ABC Legal Services

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good place to start

If you show aptitude, you can advance rather quickly in most departments. However, you will reach a ceiling that is near impossible to breach. Certain members of management are top notch; others are grossly under-qualified leaders who hurt the organization.

Closing up shop?

Work over the last three months work has dropped dramatically. One district I know of has dropped half of its monthly capacity for work (151 services a month down to 84 services) in the last three weeks. There is NO communication from ABC Legal about what is going on. There is a community page through the app we use and everyone is freaking out, people don’t know what to do and people are asking the staff for SOMETHING… and they aren’t talking.

Pros

Chat feature is helpful

Cons

No communication, no work

Good if you need insurance, otherwise, well

Poor management, both buildings are falling apart, they tokenize anyone marginalized and bring them on stage for diversity and inclusion marketing yet aggressive toward us during business practice. There is no sufficient hands-on training. No work/life balance, etc

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Toxic work environment

Solid independent work

Good company to work for. Independent contractor position, pay is overall fair. Pay is weekly for all completed job assignment's. Must have printer to print paperwork.

Work flow

I generally have enough work to only work for this company. But there are times when they're is no work at all. I don't think it's a problem with the company it's just the way this business flows in

Pros

Pay

Cons

No benefits

Leave a review. Help people like you.

No security and broken promises.

If you like to be kept on your toes and feel insecure with your job, this is the place. There is no stability and no warning when jobs will be cut. I was promised a raise after I was promoted and never received the raise. After a year of asking for my promised raise, I left the company, along with several other employees.

Cons

Turn back before it’s too late

The company will not promote you or pay you what you and your time are worth. The only people who are having any success at this company are overly ambitious, greedy, psychopaths who are willing to engage in a circlejerk of corporate platitudes to appease the tyrannical child of a CEO at the expense of the majority of the workers there. They will do anything to get out of increasing wages. They will constantly infantilize you by forcing you to meet ever increasing productivity goals by dangling treats and pizza in front of you like what parents do for a child with a good report card instead of treating you like an adult with bills to pay and respecting you enough to pay you for working harder instead of essentially asking you to make more money for them for free. Just do yourself a favor and don’t even entertain the idea of applying here. The feeling of desperation in that place is palpable so unless you want to be scraping by only to be told multiple times a month how well the company is doing and how much it’s growing thanks to your hard work while seeing absolutely no material benefit of that I guess go ahead, just make sure to get that tongue ready for Steve’s boots.

Don't waste your time

They don't value their employees. There's always mandatory overtime. It would make an OK first job just for something to put on a resume, but that's it. There are better opportunities out there.

Poor pay, poor leadership, mandatory overtime

The base pay is incredibly low and the leadership is either blissfully unaware or simply uncaring about how difficult it is to survive in Seattle on a $17/hr wage. Despite hearing nonstop about how well the company is doing and how many clients we’re serving absolutely none of that trickles down to the average employee; the most important thing is to keep offering our services as cheaply as possible to maintain a veil of success while letting down those of us trying to keep ourselves afloat. This isn’t a new problem and the solution to our increased client load continues to be hiring more and more new people to toss into the meat grinder while the current employees are stuck with the same low wage. Over and over again.The recent all-company huddle was a self-congratulatory spiel about ABC’s recovery and continued success during the pandemic and much time was spent thanking the employees making it happen, an empty gesture if there ever was one. Steve Carrigan spoke of how he wished there was some way he could better express his gratitude, coming dangerously close to an epiphany. This was followed by a rallying cry of how every team needs to double its efforts to keep up with increased business, as if any employee has any reason to care about ABC’s success when it just means the same crummy wage and extra stress.Raises and promotions are near-nonexistent and have been gamified with a level-up system that is used incredibly sparingly. If you’re applying here, go in with the expectation that the wage you start with is the wage you’ll end with.The magnitude of leadership’s -

Pros

Health benefits that are better than nothing

Don't be this desperate

They recently fire everyone. Like, everyone. The departments don't communicate, so they mess everything up. Upper management doesn't listen to anyone because they just know how it is done in all 50 states, apparently. Employees fail to do their job, so problems just keep getting circulated. Management is a huge fail.If you want to hate waking up every day because you have to go to work, this is the place for you.

Overall a solid company

Overall a solid company with flexible schedule. Plenty of work with good pay. Our support system is very good. My employer is very customer oriented and very professional

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Having to go back several times when subject does not reside there

Chaotic environment, high turnover rate

The second you walk in the door at ABC it is go-go-go and do not stop until your 8 hours are up. There are several different departments within the building and none of them interact well with each other, a great example of comparison is a high school full of cliques. There are a lot of different employees that have a title of "manager", but only some of them are good, genuine, people who you can rely on and trust - the others are snakes who will lie directly to your face. This company has a history of weird, unwarranted firing of employees - no employee feels that they have safe job security because if a manager does not like you, they will find a reason to fire you.

Very Flexible Hours Usually Outside of the 9-5 Grind

You have a list of Servees to go to. Their App allows you to sort your travels. When you serve legal papers to individuals involved in court cases, you meet them at their residence and hand it to them personally. You might have to make multiple attempts in order to catch them at home. I learned how to be more personable e.g. people-friendly as I met different people from all walks of life. I didn't have an immediate supervisor but was working on my own the whole time. Management, Partner Support, was always available to answer any questions. The hardest part of the job is trying to catch the Servee at home or trying to find their residence especially if they live out in the country. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I worked on my own time. And, I get to make the Servee feel less intimidated when they receive "legal document" because some may think they might go to jail.

This review is in no way incorrect, please read.

I was 'hired" as a contractor server here, outside of Seattle. I went through a long and time consuming training and testing process that seemed legit. Then I "graduated" and was supposed to be receiving serves right away. I got licensed in my county. I never received any serves. None. I waited. I waited days. I waited Weeks. Of course I have other income otherwise I would have starved to death. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY BUSINESS FROM THIS COMPLETELY FAKE OUTFIT! But what do you expect when its run by completely fake lying lawyers? Anything out of Seattle these days is probably run like this company: a bunch of fake dope smoking hippies! Good luck ABC. My theory is they get some kind of tax break for all the idiots they sign up. This is the worst deal I have ever run into in my 6 decades!

Horrible Supervisor

Team Environment is great. Supervisor IS horrible. I did more work than the person who started the same day as me and was constantly criticized that I needed to do more. Paycheck reduced to half by so many taxes from the company and most was for social security. I learned about this when I doing my tax returns that I was charged too much

If you’re looking for gainful employment, look somewhere else.

I was with this company from 2017-2019 and was still never able to get to a point where I could pay my rent without getting a side gig. A “promotion” gets you a 50 cent raise. They tout impressive benefits and perks, but all you really end up getting are a snack bar and a HUGE health insurance deductible. I mean, goldfish crackers are delicious, but they wont help pay the bills. I will say that there are a lot of great people working there, but an inviting environment is made void if you have to scrape up every dollar to make ends meet every month. Dear ABC: meet the REAL needs of your employees! I would have stayed for fair compensation and a better health plan.

Pros

Unlimited goldfish crackers, free lunch once a month, flexible schedule

Cons

Underpaid, expensive health plan with very high deductible, high sodium snacks

Not a bad office job

The customer service team is fine. It is mostly working to resolve complex problems all day so the main thing is it is mentally draining. Most attorneys are rude, paralegals are under a lot of pressure (from said attorneys), and court clerks are overworked so you get a variety of not-so-nice phone calls daily. Other than that, the work is repetitive. The people that work at the company are interesting. So many different interests and hobbies and everyone is really nice. The best part of the job is the people. Management is not great - they are constantly changing the way departments are run and which departments are responsible for what part of the process all without telling other departments that are also involved in the completion of orders. They also don't seem to value their workers - all team members are replaceable at a moment's notice. Communication is the biggest downfall of ABC Legal. I learned to be assertive and resolve issues myself which is helpful for a newbie professional. Also when you first start, it's frustrating because you do not receive the proper training before you're thrown in the deep end and if you make mistakes they're bigger because they involve legal documents so you have to learn fast and ask everyone you meet questions about their jobs so you learn the processes early and known where to turn if you need help. They do have free food in the cafeteria area and an extremely casual dress code (show up in sweats, tank tops, workout clothes, leggings, jeans, etc.) - all acceptable, does not matter as long as you showed up to work. All in all, it is a -

Pros

Free food, casual dress code, coworkers, experience, location/building in Seattle

Cons

overworked, short-staffed, under appreciated/valued, no real training

excellent pay

I worked for the company for 2 years. They are in Seattle and I was in Medford. It worked fine until another Process Service can and took away my work.My work started to disappear . So that was the end of it.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

No Benefits

Very work orientated enviroment.

a typical day at abc legal is to start your day by beginning to work and starting on processing legal document for courts around the country. High pace and lots of requirements to move up.

Terrible job

You will have guns put in your face, no travel expense reimbursement, they change up paper work procedures all the time and they take that as a chance to not pay you.

Pros

Self employment

Cons

Too many to mention

Awful training

You essentially don't get trained. Management just throws you in there and expects you to learn everything right away, and gets upset if you ask questions. Pay is awful, Taco Bell employees earn more. Everything is based of favoritism, and no matter how hard you work- they will kick you out if the manager doesn't like you

Pros

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Legal Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare ABC Legal Services with

• ABC Legal Services
  • Seattle, WA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?