ABC Home & Commercial Services Employee Reviews

Family oriented workplace. Tight community feel.
Sales Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 19, 2018
Learned about household pests from certified technicians and entomologists.

Management was both great and bad.

Family oriented workplace.

Being micromanaged was an issue at times.

Best part of the job was employee events such as, luncheons, parties, events, etc...
The department matters
Pest/Termite/Rodent/and Bed Bug Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2018
During my time as a Pest, Termite, and Rodent Technician, the job is the job, its all about the people you work with on a day in and day out schedule. We developed a team/family atmosphere where we care what happens to one another and really helped each other out by sharing experiences and problem solving techniques.
Then, I changed departments and things changed and the culture became "its my way or the highway" type attitude. From the day I chaged departments I was told I could not make a decision unless I ran it by the Operations Manager.
Pros
Company Truck and Company Phone
Cons
Depending on Department Micromanaged to the extreme
Prepare to go home miserable & frustrated every day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2018
Met some great people and made great friendships with people, but the negatives highly outweigh the positives.
Positives: I enjoyed manipulating the schedule & making something work to get customers in ASAP. People constantly came to me for help with the schedule.
I loved my team & how we worked together to make things happen & would communicate with each other. Most of the departments do not operate this way, though they like to advertise that they do.
Nice perks associated with the job (free or discounted Gold's Gym & Sam's Club membership, discounted services, fun competitions and/or office events for fundraising and holidays)

Negatives:
Parking lot is atrocious
Would go to HR for problems, was told it would be handled/looked into, pulled aside by manager/supervisor the next day & hear my exact words used to describe issues I brought up. No anonymity
Several people have been bullied/pushed out to the point of quitting & it's all swept under the rug or ignored. Gossiping & rumors run rampant.
Lack of communication. Things would rarely be communicated between departments, so misinformation would be spread and lead to frustrating situations or customers.
Favoritism & double-standards. Many people could get away with things (not taking calls/completing call lists, taking long lunches/breaks) and wouldn't have anything said to them (friends with supervisor/managers) but then others would be getting in trouble for doing the exact same thing.
Customer clientele is not worth dealing with for the little you are paid. All they have to do is yell & scream enough at
  more... the CSRs and/or techs/supervisors and they'll get their way. Most of the customers need to be fired for treating the staff the way they do--some accounts are noted to not send people of a certain race and/or gender. No company needs customers like that.
Little-to-no advancement unless you're buddies with higher ups.
Job security is good though, since turnover is so high (techs & CSRs drop like flies) you'll always be guaranteed a job position.
Pros
Good insurance, majority of good coworkers, job security, discounted services
Cons
Dramatic/hostile work environment, favoritism, no accountability/communication, awful customers, no parking
Exercise and game rooms
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 9, 2018
Reliable place to work
Provided with Company Vehicle
Paid training
Paid for licenses
Opportunity for commercial, structural and turf and ornamental licenses
Opportunity for advancement
Weekly meetings with supervisor
Monthly meeting with Owner
Pros
Potential for advancement well compensated community involved company
Cons
None come to mind
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
Great place to work. Organized, good communication and provides good customer service. Lots of work and very stable. Overtime and On-call is available for extra pay.
Accounting Assistant - Fleet Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2018
Great family owned business with consistent hours. I learned a lot here that I will never forget and am grateful for the opportunity to work there.
The hardest thing about working in the office is just how repetitive/tedious it can get. Other than that, great workplace.
I wouldn't recommend
Pest/Rodent Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
ABC training is a 6-8 week period, providing in depth knowledge of the various services and your particular department. Management is spread thin, workplace feels very clique-like, you can tell that some of management & staff was hired based off of who they know and not what they know. Work was not always consistent, and pay is commission based. I enjoyed the independence of the job, and the incentives to make more income. You are able to test into higher commission rates. However, the inconsistency in work, lack of proper equipment and unnecessary stress from some of the staff (customer service & sales department) as well as mistakes on paychecks from accounting outweigh the positive aspects of the company. ABC is not the company they proclaim to be.
na
Customer Service Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2018
I Love working for ABC Home and Commercial Servicesand do not plan on leaving the company. There is plenty room for advancement and the management is awesome

Thank you!
great career
Reginal Director/Production Manger (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXApril 2, 2018
8-5 days usually, great enviorment to work. Great boss's. My job would take pages to describe but for the average technician th sky was the limit and pay was great
if you dont brown nose you wont get hired or paid
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 31, 2018
i worked there for about two weeks and they fired me because they said i wanst paying attention which was bs. i was taking notes the whole time they are just greedy non christian taking advantage of the lil guy
Pros
Cons
boss' sucked
Work
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 25, 2018
There were a lot of great things about the company knowing that I had a job everyday and I had a lot of get customers as well something that I can't complain about on that end.
Pros
Enjoy dealing with properties and clients
Cons
Lack of communication
Good benefits
Licensed Inspector/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 11, 2018
Long hours, paycheck always is incorrect, too many mangers and confusing chain of command. Have learned many new things about the industry and they provide continuing education
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Unrealistic goals
Overall the company needs help with training
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2018
I started out at a different location and transferred to the austin location. When i arrived i was not trained properly and I was a victim of bulling. I dreaded going to work everyday. I finally had enough and quit.They have good pay but its not worth the drama.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Little to no training and full of drama (do not go to the residential dept)
Fun place to work, great coworkers and management
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Great place to work especially if you have multiple skills. Pay was great with bonuses and great benefits. If you like dealing with the public and love to work outdoors then this is the job for you.
Expect to not get paid for everything you do or are expected to do.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 5, 2018
Very poor work-home life balance. Expect to work a lot of weekends and expect to spend personal time confirming your check is correct. This company of makes "mistakes" when paying you but the mistakes are always in the companies favor. Expect to be pushed to do things for the company without getting a base pay or hourly rate.
Pros
Cons
poor work-home life balance, low PTO compared to other companies and shady pay practices.
Excellent Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
The people are excellent and friendly, and the job itself is very good. There are lots of different options and titles to apply for, but it will be easy to find a good fit. The whole team works together to ensure the best customer service for the clients. Very rarely do you leave work having a had a bad day. Great environment, great incentives, great benefits. Could get better coffee.
Great place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Its one of those jobs anyone can easily work for life. The benifits are insane and management will help you with anything you need from counciling to classes to advance in career.
Pros
Truck to take home, your pace, pays commision
Cons
Calling in is fcfs
Had no free time
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
Start the day at 6:30-7am and you have to load your truck everyday and your not getting paid till your at each stop. the manager is rude and puts his nose in your personal business. You are on the go all day till your done with all of your stops and the CSR's don't think about when it gets dark, they would have work in the dark than being done before dark. Everything is hard there and nothing fun and don't get any time with family.
Pros
nothing
Cons
commision, don't pay right, short change on pay, pay for company phone/uniforms
I’ve worked ABC over year. Best people around you work with, hardest part of the job is dealing with crazy weather other than that I enjoyed it
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston TXDecember 13, 2017
Great family oriented work environment, Communication is the key. Follow work process, Keep your truck organize, Be honest to everyone and ABC, Keep all your customers happy and you will be rewarded in a long run,.
Pros
Own truck, paid gas, own phone, equipments provided, money is good
Cons
GPS tracking device, Weather, Pest Stream issues, Accounting not accurate
Not a positive work atmosphere
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 7, 2017
A typical day involved development, configuration, diagnostics and support of Pest Control Technicians Handheld service device's, company server's, workstations, Internal, Network, Internet access, security, etc...

Unfortunately my supervisor believed in mushroom management, degradation and threats and no compensation for going above and beyond.
Positive encouragement is non-existent or minimal, and new idea's to further the advancement of technology or knowledge are suppressed or slow to be accepted.

I did enjoy the challenge and responsibility of maintaining all the hardware and software and service to my coworkers.
Cons
Overall Negative Management environment..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Home & Commercial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

1.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight