ABC Home & Commercial Services Employee Reviews

Stable work, poor management and communication
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 27, 2018
ABC is a good place to work if you just need a job. If you are looking for advancement please don't waste your time. Men tend to get paid more and promoted more. Management poorly handles complaints and give you the runaround. The human resources department is pretty much nonexisting and not helpful. Pay is unfair throughout the company, some departments pay more than others. Nepotism style of hiring. Training is nonexisting. My first weeks were awkward, I didn't know what I was doing and I just sat there without proper equipment and no direction.
I do like the job security and the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, poor management
Great CEO, poor Management
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
Bobby is an amazing CEO who focuses on improving his company for the better of the community, his employees & himself. Though, biggest gripe is management by far. Their logistics are highly questionable when you begin as an employee. They train you with if you have no experience, though it’s like they weren’t prepared for a new hire. They’re in charge of making sure you’re trained though if they failed to train you correctly, they consider restricting you to only pest control. Their logistics in giving you an area is also questionable. Management does have a lot of employees to look over, though you have to remind them constantly to get anything done for you. They’re not bad people. The efficiency is what is lacking.
Pros
Company Vehicle, Good Benefits, Comission
Cons
No breaks, Long Days with low pay sometimes, comission
The department matters
Pest/Termite/Rodent/and Bed Bug Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2018
During my time as a Pest, Termite, and Rodent Technician, the job is the job, its all about the people you work with on a day in and day out schedule. We developed a team/family atmosphere where we care what happens to one another and really helped each other out by sharing experiences and problem solving techniques.
Then, I changed departments and things changed and the culture became "its my way or the highway" type attitude. From the day I chaged departments I was told I could not make a decision unless I ran it by the Operations Manager.
Pros
Company Truck and Company Phone
Cons
Depending on Department Micromanaged to the extreme
Fun work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLOctober 2, 2018
Helped me get on my feet. Hired me on the spot. Fun working there. Many benefits. I worked there till I decided to work for myself when I put in my two weeks notice they we're understanding and it wasn't an issue. I would recommend this job to anyone who want to work for equal opportunity employer.
Pros
Free lunch daily stipend
Cons
Early shifts
Family oriented workplace. Tight community feel.
Sales Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 19, 2018
Learned about household pests from certified technicians and entomologists.

Management was both great and bad.

Family oriented workplace.

Being micromanaged was an issue at times.

Best part of the job was employee events such as, luncheons, parties, events, etc...
Okay
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2018
It is a decent place to work if you're single. Pay is better than a minimum wage job but nothing long term if you have a family. Overall there are ways to make more money but require a lot of brown nosing.
Pros
Company Vehicle, good benefits, cell phone.
Cons
some days you work long hours with little pay.
ABC is a fast paced busy setting
CSR/ Call Center (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2018
Abc is a fast paced place to work normally, A typical day is answering customer calls and doing what is necessary to help. The management is normally very understanding if you need anything.
The workers are Great people
Accounting Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 2, 2018
When I first started working there it was a very great place to work, some of the management team are very great and make the rough and hard days easy to get by.
Good Security
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2018
Good benefits and job security if you try hard and do your best. Many different positions and job availability. Management does listen and try to improve every year.
I wouldn't recommend
Pest/Rodent Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
ABC training is a 6-8 week period, providing in depth knowledge of the various services and your particular department. Management is spread thin, workplace feels very clique-like, you can tell that some of management & staff was hired based off of who they know and not what they know. Work was not always consistent, and pay is commission based. I enjoyed the independence of the job, and the incentives to make more income. You are able to test into higher commission rates. However, the inconsistency in work, lack of proper equipment and unnecessary stress from some of the staff (customer service & sales department) as well as mistakes on paychecks from accounting outweigh the positive aspects of the company. ABC is not the company they proclaim to be.
Exercise and game rooms
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 9, 2018
Reliable place to work
Provided with Company Vehicle
Paid training
Paid for licenses
Opportunity for commercial, structural and turf and ornamental licenses
Opportunity for advancement
Weekly meetings with supervisor
Monthly meeting with Owner
Pros
Potential for advancement well compensated community involved company
Cons
None come to mind
Accounting Assistant - Fleet Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2018
Great family owned business with consistent hours. I learned a lot here that I will never forget and am grateful for the opportunity to work there.
The hardest thing about working in the office is just how repetitive/tedious it can get. Other than that, great workplace.
Overall the company needs help with training
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2018
I started out at a different location and transferred to the austin location. When i arrived i was not trained properly and I was a victim of bulling. I dreaded going to work everyday. I finally had enough and quit.They have good pay but its not worth the drama.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Little to no training and full of drama (do not go to the residential dept)
Expect to not get paid for everything you do or are expected to do.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 5, 2018
Very poor work-home life balance. Expect to work a lot of weekends and expect to spend personal time confirming your check is correct. This company of makes "mistakes" when paying you but the mistakes are always in the companies favor. Expect to be pushed to do things for the company without getting a base pay or hourly rate.
Pros
Cons
poor work-home life balance, low PTO compared to other companies and shady pay practices.
if you dont brown nose you wont get hired or paid
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 31, 2018
i worked there for about two weeks and they fired me because they said i wanst paying attention which was bs. i was taking notes the whole time they are just greedy non christian taking advantage of the lil guy
Pros
Cons
boss' sucked
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
Great place to work. Organized, good communication and provides good customer service. Lots of work and very stable. Overtime and On-call is available for extra pay.
Excellent Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
The people are excellent and friendly, and the job itself is very good. There are lots of different options and titles to apply for, but it will be easy to find a good fit. The whole team works together to ensure the best customer service for the clients. Very rarely do you leave work having a had a bad day. Great environment, great incentives, great benefits. Could get better coffee.
Work
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 25, 2018
There were a lot of great things about the company knowing that I had a job everyday and I had a lot of get customers as well something that I can't complain about on that end.
Pros
Enjoy dealing with properties and clients
Cons
Lack of communication
Had no free time
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2017
Start the day at 6:30-7am and you have to load your truck everyday and your not getting paid till your at each stop. the manager is rude and puts his nose in your personal business. You are on the go all day till your done with all of your stops and the CSR's don't think about when it gets dark, they would have work in the dark than being done before dark. Everything is hard there and nothing fun and don't get any time with family.
Pros
nothing
Cons
commision, don't pay right, short change on pay, pay for company phone/uniforms
Good benefits
Licensed Inspector/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 11, 2018
Long hours, paycheck always is incorrect, too many mangers and confusing chain of command. Have learned many new things about the industry and they provide continuing education
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Unrealistic goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Home & Commercial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

1.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight