ADP
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

ADP Employee Reviews

United States5,318 reviews

Found 5,318 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,033 reviews

Good place to start and apply to other career advancements

You can work here if you want but there is a lot of pressure to succeed and it’s not very easy to sell payroll. The training is second to none but after that you are on your own.

Official response from ADP

October 20, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the insights and thoughtful analysis.

Low pay, low promotions

The company makes a point when you are hired that they promote within when that's not truly the case. New job openings are hush hush and by the time you know about them, most of your co-workers are already interviewing. Those that do get management promotions are unqualified.

ADP insights

Based on 1,880 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

ADP is continuously innovating and has really good management at the top.

Long commute to Roseland didn't help. People are professional and helpful. However, it was difficult getting to know people and collaborate on projects. Always seemed like the work I submitted just disappeared, never got any feedbackj.

Pros

Good established company, good upper management

Cons

Lack of communication among employees on team.

Great workplace culture!

Leadership is very supportive of new moms and moms with young kids. New moms get 45mins to pump. And this is aside from your regular lunch time and the two 15min breaks.

Solid company with great people

I love the fact that I can proudly explain what I do and what my company does to my toddler or my grandmother. ADP has a straightforward business model that touches millions of families around the world. Work can be challenging but there's always a strong support network around you. The pay is fair once you adjust for low risk and high work life balance.

Eat Your Wheaties

They want a lot out of you and it will require a lot of your time if you’re the type that excels quickly and want to move up or around 🙃🤪😒The pay just wasn’t worth it for the amount of their expectations.

Relaxed atmosphere while attaining your goals

The workplace culture is relaxed, while the work can be very demanding. It's a fine balance to know you have outlets and options when needed. The hardest part of the job is the unknown, but it can also be the most challenging and most rewarding.

Over worked under paid

Working here is ok if you are single and have no other responsibilities. The pay is low and if you aren't in the in crowd you won't get selected for promotion

Call center 100* calls

Typical call center 100* calls a day depending on how efficient you’ve become. The stats based on your productivity and work are not hard to achieve but there’s a really strict attendance policy. No room for growth. Best days were the slower days where you could actually stop to breath for a second. Might be a good company if you could get a position that did not include the phones.

Was a great job then it changed and workload only increased and pay stayed the same.

After an exhausting hiring job and benefits seemed adequate. Shortly after new procedures kept adding more to job duties. Even if OT was voluntary it appeared that it was required. There was always an excuse why incentives or bonuses were not payed.

Great company with good benefits

6% 401K matchGreat support from managerLess career growthFree nurse visits in premisesLess perksNo bonusDecent health insurance hsa planCan improve a lot

Lead App Developer

Different Business Units have different budgets and so different growth levels for employees.Work culture is good. Colleagues are friendly and helpfulLot of politics at management levelGood work life balance

Would not recommend

Very fast paced, must be able to multi-task constantly or you will not succeed. Received basic employee benefits like 401k, health insurance, PTO, etc.

Can't trust no one and vindictive

I thought ADP was the career for me but it's not! ADP is a very clickish environment and if you don't fit in or stay to yourself they will find ways to get rid of you! Training is 3 months of wasted time, I was promised a mentor and never got that. It's all about who you friends with at that company! Do not apply here if you quiet and stay to yourself! Management is awful they don't know what they doing either. Everyone in the comprehensive benefits department is winging it. If they don't like you start looking for a career elsewhere! Do yourself a favor and don't apply here.

Easy workload . Bad management

The work was easy and fun. However management lack the experience needed to lead. You will not be promoted unless you play bestie with management. Lunch break is about 30 minutes!

Decent pay, lots of technical support

ADP is a great place for people who love corporate work environments that are driven by numbers. Definitely more of a call center than anything. Decent benefits.

Very little pay

As a payroll company they do not pay employees what they are worth. They expect too much and goals are unrealistic. Promise they will feed you before they provide you with a promotion or a bonus. Passing out snacks does not make up for overworking your staff.

Good people. Fun environment, yet also VERY Corporate!

Can be a a very good place to work. The biggest thing is preparing and passing certain certification tests. You are largely expected to do that on your own with the help of a website and several books, but no actual classes or individual teaching instruction. Has an ultra-corporate and competitive feel on one hand, yet a fraternity/sorority party feel on the other. Have to have the right personality and mentality to fit in. Some of the interviewers seemed distracted and others were quite optimistic yet did not provide enough adequate feedback

Pros

Free lunches, outside activities, decent base salary

Cons

Rocky on-boarding experience, poor test-prep guidance, no class-room instruction, seeming reluctance to teach /train how to be successfull

ADP WAS awesome, then it wasn't.

I worked as a contractor with ADP RPO and I loved it. The candidates I talked with daily were a joy, however, my assignment was canceled, and I was immediately unemployed. I was not the only contractor with my employer who was let go that day. ADP is an amazing company. If I had the option to work as a full-time employee, I would jump at it. I was informed that I was ineligible for rehire by my recruitment firm, so that was disappointing. They offer incredible opportunities for learning, advancement, growth, and training, and have a wide range of services they offer so if you have interests in multiple areas of HR, IT, training, etc you will find a great work home in this company.

Fun work environment

Senior leadership changes all the time. Associates are able to have mentors onsight. Work life balance can be difficult during year end! Advancement can be difficult if you don't take advantage of opportunities.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Year end is extremely stressful

Great place to work, nice people, lots of room for advancement.

Good Monday - Friday job with set hours, always learning with their different products, management is supportive, offer great benefits and compensation, sometimes it may take some time to learn every feature of a product, but always part of a great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight