ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Employee Reviews

Job
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLApril 19, 2019
It is high paced and I learned a lot about the products that we were selling. It is all about a healthy atmosphere of helping each other and the guests. We all in the end want everyone to have a safe and fun time. I get along with the store manager and the assistant extremely well, and we all have a good laugh at work most days. We are very work focused and orientated, but it does get monotonous day in and day out, so we like to spice it up with the laughs. The hardest part of the job has to be working the warehouse truck. It shows up anywhere between 4-6 in the morning on Wednesday, and we usually unload it with the help of the driver. After that it is making sure it is all checked in and working on to the shelves, and we are pretty tired by then. On top of that we have to help customers until another coworker shows up at either 10 or 12. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customer or guest feel like they are a part of the family and getting them to laugh.
Pros
Discounts on select wines and liquors
Cons
Low salary
A day at work
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLApril 16, 2019
We enjoy our work, no breaks but no time for it. I am on my feet all day helping either my coworkers with restocking or register issues, or helping customers with their selections on wines or spirits. It is fun to do these things since I am surrounded by wonderful people. I can't complain about them, but the pay I can. I am making barely enough to get by and even then I am not making it.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, paid vacation
Cons
not enough hourly pay
Overall good work experience
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2019
Normally we were able to meet our company mission in customer service. Often duties, especially deliveries an customers conflicted meeting the companies mission.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not staffed to meet work goals
Decent to work at
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 5, 2019
It's certainly better than most retail jobs you can find. Fellow teammates always look out for each other and store management will stand behind you if a problem arises. There are plenty of education opportunities for the alcohol beverage industry but not enough room to act on them despite all the incentive programs.
Pros
decent insurance and benefits, above minimum wage for the state
Cons
stressful environment, not enough communication with upper management
If you don’t want to move up in the company or get any raises or acknowledgment for hard work then this is the job for you
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 1, 2019
Overworked but never acknowledged for any of your hard work. No type of compensation or raises will be given to you unless you’re lucky to get a couple of cents thrown at you.. the management is horrible because they decide to make young kids managers who disappear with one of your wine consultants to have sex in the stores janitor closet and disappear for hours at a time. Worked here for almost a year before I decided I had enough and found another job that gave me 4 raises within the year I was there, I started at 10 and went up to 15 very quickly and was even promoted to shipping department supervisor. At ABC you will be stuck on the cash register all day because they decided that you are the best cashier and you will get stuck with all the ignorant alcoholic customers because you aren’t allowed to move from the register and nobody is willing to help you out when it gets slammed. If you’re okay with drama and being treated like dirt then this is the job you want, but I seriously would recommend that you avoid working here.
Pros
Coworkers were pretty easygoing and cool
Cons
Everything. You will be a slave with no social life at this job
Pretty decent
Assistant Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 30, 2019
It's a great job. Management is decent depending on the location. Also, they have great benefits and you can easily move up if you show potential. Really flexible with your schedule and they try to accommodate as much as possible.
Great Place To Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2019
Great family place to work, even though the company has really grown, somehow some of that family owned/family values has stayed, which is why so many stay. Low stress positions, highly recommend.
Pros
L:ow stress, great family feel
Cons
Lower Pay
Great company with just one flaw...
Wine & Spirits Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2019
Great place to work if you lived up north. Mission and culture is strong with very stable and happy employees. Unfortunately, ABC was and sometimes is blind to the undercover activity of some store (Asst. Manager 212) who do not follow policy and mission of the company but only collect a weekly check and sit around looking at their cell phone or allow others to do the same. Thieves walk out with merchandise in hand with no report filed which was often.. Not to mention being rude to some guests which is mentioned on store reviews. Furthermore, ABC response comes in too late to recover what is lost. Great company but they need to investigate further on store reviews and guest complaints for success. I love working with the guests and follow mission statement which was recently updated the month of February (this year) since they have implemented an excellent new HR team. This is great news for a great company who should only employ and keep candidates who have good relationships and reviews from their guests. It is a shame they keep certain individuals not deserving of their position.
Pros
Great incentives and benefits for hard work.
Cons
Hard work is not a team effort. Many times alone while others watch.
informative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Working there for as long as I did I gained alot of knowledge I did not have before. Loved working with guests since I have always loved to work in customer service type jobs
Left for better pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FL 32164February 10, 2019
I liked this job, just got a better position with better pay. Would recommend this job to others. Get team work. The job duties were easy and the manager was very approachable.
Fun retail environment
Beer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Customer service based retail environment with a focus on selling certain brand merchandise and discussion about merchandise. May also include cashier work, stocking and unloading deliveries.
Do not apply if you want a career
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Worst company I have ever work for. They do over $555 million dollars in sales, but run the business like a mom & pop hardware store on the corner.They are looking to move only family members into senior level positions, so there is no room for advancement. Family members are put into positions without any experience with the hope that they will learn the job. The main problem with that is they only know what they have learned in the position. The family members do not have any other work experience. This was a huge hindrance. Also, non-family members are afraid to tell family members what they need to hear out of fear of getting fired for rocking the boat.
Most bad managers rise to the level of their incompetence. At ABC, they keep getting promoted.
Pros
Lots of free alcohol
Cons
everything else
abc
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 30, 2019
Great place to manage! I left because of new owners. I was looking to stay there but the new owners decided to find a whole new staff to start fresh with
Official response from ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
February 4, 2019

Hello!

Just to clarify - ABC Fine Wine & Spirits has about 120 locations, all in the state of Florida and our ownership has never changed since 1936. This would be an unrelated ABC up in South Carolina.

Official response from ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
February 15, 2019

This must be a different ABC, not ABC Fine Wine & Spirits in Florida. Our ownership has never changed since 1936!

The work place is great when we have enough staff
Assist store manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Abc Is a great company to work for. Great benefits. Family orientated company. So you feel like family... I love it... Been here almost 13 years. The guest are great. At my store we have alot of regulars so you learn them by name. Like I said Abc is a great company.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 28, 2019
Pay could be a little better... The customers were great and my co-workers were even better. It was a very laid back experience and I wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Pay
Employer that cares about PEOPLE over profits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2019
This is a very unique workplace that is run by management that really cares about its people. From their benefits, to their team building, to the way the CEO knows everyone's name, to the way they do all they can to make their employees healthy, to work here is to find a home.

Everyone at ABC works very hard, because they want to, because they are committed to the company. It is maybe true that ABC does not pay the highest per hour over other retailers. But they have a bonus program every month, great benefits and discounts, and the ability to promote from within quickly and raise your earnings.

Mainly, it seems that people come here to work and stay because of the people, and because they like the company culture of kindness, acceptance and fun.
Pros
Company of Integrity, Family Owned, Great People, Benefits
Cons
Lazy people will hate it here. We work hard.
Toxic environment Stay Away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Wow where do I start. company a bunch of toxic lying and uncareing individuals this is management and corporate at its finest. you r a puppet they make u do whatever they need if it affects your lifestyle they don't care if your man very hard work with lousy pay but if your a women u got it made on computer or at register none to very little physical work if u don't want or can't do
Pros
FT job but more time to take advantage of u
Cons
Everything inside those 4 walls
Great work environment, low pay
Wine Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLJanuary 8, 2019
A wonderful place to work, great customers and work environment. Pay is ok to a bit low, and in cities hours are based on season and full time will be 32 or less hours a weeks.
Pros
Management, work environment and medical
Cons
Pay and hours
Horrible
Management (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLDecember 31, 2018
As a former employee who made it to management, it’s a horrible place to work. Employee retention is horrible and management is a joke. In this store it’s all about who you know and how close you are to the manager. Bias treatment all around from scheduling to assigning “special tasks” for the chosen ones. The previous manager was much better now the store is going down fast. Every time I go in I see unhappy faces
Pros
Discounts on water
Cons
Management, bias behavior, scheduling
About as wonderful as summer in the mountains
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 10, 2018
I never had an issue working here. The hours are long, there are no breaks, and truck day is a nightmare. But the potential to move up in the company is really high, although the pay is not the greatest. I know it sounds like everything I am saying is negative, but even instances like this can be changed with a good management team. I had probably the best team in the state of Florida, and I still talk to them regularly even though it is been a couple years since I have worked there. I definitely miss the environment despite the challenges I faced daily.
Pros
Advancement opportunity, certainly helps you lose weight working there
Cons
Low hourly pay, strenuous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight