AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 2,344 reviews matching the search See all 3,474 reviews
fun place
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VANovember 17, 2018
good working environment, enjoyed the people I worked with and for, I love what I do and the providers I work for. Just did not have health benefits.
Good place to work for!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 13, 2018
This is a great place to work for. Great benefits and advancement opportunities. This company is a world wide corporation were you can relocation to various countries.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Downsizing!
Construction services
Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 11, 2018
Worked at Tishman's office in Piscataway. Management that does not reward loyalty and hard work. The operations VP is terrible. Each day is a fire fighting panic. I tried to offer ideas and solutions to problems but was not listened to.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Poor Management and lack of growth
Senior Cost Estimator (Former Employee) –  Newyork cityNovember 11, 2018
An excellent opportunity for a serious learner and unlimited scope for expanding your experience.The peer group are well experienced and can take their help in expanding your area of expertise.The company keeps up to date with their performance world wide by arranging meetings during lunch time.The top managers come and present their on going projects to the employees.
Pros
Good start for a serious learner
Cons
one has to take initiative to learn and contact supervisor
Good place to work if you are looking for good pay in the Lemoore area.
Aircraft Worker (Plane Captain) (Former Employee) –  Naval Air Station Lemoore, CANovember 8, 2018
As long as a person gets their qualifications and know what they are doing, then the job itself is easy. Everyday you are assigned to a different task.
Overall employees are good
Staff Support II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 7, 2018
Typical work day varies but overall relaxed. Immediate supervisor not good. Over work culture for me no room for advancement. Hardest part of the job was my immediate supervisor. Best part was my coworkers.
Great co-workers
Materials Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 6, 2018
Each day that I show up for work I know that no matter the pace of the day, the team work that my co-workers and I will display will match and exceed the expectations of our customers.
Pros
Good pay and great co-workers
Cons
No sick leave
Ok workplace
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 6, 2018
Job Stability
Overlack of entities, allowing employee to learn different processes and procedures
Flexible schedule
Lots of Change
Courses available through online University
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Heavy workload
Pretty Stable
Auto Worker w/cdl (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LANovember 5, 2018
The hours are good. pay is great and the environment is relaxed. 4.6 hours of paid time off earned each week. you cant argue with that. flexible overtime is available.
adequate compensation, dreadful hours, cut-throat work culture, nepotism and poor management
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo Chemical Depot, CONovember 4, 2018
Given the task of de-militarization/neutralization of live chemical weapons, some of the work was extremely dangerous. That said, the compensation was well deserved. The hours/schedule were brutal due to use of the "du-pont" schedule. I found the work culture and environment very toxic, misleading, dishonest and confusing due to blatant nepotism and poor advancement practices.
I do not remember work for AECOM but I worked for Washington Group
Surveyor / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2018
The time I spent at Washington Group was a comfortable and productive work environment, I learn to work in the field collecting data and to draw the survey plans through MicroStation and AutoCAD
Pros
growth potential
Cons
short term
Good Learning Experience
Computer Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVNovember 1, 2018
Great Benefits. Decent hours and good pay. Great place to learn and grow your technical skills. Company hiring process is very easy and human resources are very friendly.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Schedule
Pay is not the best
Supply Process Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BagrāmNovember 1, 2018
There's room to grow within the company. The pay could be better considering that this is a hazardous work environment. Also should look into changing the clearance process.
It’s who you know
Blue Grass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KY 40475October 31, 2018
Get it going in door cause you are going to get lousy raises and ever increasing cost of Benifits - amazing how how much benefits cost increase faster than wages
Pros
Not many
Cons
Plenty
Miserable place to work.
Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2018
Management was terrible and unfocused. They weren't engaged and when they tried to engage, their priorities were not their employees. They were simply trying to meet the established metrics.
Utilization Rate
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2018
Work culture is all about your utilization rate. Employees are widgets which must be billable to be worth keeping around. Plan on finding your own work with no help from management.
Poor Management
Aircraft Painter (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYOctober 28, 2018
AECOM is a fast paced company. I have worked in the paint booth for almost a year. As a painter at AECOM you are expected to perform all duties from sanding, masking, surface prep, bodywork, and paint.
Pros
All the overtime you could want.
Highly bureaucratic and risk-averse
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2018
AECOM treats its labor impersonally. The company offers poor benefits and is not shy about eroding them to satisfy shareholder demand. I had anticipated the opportunity to do innovative work, but found that the company is highly bureaucratic and risk-averse. Because there is no room for overhead, there are few formal opportunities to gain skills. People are also fiercely protective of their timesheets, and often interpret offers to help make things move efficiently as an attempt to "steal" their work.
Pros
Exposure to diverse clients; opportunity to work on world-class projects
Cons
Management that prioritizes short-term profit over long-term strategy
worked for them along time ago
Environmental Inspector (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Worked for them a long time ago and management has changed so my review would not be accurate.I don't have anything else to say, but i need a minimum of 150 characters....
Worked Remote from home with autonomy
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVOctober 24, 2018
Typical day is 8 hours heads-down coding enhancements and bug fixes.
Learned Corasworks SharePoint Toolset and advanced web design and enhancement.
Managed large SharePoint Applications and Support
Remote access with self-paced autonomy
Communicating with Site teams on needs and usage
Creating and Implementing advanced Custom solutions fulfilling users needs
Pros
Self-paced remote access development of advanced solutions
Cons
insufficient tools provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AECOM.

Powered by Comparably