AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 2,397 reviews matching the search See all 3,654 reviews
Great Company If you like Accounting
Project Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 20, 2019
This is temp position I have been working here for almost 6 months. The training isn't the best and the position was not described to me correctly, but i trained and am doing what I can. If you like billing it's a good job. Though, ever Project Manager bills differently.
Pros
Support from other eomployees
Cons
Training
Great company
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMarch 19, 2019
Great company. I really enjoy being employed by this company. At my work site, there is an issue with job security and as a newly divorced single parent job security is definitely a necessity.
Terrible
heavy equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nebo, CAMarch 19, 2019
I can't honestly say there's anything good about this company they don't care about anything other then themselves you're just a number to them horrible working conditions
Pros
Cons
To many
Decent
GROUND WATER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2019
You can learn alot and grow with the company if you are interested. The only downside i didn't like is, there can be alot of traveling away from family so if you are a road warrior then it can work for u.
Work was oconus.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  OCONUSMarch 16, 2019
While on a project, work was 10 hours a day and 7 days per week.
Long term projects (year or more) were 90 days on and 2 weeks off at home. Work schedule for short term projects were dependent on the individual contract.
Always treated well and no issues with management.
long hours and little time of
M1A2 HULL/TURRET MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Al AsimahMarch 16, 2019
get given work complete work learned a lot about weapons management is ok were i work just now good bunch of people watching people leave for other work going home at end of day
Restrictive management
Director, Global Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2019
Restrictive management with a view to blame. Senior management was accused of wrong doing. Many changes to leadership structure caused confusion and resentment
Pros
Cons
micro management
Career Path
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 14, 2019
My experience with AECOM was ok but the company spends zero time investing in employee's career path. I felt the employees are more of a number than an asset.
Pros
Friendly, safe, good coworkers.
Cons
Health Care, advancement opportunities
So far so good
Mission Assurance Lead (Current Employee) –  Odon, INMarch 14, 2019
I am a contractor for AECOM to the DoD, Crane, IN serving as a Mission Assurance Lead..

I believe that AECOM has a vested interest in their employees and supply all types of benefits.
Pros
Training, schooling, well being is stressed
Cons
None so far
Excellant Employer
Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLMarch 14, 2019
Only reason I left was contract end. I'd still be there if it wasn't for the loss of contract. Flexible working hours, good pay. Great collegues. I hope to work for them elsewhere if a position opens.
Pros
Excellant compensation, flexible working hours
Cons
Not always a good place to work
Senior Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2019
As long as you are assigned to a project, everything is fine. Once the project is complete, you may be put on the shelf until something new comes along.
Aecom
Business Operations Accountant (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 13, 2019
Aecom is an excellent place to work with good benefits and lots of learning opportunities. Very good management support system.
I loved my 19 years of experience here.
fine place
Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 12, 2019
This is a large global organization. Great opportunities for some but some isolation in the remote locations. Pros and cons to everything. Not micromanaged, get the job done and all is well.
Cons
small office within the global organization without all the benefits of a large company.
Do not recommend
Project Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 12, 2019
Company did not provide resources to successfully and efficiently complete work. Mentors were basically nonexistent. The project management tools were geared towards bigger $1M+ projects and not useful for programs working on smaller projects. Overall not a good environment.
Accountant & Fiancial Reporting
Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2019
Analyze and review projects. Advance in Excel utilizing VLookup and Pivot on a daily basis. Managed reports and help with month-end closing. Reconciled GL Accounts.
Aecom
Production Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  VAMarch 8, 2019
A goal oriented company that focuses on getting the job done correctly the first time around. No training opportunities to further knowledge within field.
Pros
Encouraged OT when approved
Cons
Short or missed breaks, double standards, management personnel
I worked for Travis Woodman very professional
Journeyman ironworker (Former Employee) –  Journeyman red seal ironworkerMarch 6, 2019
I worked for Travis Woodman very professional hoping to get back on horizon or kearl lake horizon job site was a good group atmosphere
I really enjoyed working and good communication with staff also
Good
Cons
Travel to soght un organized
Terrible Management and buddy system
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Albian Sands, Kearl CorrectionalMarch 3, 2019
AECOM is under bidding all other contractors and they’re affiliated with CLAC wanna be union. Supervisors are friends of friends and CLAC is the same. CLAC representatives only show up when someone is being terminated and they’re also friends of friends. Fair wage but terrible at making you whole when hours are missed. I truly wish the company would crumble so another non-union company can come in and treat employees better. Overtime pay is a joke!
Pros
Bagged Lunch
Cons
Management, Company as a whole
Site Managment was great
Industrial Maintenance Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Wamego, KSMarch 1, 2019
Now I know its not the same everywhere but at the Wamego, KS site Management was the best I've found anywhere else. There was pressure to get things done like anywhere else but I found the work environment pushed more for getting the job done right and safe rather than RIGHT NOW as some industrial places have regardless of the "safety first" culture which gets pushed to the background.
I never thought my job was in jeopardy so long as your doing the right thing and not trying to cut corners. Pay was decent benefits were average. Some of the higher techs should really be paid more.
Great company
Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic Leader (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Excellent leadership and work environment. Clear and measurable goals. Working here has been a great experience and has prepared me to move up in my carrier as a manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight