ABC Supply Co. Inc Employee Reviews

Micro managed boss's looking over you at all times you have to report in for everything you do and anything you do and you're penalized if it's not 10
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ocala FloridaJanuary 9, 2019
When I work there we were more as janitors and lot boys Vice driving and delivering and doing Supply like we're supposed to. Then we had to sweep and do menial busy work when there was no loads and you were constantly watched and abused by management. They're very insecure about their help and they trust no one. No managerial skills are people skills whatsoever the training was okay but they did not practice what they preach. At Ocala Branch they do not use seat belts on forklifts the manager drives the truck with the shingle boom in the air at an angle nothing safe for secured. They constantly break safety rules and will fire you if you break them but when you're with them they expect you to break them.
Pros
It's a job but you will work harder than ever for very little wages or appreciation.
Cons
Managers are worthless, and they think they're above you.
Fun work environment but can be chaotic at times.
INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 9, 2019
There was an ever growing bond with both my coworkers and customers that always made work a fun place, however jobs always had the potential for disaster. This job always kept me on my toes and there was always the opportunity to get promoted.
Pros
Great relationships with coworkers and customers
Cons
No set schedule
ABC doesn’t care about the little guy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape May Court House, NJJanuary 8, 2019
ABC only cares about making their managers money. They don’t care about the little guy. I had a good manager while there but overall they weren’t a great company to work for.
Horrible Management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 92701January 8, 2019
Managers are not supportive and out to get you. Horrible compensation. No support from the inside and the company is not willing to promote within. Taken over by people with degrees unfair
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2019
ABC is actually a good place to start off it’s a lot of backbreaking work 10 hr days in the summer benefits are great management is poor very fast pace
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 2, 2019
J enjoyed working with abc supply co . I just need more personally for my family .. the structure and building of the company was remarkable but being a new branch business was slow and talk of layoffs really had me turn to a better direction
Advancement opportunity is questionable
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 28, 2018
One of the largest wholesale building materials suppliers in the US.
Great potential for employment throughout every major metropolitan area in the United States.
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82007December 26, 2018
the hardest part of the job is getting used to the job, environment, getting in shape. a typical day is loading roofs with shingles, driving. the manager is great, he does everything he can to make sure we have the tools we need to be safe.
great benefit, depends on who manages your store
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 25, 2018
the hours are changing constantly.
people come work seasonally and then get laid off.
it is all based on who the manager is. each branch is ran in a unique way.
some managers are very strict with money as some are not.
Pros
wanting to better employees they care about
Cons
mangers have the say with everything
Great job but horrible manager
Delivery Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 23, 2018
The job was great...when the head manager wasn't there. He made it more difficult to do the job properly. We knew what was expected of us yet he cussed everyone out, most of the time for no reason. Since I have left the company (due to him), he also has resigned his position.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Manager was a jerk
underpaid and used on a daily basis
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaDecember 20, 2018
this company allows the management to employ family members,ours hired his wife,needless to say she prettymuch runs the store. there is a phone number to call a third party to air our concerns but all its gets you is cornered and asked if your the one who called.if you don't drink the company kool-aid this is not the place for you
Pros
home daily
Cons
hours cut drasticaly in winter
Wharehouse/delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 16, 2018
Good work place as long as management is fair and consistent. Some management is out for themselves. I happen to have an excellent branch manager. One of the best guys I ever worked for. Unfortunately his hands are tied as far as pay compensation. Due to corporate.
Pros
Good branch manager
Cons
Pay raise set by corporate.
Nice place to work excluding heavy lifting.
Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILDecember 12, 2018
Great place kept you busy and best job I had. Would definitely recommend people for this job if they are pursuing a career. Whishaw I would have never left the company.
Its a Job
Warehouse Manager/Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2018
Heavy lifting and low pay to start , fast paced and long hours. Definitely a young mans job . They treat there employees pretty decent. Seasonal job with potential layoffs come winter.
Poor Management
Shipping Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLDecember 10, 2018
The Apollo Beach Branch has a very poor management team.
I enjoyed working there when I was in inventory.
The company is very laid back and there is no accountability.
amazing company to work for
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 7, 2018
all in all ABC supply is by far the best company i have ever worked for. With the people that work there the benefits it provides, this company is definitely a company to end up making a career out of and retiring from. You start from the bottom, work your way up and you could be running your own branch if you put in the hard work and dedication. Amazing company through and through, all in all wonderful people. Get to interact and get close with your contractors, your drivers and your inside guys and gals. Get your foot in the door and trust me never leave. You go places with this company amazing amazing amazing!!!!
Pros
everything they'll work with you on it all
Cons
i don't have any to be honest
The Exterior building material masters
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 1, 2018
I have worked for a couple different roofing supply companies. All of which were good, cause I love the job itself. Abc supply has very strong corporate type structure compared to other outfits. The benefits/insurance are strong and the work will always be there for the employee. They’re very family and employee oriented. They send employees and family members to summer/winter events. They hold BBQ during summertime. They take care of the customer very strongly at every branch I have ever been to which is in Utah/Colorado.
Pros
Good work environment, all the materials needed for the job., tons of hours.
Cons
Hectic work during storm seasons.
delivery driver
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working here. though it was primarily a male dominated environment they were all polite and kind to me. Management was very nice and caring.
Great Company except being capped
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2018
ABC SUPPLY is a great company to work for and have been with them for 12 years. They aren't the cheapest on the block and depending on manager they aren't willing to move on price which effects the sales persons pocketbook.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Price structure and compenation
Safe,fun and exciting place to work at
Warehouse Worker and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 26, 2018
I would love the chance to become an employee of abc supply again. It was a great opportunity. There was always something to keep you busy. Work days were fast. Pay was decent. People were awesome to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Supply Co. Inc. Our community is ready to answer.