ABC Supply Co. Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive
Truck Driver/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38118July 18, 2018
The work environment is typically Fast pace on a regular day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to go home at a timely manner. The hardest part of the day is lunch time.
Pros
fast pace environment
Cons
little or no pay increases
good pay bad management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE #640July 13, 2018
poor management , no room for advancement , don't want your opinions or suggestion's. Warehouse staff are nice to get along with but office staff is the problem.
Sounded great
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 9, 2018
Was hired by one manager and left under a new manager. I was told, or better sold, on their whole "family" atmosphere and big into helping me succeed which was not the whole story but basically a sales pitch.
Pros
Cons
promotions are shady and few and far in between
Okayish
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 3, 2018
It was a good job, would work there again if i had the opportunity and would recommend a friend if need be, Just a little washy at times with other associates.
Driver
Site Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 3, 2018
I was a delivery driver and site forman for ABC.the job was strait forward and the people I worked with were great. The hours during the week where long but being a seasonal position you took as much as what was allowed. The company treated it workers with respect for the most part. The problems hit when I came back next season after lay off. I decided to go back to school to finish my degree and was told I could still work part time and week ends. I was told I would be contacted when the roof layers came back but never was. So instead of telling me they couldn't use me I was drug along for a semester and almost went broke waiting for a job that I was assured was there on 4 occasion but never got.
A great place to work just not a satisfactory pay rate on my behalf
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time at ABC. Great employees & atmosphere. Friendly work place. Work schedule was convenient to me and my family. Flexible hours. I would recommend this company to anybody in need of a job.
Pros
Great Friendly Place
Cons
Didnt Pay Enough
Productive workplace and nice environment.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 27, 2018
They were always friendly and would go out of there way to assist in any way possible. The manager would come out into to the warehouse or work the counter if needed to insure the satisfaction of the customers.
Delivery of building material.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJune 24, 2018
My day consisted of the delivery of building products to the customers. we delivered Roofing, Siding, Windows , doors, and all accessories. The relationship you ha d the opportunity to build with the customers was a positive environment.
Pros
The learning process of the Boom, and Knuckle boom trucks. The fellow employees was a positive environment
Cons
The occasional odd delivery location.
I love ABC Supply
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCJune 22, 2018
From the top to the bottom this company is ran the correct way. The only issue I have isn't with ABC Supply, it is with some of the employees. Some employees don't understand that advancement happens for everyone at a different rate. It turns into some of the better employees getting held back.
very fast pace fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 20, 2018
start at 5am check the forklift for any problems get the days pre-ordered invoices collect the product from warehouse or yard put on pallet wrap in plastic wrap for transport take to staging area then at end of day clean yard and warehouse
Pros
free lunch
A great workplace environment with fantastic coworkers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJune 20, 2018
I would recommend working at ABC to anyone looking for a first job or a job in general. It was a fun environment and I learned a lot about the products as well. Also the rest of the workers were just as great
Mangment sucks.
Exdriver (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 17, 2018
Bad environment.loaders don't get drug tested.so your always working with some one who is either drunk or high.drivers get the short end of the stick and are responsible for every little thing.office/management only like you if your will to get drunk with them on the weekends.they play favorites.you will be doing all the loads and staying out until 7 at night.if I were you I would get a job at a different roofing company.this place is going down hill fast.run run far away.
Pros
Cons
All the above
productive
delivery material handler (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 16, 2018
load truck and secure materials
head to job
unload materials
secure remaining materials
head to next job site
and repeat

hardest part of job; loading the roofs

most enjoyable part; the physical labor and completing job sites
benefits
Cons
negative coworkers
Very prouductive place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2018
It was a great place to work at. They gave me a lot of overtime which was vey much appreciated. The manager was always accommodating to my personal matters.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
Not enough pay
job
Roof Loader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2018
Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment, Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs, Sort cargo before loading and unloading, Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information, Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected,
Hard work not good pay for what you was doing
Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 6, 2018
Manager need to retire. Dispatcher needs to have a cdl and back the drivers more he does. You have a few people bust there butt and the rest are on easy street with 1 1/2 lunch break and always looking for a way out of work. Will put you on roofs that are to steep to even be on. When you call them on it they will talk down to you
Pros
Work out side
Cons
Poor management, lazy people and manager will not fire anyone
It was an ok place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 4, 2018
I would say just work safe stay to your self make sure to ask if you need any help an make sure you follow what you are told to do an if you need an help ask
Pros
Safety dinners an Christmas party an picnic
Cons
Some of the people
Some what a good place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Midway, FLJune 4, 2018
It’s a hard job to work. You are on the roof load shingles busting your butt through out the day then get back to the shop at 5 and have to go back out and driving 1 hour away to unload materials. The pay is way to low for the amount of work you put in
Pros
Buy you lunch
Cons
Pay
Have chances to learn and grow under the right manager.
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 31, 2018
ABC Supply is a employee based company. Excellent benefits with awesome people to work with. Have worked with different managers and everyone of them are different good and bad. Other than that I highly recommend ABC to anyone wanting a long term job.
productive work environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAMay 23, 2018
Very busy..but great staff and management support. great salary and benefit..friendly work environment...good vacation time and great business trips...
Pros
great benefits...supportive management team