A2Z FIELD SERVICES

A2Z FIELD SERVICES Employee Reviews

This company had a good team environment with everyone aiming for a common goal. There was room to grow and get promoted as well. I started as a temp and worked my way up to being the Deputy Project Manager with our client HUD. Micromanagement was a negative.
Pros
Team oriented, growth in company
Cons
short breaks and micromanagement
I wouldn’t waste my time with this company. Management only looks out for their friends, no matter how hard you work. The pay sucks, not flexible at all with scheduling. The place is ran like a prison.
Cons
It was nice to work with A2Z as a subcontractor, however, it was hard to try to get the workload that was needed to sustain a career with A2Z FIeld Services.
If you are not in the inner circle of those in management, prepare to be taken advantage of and overworked. I was consistently made to carry my team and their workload. When others slacked off, the workload moved to my desk, and I was expected to have utmost accuracy while working at two to three times the average pace to get the team back on track. Within weeks, I was given the task of training all of the new temporary employees while also being expected to maintain my required workload of order processes. Many times, those in the "inner circle" were awarded Employee of the Month awards, were allowed to leave early, and left to play games in the meeting room. During training, you are on the floor and, of course, will be talking. Multiple times, I was reprimanded for speaking aloud (during training) and that the floor needs to be "silent at all times." Benefits were high priced for what was being offered. I worked here during the recession, so it was good to pay the bills until something better came along.
Pros
Decent job in a down economy
Cons
Clique-like atmosphere
I enjoyed the work that I did here, but once they lost their contract with HUD we basically had 2 choices move to the corporate office (little to no training) or lose our jobs.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good people worked at the company, but there is no real opportunities to grow. Some time there is not enough work to go around. Other times there is to much work and overtime is required by all of the staff.
Decent company to work for to start your career, but not a company to stay with long term. Family oriented which is a plus. Contracts come and go. Money is not consistent and promotions are scarce.
The day starts out with what you did wrong the day before, bad way to start a day. Continues on with vendors that have no idea what they are doing because they are not trained well, so it's difficult to process their jobs.
I am given jobs through the computer which I can accept or not accept. I am given three days to complete a empty home inspection via my smart phone. I enjoy the work very much - I am looking for extra job for extra money.
Pros
Keep my own schedule.
Cons
There is not enough jobs for me
It was started as a family company and it continued that way throughout the company's growth. Dress was casual, unless clients were expected in the building. There is, however, very limited opportunity for advancement.
A2Z Field Services is a good short term work place. Unfortunately there is no room for advancement and I find myself stuck repeating the same mundane task on a daily bases.
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
No opportunity to grow
A2Z is a good place to start your professional career in the field services industry. For myself, it was my first full time job in a more professional environment, but don't worry, it's not too professional or stuffy, it has a nice, laid-back environment, casual dress, managers and supervisors are usually pretty cool. Most full time employees are hourly, you accrue your PTO w/each paycheck so days off are hard to come by and they would prefer you make up time, some departments are better than others, be prepared to work with individuals of all different types, some lazy and going nowhere who complain about their jobs daily, some who enjoy their job and work hard. Overall they were flexible with me and my schedule, always wiling to work with you to accommodate your needs, supervisors are understanding, if you show up, work hard, and aren't completely lazy you will probably stand out and receive opportunity for advancement.
Pros
casual work environment, training offered, useful knowledge
Cons
No sick days or personal, big gap between management and hourly employees
WONDERFUL TEAM, GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!! would've stayed however the pay wasn't what I needed. only paid $12 an hour. to take care of my family I needed to make a little more than that. Chris and Justin are the best and most caring supervisors anyone could have. wonderful trainers!
Pros
hour, company fun, co workers
Cons
pay
No real issues except pay is low. Extensive traveling throughout the state. Very positive experience. Wish I could afford to work it full time. Jobs are hit and miss
This is a fun place to work. I learned a lot about how to manage my time and responsibilities. This company is willing to work with you on most things so you can be successful.
Management seem less knowledgeable then the average employee. Opportunities to advance seem to be more about office politics then actual job performance.
Pros
Solid work schedule
Cons
Meh pay and poor management. Little advancement opportunities.
I have enjoyed working here since I started. I have been allowed to learn a variety of skills and encouraged to grow. All of my co-workers are fun and hard working. The hardest part is dealing with different technical issues. However, the issues are usually solved. The most enjoyable part is being able to laugh at the ridiculous photos of properties.
My normal day consisted of reviewing images and reviewing costs in housing damages, making a decision on if we could sell the house or not and reporting it to the above authority. Management was nice, co workers were fun to talk to, sometimes people would send interesting joke photos in. The toughest part was the traffic because of the repairs in the road that year.
A2Z brings in temporaries and 'auditions ' them for three of four days ,then dumps them if they are not experts on the A@Z computer system, after 3 or 4 hours of training, with NO review. Temps are working files their first day and are expected to do everything correctly after being shown the process ONCE ! Pay was ridiculous considering the work load at $11.50 an hour. This office has lost their HUD contract Sept., 2015 so hopefully will be closing !
Pros
Poor training
Cons
Too much of a work load to take a scheduled break.
You don't get far in this business unless you personally know a member of management, whom prefer to stay out of the office more than they do in. They're not very understanding when it comes to people with children so this job would be better suited to someone who's single. The benefits are good, insurance starts on day one, you get X amount of hours of PTO that's earned every pay period and it never expires. You can save up PTO hours for two years if you really wanted and take two months off at once. A friend quit there due to being bullied after she got promoted into another department because the person who wanted the job personally knew the people in management and had been there longer but couldn't do the job correctly. Lots of drama but if you can overlook that and focus on the benefits, go ahead. Pay is determined on how much they like you, there is no consistency. I was paid $12/hr starting out, my friend was at $15/hr after a year, some temps were $9/hr, others were around $13/hr while other full timers made $9/hr. Ridiculous. They also don't like nursing mothers, stating to another friend of mine that she has to pump in the nasty bathroom instead of the unoccupied back room they had.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no lunch unless you come in early. Drama. Nepotism.
Very intense position with a contractor who worked for HUD. Contract could be pulled at any time. Very stressful; high turnover. No advancement, no raises, minimum benefits.
  1. Employee Reviews