AECOM

United States2,988 reviews

Found 2,988 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,660 reviews

AECOM insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Productive and Fun workplace

Most enjoyable part of the job was the hours. Hours were flexible and open. I really enjoyed working nights.

Great if you work in another country. Thats where all the jobs are going.

My direct management was great. There was no Work Life balance. Jobs were going overseas, and even those jobs had high turnover from bad pay and no life.

Pros

Coworkers. Pay wasn't horrible

Cons

NO life. 12 hour days 6 days a week.. No help being hired locally all being sent overseas

Fun job but not much else.

Many issues with payroll. Not much recognition from upper management. Co workers are a close knit bunch and fun to work with. Job makes you feel like you are helping people.

Pros

A company for the board of directors

The company squeezes employees year over year, taking some benefit, all in the name of profit for the board. The top five make over $40 million a year last I checked. Over 15 years. I saw the talent leave, and the new managers outcasts from other companies, everyone scrambling to cover there billable team. The company has no loyalty, will lay you off after being a cash cow for them for 20 years. No one is your friend, everyone competing for hours. Such a poorly run company, I would be careful working here.

Pros

Big company gets big projects

Cons

For a big company, local offices will not share work. There is no camaraderie, you are simply an employee in a spreadsheet that accounting will sort by billable hours.

Decent job but push for compensation

Network is everything and who you have for a manager is everything. It is a comfortable role but easy to get pigeonholed. I fought for my decent raises. Very few bonus and are very random.

Pros

Big company lots of resources good benefit package

Cons

Doesn’t really support flex work

Overworked and just not a enjoyable job sometimes it’s fun nice to be at home I’m not sure everyone would enjoy this but it’s worth a try to get into phone clerk for experience

Management do not care if employees expose each other to COVID. Management is not approachable.

Disrespectful environment from management down. Manager stated that he cannot force anyone to wear a mask. Unsafe environment. It’s all about the job.

Pros

Easy job, helping people that travel on Turnpike. You will Receive a gift card.

Cons

Management do not care for peoples health & safety, They don’t even want you to talk about what’s affecting everyone, Manager isn’t approachable, they pretty much give you whatever shifts, incompetence are supervising, and allot of people who are working there is because a family member got them the job.

Flexible work schedule/decent pay

Biggest incentive for working at AECOM is both the flexibility, as long as you are billing the appropriate hours you can get the work done on your own time, and the size. Most people I work with have been at the company for 10+ years and feel there is room for advancement. My salary is almost exactly at the average for my position so not bad but not great. Biggest issues, at least at my local office, have been culture and disorganization. The managers are competent people but they are clearly overwhelmed, with a lot of critical tasks falling through the cracks and the structure of work is completely lacking. Additionally, there have been some individuals who have created toxic/uncomfortable workplaces, but no one seems to mind or care.

Pros

Flexible schedule, benefits, room for growth

Cons

Disorganization, managers are overwhelmed

Great atmosphere, pay not so great

It was a great place to begin my career. Spent a lot of time in the field which was a plus. Culture is great but the pay was lacking for entry level employees.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Pay

Good Large Consulting Company

Your experience will probably be heavily dependent on the department you are in since AECOM is so big. My department has a large variety of interesting work, really smart and talented people, and allows you to learn a lot.

Pros

Interesting, Smart People

Cons

Tight budgets, challenging schedules

Large company

Aecom is a large cost consultancy company. The projects can vary or you can also be on a single project for quite a long time. Varied clients a s varied tasks

Pros

Exposure to large projects

Cons

Can be political

Large Organization

Good Structure for Serving their Clients. The subdivision of corporate facilities well meet the ever-developing growth of the client base, the excellence of staff and career tenured professionals continue to elevate the quality of services delivered.

Pros

Accomplished Professionals.

Cons

Diversity

Lots of favoritism, management very bad

Not a good place to work. Lots of overtime due to callouts. Really poor managers. No innovation and clueless at times.Pay is not horrible due to opportunity for overtime.

Pros

Lots of overtime due to call outs

Cons

Really bad management

Great management

Great company to work for. Was able to move up with hard work. Would work for them again. Like most jobs. You work hard you get rewarded. Management was great

Good first job out of school

Good first job out of school. Pay attention to business line and what your profession is. If you’re trying to get AXP done to get licensed but starting out in an engineering business line like Transportation, it can take years for a project to go into construction if its approvals and funding make it that long. Otherwise good office experience and had the benefit of working with some very fine people in my department.

Pros

Good wages, health benefits, flexible hours when you need it

Cons

Even public sector projects have feast and famine like anything else

Productive and professional work environment

Work was varied and fairly relaxed but fast paced. Training was good, except for communication on deadlines for learning on the computer for promotion to full time employment from temporary employment.

Good company

Generally it is a good place to work. They laid me off due to lack of work. I understand why they did but wish they didn’t. Overall I have a good opinion of the company. The work location is in downtown New Orleans and parking is quite expensive. The building where they are located is very nice and well appointed.

Pros

Work location

Cons

Lack of work

As a whole

Company is global. It depends on where you work. I find that especially in times with covid they have no work life balance. They will not give you work for weeks and then call you to go work randomly. This of course is for the lower, beginner college level job positions.

Good

Had a good experience. Worked in a lot of projects. Adapted wel to pandemic. Little fish in a big pond. Exposure to a lots great people and great culture

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work life balance

Good co workers, management was not willingly to give raises or advancement

Where can I start, retaliation if you call hr about an issue with management, hr is always on their side as to say they have a reason to yell at us. Bad

Pros

A gift card at Christmas

Cons

Cant say all i want, racist when i was there, some management had alcoholism issues while at work, would not promote unless kissed butt, i guess thats all cant go over 100 characters

Just a very weird experience.

Loved my responsibilities and projects I was assigned with my team. Office politics was something more than expected. Passive aggressive behavior, non team environment, and lack of accountability for ones performance was more than I was looking for. When there’s a rule that no one can be terminated regardless of performance. It’s not a team and in business of construction no one can build alone.

Pros

Toxic people hung out together so you knew who to stay away from

Cons

If the program director is bad it’s going to be a long project.

Common questions about AECOM

Answered by current and former employees at AECOM

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.4K
1.5K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss