ABC Home & Commercial Services Employee Reviews

na
Customer Service Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
I Love working for ABC Home and Commercial Servicesand do not plan on leaving the company. There is plenty room for advancement and the management is awesome

Thank you!
great career
Reginal Director/Production Manger (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXApril 2, 2018
8-5 days usually, great enviorment to work. Great boss's. My job would take pages to describe but for the average technician th sky was the limit and pay was great
if you dont brown nose you wont get hired or paid
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 31, 2018
i worked there for about two weeks and they fired me because they said i wanst paying attention which was bs. i was taking notes the whole time they are just greedy non christian taking advantage of the lil guy
Pros
Cons
boss' sucked
Good benefits
Licensed Inspector/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 11, 2018
Long hours, paycheck always is incorrect, too many mangers and confusing chain of command. Have learned many new things about the industry and they provide continuing education
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Unrealistic goals
Overall the company needs help with training
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2018
I started out at a different location and transferred to the austin location. When i arrived i was not trained properly and I was a victim of bulling. I dreaded going to work everyday. I finally had enough and quit.They have good pay but its not worth the drama.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Little to no training and full of drama (do not go to the residential dept)
Fun place to work, great coworkers and management
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Great place to work especially if you have multiple skills. Pay was great with bonuses and great benefits. If you like dealing with the public and love to work outdoors then this is the job for you.
Expect to not get paid for everything you do or are expected to do.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 5, 2018
Very poor work-home life balance. Expect to work a lot of weekends and expect to spend personal time confirming your check is correct. This company of makes "mistakes" when paying you but the mistakes are always in the companies favor. Expect to be pushed to do things for the company without getting a base pay or hourly rate.
Pros
Cons
poor work-home life balance, low PTO compared to other companies and shady pay practices.
Excellent Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
The people are excellent and friendly, and the job itself is very good. There are lots of different options and titles to apply for, but it will be easy to find a good fit. The whole team works together to ensure the best customer service for the clients. Very rarely do you leave work having a had a bad day. Great environment, great incentives, great benefits. Could get better coffee.
Great place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Its one of those jobs anyone can easily work for life. The benifits are insane and management will help you with anything you need from counciling to classes to advance in career.
Pros
Truck to take home, your pace, pays commision
Cons
Calling in is fcfs
Had no free time
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
Start the day at 6:30-7am and you have to load your truck everyday and your not getting paid till your at each stop. the manager is rude and puts his nose in your personal business. You are on the go all day till your done with all of your stops and the CSR's don't think about when it gets dark, they would have work in the dark than being done before dark. Everything is hard there and nothing fun and don't get any time with family.
Pros
nothing
Cons
commision, don't pay right, short change on pay, pay for company phone/uniforms
I’ve worked ABC over year. Best people around you work with, hardest part of the job is dealing with crazy weather other than that I enjoyed it
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston TXDecember 13, 2017
Great family oriented work environment, Communication is the key. Follow work process, Keep your truck organize, Be honest to everyone and ABC, Keep all your customers happy and you will be rewarded in a long run,.
Pros
Own truck, paid gas, own phone, equipments provided, money is good
Cons
GPS tracking device, Weather, Pest Stream issues, Accounting not accurate
Not a positive work atmosphere
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 7, 2017
A typical day involved development, configuration, diagnostics and support of Pest Control Technicians Handheld service device's, company server's, workstations, Internal, Network, Internet access, security, etc...

Unfortunately my supervisor believed in mushroom management, degradation and threats and no compensation for going above and beyond.
Positive encouragement is non-existent or minimal, and new idea's to further the advancement of technology or knowledge are suppressed or slow to be accepted.

I did enjoy the challenge and responsibility of maintaining all the hardware and software and service to my coworkers.
Cons
Overall Negative Management environment..
Fast paced environment requiring an intense ability to multitask.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2017
Challenging client base that one must deal with consistently 8+ hours a day. However, not only are clients demanding, the emotional impact of negativity from within the department was increasingly challenging as well.
Pros
Great insurance benefits, Gold's Gym free membership, made some amazing friendships with a few coworkers
Cons
Upper management was unexpectedly problematic with a high level of double standards, low pay for the amount of work that is required
I thought things were going well until...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
Was working on only my second week with ABC. I had not even finished my training when I was called into the HR office and was told I was being let go. I was told I was not what they were looking for and that this job was not what I was looking for. Not sure how they knew this about me after only 9 and half days of being employed. Up to this point I had enjoyed working with the company.
Pros
Nice office facility
Cons
Lots of politics going on
nice people but they won't you over work yourself with less pay
weed eaters, stick edger's and hedge trimmer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 22, 2017
the work didn't match the pay I was under the impression that I would be working on commercial but they put me on a route to mow grass at people homes.
Poor Management
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2017
Outdated information system, strong nepotism,
This company uses predatory recruiting on inexperienced young professionals, very poor middle to lower management on resolving any service issues.
Pros
job secuirty(hard to get fired)
Cons
leave policy, management, work schedule, routing
Official response from ABC Home & Commercial Services
July 27, 2017

Thank you for providing constructive feedback we can utilize as we strive to always improve our roll as one of Austin’s premier employers. We regret your experience as part of the ABC team was less than satisfactory.

I would like to take a moment to address your specific concerns:

In your brief statement, you did not identify which “information system” you referred to as “outdated”. Information Technology is dynamic by design, ABC continually researches the latest information system tools, updating when we feel it is appropriate and beneficial to our customers and team members.

Your use of the word “nepotism” was cast in a negative light, however we are a family owned business and have been for many years. We have extended the family culture to our team base, encouraging them to recruit their family members to join our ever-growing service family.

Our recruiting techniques are explored carefully before implementation and are designed not to exclude anyone, including young professionals. Our hope is in providing an opportunity to these first-time job seekers, we will provide them with the tools to succeed at ABC or in the working world if they choose another career path.
And finally, ABC invests much time and money to resolve all customer service issues in a prompt and equitable manner. The result of this stance has been continued customer retention and growth for many years. It is not only the levels of management that have made ABC successful, but every employee has been empowered to offer the absolute best in customer service.

Great for long term
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2017
Good company for long term but if you don't know anyone working there it could be hard to move up. They pick favorites. They also messed up my health insurance and blamed it on me. The also talk a big game but you're just another employee.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
Poor Management
Great group of employees and fun work
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 12, 2017
Great place to work, management cares about improving the work environment and is willing to listen. The actual daily work is fun by being outside and getting to take care of people and their homes. Really rewarding work
Pros
Team environment
Cons
can be really busy during the season
Productive and fun place to work at
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
Good Job but pay is inconsistent based on commission. Good work environment. Enjoyed the freedom and being able to drive company vehicle home. They offer 401K and benefits.
Scam
smarter 2 work for better company that pays better (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2017
This job is a lie as you can see in the job title ( watch out for you can earn/make "up to"... Up to $45,000.00 Per Year AMAZZIIIING, yeah and full of BS. I did a research on google by checking windows cleaning salary pays 10 to 11 dollars an hour. To make 45 per year you would need to make around 23 dollars an hour. I even did further research to make sure and searched google for window cleaning salary San Antonio tx and same pay rate no matter where you live.
Pros
hard work, get in shape, lots of exercise
Cons
very little pay, where talking pennies
Official response from ABC Home & Commercial Services
June 8, 2017

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We would love to discuss with you our compensation/benefits as well as the multiple ways to earn bonuses. Please contact our ABC office at 512-837-9500 and Human Resources will be happy to address this matter with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Home & Commercial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.5

1.9Personal Development

1.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

ABC Home & Commercial Services Reviews by Location