ABC Legal Services Employee Reviews

Summation
Process Server(contract) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 3, 2019
This was a contract situation, so a typical day was receiving court documents via UPS, sorting them alphabetically, then figuring out, by address, who to serve first.
The beauty of this job is being able to set your own hours and your own pace. There are times where the documents are time-sensitive, but that's not an issue. The hardest part of the job was dealing with conflicts. Whether it was personality issues or paperwork issues, everything was done over-the-phone or by email. Otherwise, you deliver papers, get paid. Good job.
productive.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for ABC legal. It was a fun laid back environment with stressful work to be done. I loved my colleagues, and learned a lot about computer skills.
The bonus is you work on your own time, however you must work evenings and weekends
Legal Process Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2018
You work off an app that has glitches, and when the app gives you trouble it's hard to get in touch with someone from ABC Legal, and they take your work from you and give it to someone else, after you've invested your own time an money to get licensed. They need to work on their support for their servers.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Work in not consistent
Dont talk to any lawyers
Process Server (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 2, 2018
Was paired up with a Lawyer to serve papers at court. We were their together for more than 3 hours so small talk was exchanged. The very next day I lost my job. I think me telling the lawyer that I asired to be a independent contractor was threatening to them. I guess Ill need to take classes and be serious about it now.
Pros
Lots of work.
Cons
Work was in spurts and cut throat managment.
Do not work here
Server (Current Employee) –  DallasOctober 12, 2018
Their technology sucks. They expect you to maintain a 95% rating on their app but if your in an area with no cell reception you can guarantee That won’t remain that way . The wear an tear on your car is horrible. They pull papers from you after 4 attempts keep them for ever and after 30 days you get them back and not even paid . Not to mention their partner support has no idea what they are doing
Pros
If you like working by yourself
Cons
Tear On your car and technology
Terrible job
Process Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 24, 2018
You will have guns put in your face, no travel expense reimbursement, they change up paper work procedures all the time and they take that as a chance to not pay you.
Pros
Self employment
Cons
Too many to mention
Easy Money.
Process Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2018
This job is a very fast and easy way to make money alot of canvassing temporary jobs, all short term but for good pay. maybe walking door to door or collecting signatures outside of a busy store.
Pros
Easy and fast money.
Cons
long hours and boring
Awful training
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2018
You essentially don't get trained. Management just throws you in there and expects you to learn everything right away, and gets upset if you ask questions. Pay is awful, Taco Bell employees earn more. Everything is based of favoritism, and no matter how hard you work- they will kick you out if the manager doesn't like you
Pros
Cons
everything
Great for part time work
Process Server (Current Employee) –  MississippiAugust 22, 2018
I have worked for ABC legal since July 2018 and I have enjoyed my time here. It was a slow go at first because I didn't understand how it all worked but the partner support was very helpful. $40 per resolution is the rate here in my area of Ms, but for the rest of August they increased by $5! So that is a great incentive to work. I have a full time job and work this a few hours after work. If I complete them fine if not there is always tomorrow. Its a very nice supplemental income.
Pros
Laid back and easy app instructions
Cons
No paid mileage
good and bad
Legal Processor (Current Employee) –  MississippiAugust 20, 2018
I enjoy working for ABC some of the time. Problem they're located in Seattle and if you have an immediate question, tough luck. I'm working while they're still sleeping

Going to a residence 4x is more than ridiculous, oh they don't pay mileage.
So you hope to catch the servee the 1st time but usually not, so w/gas and wear and tear on your car...its $ outta your pocket.

Sometimes you'll get an "order" on your app to do something that wasn't stipulated when you were hired. I attempted a serve at 5:15 and no one was home after trying early in morning 2x and middle of day. Got a note on app, go back after 6:00....uh that wasn't in the time stipulations

If you can catch ppl home the 1st time the money is decent, but I've accumulated 25k miles in only 10 months and no work on a Monday. Terrible. Really don't know how long I'm gonna continue.

Many of the ppl who work back in Seattle are good ppl, but are working for peanuts and have a huge overload of paperwork
Pros
easy $ when things go right
Cons
bad $, have to work the ghetto and getting threats
Good Benefits but little opportunity for advancement
Court Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2018
The job can be stressful at times and there can be a lot of unnecessary micromanagement. Great people, but management could do a better job of listening to employees and accommodating for differences of personality. Overall, this was a nice place to work but the pay wasn't sufficient for the expected output. Good job, but no real room for growth or increase in pay.
Pros
Good Benefits, Nice People
Cons
Low pay, little to no room for advancement
Its ok.
LEGAL PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MSAugust 9, 2018
ITs a job. Sometimes its nice to get your work done early and go home and enjoy the fam.

Other times its frustrating bc of a small mistake on paperwork and your metrics goes bad (red on the app). Many times the mailroom is slow about processing paperwork and metrics still go bad.

Most time its chilled sometimes scary dealing w/scoundrels of people.
Pros
TIme off
Cons
Work is not consistent.
Great experience, Horrible work environment
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2018
I thought working for ABC Legal would be a great start for a career but as time progressed, I found out it wasn't the career that I thought. The managers show favoritism to the employees that have been with the company the longest and they love to hire there family members or close friends to continue to keep the office going. They couldn't get any new hires because of the pay which is not enough to buy groceries. They expect for you to do a lot of paperwork and intake so much information and not pay enough for the knowledge you have learned throughout your working career. The training that they provide is a "throw to the wolves" mentality, management and the employees they have training new hires get extremely irritated and upset when your not comprehending the information in the correct way. But if they decided to have training the proper way companies have training for new hires, they wouldn't be so slow in processing and losing documents. Recommending anyone to this company would be a "last resort" situation, if you are in between jobs and need work for a moment, then this would be a place to apply, not for career oriented people. Since working for the company, employees have left the company and they haven't worked for the company more than a year. The employees working there wasn't warm to new hires and talked down about you when questions are needed to be ask to complete the process of documents. PLEASE DON'T APPLY TO THIS COMPANY, YOU WILL REGRET IT. I've never worked with individuals whose soul purpose in life was to take down other people to try and gain recognition  more... by any means necessary to boost there ego because they are incompetent of actually working hard.  less
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, Pay is horrible and the employees/management are rude and sneaky
Fast paced and slightly stressful but great team
Partner Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 8, 2018
Despite it being a bit overwhelming at times, the team based atmosphere helps keep things manageable. Great benefits and optional overtime is plentiful, as well as the opportunity for growth reviewed every few months
Pros
Bagel Fridays, great benefits, family like team
Cons
Stressful, long hours
Contractor - Process Server
Freelance Process Server (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2018
Very laid back, set your own hours when you want to deliver papers. I didn't get a lot of cases so this was a part time job for me. They pay promptly. Really cannot count on this job to make a living due to unstable job offers.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
No benefit, gas expense, no proper training
main points in order of importance (its not personal)
contract process server (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caMay 18, 2018
Its also beyond your control, "WE hire you to fire you and then wasting your time is funny ha ha>the people above you give the jobs to there friends .. and you cant see the moneybags they do exist... but not for you..
Pros
when you figure out the app works for other employees
Cons
seeing the potential if the app did work, the carrot on the string.
Decent
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2018
My typical day at ABC Legal was to put together civil, criminal, and family law case documents. Afterwards, I would travel to several courthouses in the state of Maryland and DC to file the cases. I would also pick up documents from our clientele of attorneys to deliver to the courts.
Good as a part time income
Process Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2018
I saw the ad on Indeed posted that hourly pay is $35. But after finished all the paperwork, I learned they pay only $27 per resolution in Houston (for each successful serve). Doesn't matter if you drive to the subject's house many times, you will only get $27 for personal/non-service serve. I did the math, my hourly pay comes out to be $7 which is below national average. They reimburse printing cost which will be out of your own expense (ink and paper). But the amount is very little, not even 10 cent a page.

I serve in suburban areas so didn't encounter internet connection issue. They are very strict that you have the GPS turned on all the time so they can tell if you are at subject's location. Photos are a must.

The work environment is very relaxed because I was working as a contractor. I have to visit people house in early morning 7-8 am, late at night 8-9 pm, and Saturday because people are more likely to be at home around those time.

This job is nice as a supplement income. But not something for full time unless you plan to run your own process server company or have another steady income. Because they can be slow at paying. No reimbursement for gas.
Chaos Inc.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2018
If chaos, drama, shifting rules and regulations (weekly sometimes) and leaders who have not the first clue how to treat people are what you are looking for apply here. Too many times I saw people slaving away only to be berated for not reading the managers mind and office drama throwing people under the bus. STAY AWAY!
Cons
Too many to list.
Its an ok place to start or get experience
Process Server (Former Employee) –  Texas City Junction, TXApril 18, 2018
It is an ok job for you to get experience and move as a independent process server since you get paid for less than half of what services actually costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Legal Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9