative and love to do crafts with little kids. They have a program to allow people to come in and do a free craft with their kids for free.
lack of advancement
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  NJJanuary 9, 2019
Don't bother trying to work your way up to GM. Hard work won't get you anywhere. The issues start with the RD's who have no clue about the company or stores while trying to make a change. They want long hours out of you. The more you can do the better but your pay raise will only be .27 cents yearly. No yearly or quarterly bonuses unless you are an AGM or GM.
Ok place to work
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Retail staff do not get paid enough! Work environment was fine. Staff were nice some more helpful then others. Schedule was a bit crazy and never consistent. Over all easy and supervisor left you alone to work as long as you were working.
Pros
nice people
Cons
salary
Fun and exciting
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed the time I spent here. I worked here for many years. I worked at 2 different stores and had different positions. I learned about so many different things working here.
Pros
Get to be crafty
Cons
Not enough money
Major Change Happening
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 8, 2019
Very difficult to get ahead. Constant turnover in upper management positions, no ability to create rapport. Some turnover has resulted in re-hiring of former team members. A lot of questions. Can't get out of their own way. Fighting uphill battles. Be warned.
Can be stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 6, 2019
Job was not for me. Great group of people to work with, but the stress level can be high. I was employed for seasonal work. The pay was not worth the commute.
Pros
Great group of people to work with
Cons
Pay and stress
It’s a fun place to work for
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2019
I like it it’s a fun place to work everybody gets alone the are very understanding I would recommend people to work there and you can access it by public transportation for people who doesn’t have a car

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.