ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric Employee Reviews

ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Okay

The company has been taking strides to improve in major ways. It will require some time to actually see major improvements but is looking great so far.

Pros

Its okay

Cons

Its okay

You Will never spend time with your family because of the long hours.

ABC is a Company that specializes in manipulating both the HVAC techs and customers. You are promised commission, but there is a mathematical equation that the company has come up with to beat all of the technicians out of their monthly commission. ABC Is a company that utilizes the nextstar system that has been designed to program the technician to have no mercy on the customers, after working for the company everything that I learned in college about Hvac was done differently at ABC, This is a company that is solely based on taking advantage of customers, NOT 5 star techs…

Pros

Guaranteed hours

Cons

No time with family

Terribly hopeless place

When I started this job, I had the hope that this would have the management support to help you excel in your trade but the management is so chaotic there is no support.

Pros

Good vehicles

Cons

No room for advancement

Ate Up

Horrible. Spent more time in the warehouse than actually learning the trade, company was more into making money than taking care of their employees, would cut you loose in a heartbeat if you didn't make their sales quota. Greedy family, co-workers weren't all that knowledgeable, all about the Benjamins at that place. They don't pay what they advertised and don't be surprised if you don't get the raises and/or bonuses they promise. Their excuse: it's performance based. Whatever! Even if you sell your butt off they still won't compensate you fairly. Stay far away!

Pros

Benefits, decent starting pay.

Cons

Poor communication, micromanagement, stagnant salary increases.

Terrible place to work

This place is horrible from ownership down to technicians. No one there tells the truth treats customers with honesty or respect. I would be shocked if their still in business 3yrs from now

Pros

Work hrs

Cons

Attitude towards employees and customers

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

All about sales

All about numbers. If you can’t sell there overpriced products to customers then you will get warranty calls all day to fix things there “plumbers” , definitely not licensed and not at all qualified, installed incorrectly. They are what’s wrong with the trades in short. Out to take advantage of people that need a service and either don’t realize they’re getting bent over or need something done bad enough they just deal with it.

Pros

Pay is good. Nice vans.

Cons

They suck

Stressful work environment

Stressful! It seems like such a great job when you first start. In reality it’s not unless you kiss butt and lots of it! Upper management act is tho they’re doing you a favor by keeping you on.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

To much to count

Fun easy going workplace

Absolutely love it! Great work environment, management is caring and helpful, flexible hours, aesthetically appealing, and good pay. There's a lot of room for growth and development within.

Warehouse specialist

You clock in, right away you start giving out HVAC, Heating, AC, Plumbing materials out to the technicians. If you don’t have at least 2 others helping you with this, good luck. Don’t get overwhelmed, just yet. You’ll be doing this for about 2-3 hours depending how busy it is.Once everyone got their parts for the morning jobs, it will dwindle down. NOW it’s time to help the same technicians help get future equipment and parts ordered, THROUGH THE OLDEST SYSTEM POSSIBLE. It is so annoying, never have I had to work with a system older than me (early90’s) you do this for about 3-4 hours or until your shift comes to an end if it’s busy. Do you’re on the phone a lot, you need to write down notes a lot as well so you don’t get lost on the amount of special parts and equipment you need to order.Everywhere gets paid horribly in warehouse. I don’t understand why. We’re the back bone of the whole company! Sales reps make 6 figures easily.While we’re stuck with average 28k. Utterly Shameful. Don’t work here unless you love getting overworked.To the owners: get your head out of your *** and pay warehouse workers more than what they’re getting paid. You guys are disgusting. Same goes for customer service employees.Everyone is mostly nice but that’s because they don’t work at warehouse and get paid more, remember that.In the training videos/ orientation,they brag oh so much about the 50+ million in revenue they make annually. What the **** is the point if you pay half of your ESSENTIAL MOST IMPORTANT EMPLOYEES DIRT valued money!

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

Lol compensation and work life balance

Dissatisfied

ABC is an install based company not service. So a skilled and knowledgeable tech who enjoys fixing issues and not selling systems should look elsewhere. The company needs to be revamped. Its declining reputation will oneday be the sole reason why techs will not want to work there. Its family owned business that seems more concerned with the bottom line and not the security of the technician. Good techs are treated no better in terms of compensation and value. Service could improve if seasoned techs were utilized correctly. ABC has issues that only a seasoned tech would pick up on.

Pros

Friendly environment. Racial diversity for technicians

Cons

Poor routing.poor communication, dispatch is clueless, no sense of urgency to take care of customer, mediocrity is accepted.

Lots of class room and hands on training. Great management. Fun place to work!

ABC has taught me a lot! Everyday I learn sometning new. There is always someone there to help you if your struggling with something or if you just have a simple question. ABC has a lot to offer and is a very fun place to work!

Pros

When your in the field, you have your own pace to work. Noone forces you to be faster.

Cons

Every one here treats me like family. No one is left out.

Every one here at ABC take the word "FAMILY" very seriously. They greet everyone with open arms, the way they train here, is so amazing, we were train as if we were back in school. Fun games, demonstrations, and field trips around the building so we could get to meet everyone.This is my favorite job by far, this company is AWESOME.!!

Pros

We get 2- 15 min breaks.

Cons

N/a

This is a great place to work. Onboarding was very informative and interactive. The environment in the office is amazing. Everyone is nice and very helpful. The encouragement for self-development is wonderful.

Pros

Free lunches, great environment, great work hours.

Great Environment with many ways to move up

Working at ABC has been nothing but joy. They prepared me well for my position as a Customer Service Representative so after training it transitioned very smoothly. Management is very fair and understanding and is always there when help is needed. Everyone in the company is also very nice and helpful whether help is needed or I just have a simple question.

Some cool people but poorly ran

They hardly ever have the equipment you need ready for pick up. Not to mention you always have to go to the supply house to pick up the units. Poor sales team per usual. Communication between the whole staff is basically none existent. Not enough work. You HAVE to start on top of them about your check or else you will get consistently screwed. Checks will likely always come up more than a few dollars short.

Pros

Great support, lenient, take home Truck.

Cons

No communication, poor management, not enough work. Never paid accurately

Under staffed,under managed,disorganized.

Company claims to treat employees like family but throw you under the bus for being sick or taking longer to heal. Upper management is a joke. They leave you hanging in the field with no contacts. The pay scale sucks and upselling is the stragedy of the company.

Pros

You can learn some things.

Cons

Short pay, unreasonable service schedule, lacking smart upper management. VERY DISORGANIZED!

Family Oriented Atmosphere

Great company to work for, great culture and tons of room for growth. Awesome co-workers, great benefits. Fun events, employees are shown appreciation for their hard work. If you are really passionate about what you do, you will excel at ABC.

Pros

Benefits, culture, growth

Cons

n/a

It’s a good place to work

I like working there because everyone is cool to get along with they help each other out if needed and if have questions about something. The owners are at the office everyday and know everybody’s name even if your new. The managers help out and make sure u are doing your best and if not they go over what u need to work on.

Lack of leadership and no follow through

Total lack of leadership and chaos rules the dispatch department. You have people yelling profanities while on the phone with customers, others are yelling tasks for others to do while others are on the phone. The amount of tasks they want you to do at the same time can be done if you have the proper tools and support and if you are provided the proper training as well as if there is consistency within all channels of the the company. 5 people will have been trained 5 different ways and each way is the “right way”. Fairness with bonus and cash payout is not part of the culture, you will be passed on cash payouts for hard work as in coming in late or early or on your day off. Don’t expect unless you are the “in group”. This place has potential but they refuse to listen to advise or hire people to lead. They hire bosses and people they choose to like and that are afraid to make hard choices. Too bad in my time there 5 people quit (that’s in my 90 days including me) the loose good people because they refuse to change the chaos culture.

Pros

Some free lunches, pay

Cons

Management, turnover, hours, workspace

It could have been a better place to work for!

I was there for maybe a month. When I first got the job I was thankful. What I noticed right away was unless you are married or dating someone in the company you won’t get the same treatment. We were short staffed and had limited time to make calls to customers. I got a bit frustrated when a certain rep would ask me to basically do his work for him while he sat there and goofed around. Then I would have to hear the stories of what it was like before when it was really busy as if what we were doing was nothing. It was repetitive calling and I didn’t mind it until I would get a call from one of the leads asking me if everything was ok? However that was his condescending way of saying “why are you not working” when that was not the case. It’s a place with lots of potential and I did meet a lot of great people. My days there were shorten over things that could have been handled better.

Pros

It’s got potential

Cons

Unless you know someone there you are replaceable!

Straining will chew up and spit out

Not recommended at all see for yourself. Company does not care about field employees and your just a working ant to them. Warehouse talks to you like you don't know your job. Will definitely be searching for a new job that appreciates me and won't just work me all hours of the day and greedy to just sale sale sale even when we are just there to install. Look else where they are jokes of all trades!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Discussion topics at ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric