AECOM
67Average

AECOM Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA199 reviews
Productive and Fun workplace
Most enjoyable part of the job was the hours. Hours were flexible and open. I really enjoyed working nights.
I enjoyed working with them
It was great working with people whom you can trust-AECOM. I have learned a lot of things. And if will be given another chance to work with them, I will.
My supervisor was a great man
I enjoyed working with AECOM. The job was challenging and quite mind boggling. Mostly I worked from home and my supervisor advised me remotely. This is the first time I ever worked from home.
Great place
Great company with a lot of options to progress your career in any direction that you want to do. Great atsmophere to work and the people are also a job to be around!
Jungle of egocentric lying spies
There are way too many captains on the boat where I worked and every single one of them worked at outsmarting the others, most of the time at the expense of the low level employees. One can feel and smell segregation, discrimination, and dirty games. Negative gossip is daily practice and backbiting is primary culture. One goes with motivation to work but the harder they try, the more isolated they feel from the mischievous others who pretend to work, but do nobody knows what until they get someone laid off.
Good Old Boys Club, No Guidance, and No Path to Advance
Managers do very little managing and hard work is rarely acknowledged. Salary increases are nominal and absolutely NO GROWTH! The company adopts an open space concept to promote collaboration; however, the goal fails when no one wants to talk to each other.
an ok company to work for
of course no workplace is perfect but this company could always use an improvement.
management could use more training

proper training for the job at hand
Remote working option
All the requirements and deadlines are clear. Outstanding communication platforms. Remote working option is the biggest plus of the company. Overall, great place to work.
Tolerable
Managers are friendly but unable to provide genuine staff support as they appear to be tied to unreasonable financial requirements from higher-ups. Poorly trained human resources staff.
Work / Life Balance
I thoroughly enjoyed my career with AECOM. Up until this past year, I have had so many amazing and memorable experiences with the projects I managed. My ONLY criticism is not with AECOM itself, just my immediate supervisor who thought work included 24/7 hours and family was just a hobby once in a while...
Graduate school internship at AECOM
I was part of a team that worked on an after action review of projects upon completion. AAR was an opportunity to understand how the project team worked together and ways to improve processes.
Work with consummate professionals.
The very best work environment in the USA. Work with other top shelf professionals in a highly collaborative environment. High diversity and appreciation for contributions from all levels of experience.
A solid company to work for
Great company to work for. They really try hard to look after their employees. The type work I did was classified, however, I was well looked after while on the job.
Average workplace
There didn't seem anything unique about this workplace. The boss and coworkers were all easy to get along with and made working at the office a good place to feel you wanted to go to every day.
This company has excellent health and 401k benefits.
Excellent company for career advancement. They keep you up to date on regular company training.
Better pay for the work
Better management better pay they didn’t seem to invest much in the employees, Ihave nothing more to add. The Company should try to improve on it’s leadership policies to get better results from the workers
Productive work environment
Great working environment; definitely conducive of great team work..

Company has great benefits, pay and raises/bonuses are standard and comparable to other companies that size. .
Aecom
They are results oriented, seeking the best talent available and do not age discriminate.
AECOM has a good business acquisition plan. The area manager is given decision making latitude without requiring a bathroom pass.
Just A Number
I was on a few government programs during my tenure at AECOM and once the programs came to an end they told us that we would be laid off. I was fortunate enough to have good supervisors that helped find me a new position. But I felt that I was just a number in this huge company.
Nice
Hard working people
Travel

Work from home flexibility

Friendly staff
Overall unfair treatment and inconsistency throughout
Aecom has the potential to be a good company. There are very unprofessional supervisors unsupportive managers and no chain of command to report anything. They tend to make up rules and they go along and treat employees according to their own feelings. They also change policy whenever they want and discourage inclusivity. Take away paid holidays and discourage outside help such as union although there is a partial union for a portion of the work force and they discourage legal help with threats
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K
1.4K
Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

29%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.