ABC Supply Co. Inc Employee Reviews

Hard work low pay
Driver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 19, 2018
If you want to work hard with national average pay then this might be the job for you but I'm the above average type of guy, Only stayed here for 5 yrs in hopes of moving up in the company which I did only to be put back in the truck every time the new driver would quit which is all the time abc can't keep drivers
Pros
Same as everyone else ins, 401k local
Cons
Everything else
Hard work then time to relax and a lot of traveling
Delivery Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2018
First thing in the morning we run a check list of the loaded vehicles we deliver to, then we hit the road to various places to load materials, we set up the boom and communicate how many shingles to load on the roof and repeat threw out the day. I learned how to operate a forklift, boom and leaned how to fill orders customers need. Management is great at ABC. ABC is a ward working place and is fit for people that like to travel. Hardest part of the day is the heavy lifting but enjoy the time after to relax to the next customers.
Pros
Traveling out of city
Cons
No cons
it was boring
Mechine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIApril 9, 2018
that job was not fun at all and I really didn't like the managers there and the breaks there were to short for what they had people doing work there. like 15 min breaks
Pros
Cons
bad breaks
Great Company
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 8, 2018
Great People and Company to work for! Manager was great. I learned a lot about the industrial and vinyl siding business here. Everyone I worked with was very easy to get along with.
Productive and some what laid back.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 4, 2018
I would answer phone calls and did most of the filing, but i also cleaned supply rooms and organized shingles. I learned a lot about roofing supplies. The management here was very supportive and helpful with any questions. The hardest part of this job was learning the computer system.
Pros
discounts
work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2018
nice place to work able to make good money if you apply yourself.great opportunity to more forward in pay and good coworkers are a plus with possitive attitudes
Depends location
Roof walker/ warehouse (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDMarch 31, 2018
Depending which location you work at ABC is a great company. They offer great benefits and pay. Depending location ABC managers take good care of employees.
Pay is very low
Driver (Current Employee) –  New MexicoMarch 28, 2018
It’s an ok place to work but the pay is very low especially at our branch .Branch manager is horrible gets angry when your not busy but won’t give you anything to do .Office personnel does not treat all races equal and a lot of bullying also.
Pros
Some of the people are fun to work with
Cons
A lot of lazy people inside the office sitting messing around on computers instead of doing work
fast paced work in the summer
Driver/Laborer/forklift (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
you will work form daylight till it is dark every day. everybody blames everybody else for mistakes they never take responsibility for there actions. always worked 70 + hours a week was never home with my kids. the manager doesn't care about the day to day just the bottom dollar.
Pros
close to home
Cons
never home
Good Company with the right manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  National City, CAMarch 21, 2018
This company has many locations around the country. Depending on the place you work, your experience of employment will differ. I was upset with the unequal pay for women, and chose to leave because of that. They pay men much higher, from new hire to promotion within the company.
Biggest disappointment to date, the company is owned by a woman.
Great Place to Work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time as a receptionist there with ABC Supply in Minneapolis. My staff was respectful and worked well as a team. Would recommend ABC Supply to anyone interested.
Petty
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 14, 2018
Only worked there less than 30 days. Micro managed the whole time! New manager had me busting dien walls instead of making deliveries. Only worried about upper management. Traced every move and was rushed back to plant only to do the job of the people already hired to do the warehouse work. Then there was no work to be done. Was fired and told that I moved to slow! Management let their jobs go to their heads.
benefits
Cons
management sucked. Not competitive in wages
Cheap
Knuckle boom operator (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMarch 14, 2018
I worked for a Union shop and we were closed down after strike . If we were not a union shop we would have got less pay and benefits than non union shop. I would never work for this company again after seeing how they treat their employees and the condition of their equipment.
Pros
Cannot think of one
Cons
To many to list
Fun
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie paMarch 12, 2018
Working at Abc supply co. Inc was one of the best places I've ever worked. I credit this to the branch manager, Rocky, who made the branch feel like home.
i dont have one
Assistant Dispatching Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2018
I dont want to write a review about this company .. THank you
You shouldnt make people do this! You should have the choice if you want to leave a review!
Very fast paced and fun workingplace
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2018
As a whole this company is amazing. Strong beliefs in family and in America.
My days consisted of cycle counts and mainly inventory control. Learned that poor inventory management can devastate a company quicker than loss of customers/business.
I loved all the people I meet throughout the years and the relationships built. Work family is very important.
Pros
cookouts...business trips to fabulous places ..support from within
Cons
Na
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 7, 2018
This was a temporary job. I liked working there. Great management and employees. I did mostly data entry of accounts payable and filing. Very fast paced.
Fun workplace with repeat customers that you build a friendship with
Branch operation manager (Current Employee) –  Ceredo, WVMarch 4, 2018
I learned a lot at ABC supply. I worked with contractors mainly that developed friendships with. I learned the little install details that go along with roofing, siding, windows and more. My manager was a great mentor and taught me a lot. I had a great team to work with. We became family. the only reason I am leaving there is that my wife and I are relocating and there is not a branch were we are going.
Pros
Paid lunches, Easy to take time off to take care of personal matters
Cons
Understaffed
Worked in Pennsylvania
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2018
Very disappointed with ABC's down here in Florida. It seems they can bring in foreign workers and push the wages down for truck drivers down here in Florida.
treat and pay associates better
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  ct.February 25, 2018
low pay, doing other people work, more responsibility no pay, other branches pay more than others in same district,company is a good one, but management has to stop being greedy and pay workers that work their just pay
Pros
good company
Cons
has changed from founders ethics(management greed)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Supply Co. Inc. Our community is ready to answer.