AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 2,289 reviews matching the search See all 3,398 reviews
excellent company
Aircraft Mechanic Level III Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2018
excellent benefits and treats employees well. Great training program with chance to excel and be promoted. Three shifts that rotate every 90 days makes it easy to plan personal time off
A typical day at AECOM
Associate Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 20, 2018
There is no typical day as each day has something else in store, so that is nice. At least there is no redundancy. In my position things could be extremely busy or it could be rather slow. I enjoyed my 15 years here, I just wish there was more advancement allowed for me.
Pros
Employee appreciation, Thanksgiving and Christmas meals
Cons
Management, Good Ol Boy system, no advancement.
Loved It
Traffic Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Never should have left. I wanted to get a more 9 to 5 schedule. Other than that I liked AECOM. I probably should have tried to see what was offered on another project as opposed to leaving completely.
My Opinion
Instructor Pilot (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALSeptember 19, 2018
The work environment at AECOM is fast-paced and sometimes stressful due to the new program-of-instruction. The program is still in its infancy and growing; however, conditions will eventually smooth out with time and a lot of effort.
Pros
Short hours of work.
Cons
Working with millenials.
great place poor management
Junior Maintenance Technician/Battery Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDSeptember 17, 2018
it was a great place but managers were ignorant and disrespectful. also was a fast paced enviorment and alot of good people to work with. always busy never slow
Pros
great pay and hours
Cons
terrible management
Decent company to work for
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Aecom is a good company to work for but there does seem to be a disconnect between lower level employees and management. Direct supervisor are there and are available to assist with any issues. Now when it comes to managers, they need some work. They could also use a better training program, we truly don’t have one. When you get hired they will give you an orientation and try to touch base on certain topics. Now the topics are discussed before even getting to the software. Once orientation is completed then you start some hands on training. Unfortunately since there seems to be no care on a try training program they sit you with anyone. Not everyone is suited to train and you truly don’t learn much until on your own.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Needs a training program
The job was good.
Security Monitor Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed where I worked at, because of some of the people I came in contact with they was very good to me. My co-workers was good to work with also. It was a great task to work for this company.
Pros
The commute was close.
Cons
No comments.
Aecom
MATERIAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with AECOM because it provided job advancements with a competitive salary. The work environment was not stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with veterans.
My Job
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CA 93246September 10, 2018
AECOM is a place that gives everyone a chance to work and thrive. As a contracter I do not have much room for upward progress but I can better my skills and apply for upward movement within AECOM
Productive and interesting workplace
Project Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 10, 2018
Love working here, job is easy and people are very friendly and helpful. Most days are very relaxed. Some days there are time sensitive matters that need to be taken care of.
Satisfactory place to work
Engineering Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2018
No complaints. Working at AECOM is a job that pays very well but is not very rewarding. Management is Satisfactory and supporting. Not a lot of Vacation
Great work environment
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 8, 2018
Love the variety of work from day-to-day. Benefits are great with the exception of the cost of health insurance (but I think that's most companies the days). The company provides each office with a budget specific for building employee moral and collaboration as part of their Great Place 2 Work (GP2W) Program. Their main focus is the safety and health of their employees, and work towards improving processes to ensure their safety. While some days can be stressful, staff work together as a team to help reduce tension and work overload.
Pros
Benefits, pay, collaboration, support for staff
Cons
Cost of some benefits
Okay company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff Arsenal, ARSeptember 8, 2018
This position came at a very opportune time. The work was rather uninteresting. Great offsite training opportunities and great opportunities to achieve professional licensure.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Limited opportunities to be promoted
Good company to work.for.
Envirnmental Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Boston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Enjoyed my time with them. Good, strong work ethics. Fare and equal opportunities. Let's you do your job without a lot of interference. Made sure everyone one was in compliance with all safety regulation.
Excellent DoD contracting company
Senior Systems Engineer/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VASeptember 8, 2018
AECOM Management Services (formally URS) has proven to be the best overall DoD contracting company that I have been associated with. Unlike most DoD contracting firms in the US, they treat their employees as valued members of the organization and not pawns at the mercy of Government whims.
Has rewards for employees who go above and beyond.
Toll Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Company recognizes employees with exceptional work ethic. They also match donations and retirement accounts. The company will give educational benefits to senior employees studying engineering.
Working atmosphere was aiway good people within the company were alway helpful.
Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  1700 MARKET Street, Philadelphia Pa.September 4, 2018
Typical day always very calm and very productive everyone help each other. Day personnel always kept up date on progress of work,
and making night easier.
Pros
All personal were well informed at all time's
Cons
None to speek off work condition basically very good and calm!
Productive, fun place to grow as an engineer
AutoCAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 1, 2018
Great company. Great place to learn. Great place to grow professionally, There are lots of opportunities for this company in terms of learning and gaining experience. Great work hours flexibility and management is very open and approachable.
Pros
A lot of learning opportunities
Cons
Dealing with limited job numbers
Large complex projects to challenge you and keep your interest.
Hydrogeologist / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2018
Enjoyed working there except I never knew if I was going to be on the next wave of layoffs. People were either overworked or left out in the cold due to cliquish attitudes between client groups. While management encouraged interoffice collaboration to keep people busy, very little was possible due to the constraints within the profit centers (which changed every six months). Annual reviews and career planning was a detailed process that was in the end a total joke, as upper management determined who was going to be promoted without any consideration of the review process, much to the frustration of the employees and supervisors. Then, while I was recommended by my supervisors and upper management for redeployment assistance, there was little help from HR after both times I was laid off.
Pros
Great people to work with, unlimited resources
Cons
Stressful working conditions, many layoffs
URS was a great company to work with
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Crane, INAugust 29, 2018
I worked for the companies that were EG&G Technical Services and URS Corporation which became AECOM. I did not continue with them because of their company business practices which I didn't agree with
Pros
Excellent people to work with
Cons
Sressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight