Play YouTube video button

ABC Supply Co. Inc Employee Reviews

Featured review
ABC Supply Co. Inc selected this as a representative review
amazing company to work for
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 7, 2018
all in all ABC supply is by far the best company i have ever worked for. With the people that work there the benefits it provides, this company is definitely a company to end up making a career out of and retiring from. You start from the bottom, work your way up and you could be running your own branch if you put in the hard work and dedication. Amazing company through and through, all in all wonderful people. Get to interact and get close with your contractors, your drivers and your inside guys and gals. Get your foot in the door and trust me never leave. You go places with this company amazing amazing amazing!!!!
Pros
everything they'll work with you on it all
Cons
i don't have any to be honest
Extremely Fast Paced!! Attention to Details of ORDERS!!
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 22, 2019
Excellent Crew and Management, Towards the end of the day Loading Company 10 wheelers and also have several Semi-Tractor Trailers loaded for early deliveries to customers Roofing or Building sites.
Pros
No Need for going to the GYM !!
Cons
Hard work, CRUSHED my cellphone in my pocket !!
Great Potential
INSIDE SALES (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 20, 2019
It really depends on the management. In Kalamazoo, management is very comfortable with the status quo. You will frequently hear "Well, it could be worse." ABC as a company is a pretty solid place to work. The benefits and pay were good to very good. If you're not a MAGA fan, I wouldn't discuss politics at this location.
Pros
Good Benefits
An ok 9 to 5 job.
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 15, 2019
ABC Supply training program is poor. Everyone tells you "don't worry, you're doing fine" but, no one gives you feed back. Advancement opportunities are not even presented.
Fellow employees were great. Hours were good.
I'm Glad to be Working for Such A Good Company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNMarch 13, 2019
The entire team is great. Everyone from the sales counter, management and the warehouse. Nice co-workers. It feels like a family that can work together and help one another with any tasks. Everyone has gone above and beyond to help me settle into my position. I look forward to many years here.
Pros
Nice Equipment, Insurance Benefits, No Saturdays
Cons
I've found none
Not the place to work if you want to be paid correctly
Delivery Driver/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758March 7, 2019
Management has the famous saying, "it all pays the same." I was suppose to be a delivery driver and ended with 4 jobs under my belt with a a half a dollar raise. Also, you may as well not have management, because you do their job as well as yours. The management likes to sleep or not even be at the warehouse. You will be overloaded with work and ultimately stressed out. No recognition, and if you bring it to the Branch managers attention, he scowls, scoffs and tells you to get back to work. You will feel trapped.
Pros
you can be lazy
Great workplace
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYMarch 7, 2019
If you're in sales, its great. My position as estimator has no advancement. The bonuses are great, but raises are few. The job security is nice, everyone needs a roof.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No advancement, no raises
Hard labor job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 4, 2019
I am grateful to ABC for hiring me as my first job with my cdl. I knew what i signed up for since i use to work in a similar company, just not as a driver. It was ok in the beginning, but once you become a driver, you realize you shouldnt be working as hard as this job expects. It is a back breaking job and highly dangerous if your not careful. Your unloading pallets of shingles one by one and you can have up to 6 pallets of shingles per job and they are HEAVY. Be cery careful with this job, its the kind of place that can chew you up and spit you out despite all your hard work. My co workers were very cool. Manager was a good guy as well. Organization with routes has its ups and downs. All in all, its the kind of job that gets old, and demands to much labor in my opinion. As a driver, you shouldnt have to climb on top of 3 story buildings and unload thousands of pounds of shingles on damaged roofs.
Pros
Big company and good co workers
Cons
Very dangerous, heavy labor
Baz place to work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 1, 2019
I got fried because the guy I worked with couldnt take a joke but instead of asking me what was said they let me go without hearing my side of the story!!!!! So wrong
Fun place to work
Showroom Coordinator/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 27, 2019
Fun laid back enviroment Company offered opportunity for training and advancement in the company. You get to work with the public and with contractors. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Laid back casual atmosphere
Cons
Low salary position
Terrible management
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 27, 2019
I worked at the Manassas branch for a year and a half. We stayed very busy due to two big storms that rolled through the area. The money was great but the management was terrible. I thought this was the place I’d be working for a long time. I was told when I was hired that if there were things that I think could make for a better and efficient work environment to let the branch manager know. They have a guy doing dispatch that has no clue about anything when it comes to a commercial vehicle or crane. He had two drivers that he was very good friends with and they always came first. There were countless times I had to pick up there work on top of mine and never even got a thank you. I voiced my opinion about it and I was let go shortly after. If you want to work for a place that wants you to do your job plus others, then this is the place for you!
Pros
Good money when busy
Cons
Material warehouse manager- Great job!! good people!!
WAREHOUSE MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAFebruary 26, 2019
A typical day was a 10-12 hour day starting at 7 am and going until 4-5 or even 6 depending on the amount of work needed to be done. Forklift/Manual labor was the activity throughout the whole day with an hour of lunch.
ABC Supply Co. my review
CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 17, 2019
It was a nice company to work for. Unfortunately, I substained a leg injury during my time there,but the job its self,was a great. My co-workers were all very nice. We all worked well together to get the job done, and on time.
It's not all they tell you
Driver, roof stocker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOFebruary 17, 2019
Manager is young and always pushing people always lieing to you talks to employees like they are nothing you get stuck with someone who doesn't have to get on roofs but yet makes the same pay as you do then when you back to warehouse you get stuck pulling stuff of cause the warehouse guy always said he was busy witch haft the time is not true he always on his phone . And manger will make excuses for him. That's why they are always hiring people get tired of the same nothing ever changes been with this company for about 10 years sense he has been manger have not had a raise in three years so I moved on
Pros
Just a place to work
Cons
It's awful
Meh
Legal Collections Associate (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 16, 2019
If you are not part of a clique there then you do not fit in. They expect you to go out after work even though you have to get home to your family. It is all about profit there and to heck with the employees.
ABC supply inc perfect roofing and siding company
Forklift driver operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 15, 2019
ABC supply inc ...
Perfect place to work
ABC supply its a roofing and siding company where u can come and found anything u need for ur brand new house great warehouse company
Great company built on falty structure
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2019
ABC Supply is a great company to work for in terms of job security for drivers and a company to be proud of with their footprint in the country. The problem is, each branch is ran as it's own entity with few branches willing to work together or help each other. This gives each branch manager a sense of invincibility they don't have to answer to anyone and can treat people poorly. The company does profit sharing but that creates another problem. You can have a branch manager who will micromanage everything as they receive the biggest bonuses. They sell a family setting but that's furthest from the truth. When the founder of the company passed away, it is no longer ran in his image. His wife sets back and collects a check while CEO types delegate force but they do a good job of making the propaganda look good.
They do keep nice equipment and will repair anything if it breaks immediately.
You're not told when your hired but overtime usually is mandatory and pressure will be applied if you don't comply with most branches running on Saturdays as well. They also usually lay many people off from branches in areas with winter weather as that's a slow time for their business. Managers will initially ask for volunteers but will choose if they don't get any. ABC is the leader in their industry and that's also given them a big head and they enjoy showing it. However, being the leader, you can go on any forum, they are the lowest paying company of their type. That's across the board from managers on down to warehouse associates. They have decent insurance, 401k match up to 3-5%, profit
  more... sharing. It's weird the way they figure out the profit sharing. You can expect 1,000 if they profit 1,000,000. Nothing really to get excited about. They have a lot of branches that lose money every year or break even and those people never see anything even though the company as a whole made hundreds of millions. It's by individual branch only. ABC also sponsors a car(s) on the Indy car circuit and you're told upon hire you can get tickets to any race but that's a lie because the branch manager for your home branch has to pay for the ticket(s)
Remember the micromanaging issue. I've seen guys told no many times after being told that upon hire. You're usually going to the race closest to the branch once a year and that's it. ABC also does not do cost of living raises every year. Any raise is dependent upon the manager approving it. They also don't honor seniority in branches for anything. Managers are free to do as they please with little input from the corporate structure. You're also not allowed to talk about your pay. I've seen people hired in at substantially higher amounts with no experience than people who've been there for several years and are pros. They do like to promote from within but it's rare for top positions. If you're good at what you do, you will stay where you are, especially drivers. The key to any success with ABC is finding a good manager to work for that is strong enough not to cave under pressure, or drink to much of the corporate Kool-aid.
DELIVERY SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Good place to work for. I like the people i worked with.
Abc is a very nice place ti work for. They really take care of their associates if you do your job.
Great
Warehouse Manager/ Roof loader/ Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Shelly, IDFebruary 9, 2019
As a roof loader, forklift driver, and office worker it was very fast paced and fun. It was hard work and long hours. Depending where the branch is located winters can be slow or fast. The manager and dsm( direct sales manager) are great they will work with you and help fulfill your needs! It will get you into shape like I said it is hard work!! If you’re scared of hights I don’t recommend. ABC is a great company!
Pros
Great manager and dsm, good staff, hard work, paid very well, bonus
Cons
Long hours, very hot in the summer.
forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 6, 2019
Fast pace , great staff , easy training, good pay, office policy understanding , you can request for overtime, work have to be done before closing, teamwork
Ok
Inside Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Bozrah, CTFebruary 6, 2019
Left to go to another company. Then laid off again . Company was ok to work for not alot of training . Learned mostly on my own. Trying to transfer from one location was horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Supply Co. Inc. Our community is ready to answer.