ABC COMPANIES Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJune 18, 2018
Fantastic management, very family oriented, there is OEM software, OEM training, continuous education, cash benefits for ASE certifications, always plenty of work
Good
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Would work for this company again loved my job just was discouraged after being passed on for advancement good involvement in projects and traveling for support staff.
Pros
Learning skills
Cons
Some management not suitable at the time
Wonderful people
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLNovember 22, 2017
Outstanding family business, caring culture, work hard - have fun. Everyone pitches in works together. Great working conditions. Fair pay structure and leaders
Poor upper management and long-term vision
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLSeptember 23, 2017
Upper management pit departments against each other resulting in a cut throat environment between bus sales, service, bus parts and coach parts and external sales.

Parts planning is ineffective and disconnected from dynamic combined item requirements for iternal, external and contract usage causing continual shortages and lost sales that are not even measured.

Customer relationship management is above average or better in all departments. Supplier relationship management is very poor with almost no effort applied. Many long term suppliers have provided the competition a pricing advantage as a result.
Pros
Pay for management is competitive
Cons
Pay for hourly employees is poor, esp at Muncie
Good entry leveljob
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 29, 2017
Good place to work. Enjoyed the competitive atmosphere. The hours were good along with the pay. The previous management left a lot to be desired. Not a bad work place.
Managment blows
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 26, 2017
there is very little to no communication, training basically doesn't exist.
management is totally lacking the ability to do anything.
can't even begin to do our job much less manage their workers
way, way too much favoritism
hiring friends and relatives and promoting them ahead of those that work hard know the job that truly deserve it
there are no opportunities to move up the company ladder
due to the favoritism there
and only if you are a brown nose or a friend of management
the place is very unorganized
Pros
decent benefits, hours, alot of good people
Cons
poor management, favoritism
Cheap with their money for raises
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLMarch 19, 2017
Workers are great, management is worthless and clueless. Very cheap on pay raise. Most management have no clue what or how to fix a problem on a bus and should not be in charge.
Pros
Floor techs are great people
Cons
Management is clueless
Solid company
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 31, 2017
ABC is a great company to work for. My time there taught me alot about the field that I still use today. Great environment and great management.
Wonderful Place to work
Parts Department (Former Employee) –  Nappanee, INJanuary 11, 2017
ABC is a great place to work. Management is very professional and skilled. Great environment with lots of opportunity for over-time.
Good place to work at.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 30, 2016
I'm a automotive tech that repair brakes transmission hack system and some electrical and would like to stay in the same field making more money to support myself and my family for the future to come.
Pros
1hour lunch break and pto time
Cons
Could a little more money
Company management
TECH (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 27, 2016
This company is a great company. But, they are managed all differently, from Florida to redwood city. Based on my current experience with ABC - They lack a lot of communication, training is horrible, management does favor a lot here , they play games here that is not legal in the US. Meaning they will plot against people to get them fired, just because they are not liked or they mess up once. Management here does not even recognized the good hardworking employees. You get no holiday parties, no employee of the month, they pressure you to work harder than you do, no praise or thank you's but a lousy raise of .17- .20 cents. That is if you are good with the boss you can get up to $5. You get corporate visits who constantly change things around and is never consistent. They also look down on you. If you are not in management or a top notch mechanic or good with any one up there. Oh You will never get acknowledge. This work place is full of gossip, drama and disrespectful people. Just horrible. Also you will never be able to move up here within the company because they only hire outsiders before even offering a open position to a current employee. No opportunity to move up is given here. This workplace is busy and is disorganized. No one seems to have it together. There are people here that you can work with and work hard. But...are not even acknowledge well/appreciated. Only great thing about this company they will hire anyone who needs a job and will help gain experience and have great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Disorginzed, Alot of illegal activities, Hostile work enviroment
Not a productive workplace, hostile work environment, boss does not communicate but threatens and bullies.
Dictator (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMarch 21, 2016
The boss is a bully, does not give you time to accurately do the duties assigned and will not pay you for what you are being asked to do. This company is 1 year from closing down.
Pros
Cons
Nobody is happy everyone is looking to leave the company
Terrible place to work
Auto Body Worker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City NJJuly 26, 2015
Worse place I ever work for remember this name Mervyn Guy from Honduras worse co worker bad person ABC Jersey City terrible place to work
Pros
n/a
Cons
Coworkers
Great place to work with wonderful people
Customer Service/Ordser Entry (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 6, 2014
A typical day at work is entering orders from customers and answering emails. I have learned a lot more about the computer and how to do more things. Co-workders and management are some fo the greatest people to work with. The hardest part of the jobs--really nothing, except making sure you enter the right customer and parts needed. The most enjoyable part is finding new friends from the customers, even you never get to meet them, you can still enjoy them and joke with them throught email.

I really enjoy this job I am just looking for a part-time position to work in the evenings and/or weekends
Pros
They sometimes treat us with catered lunches and at Christmas and Thanksgiving, we have a carry in
Cons
nothing
The shop culture and mood were driven by my behavior
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Nappanee, INOctober 19, 2013
I am the type of leader that leads from in front.
All of my employees always know where they stand.
If they follow then I reward them. If the employees don't follow they are not at my facility long.

I like to maintain a work place that encourages change, continuous improvement, and ownership in our final product.
Pros
This company promotes ownership and entrepreneurship.
Cons
Long term planning is lacking in many areas
General stocker,unloader
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLSeptember 12, 2013
General labor, ensure my work area was clean. When new shipment arrives secure unpacking of products
Always on the go!
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  costa mesa, caAugust 14, 2013
Being responsible for clients all over the SW region, I was rarely in the office. Between driving and flying, my daily goals were to maximize every moment I had in front of my customer. Using the concept "put the customer first," I developed lasting relationships that translated into double digit gains. By for the most difficult part of my job was the limited hours. Even working every second of every day, there was always more to do. Since time waits for no one, I focused on a priorities assessment I developed to ensure I was spend my time to its best usage. Finally, the best part- shaking hands with a client knowing we are both winners in the contract we sighed.
Pros
becoming friends with my clients, seeing the world, living life to its fullest
Cons
too many clients and not enough time
summary
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNJune 5, 2013
ABC was a good company to work for, I just think that the management team needs to be a little more together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC COMPANIES. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ABC COMPANIES.

Powered by Comparably