ABC STORES Employee Reviews

Very busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 12, 2018
Its very busy with lots of work to do everyday. Many customers come to shop and I'm always there helping them at the register and the sales floor. Coworkers are very friendly and hardworking.
A company for hard workers
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 21, 2018
It's where I learned to work so hard and fast.
You're expected to wear many hats.
It's hard to find good times for breaks and it's not uncommon to be short handed.
Productive Family environment Fast paced
Busser (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 8, 2018
Management disorganized and unfair. Based on favoritism and gender. They flirt with female coworkers but when it comes to age differences they disrespect and look down upon you. Work wise was not professional at all. Very disorganized and unfair work ethics. No promotions even if worked there for years. Pay rate hourly was alright but not enough to survive high cost of living for Hawaii so live off tips but tips were never split evenly or fairly. Management and servers always leave bussers out on tips and say it is based upon paychecks for whatever sales they make only 10 percent was given to us but for servers they take home cash tips every work shifts. Management would rig the tip system too.
Pros
Free meals and Friendly work enviroment
Cons
management staff and unfair treatments based on age and gender
company full of aloha
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 29, 2018
ABC stores was a fun company to work for. I felt very respected there. The hardest part of the job was the communication barrier with the Japanese. Upper management and office staff were very welcoming and understanding with what ever was on my mind...
Great entry level job
Cashier/Stocker/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 26, 2018
-receive deliveries and be a cashier
-learn about customer service
-management is good depends on who it is
-everyone does there job
-physically demanding as a stock clerk
-the people that work with you
Just be prepared to work...
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2018
This is not the job I would recommend to a friend. Unless you're ready to work Non-Stop, stressful hour's and are prepared to do 200% per day. Note: don't cone in late or call in sick' you will regret it.
Pros
No Pros till after one year served.
Cons
Do as you are told, there won't be any Cons
Fun working place and People get along easy
Abc Store (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 27, 2017
Working at ABC Store was fun, people get along with each other well. I learned how to count big bills without using any tools. The hardest part of the job was doing stocking.
Pros
Discount on food
working in abc
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 3, 2017
- Fun seeing costumer happy
- I learned a lot of things working in abc like (money/patience) also how business works
- Been through a lot of cash handling.
- I work with a lot of different ethnicity and its fun.
- Probably when people tried to call n sick and that make it hard.
- I enjoyed talking to costumer and answering their question.
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
schedule is not good
fine place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAAugust 2, 2017
Great place to work to meet people and great them. to talk about the things going on in the world.
this my review and theres not much else to say sorry.
Pros
To get networking
Cons
off late
Great company to work for . They all the benefits for you and the family great incentive program for employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tumon GuamMay 15, 2017
ABC STORES Guam outlet is the best shopping need for offisland gifts . Great product and very affordable. Staff at ABC STORES have the best island hospitality very friend and welcoming.
Multi-Tasked Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
- Mornings:
opening of store operations, verifying safe audits, checking kronos for irregular clocking in and out, store appearance, checking stock levels, checking outgoing pouches to corporate

- Evenings:
store replenishment, delegating workload to staff, following up on staff to make sure efficiency and productivity is going smoothly, closing procedures, safe and register audits

You learn to move with a purpose with multi tasking at the same time providing excellent customer service.

All of the management are very experienced in retail, they eat breathe and sleep retail. With that being said, not all management are people friendly. To have good sales you need good morale, to have good morale, you need to be a people person and know how to effectively communicate with lower management and staff.

Co-workers become too attached to upper management and that's when the gossiping happens. Upper management and including the HR personnel should have boundaries when handling personnel issues.

Dealing with the DM (District Manager) was the hardest part of the job. Too much corrective criticism and not enough congratulatory praises.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when your clocking out to go home! Oh wait, nope! Before you go home sometimes you have to drop off product transfers to other stores or pick up merchandise. This is off the clock with mileage and gas not even being compensated.
Pros
For single folks medical is free, matching 401k profit sharing $1 to $1.25
Cons
Erratic work schedule, too much gossip, too much criticism from DM, corporate too controlling
Productivity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HIJanuary 16, 2016
Everyone is alert when it comes to giving out a good customer service experience. We work together for the company to grow.
Efficiency, fun, a place to remember!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tumon, GuamMay 11, 2015
It took me awhile to adjust to sales after I was in the food industry for quite some time. But after intensive training and work days, I started to enjoy it very much. My boss believed in all his employees to perform the best they could and encouraged us in great ways to push for sales.

I learned a lot about sales but most importantly myself. ABC stores was a store that mostly catered to the tourists from Japan, Korea, and Russia. So most of the time, they did not speak english. I was taught a lot about patience and to serve in a timely yet efficient manner.

I had a hard time leaving this job because my coworkers and bosses became my family. I miss it very much and will never forget them.
My experience with ABC Stores
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 18, 2013
To start off my day at work, the first thing I do is say Aloha to the customers and to my manager while im passing by to get to the warehouse. I take my drawer and wait for my manager to give me the money bag for me to count my money in correctly to get the correct amount. I do this everyday. Right when i get to the register to put my drawer in, I wait for my manager to give me my morning message. After that, that is when I start. I had to work quickly, diligently. I had to multi-task a lot of times to get things done quickly and neatly. Everyday I do these steps... put backs, look for experation dates, clean, do invoices, and saying aloha to my cutsomers as they walk in. It was all new to me but I manage to learn something everyday before going home. The hardest part of the job was the invoices. Dealing with deliveries and knowing the types of delivery papers to check incase the delivery guys put the right amount of items needed. I had to make sure the papers were right before we all get in trouble by the office. This is why I love it when everyone works together.
Pros
Discounts and benefits are a plus.
Cons
Getting breaks so quickly
Productive and fun atsmosphere
Lead Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2013
Talking to a lot of customers; making daily cash deposits; Got along fine with co-workers. The most enjoyable part is meeting and greeting new customers. I have a great supervisor that I have learned a lot from.
Pros
fun job
Cons
health benefits
Great company with great benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2013
Here you will work and stay busy. I loved working there and the company was well rounded and put their employees first.
Everyone came to work with a positive attitude.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2012
Fast paced work day. Lots of team work with great people/employees. Management was very well educated and organized with regards to the retail part of the job, co-workers came in to work everyday. Nothing hard about the job, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers come in to buy our merchandise.