A.W. Chesterton Company Employee Reviews

Work to be done
Account Executive III (Current Employee) –  Groveland, MAJanuary 28, 2018
Started out as a great place to work, but over the years, changes were made that adversely impacted the company and culture. It is now struggling to get back on track. The last few years have been difficult for employees left after layoffs a new system that brought more headaches than improvements. Support for teams is lacking and people seem to be getting burnt out. The work life balance is not great right now.

I hope that things do improve as the company gets back on its feet and headed in the right direction. Compensation and benefits offered are great.
Pros
on site cafe, career improvement programs
Cons
ERP system issues, work/life balance
Watch your back
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Groveland, MAJanuary 23, 2018
Don’t make a single mistake. No arbitration
You’ll be out the door in a heartbeat.🐍
Terrible upper mgmt and middle mgmt.
Work environment terrible ,favored employees given slack,others pick up what’s
left.
Cons
No trust
Not a family company anymore
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Groveland, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Continue to remove or layoff long term employees. Very corporate culture no job security. Agree or you are out. Used to be great place to work. Company was taken over by Sylvania employees, owner has no idea his company is being ruined.
Pros
Great long term and some newer employees.
Cons
Heartless
"Love where you work"
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveland, MANovember 11, 2017
"Love where you work" is the mato of the company that they have well achieved on making it happen. The work supervises, managers, and fellow workers become your friends and are always happy to help you. You start to learn about each others lives, and it becomes you are working with friends than anything else.
Trying to change
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Groveland, MAAugust 19, 2017
Poorly managed for decades. Trying to fix things strategically with new senior management and executives - some success and better structure. They don't listen and are tactically inept. Seem to empower wrong staff.
Constantly changing people at corporate level.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveland, MAAugust 17, 2017
CFO/COO has zero clue about products offered. Company is constantly having turnover although they tout that people tend to stay with them. Deliveries to customers suffer and there is no sense of urgency. Stay clear of this company! Recently the Sales VP resigned and the new one is a obnoxious drunkard that will not last long. There is no consistency day to day.
Pros
Good benefits and some people really care
Cons
Top management incompetent and disorganized
Procurement
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groveland, MAAugust 9, 2017
A.W. Chesterton was a very good privately owned company to work at. Had a great relationship with co-workers and upper management.
Products are very competitive in the marketplace. Would recommend the company to others.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Top heavy at management level
Family Owned Company with Great People!
Finance (Former Employee) –  Groveland, MAJuly 5, 2017
The people are wonderful and its a very collaborative work environment. New leadership is intelligent and methodical with strong dedication to ethical business practices. Strong sense of community.
Great family owned global company to work for
Manager for Product Specific Customer Service Team (Former Employee) –  Groveland, MAMay 4, 2017
People work well together and all take great pride in their work.

I was offered many opportunities and growth while working there.
You don't have a day without challenges but when you know you have satisfied and service a customer it is all worth while.
Large company
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Groveland, MAOctober 3, 2015
This company was much larger than the others I've worked at and I felt that I wasn't as impactful there as I could have been. I ended up making a few test fixtures and designed many tests that I reported to my manager.
I also, only really worked with my manager instead of working with multiple departments, as most projects usually demand.
The Company is going throught management changes and reorganization
Employee (Current Employee) –  Stoneham, MAApril 10, 2015
It's being a great experience working at this company, until the changes and reorganization started.
We used to have a lot of incentives and recognition, flexible schedules and nice work environment. Since a new management I not longer feel secure.
Sales
Fluid Sealing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 14, 2013
Great products and marketing.

The corporate culture is a shark tank. Watch your back.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Corporate Culture