ADP Employee Reviews

Found 3,248 reviews matching the search See all 4,366 reviews
stressful place to work
Payroll Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJOctober 23, 2018
This was a cost center environment and I didn't like it. We were held to a queue of calls that were non-stop and we really didn't have time to address the concerns of the customers.
Pros
distance from home to work was good
Cons
cost center
Not a Good Company
Account Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 22, 2018
They don't follow their mission! There leadership was terrible. They micromanaged everyone. At the end of the new year we were stuck with the same 18 accounts to sell into. We were not given any new accounts so the second year was horrible.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Terrible Management
Best Company I've Worked For
Major Account Executive - National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 22, 2018
Well run, professional organization. I enjoyed a long and successful career at ADP. For anyone looking for a job, I would recommend this company. Well run organization.
Learning environment
HCMC/Implementation Spec I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2018
Awesome place to learn and grow in HR industry. The management is very supportive, the company provides a plethora of learning opportunities , room for growth and advancement, team atmosphere, flexible schedule.
Pros
workplace balance
Cons
work from home, atomosphere, team work
quick-pace and very active work place
Payroll Processor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ 07054October 21, 2018
-typical day at work was 8 hours per day, constantly occupied myself with more work.

-The work place environment was welcoming.

-hardest part of the job was working/looking on a computer screen for many hours.
Amazing experience and training
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 21, 2018
ADP is an amazing place to work. I had opportunities to grow and be trained. ADP is diverse and has great benefits. I love challenges and I love to learn, so I enjoyed every day I was there, since you learn something new every day at ADP
Pros
Great benefits, ability to grow, challenging, ethical
Cons
Much to do, so sometimes had to work late to get projects done
Workplace Culture
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJOctober 21, 2018
Working for ADP was a pleasure and I was there for 14 years. They take care of their employees and treat them like family. Many times would even buy lunch especially of the call volume was higher on that day. The hardest part of the job are escalations but as long as the client knows you are going to take care of them is a breeze. The most enjoyable part is giving the client world class service that they deserve and expect. Going above and beyond for the client to actually hear a smile on their face.
Pros
Flexible Shifts, Great Benefits, Free Lunches
Cons
Sometimes smaller lunch breaks (depending on call volume)
College campus for after college
District Manager / Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2018
Everyone in the office treated it like a dorm. There are constantly balls flying around, golf balls being smacked across the office and dart guns being fired. The culture was based on age and not on professionalism. If you did not have some sort of social relationship with management after hours, the odds of advancing in the company were very slim.
Pros
good work life balance, company events, benefits, 401k match
Cons
young mgmt, nepotism, politics, college campus in the form of cubicles.
Great Experience
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 19, 2018
Great experience to work in ADP!Automatic Data Processing, Inc., commonly known as ADP, is an American provider of human resources management software and services
Great Flexibility and Benefits
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2018
My role at ADP offers a great deal of flexibility and autonomy. Management is very understanding of employees having family needs and requirements and as long as you get your job done they let you be flexible with how and when you do it. Benefits are pretty good and parental leave is great, but compensation isn't quite comparable with the area and ADP should look into more frequent cost of living evaluations and adjustments. Additionally, there are limits on how much of a rate increase you can earn with a promotion which can further pay inequity if someone wasn't paid at the same level as their non-minority colleagues upon first starting at ADP.
Pros
Paid parental leave, flexibility, overall culture
Cons
Compensation practices and standards
Outside sales is not for everyone
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2018
I was an associate district manager for the small business payroll division. Lots of cold calling. Driving around knocking on doors. If you want a career in sales than I totally recommend it but if sales is not your ultimate aspiration then don't work here.
Use to be a good company to work for
Client Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Taking call after call, micro managed, very low moral due to office closing and people losing their jobs. In the old days is was a very good place to work we were all like family.
Pros
Great People like Family
Cons
Stressful, long working hours, productivity goals
Solid company
Manager - Systems Software and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJOctober 18, 2018
Strong financial foundation and divers career opportunities. Due to their overwhelming presence in varied fields lots of chances to learn and grow with the company
Limited training for necesary requirements of job
HCM Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2018
Benefits could be MUCH improved for such a large employer.
Healthcare is extremely expensive; only 5 paid holidays, etc.

While training was a long process (3 months), it was all methodology focused rather than product focused.
Best Company in the Hampton Roads Market
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 17, 2018
By far the best company I have ever worked for - challenging work, supportive leadership, collaborative teammates, social responsibility, never a dull moment!
Pros
Gym onsite, Starbucks onsite, physician onsite, cafeteria onsite, promotional opportunities, career growth, nice bonus plan
Cons
Healthcare coverage could be better
Love it here
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJOctober 17, 2018
Great place to be! I love my job. I've been here for 6 years and held three different roles. I'm able to continue learning and growing. The company is investing in me. I feel very loyal and will keep working hard for a company that cares about me. Leadership is amazing - great communication from the highest levels. Sense of teamwork and collaboration.
Pros
Growth opportunities, Career Development, Flexibility, Great benefits
Cons
None come to mind
Human Capital Management
Human Capital Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed my role as a Human Capital Management Consultant when I was ADP.

Being an HCMC got me ready for other job opportunities.

I had the opportunity to implement HR & Benefits, Recruitment, Performance and Compensation.
Pros
Having ADP on my resume
Cons
Internal applying process
Bad company to work for
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2018
This is a company that will use you until you are all used up. No matter how hard that you work, No safe guard for their employees. Still don't know why they are still in business
Pros
Cons
bullhit
Good company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAOctober 17, 2018
Company backs you up. Great perks. Has all benefits needs to live a good life. Company is well known. Company is all over the world. Great people to work with.
Supportive Work Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYOctober 16, 2018
Based on client requirements a work day could be as long as 12 hours. The culture is service, quality and client focused. Associates are encouraged to go above and beyond in implementation and think strategically about long term client relationships.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Limited project resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight