ACS Employee Reviews

Found 2,458 reviews matching the search See all 2,964 reviews
Hourly Rate based on call guidelines does not pay the bills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 17, 2019
Those who make high wages were found to be horrible Customer Representatives and were fired within three months of employment. Those who make low wages were fired within couple of weeks of employment. There is no feedback from leads or management teams. Those who made the mediocre wages that do not support any lifestyle were kept on but had no access to promotions or benefits (like myself).
Pros
helping customers
Cons
no benefits and suffered major paycut when changed to activity based pay
A lot of opportunities to help. Good leadership and direction. Achievable goals.
Situation Management Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
Career progression during tenure there. Directed process creation. Developed employee process training. Good team interface globally. Everyone seemed to be working towards the same goals.
Pros
People, clients, management, working environment
Cons
Long hours as part of Major Incident support.
good pay long hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 2, 2018
Usually have 3 different shifts and hours are 12 hour shift. Decent pay and good culture.Management is okay and the work is hard at times.The hardest part of the job is standing 12 hours. Learned procures of assembly line.
Pros
free lunch
First Job
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILNovember 20, 2018
This was my first real job and I didn't stay long enough to really have an opportunity for advancement. I do remember that they let you work. No micromanagement here. Gave you a project to do and off you went.

I worked in an office with 5 other people and we all got along, but the company was enormous so it was very difficult to develop personal relationship, or even talk to someone in management.
Pros
Quiet, No Micromanagement Here
Cons
Too Large, everyone is disposable.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Represent/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYSeptember 13, 2018
Management was terrible. They did not know what they were doing and even had drug problems. Promotions were done on the "buddy system" Fixed pay with no raises and the commision were almost impossible to get even if you earned them.
Culture is only as good as the client you are assigned to.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 29, 2018
The culture of ACS is overshadowed by the culture of the client you are assigned to because there is very little interaction with the management of ACS and much more with your assigned company. It was good to have the opportunity.
Changing cultural perspectives
Corporate Trainer Phoenix (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2018
Company is undergoing massive change and shifts in it's internal and client facing culture. Be prepared for an innovative view points and challenges.
Cons
Benefits have shifted from good to fair options in the last few years.
busy workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, NYOctober 13, 2018
A typical day at this job was attending to the customers questions and concerns.
Updating info on clients accounts.
Management was ok.
Culture was diversed.
The hardest part was getting to all of the customers in the Que before closing time.
The most enjoyable part was being of assistance and being able to help out the customer with their questions and concerns.
Accounts payable lead clerk
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working for ACS. However at the time I worked there, they didn't offer any child care assistance and I was placed on probation for being late to work on an 8-5 schedule, (even though it was a salary position) due to having to drop son off to school at 730 and not being able to get to work in traffic within 30 minute period. So I was let go...
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
didn't have any type of family/child assistance
Bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORNovember 13, 2018
I answered incoming phone calls for Verizon Wireless one bill. I learned a lot about cell phones and billing. The management was awful !!! There was no workplace culture. Dealing with abusive customers and not being able to the end call. The end of the end day was the most enjoyable
Cons
Abusive customers, poor management.....
stressful case worker
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 8, 2018
ACS didn't understand the way welfare worked. They intended on making it a business. The work culture was terrible. The benefits were good. Most people who started with the State of Indiana and was forcibly transferred to ACS, no longer work at ACS. It was an unpleasant work environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful work enviornment
ACS was a great place to work
Freestyle Team Benefits Investigator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2018
ACS was a great place to work. Awesome management and good opportunites for advancement. great team members. good equipment. outstanding management. ACS was awesome.
Travel Agency
Ticketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNJuly 24, 2018
Typical day consisted of answering calls, ticketing airline reservations
assisting coworkers
I learned more about the travel industry and how to ticket airline reservations
The workplace culture was alright, however there was some micro management.
Hardest part of my job would be to complete projects that were given without the proper tools.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with coworkers and assisting customers with their travel needs.
fantastic company
(ACS), Client Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MS 39157October 8, 2018
ACS, now "Conduent" is a fantastic company to work for. I enjoyed my position there and would still be there if changes hadn't been made. The legislature approved to do away with "Managed Care Medicaid" therefore my position, along with many others who were employed at ACS abruptly ended. They did offer us all another position but the only things they had open at the time were located a long ways from where I lived at the time.
Pros
great benefits, flexible work, travel, great people
Cons
was a contract position so turned out to not be very secure
Productive Place to work
Independent Sr. SAS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2018
Full Hours, Good Benefits.
Competitive Rates.
Career Training for Future Opportunities.
Supportive Management.
Competent Co-workers.
Helpful Co-workers.
Awesome work exprience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2018
A typical day at acs was working customer service daily,how to learn different parts of technology,management was awesome i loved working side by side my manger learning,the workplace culture was diverse,the hardest part of the job was learning how to multitask the most enjoyable part was giving customers great customer service experience.
Stressful Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 11, 2018
The company didnt care too much for the benefits of its employees. I truly felt as if I were just a number working with the company. People came and went so fast I was not able to learn my management team nor my fellow coworkers.
High turnover, immature
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 8, 2018
Company was good for when you are right out of high school, but not if you don’t live at home. You were maxed out in customer service at a very low amount. You could be great at your job and follow policy, but it a couple of customers did the follow up survey and rated you low, you could be fired. It didn’t differentiate the reason. Not sure if they even asked. If could be your being rude or not giving them a credit. Makes no difference.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Low pay, management had favorites
Transitional job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2018
This is a typical contractors job, there are no benefits, room for advancement or protection for you the sub teacher. You cannot get a full schedule most of the time and the days are sporadic.
Pros
work when you want to
Cons
low pay bad assignments
Very Competitive. People were fun to work with.
Customer Service / Researcher (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 17, 2018
Checking information on check see if all criteria was there to Process Check. If not find information by trying to contact Payroll
in timely manor to get more information So check could be process through the state.
Learn a lot through the State and Child Support.
Variety Culture never bothered me.
Not being able to process ck.
Getting your job done.
Benefits
Cons
Only got paid pre Checks process