ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric Employee Reviews

United States141 reviews

plumbingtechniciansellbonussaleservicegrowthfamily

Great place for a career.

ProsLearning a new trade. Benefits.Supportive co workers. Pay is competitive. Cons. Sometimes Long work hours. No vision included in Healthcare coverage.

Great and inviting place to work with a lot of opportunities

ABC is an amazing company that won’t let you down and help you were ever it is needed. Mike G’s plumbing apprentice class is an amazing way to get into the Field even if you have zero experience in plumbing. All the tools to succeed are given to you.

Pros

Good pay, work environment, people, experience

Cons

Work life balance, health care

ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Cool people to meet and great place to work

I started out abc as a plumbing apprentice I had no experience at the time. ABC is a good company to start off as they genuinely try and help you better yourself. Everyone is paid good and the work environment is very good.

ABC is a great place to work for. It takes chances on “rookies” or technicians with little to no experience like myself, which speaks highly on the company culture as a whole. In my experience, the HVAC field service managers really care about their employees and provide the tools for us to succeed.

Pros

Paid training, friendly work culture

Cons

As of today none

Very fun place to work and meet really cool people

I love working here , since the start I felt like I was part of a big family and that’s what ABC is all about creating bonds with your team members and your customers. Managers and team members are always helping each other . They are very flexible with schedules and emergencies.

Pros

Meet new people, always learning something, really good scheduling

Cons

Little time for social life

HVAC Technician

ABC gave me a great opportunity. Like any job you get what you put in however this place is not just a job it’s a career. The sky is the limit but it really depends on you.

Pros

Hours, Pay, overtime

Cons

Unknown end of day

Helpful accepting place

Good company with helpful people. I thought I knew a lot about HVAC, till I got into the field. I am learning more everyday and I’m surrounded by people that help me do so

Pros

Great people to be around in HVAC division who will help you learn the trade

Cons

Long hours in peak season

Good job

Came in with no experience. They trained me for 3 months and put me in a truck. You get raises every 90 days depending on how good you are at the job. I doubt you’d find a better company to work for

Pros

Paid training

Cons

Takes forever to get uniforms

Fun place to work.

Always something new everyday. Work all over the Chicagoland area. Great group of people to work with. Learn electrical while working. Learning more every day and company is providing skill training to get better.

Productive place to work

I feel really good this last 8 months working here, I never expected to be working with great people and I am grateful because I am achieving my different goals and I am so glad to be part of this company. Thanks ABC

Pros

Benefits, Pto, overtime

Cons

Short brakes

A fun work place also people who respect you

There are times that there is miscommunication with our dispatch office also with the csr office as a plumbing technician every one in abc is Friendly.

Pros

Having Outings with our Teams to get to know each other

Cons

Health care

Fun workplace

typical day, helping each other out what have I learned, its not about me, its about working together as a team workplace culture, love it hardest part of the job, is leaving the guys in the morning to start the day the most enjoyable part of the job, helping others

Productive place to work

Great job to advance your career with highly energetic people wanting to see you succeed. Lots of different positions you can explore and see if you succeed in

Its a wonderful family owned company who treat everyone like family and very professional

ABC is a great place to work for, family owned. Caring managers. Work outings. Fun challenges in the office for us to grow and also get rewarded for our hard work. Very understanding managers when you have an emergency situation.

Pros

good pay

Cons

sometimes lack of communication with customers and techs

Don’t bother unless your a great salesman

It’s all about sales. Your a salesman that does trade work. You will only be recognized for how much you sell. You can be the best and most knowledgeable tradesman on earth and it doesn’t mean anything unless you sell sell sell. Management will constantly pressure you to sell more, it’s never good enough.

Fast paced yet fun workplace.

Arrive to the shop around 7:15. Expected to be at your first call between 8 and 8:30 am. Run calls until 6 pm unless the day is slower. If so you will be able to get off early.

Communication sucks, overpriced stuff, roomy to grow

Company phone sucks..Parts are ridiculously expensive leaving customers no choice but to kick u out of their doors..Can grow here and there kinda feeling. Management isn’t too bad.

Great place to learn and grow in your career

Started off as a first year apprentice not knowing too much about plumbing. After riding around with the senior and more experienced technicians, I feel 100 times more confident with my skills and work. Also big thanks to the managers who push you to be the best version of yourself.

Family owned and operated and it shows!!!!!

ABC is a place where you can have a career that you can advance and grow with the company. The group of managers and techs have a real family atmosphere, the HVAC department is the funniest group of people I have ever worked with. Additionally there are frequent events outside of work where you can get to know people outside or work!!!

Great place to succeed

Great place to succeed in the Hvac Trade. Great management, which helps you along the way and answers any questions you have. Great team of technicians.

Competitive wages, great environment

ABC is a great place to work at where you feel part of a team and not just a number. The wages are competitive and its a great team environment. There is an expectation to succeed in your job and you need to be able to adapt but they do a great job giving you paid training and the tools needed to be successful in this industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits